ASUS ROG Strix GL504 (SCAR II, HERO II) | [notebook]

Rep: (1)
ASUS ROG Strix GL504 (SCAR II, HERO II)
notebook: Windows 10 | Intel Core i7 8750H (Coffee Lake) 2.2 GHz | 16 GB of DDR4-2666 MHz
Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows 8-8.1 пїЅ | Windows RT and software пїЅ | Windows 7 пїЅ | Android | Remix OS пїЅ | Linux on tablets пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance tablet owners пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ | IT smoker пїЅ | Operating systems and software

Attached Image

Description
Information from the official website:
https://www.asus.com/r...trix-SCAR-II/Features/
https://www.asus.com/r...trix-Hero-II/Features/

ROG Strix SCAR II
Continuing the proud tradition of his predecessor, ROG Strix SCAR II notebook offers all fans of first-person shooters even more perfect combination of style and power. Its IPS-display with ultrathin frame refresh rate of 144 Hz and a low response time (3 ms) provides a high-quality picture, more accurately and in helping to catch the enemy in sight soon. Comfortable keyboard differs rapid actuation keys - Overstroke technology. To increase the coverage of Wi-Fi and increase the stability of the wireless signal is used multiantennaya RangeBoost system. The device runs on Windows 10 Pro, and its hardware configuration includes Intel Core i7 processor and eighth-generation graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series, which is responsible for the stability of the cooling system HyperCool Pro. Notebook ROG Strix SCAR II - it is an ideal weapon for marksmen!

ROG Strix Hero II
Continuing the proud tradition of his predecessor, ROG Strix Hero II notebook offers all fans of the genre of games В«MOBA-Arena" more perfect combination of style and power. Due to the hyperfine screen frame it has become more compact, and IPS-display with a refresh rate of 144 Hz and a wide color gamut (100% sRGB) provides high-quality image to you, even in the hottest battle easily distinguish allies from the enemy. Convenient keyboard boasts high reliability - up to 20 million keystrokes, which is two times higher than the industry standard. To increase the coverage of Wi-Fi and increase the stability of the wireless signal is used multiantennaya RangeBoost system. The device is running the operating system Windows 10 Pro, and its hardware configuration includes Intel Core i7 processor and eighth-generation NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card, for stable operation of the cooling system which is responsible HyperCool Pro. Laptop Strix Hero II - this is a game to a new level!
Specifications
Processor: Intel Core i7 8750H (Coffee Lake) 2.2 GHz
Intel Core i5 8300H (Coffee Lake) 2.3 GHz
RAM: 16 GB DDR4-2666 MHz
Screen: 15.6 "IPS (LED) Matte, 144Hz
Resolution: 1920x1080 Full HD
Video card: NVIDIA GeForceВ® GTX 1060, 6144 mb
NVIDIA GeForceВ® GTX 1070, 8192 mb
Integrated Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630, 64 + 1632 MB
Sound: SonicMaster
Storage: 1000 GB HDD (5400 rpm), 128 GB SSD, Storage Type: HDD + SSD
1000 GB HDD (5400 rpm), 256 GB SSD, Storage Type: HDD + SSD

Communication: LAN 10/100/1000
Wireless: Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi (802.11 b / g / n / ac) 2x2
Ports: 3 x USB 3.1, 1 x USB Type-C, Kensington security, Line-out, Mic-in, HDMI, Mini DisplayPort
Expansion Slots: SD / SDHC / SDXC Card Reader
Additional devices: Camera 1.0 MP, LED backlight keyboard
Input Devices: Windows Keyboard, Touchpad

Case Material: Plastic
Cover Material: Aluminum Alloy
Case dimensions: 36.1 x 26.2 x 2.6 cm
Weight: 2.400 kg
Battery: Li-Ion, capacity - 4840 mAh (up to 4.0 h)

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedWinSSLioN - 12.12.19, 13:51
Reason for editing: Resigning caps

Rep: (1)
I propose to share operating experience who have already managed to purchase a laptop from this series. Interesting enough and modern models. I ask the owners to describe the temperature regimes in idle and under load (in games, preferably with an indication of the game in which the temperature readings were read).
Also, were any defects observed during operation.

