Media Player DVB T2 MECOOL M8S Plus S905D 1Gb / 8Gb [Android] | [Multimedia player]

Rep: (2)
DiscussionMECOOL M8S Plus DVB
Player
Discussion пїЅ
Specifications
Network capabilities: Ethernet, Wi-Fi
Maximum resolution: Full HD (1920x1080)
Display availability: No
Inputs and Outputs:
1 xAntenna input (RF).
2 x USB 2.0
1 x HDMI output
1 x LAN
1 x AV
Built-in memory: 8 GB
Support for USB-drives, including an external hard drive

Processor: Amlogic S905D
Graphics processor: ARM Mali-450MP3

RAM: 1 GB DDR3
Wireless interfaces: Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n
TV: DVB-T2
USB keyboard and mouse support
Dimensions, W x D x H: 130 x 98 x 21 mm
Delivery set: Media player, remote control, device of charging from a network, HDMI cable

A photo
Attached Image

Purchase
Firmware
Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 30.08.19, 08:33
Reason for editing: New firmware on GI Uni 2

Rep: (0)
* McMCC,
Hello, and for receiving a signal quality that can be said, and what weaknesses device space in your opinion?

Rep: (24)
ocman @ 15.03.19, 23:36*
Hello, and for receiving a signal quality that can be said, and what weaknesses device space in your opinion?

You are about DVB-S version ask? At 36E it works fine, but there is a signal dray, everything else in sabzhevoy console. In my opinion, the price of bribes, but of course it is better to put something like CoreELEC / AlexELEC or Enigma2, well after working draver M88RS6060 appear for Linux ...

I did for consoles sabzhevoy M8S Plus DVB-T2 demodulator for operating the driver AVL6762TA and MxL608 tuner collected test version AlexELEC 3.0.4. In CoreELEC have support, but in its infancy, there is no support wifi, demodulator operates, but the tuner is not properly configured, which is why constantly pours picture. I have the whole thing refined and built into AlexELEC, wifi works, but sometimes likes to fall off to another console with the same wifi everything is fine, until it became to understand, DVB-T / T2 / C works fine, here DVB-C test screenshots OnLime, there are now 53 channels are open.
Test DVB-C OnLime
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image
Attached Image

Firmware AlexELEC for M8S Plus DVB-T2:https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2juq/TVUkqXVGg
An updated version with more recentFix for MxL608 tunerin Magicsee C300 / C300Pro / C400Plus -https://cloud.mail.ru/public/5LpF/F4oAB32f9

Extract from the archive and write the firmware image to a USB stick, all the programs and actions are similar to both the SD card, then you need to write in dtb.img ALEXELEC section at the very root, the DTB profile is taken from the same section of ALEXELEC device_trees directory, the file is called gxl_p231_1g_m8s_dvbt. dtb, simply copy it to the root of the name dtb.img. Remote working immediately by default, it does not need to adjust. How to configure TVHeadend and stuff, looking and reading onlinehttp://www.alexelec.in.ua/

P.S. Keep in mind, USB flash drive must be of high quality, desirable brand and not fake ....
P.P.S. To boot from a USB flash drive, insert the zubochitsku in the AV jack, you will feel that there is a button, turn on the console and keep the toothpick button 5-6 seconds, then release, is to go to boot from the USB stick, you see AlexELEC logo and initial installation, after what console itself is rebooted and the Kodi ....

Post has been editedMcMCC - 18.03.19, 02:30

* McMCC, yes I mean version dvb-s. Yes Price
but as it has not turned out that the "miser pays twice", so I asked you about the weak spots.

And as boxes picture via AV realistic to look at, or better through AV to HDMI adapter?

Somehow skips the volume, even when viewing the same channel or a video on youtube. On the TV, like the auto-disabled. Maybe some sound normalizer for Android is?

Rep: (48)
McMCC @ 17.03.19, 20:06*
wifi works, but sometimes likes to fall off to another console with the same wifi everything is fine, until it became to understand,

There is a chance that you will refine and identify the bugs and fix them the same? Put the other software you want, but at least it would not have been stocks, dumps Wi fi and so on ...

vovaavtozvuk @ 18.03.19, 12:53*
There is a chance that you will refine and identify the bugs and fix them the same? Put the other software you want, but at least it would not have been stocks, dumps Wi fi and so on ...

