ASUS ROG Strix GL504 (SCAR II, HERO II)
notebook: Windows 10

The forum decided to post images under the spoilerPicture

Description
Information from the official website:
https://www.asus.com/r...trix-SCAR-II/Features/
https://www.asus.com/r...trix-Hero-II/Features/

ROG Strix SCAR II
Continuing the glorious traditions of its predecessor, the ROG Strix SCAR II laptop offers all fans of first-person shooters an even more perfect combination of style and power. Its IPS display with an ultra-thin frame, 144 Hz refresh rate and low response time (3 ms) gives a high-quality picture, helping to more accurately and quickly catch the enemy in sight. A convenient keyboard features accelerated key response - Overstroke technology. To increase the coverage area of ​​the Wi-Fi module and increase the stability of the wireless signal, the multi-antenna system RangeBoost is used. The device is running Windows 10 Pro, and its hardware configuration includes the eighth generation Intel Core i7 processor and the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series graphics card, for the stability of which the HyperCool Pro cooling system is responsible. The ROG Strix SCAR II is the perfect weapon for well-aimed shooters!

ROG Strix Hero II
Continuing the glorious traditions of its predecessor, the ROG Strix Hero II laptop offers all game lovers of the MOBA Arena genre an even more perfect combination of style and power. Thanks to the ultra-thin screen frame, it has become more compact, and the IPS-display with a refresh rate of 144 Hz and a wide color gamut (100% sRGB) gives a high-quality picture so that you can easily distinguish an ally from the opponent even in the hottest fight. The user-friendly keyboard boasts enhanced reliability - up to 20 million keystrokes, which is twice the industry standard. To increase the coverage area of ​​the Wi-Fi module and increase the stability of the wireless signal, the multi-antenna system RangeBoost is used. The device runs on the Windows 10 Pro operating system, and its hardware configuration includes the eighth generation Intel Core i7 processor and the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card, for the stable operation of which the HyperCool Pro cooling system is responsible. The Strix Hero II Notebook is a game to the next level!
Specifications
Processor: Intel Core i7 8750H (Coffee Lake) 2.2 GHz
Intel Core i5 8300H (Coffee Lake) 2.3 GHz
RAM: 16 GB DDR4-2666 MHz
Screen: 15.6 "IPS (LED) Matte, 144Hz
Resolution: 1920x1080 Full HD
Video card: NVIDIA GeForceВ® GTX 1060, 6144 mb
NVIDIA GeForceВ® GTX 1070, 8192 mb
Integrated Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630, 64 + 1632 MB
Sound: SonicMaster
Storage: 1000 GB HDD (5400 rpm), 128 GB SSD, Storage Type: HDD + SSD
1000 GB HDD (5400 rpm), 256 GB SSD, Storage Type: HDD + SSD

Communication: LAN 10/100/1000
Wireless: Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi (802.11 b / g / n / ac) 2x2
Ports: 3 x USB 3.1, 1 x USB Type-C, Kensington security, Line-out, Mic-in, HDMI, Mini DisplayPort
Expansion Slots: SD / SDHC / SDXC Card Reader
Additional devices: Camera 1.0 MP, LED backlight keyboard
Input Devices: Windows Keyboard, Touchpad

Case Material: Plastic
Cover Material: Aluminum Alloy
Case dimensions: 36.1 x 26.2 x 2.6 cm
Weight: 2.400 kg
Battery: Li-Ion, capacity - 4840 mAh (up to 4.0 h)

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Rep: (53)
The update "ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 3/26/2019 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.23.0" arrived.
That's exactly before such updates it is recommended to make backups)))

Rep: (5)
The update "ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 3/26/2019 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.23.0" arrived.

where do you get these updates? I don’t have anything, some software did not install Asusovsky ...

where do you get these updates?

Windows Update
Yes, it seems I have not installed anything superfluous. When the BIOS came to everyone through Windows Update, it seems version 304, I didn’t wait for it))) And then it got lucky))))
The most interesting thing is that I can not find anywhere what kind of nonsense flew (((No description.

After installing the update, I found the "ASUSLiveUpdateAgent" service which I deleted and was sure that it would no longer exist. )))
ASUSLiveUpdateAgent
Attached Image

Rep: (9)
* 5709 ,

while with this all the rules.
I did not observe dumps, and there were no complaints in this thread either.