Rep: (54)
Chokes squeak (((

Rep: (3)
Bought, but have not played anything.
I bought a version without windows, as a result, I install everything myself with pens. On drivers, everything fell quietly, but on the snails from ASUS, a jamb. The notorious keyboard backlight did not work in any version. Hangs at startup and nothing can be switched. Now there is a "rainbow" mode, I wanted to make a single-color backlight.

I wanted to go to the forum rog.asus.com/forum - but I can’t get in, and I’ve tried 15 logins already, says check your mail for which I registered in asus, but nothing comes there :(.

* DeHb,
Deliver from the store "rog aura core". Not rog aura, but rog aura core.
Still need to put "Aura Lighting Service", it can be taken from the site of asus.

* pakypc
Yes, I tried all the versions already, somehow it started. I set the settings and chopped off the autostart, because it eats 15% of the processor constantly running.
In terms of downvoltage, the processor seems to be working with -0.100V, it would be nice to figure out the whisper mode so that it works in games, while none of the games have worked. Well, or downgrade the video card itself, too, but so far the utilities cannot reduce the frequency and voltage on the video card.

DeHb @ 10.10.18, 23:21*
Yes, I tried all the versions already, somehow it started. I set the settings and chopped off the autostart, because it eats 15% of the processor constantly while it is running

Well, I did the same. Configured and no longer run. Tomorrow I will drink a video player and show how it works for me.
On the processor, I once flew a blue screen at -100mV, now I lowered it to -80 and now everything is ok.
By vidyuhe not even trying to reduce the pressure. I'm not sure that there will be a utility that can do this on the video of our laptop.
And I also noticed some "features" of the laptop in games, more precisely, the features of the video cards of the laptop.

This is how I use ROG Aura Core.
This miracle is launched through the "ROG Gaming Center"
Rog gaming center
Attached Image

After starting, in normal condition, the “ROG Aura Core” and “Task Manager” look like this:
Headline
Attached Image

After all the manipulations, the “ROG Aura Core” freezes, and in the “Task Manager” we see that the “LightingService” process (the topmost one) begins to consume a lot of resources.
Headline
Attached Image

Just take and kill the process "LightingService"))) "ROG Aura Core" immediately continues to work.
If the "ROG Aura Core" hangs again, look for and kill the "LightingService".
That's how we live.

The version of "ROG Aura Core" from my small soft store.
Version of "LightingService", aka "Aura Lighting Service" - 1.00.37

DeHb @ 10.10.18, 23:21*
still with a video card to understand that whisper mode worked in games

So everything is on default included.
In the GeForce Experience, in Settings. If disabled, turn it on.
After you turn it on, you can make the WHISPER MODE settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel under the Manage 3D Settings menu in the Program Settings tab.
That's how Rise of the Tomb Raider and Assassin's Creed Origins work for me.

* pakypc
Well, I have the same story, only once I set the backlight as I need, and then turned off the "Aura Core Listener" in startup, and now when I start "LightingService" it doesn’t start automatically and everything is fine, the backlight works, the intensity is regulated with hot keys, But there is no loading.

* DeHb,
I have "Aura Core Listener" ("LightingService") at startup. There are problems with him only when you launch "ROG Aura Core", that is, never)))

Pakypc @ 10/09/18, 14:53*
So everything is on default included.
In the GeForce Experience, in Settings. If disabled, turn it on.
After you turn it on, you can make the WHISPER MODE settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel under the Manage 3D Settings menu in the Program Settings tab.
That's how Rise of the Tomb Raider and Assassin's Creed Origins work for me.

Well, the witcher on the drum, he goes either under 100FPS, or at 60 or 30 fps such a setting is in the game itself, but at 45FPS as set in the NVIDIA driver to no.
Warthunder also does not work there for more than 100FPS, and the driver costs 50FPS.

DeHb @ 10/09/18, 13:29*
Well, the witcher on the drum, he goes either under 100FPS, or at 60 or 30 fps such a setting is in the game itself, but at 45FPS as set in the NVIDIA driver to no.

It’s strange. ATofficial video from NVIDIAfor 1 min. 52 sec., There is the witcher. There they have it at 40 fps.
Do you play on an external monitor or on your own display?

Post has been editedpakypc - 09.10.18, 13:28

DeHb @ 10/09/18, 13:29*

Set the witcher and took offvideo. 45 fps. The propellers worked in the "balanced" mode, the temperature is 71 degrees. I made the "overboost" mode and the temperature dropped to 68 degrees, while the noise increased very slightly.

