A good e-book reader, and not very much. ONYX vs Amazon. | "Forgery-hack" VS "Psevdoogranichenny functionality & qu

Rep: (122)
He was sent to the moderator here.
From here:Onyx BOOX Kepler / Monte Cristo / Robinson Crusoe

The essence of the issue became holivarnym:

Are you ready to buy crafts OEM-branded the same Onyx, if later it turns out that all the reviews (as well as scattered around the sites of retail chains reviews) - mildly speaking, dishonest? Moreover, all the schools are known in six months, but a fresh review of all the glosses.

So: the disadvantages of certain models encountered after failing to buy the regular reader from Sony (5 models in 9 years):

ONYX Monte Cristo 3:

- charging controller does not control the process and the end or does not display that the charge is over;
- if you do not turn off the book, and not load each time Android, autonomy at least 5 days (in the reviews on the steep web-based resources - 50% for 15 days, or a month);
- worked to Wi-Fi, the router must be put on postoyanku 1-3 channels, but the PTA is still not arrive;
- an extreme version of the firmware premium device has not been updated since November 2017;
- sometimes the charge end of the day, even without reading, and this is 3000 mAh with E-Ink screen, consuming all around zero;
- Smart Cover works is ugly, it is necessary to bend the magnetic sleep sensors;
- backlight is not uniform, the difference in sensitivity has touchscreen on areas;
- Service Center or what will not help, but rather write "excuse" about "all is well", ie money can only pick from the tambourine ...

Kindle Voyage:

- not available in the Russian Federation;
- does not support out of the box FB2 Russian standard (you need crutches and Jail), has a Google Market;
- works in "read backlit / con" mode, not 6 weeks, and 33-35 days;
- if you buy it cheaper than Monte Cristo3, then the warranty of 90 days. With the guarantee of a year - for 4-5 thousand more expensive.

Rep: (378)
yura-04 @ 09/02/18, 15:50*
With the guarantee of a year - for 4-5 thousand more expensive.
17 000 - 19 000 rubles for the Kindle on the Market against 10 000 for MK3: D

https: //m.market.yande...kindle-voyage/11134461

MK3 can buy in the store, and Kindle should be ordered from the United States and then also separate the cover from China, I understand.

Posted on 09/02/2018, 16:01:

ONYX Monte Cristo 3:
I responded to these points here :):

Onyx BOOX Kepler / Monte Cristo / Robinson Crusoe (Post Vasilich # 76623444)

In short, I have not confirmed they are not one of those "cons MK3" does not interfere with its full use for reading books :)

Post has been editedVasilich - 02.09.18, 16:20

disadvantages of certain models encountered after failing to buy the regular reader from Sony (5 models in 9 years):
except cons, it is worth noting the pros MK3:

- small size
- the ability to touch the device to the store before you buy
- the ability to put custom firmware
- the availability of cover and guarantees of the box
- the opportunity to return the defective device to the store
- Support FB2 out of the box

May still have advantages, I can not remember :)

Post has been editedVasilich - 04.09.18, 09:08

- worked to Wi-Fi, the router must be put on postoyanku 1-3 channels, but the PTA is still not arrive;
I have a 11 channel works.

Posted on 09/02/2018, 16:15:

- backlight is not uniform, the difference has a touchscreen
I did not notice, but I read in the normal and reverse video (black background and white letters) modes

Posted on 09/02/2018, 16:16

- Service Center or what will not help, but rather write "excuse" about "all is well", ie money can only pick from the tambourine ...
I returned the money in 5 days, maybe I did not wake up the first MK3. After that I bought a second company store in MK3 Onyx and very pleased with the MK3: good:

Post has been editedVasilich - 02.09.18, 16:21

Who does not have time for 14-15 thousand "new" - for $ 140 zavsegda find how to buy.

DNS service center to detain the document on the return of 11 000 rubles for 45 days. Where bought - back and passed the (principle).

Vasilich @ 02.09.18, 15:59*
I have not confirmed they are not one of those "cons MK3"

But they confirmed a dozen people from the thematic branches.

That is - the indicator changes color when it reaches 100% of the charge, the book works 30 days without charge unexpected drops, white uniform illumination, excellent operation of the Hall sensor with a straight cover, without bending at the center, the PTA works on Wi-Fi all the flies.

And this is exactly MK3 instead Voyadzh? ))

yura-04 @ 09/02/18, 16:35*
DNS service center to detain the document on the return of 11 000 rubles for 45 days. Where bought - back and passed the (principle).
my 5 day money back in the CSN. Also they took and they too passed.