Rep: (1)
Comrades, who took the device without an OS or maybe someone just installed a clean OS. Faced such a small disaster that I just can’t defeat ... in general, I install Armory Crate and ASUS Hotkeys drivers and when I press the fn + f5 key combination (changing the system modes (quiet-balance-overbust)), the icon does not appear on the screen, then there are modes changing, but I don’t see which one was activated at the moment. After the purchase, I installed the system, everything worked and showed, but the system flew and had to be reinstalled and now I can’t defeat this trifle, I’m used to changing modes already, it’s not convenient to enter the application every time, especially if the game is running on the connected TV and when minimizing and maximizing the game performance problems begin, friezes of the lag, have to dance until the system reboot tambourine. Already 4 times the system was reinstalled and in different ways I tried to install the software from the Asus website and already from the complete disk I tried how it is not defeated. I sin on updating the BIOS, but I don’t know if it’s connected ... and the icon for changing the keyboard backlight modes (fn + left and right arrows) doesn’t appear; decreasing-increasing the backlight brightness (fn + up and down arrows) is displayed, the microphone on / off is displayed, on / off touchpad is displayed. Maybe someone has any thoughts because of what there may be such an ailment ...
Gl704gm

Post has been editedcheck686 - 20.04.19, 05:54

Check686 @ 04/20/19, 06:53*
I sin on updating the BIOS

Maybe. Roll back the bios and check.

* check686 ,

I think I put some kind of program in the Microsoft store ... I'll take a look later.

* check686 ,

this
Attached Image

asus keyboard hotkeys
and set it to the Admin, and also had to the ordinary user again, because in the admin showed, but the other user does not.

Post has been editedArtalex81 - 20.04.19, 13:30
Reason for editing: added

Artalex81 @ 04.20.19, 14:28*
asus keyboard hotkeys

Yes, nowhere without her. I thought he set it.
Check686 @ 04/20/19, 06:53*
ASUS Hotkeys drivers

I saw that he installed the driver. I thought that I set the program.

* pakypc ,

I accidentally found her, I also wanted to put the image back.

listen!
how happy I am after replacing the CO!
comp cool!
+ your trottle stop config and no squeaking chokes!

Rep: (3)
Artalex81 @ 04.20.19, 14:24*
how happy I am after replacing the CO!

And my damn situation is so stupid now.

After the purchase, the laptop hummed for 3-4 months (in my city there is only one SC to take advantage of the guarantee, and the reviews are not the best).
I thought when I went to another city, I’ll take it there. Already even found a normal SC.
And I have been quiet for the last 3-4 days. It buzzes of course, but not as before, but it does not work quietly either.

If I come, they will say that this is his normal work. Bye ... We'll have to wait until he gets brutalized again. : censored:

Artalex81 @ 04/20/19, 10:28 PM*
asus keyboard hotkeys

set this utility ... I will try to roll back bios ...

Check686 @ 04.21.19, 01:47*
I'll try to roll back the bios ...

BIOS rollback didn’t help either ...
Does Asus even have a utility that would pull all the necessary software to a specific laptop model?

Check686 @ 04/20/19, 17:12*
BIOS rollback didn’t help either ...

ASUS Keyboard Hotkeys
And what type of such a utility from the site is not worth it? It seems like it should be so that it shows icons when switching.
Sorry, diagonally read above))

It seems to me in any case, this driver utility. These Asus are mysterious, put-delete-put and it seems to work.
I have a GL504gm backlight problem. It works, and then, as if by timer, it is cut down before the next AURA launch. I just can not win!

Post has been editedreima13 - 21.04.19, 11:42

* check686 ,

I had a laptop with official Windows,
then when there were glitches with coolers, Windows installed it from scratch,
I downloaded firewood from the site (there are a lot of them, I took the last ones), but there it was written in the description what to put for.
But the indicator did not appear ...
I read somewhere that it is necessary to install this utility from the Microsoft Store, but I installed it exactly two times:
- admin
- ordinary user

From the 5th reinstallation, Windows won ... on a clean system, the first thing I installed was ASUS hotkeys drivers from the Asus site (the last ones) then the armuory crate from the Asus site only then from the Microsoft store the same services ... In general, I was once again convinced of the excessive asus software curvatures, since if you first put Armory crate service, then Asus hotkey dragers do not get into which, when you start the installer, you are prompted to delete, confirm that it is deleted, restart, restart the installer and again delete the offer and so on in a circle ... they are not deleted generally drive Hotkey mode, and accordingly there is no way to simply reinstall them

Rep: (0)
Hello !

Who had a problem entering hibernation when closing the lid?
I close it, but he wakes up the infection anyway and it turns out he works non-stop.
Already tried different options, set everything in the power settings, nothing helps.

* xtrials,
In general, the behavior when closing the lid is regulated in the settings.
If with these settings the laptop does not go to sleep
That is 99% that the problem is in Windows.

Try to backup your system (via Acronis True Image).
Put another Windows. And double-check.

If anything, then recover.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editednavernoedenis - 22.04.19, 20:24

Xtrials @ 04/22/19, 20:34*
I close it, but he wakes up the infection anyway and it turns out he works non-stop.

So does the laptop still attempt to go to sleep when closing the lid?
I had a defect on my macbook with going to sleep.
He began to fall asleep with the lid not fully closed and woke up when it was completely closed or opened.
Here are two defective videos.1and2. Filmed for the seller. Received $ 80 compensation and he corrected the loop inside the MacBook)))

Post has been editedpakypc - 22.04.19, 23:31

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/14/19, 16:44