Post has been editedpakypc - 09.10.18, 16:00

I removed all the firewood from Nvidia, and reinstalled it.

So the witcher earned all the same on 45FPS, GTA5 also seemed to work, in the tundra he doesn’t want to.

As for the replacement of thermal paste, the question is. If I change, lose the warranty?

But Mac put liquid metal, and beauty began to temperature immediately fell 10 degrees.

* DeHb,
I won’t say anything about the guarantee. Most likely you will lose. And why on gl504 liquid metal? He is not very hot anyway. On the poppy, yes, without normal cooling, the end. I have 17 '' died vidyuha, warmed up to 82-84 degrees. I ordered myself Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme. Waiting for when he arrives. Metal did not buy, I'm afraid that then it will not work normally to tear it off. It’s easier to change the paste every 2 years.

* pakypc
Duck there, the bare crystals of the chips are in contact with the copper of the heat pipes, nothing is stuck, it should normally go away. I’ve just been using it on another beech and on a stationary PC for a long time, I don’t know any problems. For the laptop, you still need to order the thermal interfaces where all sorts of mosfets are adjacent to the heat pipes.

DeHb @ 10.10.18, 21:36*
For the laptop, you still need to order the thermal interfaces where all sorts of mosfets are adjacent to the heat pipes.

I hope that there are already thermal interfaces, and not pasta. I will leave those that are.
DeHb @ 10.10.18, 21:36*
Duck there, the bare crystals of chips with copper heat pipes in contact

The fact of the matter is that there are bare crystals. I saw a few videos on YouTube where radiators were difficult to tear off from ordinary processors. And our percent, or rather its crystal, will definitely remain on the radiator))) I do not want to take risks, sorry for the machine, good)))

DeHb @ 10.10.18, 10:50*
The notorious keyboard backlight did not work in any version.

Earned. I plow like a clock, even blinking to the music))) Pampering is continuous.
What should be done:
1. From the store of small soft we put ROG Aura Core.
2. Gohere. We choose GM501GM and Windows 10 64-bit. Packages for ROG Zephyrus M (GM501) will open
3. Click on "EXPAND ALL +". The entire list of packages will open.
4. Download Aura Lighting Service V1.00.41 and ROG Aura Core Component V1.0.14.
5. Install both packages.
6. Enjoy)))

In general, I received a 2x8GB set of memory (Kingstone Hyper X HX426S15IB2K2 / 16) yesterday. And immediately made a comparison with the results of benchmarks passed on one standard die in 8GB.
The results are as follows.

Benchmark - result with 8GB SK Hynix (2666Mhz CL19) - result with 16Gb Kingstone (2666Mhz CL15)

1. FurMark ROG Editiom - 5144 - 5334
2. Intel (R) Extreme Tuning Utility - 937 - 1409
3. CPU-Z 1.86 - Single - 440.3 Multi 3344.5 - Single - 433.4 Multi 3372.7
4. WinRar 5.61 - 8117KB / s - 12139KB / s
5. LinX 0.7.0 (4096MB) - 142.42Gflops - 250.14gflops
6. CINEBENCH15 - CPU 1134 / OpenGL 95.94fps - CPU 1203 / OpenGL 110.49fps
7. RealBench System Score / Heavy Multi / OpenGL / Encoding / Image editing
93820/95674/93275/103012/83320 - 108424/126519/92742/121410/93025
8. 3D MARK - Score 5348 / Graphics 5365 / CPU 5257 - Score 5511 / Graphics 5333 / CPU 6798

Exactly for the processor there is some sense, yet dual-channel memory solves + reduced timings.
For games I tested so far only a Wartander, in principle, there in almost all benchmarks the difference is from +5 to + 10%, and in the processor test + 16%.

* DeHb,
Thanks for the benchmarks. I now have a native 16 GB bracket. And in the previous laptop (ASUS FX504) it is HYPERX HX426S15IBK2 / 16. You and I have a difference in one digit. At
I end up with IBK2, and you have IB2K2. On my kind of timings a little better (judging by the datasheets). Now I’m thinking of removing 2 HYPERX bars and putting them on my GL504. A FX504 selling with one bar.

P.S. Has AURA figured it out?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 29/04/20, 19:35