1. I integrate DVB only part of the different boxes at AlexELEC project in CoreELEC are engaged in other mates, all in the public domain, improvements and fixes go all the time.
2. WiFi unfortunately only in assembled form without source code, I had to adapt to AlexELEC assembly, but without any warranty work. Console with S905X works fine on sabzhevoy console there is a problem until it understood the reason, I suspect, because of the number of used interrupts can still because of what ... temporarily until you can use ezernet connect or cut off the SDIO interface DTB in profile and connect a supported USB wifi dongle, a list of supported USB wifi is on the site LibreELEC / CoreELEC. Yes, a glitch with the wifi still not accompanied by a complete disconnection top boxes, set-top boxes have to juggle with food ...
3. To install anything not required AlexELEC, it is installed separately on a USB flash drive, take out the stick and Georgia in their favorite staff Android, ie as usual...
4. With respect to the DVB, the tests show the excellent and stable operation of the DVB-C / T2, consoles, worked for two days on the DVB-C and day to DVB-T2 without shutting it if you are interested and in comparison with Android ...

Post has been editedMcMCC - 18.03.19, 13:51

Rep: (1)
McMCC @ 18.03.19, 12:49*
... it is installed separately on a USB stick ...

There is a chance to establish the internal memory?

rudelph @ 18.03.19, 15:55*
There is a chance to establish the internal memory?

At the moment, there is an option, but most likely not deliver. I would not recommend doing this until all debugging a ...

Rep: (53)
I came remote AIR mouse T3 Ali 13.99 ye .. steep, there are Russian and English keyboard layout. The microphone works, voice search works - but you need to install Google Search, all buttons are programmable - in general, I am pleased. Much better than the MX3.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedmisterg1 - 21.03.19, 20:22

Rep: (4)
Hello. I bought the device. By and large - everything is fine for the money. There are a couple of questions: I have a "+" and a regular remote control buttons "-" (page) work the other way around. "+" Button flips through the channels in the smaller side, and "-" - in more. The branch did not find the problem .. it to me one "lucky"?) And how best to make the USB flash drive inserted into the player, available on the local network (to a computer could throw files). The player is connected by vayfay. Thank!

Post has been editedrik1305 - 21.03.19, 08:55

Rep: (48)
rik1305 @ 20.03.19, 22:53*
on my normal remote "+" and the button "-" (page) work the other way around. "+" Button flips through the channels in the smaller side, and "-" - in more.

All true. Native remote control do not use, it is better to purchase Air Mouse MX3 or T3. How it looks - the above is a description and photo.

Media player DVB T2 MECOOL M8S Plus S905D 1Gb / 8Gb [Android] (Post misterg1 # 83488803)

Post has been editedvovaavtozvuk - 21.03.19, 17:01

Rep: (56)
* ocman,
So I checked it was not so long ago on a subject
Converter I liked more than the native output

Rep: (1)
Good day everyone!
Is it possible to log on youtube with this set-top box?
Those who pokapal it in Russia still have a DVB-C or not?

Rep: (7)
* Felix58 ,
I logged in, sometimes flies, but not annoying

Felix58 @ 22.03.19, 13:29*
Those who pokapal it in Russia still have a DVB-C or not?

No matter who her where to buy, the firmware in all the same. DVB-C in the Android firmware disabled as a class, like DVB-C, put my assembly AlexELEC and customize through TVHeadend, it is enough to specify the parameters of the mux, and the rest will arrive automatically and added ...

Rep: (53)
Felix58 @ 22.03.19, 12:29*

All you can, when you are tying your account - and automatically post and Youtube are tightened. YouTube is better to update to version 2.14 or later

Rep: (2)
Good day!
Acquired this prefix. There is a problem with the wifi - connect to a router, connected writes, while sinohroniziruet somewhere minutes through 2, and no Internet. Created on the phone "follower" on this router, everything works fine. The router is already creating a guest network, did not help. The signal is excellent. If you purchase a wifi whistle as it will be determined by the system?

ewgen87 @ 23.03.19, 16:46*
If you purchase a wifi whistle as it will be determined by the system?

The Android is likely in any way, there is no USB driver support wifi dongle. And just to compile the driver and install the same in Android does not work, there is still need a special library libhardware_legacy.so edit and recompile ...

P.S. Can be replaced by a full-time -https: //ru.aliexpress....odule/32767855218.html100% will work, there is support in the firmware Android, plus the bonus will get Bluetooth, and trouble-free operation in the future AlexELEC / CoreELEC for him ...

Post has been editedMcMCC - 23.03.19, 23:23

I came today Mecool M8S Plus DVB-s2, android works well in satellite DVB can not enter, does not see the tuner. Tell me is it treated?

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 17/09/19, 21:47