Posted on 09/02/2018, 16:46:

And this is exactly MK3 instead Voyadzh? ))
exactly :)

Posted on 09/02/2018, 16:48:

Who does not have time for 14-15 thousand "new" - for $ 140 zavsegda find how to buy.
you can find everything. The only question is the timing and convenience. Onyx can come to the store and buy it. A Kindle must first pay and, at best, a week later it will come. And still have to cover for him Ali order, as I understand it :)

Rep: (230)
* yura-04,
holivarny survey in the hat, please

Post has been editedOptom - 02.09.18, 18:31
Reason for edit: Not that pinganul

But the cover is not an example of oniksovskoy, even sit on it, even though the child treads.

Order can be in the Russian Federation, only more expensive. From work to the place of purchase Kindle I got to 100 steps lower than before the DNS, where I was dancing with a tambourine around the director for their money 11 thousand:

Moreover, NewItem:
Attached Image

If you do not bother with FB2 - best 6 "reader in the world get: P

yura-04 @ 02/09/18, 18:30*
Order can be in the Russian Federation, only more expensive
Now all of these "only more expensive" and should be compared with the final MK3 price on the shelf of the Russian Federation store.

After all, if you really want, you can even order parts and to solder the device. And I'm not kidding. There is a whole niche of music devices, which are sold without buildings in the form of a printed circuit board and electronic components bags :)

Posted on 09/02/2018, 18:42:

yura-04 @ 02/09/18, 18:30*
newItem:
but you have not raised the question why the new device (new item) in need of repair (refurbish). I came and I found only one answer: the device has been used, it was repaired and re-sold.

After all, if the Kindle is not broken, why mend them before re-sale? :)

Posted on 09/02/2018, 18:44:

Optom @ 2.09.18, 18:30*
holivarny survey in the hat, please
you mean poll: buy Onyx device in a store or order in the Russian Federation through Ibey Kindle?

yura-04 @ 09/02/18, 18:37*
A very bold statement.Good lighting e-ink'a vybelivaet paper as if reading an expensive academic edition . The letters also appear black on a white background. Perhaps Onyx is (or was) a good solution in a couple of models not cheap, but it is certainly not the MC ...
What are you talking about? When the last time you read an expensive polygraph? : D No eink not compare with the paper coating with its glare and so :)

Posted on 09/02/2018, 18:50:

Stopkin @ 2.09.18, 18:43*
Examples would be desirable. with instrumental measurements.
I uphold: good:

Rep: (727)

* yura-04 ,
yura-04 @ 09/02/18, 15:50 *
- if you buy it cheaper than Monte Cristo3, then the warranty of 90 days. With the guarantee of a year - for 4-5 thousand more expensive.

This is why so. In refarbished 1 year warranty. Not? 90 days if the price is less than $ 50.

eliy @ 02.09.18, 18:51*
In refarbished 1 year warranty.

World - yes. 1 year. How to use it - the question. St. Pete retailers 90 days allowed. I arranged everything (Onyx I passed a couple of days, and I do not like to read on oypade). Onyx managed it for 10-12 days and became a candidate for a refund. And for 3 months every bong pop up, even if not a test test.mobi file type.

Half a year already works like a clock, I was even too lazy to update the firmware (custom fonts - a gourmet) OTA.
At the bottom of the page - yes, about 1 year overseas:https: //www.amazon.com...cr/133-6350092-1250713
From the new and it is no different, in fact, to cut the warranty :)

yura-04 @ 09/02/18, 19:23*
My eyes do not have a built-in light meter, but even such a simple example of how a white border around the body of e-Inca against a black border around the e-Inca - speaks volumes. The matrix in the white case - dull gray, and black case - it seems much whiter. And letters in contrast.
: Rofl: So write what you think ... Do you write another sentence "a very bold statement," and he did not do less "clear" stuffing :)

Rep: (195)
And why only Onyx and Kindel ?!

There is also the PocketBook.
Its advantages: read all formats, has a microSD card on board the heavily optimized the Linux, able to work on the 800MHz single-core processor with 256MB of memory ...
Yet Onyx - always on Android, which in terms of voracious and ROM drive, and the RAM, and CPU.
And MakTsentr far less serious customer as PocketBook. Result: China is doing better Soup for PocketBook, and not for MakTsentr.
Well PlayMarket for Android a la MakTsentr? Who needs to "super-fast" E-Inc screen ?! : D

With regard to the book readers from Kindel, it is - like the iPhone in the smartphone world. Just always (unlike the iPhone) have Dzhilbreyk! : D
But I do not know ... If you rewind time back, I probably instead of its current PocketBook 626 Plus reader would take Kindel.
In "dzhilbreyknutogo" Kindel only one drawback compared with PB - no card slot MicroSD. But, guys, for books 2GB of internal flash - higher than any high roof!
A screen at Kindel still IMHO slightly better than the PB ...

Post has been editedmkudritsky - 02.09.18, 20:11

Rep: (727)
yura-04 @ 09/02/18, 19:18*
How to use it - the question.

Well, like this:
If broken - is deducted from the tech support, they send stickers to return by post and expelled another device or decide that you should not return, locks the device and expelled new. You have to send the broken (or just throw) and then pay the new shipment of the USA through an intermediary, as well as for the purchase. Shipment by "there" usually compensate.
mkudritsky @ 02.09.18, 20:09*
But, guys, for books 2GB of internal flash - higher than any high roof!

The latter has more than 3GB (and there is also a 32GB), but with JB ambush, not all devices have, and to meas which is - can only get a new, freshly unpacked the device and is not always successful.
mkudritsky @ 02.09.18, 20:09*
With regard to the book readers from Kindel, it is - like the iPhone smartphone in the world.

Oh, on the iphone or for money or advertising would get, and then turns off advertising, and its books are converted to mobi yes free to read all you like,

Posted on 09/02/2018, 20:33:

Are you ready to buy crafts OEM-branded the same Onyx, if later it turns out that all the reviews (as well as scattered around the sites of retail chains reviews) - mildly speaking, dishonest? Moreover, all the schools are known in six months, but a fresh review of all the glosses.

Judging by my signature, I did just that.
On Onyx kicked 16000 (in Darwin 2 at the time) but it turned out that I have it defective, although it has been known after the end of the guarantee until it was under warranty promised me that is about to be released new firmware and everything will be OK.

Rep: (5)
other reader on the market there?

Rep: (230)
eliy @ 02.09.18, 22:30*
I was promised that is about to be released new firmware and everything will be OK
We can not believe the promises of marketers and Chinese, and of those who they somehow believe;)

On a subject, I have conditional dream: about 300 books to throw in the reader, to make shelves, save bookmarks and notes, collecting impressions of books, browse the shelves of reading, periodically returning to previously make a bookmark. Onyx I am more closer to realization. But overall I was a bit disappointed that the reader is not ready to be an easy-to-use pocket library. Probably, this will not, because the development of cloud services at stores seem more promising story. But in this case it is necessary to buy electronic versions of books (in parallel there was a thought that would be a good promotional campaign of free distribution of electronic versions of books, if you purchased the paper version) ...

mkudritsky @ 2.09.18, 20:09*
There is also the PocketBook
Who's PB be able to compete Monte Cristo 2/3?

Post has been editedVasilich - 02.09.18, 21:52

eliy @ 2.09.18, 20:30*
Judging by my signature, I did just that.

Kindle can never be bought at the price of the Russian Federation officially to 10 000r. They are from the higher price category. Moreover, I do not believe that Amazon puts Kindle price excluding "discount" for the use of their services. I think they underestimate the prices are a bit artificial, to get even part of the profits at the expense of subscriptions or use of other services / products Amazon. But this is still speculation on my part.

And MakTsentr far less serious customer as PocketBook. Result: China is doing better Soup for PocketBook, and not for MakTsentr.
why? : Blink:

In "dzhilbreyknutogo" Kindel only one drawback compared with PB - no MicroSD card slot
MK3 from there: D

Although, even for one (1) gig you can download as many books in my life that will not read :)

Posted on 09/02/2018, 22:04:

aknp @ 2.09.18, 20:59*
other reader on the market there?

Not.

: D

Posted on 09/02/2018, 22:06:

Optom @ 2.09.18, 21:17*
It would be a good promotional campaign of free distribution of electronic versions of books, if you purchased the paper version
somewhere I've seen, only for textbooks, it seems :)

Optom @ 2.09.18, 21:17*
On a subject, I have conditional dream: about 300 books to throw in the reader, to make shelves, save bookmarks and notes, collecting impressions of books, browse the shelves of reading, periodically return to the previously made bookmarks
I for myself until I do so when I have time and desire :):
Club fans to read music (Post Vasilich # 64865739)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 19/12/19, 16:25