Discussion camera HTC U12 +

Rep: (7342)
Discussion camera HTC U12 +
HTC Imagine
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Modification and decorations

Camera specifications
Camera: Dual: wide-angle 12 MP UltraPixel 4 (f / 1.75, 1.4 Вµm) + 16 MP (f / 2.6, 1.0 Вµm), ultra-fast autofocus (a combination of phase and laser autofocus), optical stabilization, HDR Boost 2, optical zoom 2x and 10x digital , 4K @ 60 fps video recording, cinematic smooth zoom, induced sound, slow-motion 1080p @ 240 fps, LED flash
Front-camera: dual, 8 MP, f / 2.0, HDR Boost, 85 degrees, Full HD video recording
Examples of photos and videos
Useful

Attention! If you want to share your examples of photos, please do it throughGoogle driveorYandex.Disk.
There the photos are not compressed, they load faster and they are much more convenient to watch, Thank you!

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 11.12.19, 00:28
Reason for editing: Two versions of gcam for u12 +

Rep: (4)
* dpol71,

What are your criteria for evaluating the quality of the video? For example, in my opinion, S6 shoots video just fine, but with a caveat, in good light: a fairly wide dynamic range, even on a sunny day, almost no areas where the picture is strongly overexposed or too dark, the mass of detail, down to the texture of the skin, good, very natural colors. Recently Stream video from a smartphone shot in resolution UHD (3840x2160) 4K TV (also the Samsung, tried on the LG, the quality is not even slows down, you see, the problem with the compatibility of video codecs), so if you do not know that it's a phone, you might think that video It makes a good video camera - even in the vicinity of everything smoothly and perfectly detailed, down to every pebble on the pavement.
But here it is necessary to become a medium coverage - as a total loss. No, the video still looks good, but there are no flowers, no much detail already appears weak digital noise ... And in the evening - it has simply obtained a complete crap, shoot something interesting to show once and immediately remove. But I think this situation to shooting video at dusk all smartphones from the same small group. Very surprised if something bad lighting conditions takes really worthy.

PolarMAN89 @ 20.11.18, 23:44*
In general, I personally for myself uniquely awarded the victory HTC U12 +

Here I am now, too, chose the shortlisted between U12 + and SGS9 + (a little torment holders Samsung in their subject - guys, if you're reading this - I'm sorry for everything, but I deliberately did not write to you where its output) and also come to a final conclusion that will take HTC. Samsungovaya camera is weak in detail and noisy. Noise ugly but monstrous squelch unscrewed, oplastmassivaya all textures. Plus crazy cheat color ... Installation GCam clearly improves pictures and get more opportunities later tighten them in Photoshop to a better result, but the iron limitations still does not get around ...
Actually, do not listen to anyone, quite a bit and understand the mechanics of the photo to see comparative pictures in this topic and related ... Detailed textures and photos in low light conditions speak for themselves better than any words.
Alas, since SGS4, I used 5 years, the camera in Samsung really has not changed :( Exactly the same problems that irritated me in SGS4 ...

>Huawei P20 Pro

I wonder how much Huawei DxOmark paid for first place in their ranking? There is even a photo of the test outright drained SGS9 +, although the words are singing the praises of ... And if we on this forum pictures users see something very sad - very noisy, terrible error of exposure ... none of them did not pull. 40piks alas nothing helped, but sorry, so wanted ... They say there is a pro-regime, which can cope with a lot, but ... Pro-regime needed in any cell for certain one-time special filming, when it is necessary to obtain the ideal zamorochitsya -Ability frame. But mostly you will shoot on the machine and it must be able to at least do not kosyachit with exposure, completely killing the light or shade ...

Rep: (64)
* PolarMAN89,

Greetings. My criteria? Most prostye- "like / dislike". Each video can be decomposed: detail, exposure, WB, dd, focus, etc. But personally, I just prof knowledge is not enough to talk about it. I therefore simply, on the look and philistine, or frowning, or enjoy. In any case, high-quality video is a collection of strengths smartphone successfully applied during shooting. I just do not think about it ...

Rep: (39)
PolarMAN89 @ 20.11.18, 23:44*
More photos like Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 (if you're interested, I can throw in the cloud), the winner choose between already MiMix3 and U12 +, it would be interesting to see the same comparison, only this time between them. Thank you for your attention to what everyone thinks about all of the above?

Also carefully compare the best smartphone camera on the subject of the future of family phone updates. Samsungi part in the photo is really behind the recent HTC and Xiaomi, a potential replacement Samsung S6 wife pick from these two brands. Based on the fact that I compared, U12 + takes slightly better than the Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mix 2S, whose hardware like Mix 3. In some situations, Xiaomei shoot better, but on average, U12 + slightly better, as more stable It gives a good result (y Xiaomei soft while damp, sometimes strong noise noticeable in the shadows and in the sky, even on day pictures). Mix 3 received from the DXO slightly higher score than the Mi 8 and Mix 2S. Perhaps due to software improvements it really takes a bit better, although versed in the photo people know that trust can not be estimated DXO, as they are often frankly exaggerated. First place P20 Pro to the most obvious example - it reprocessed images with the strongest peresharpom and perekontrastom and poor detail not even close to comparable in quality to the photos the latest flagship HTC, Xiaomi and iPhone Xs (finally and iPhone got the camera to the best of current camera phones, for the first time since the 5S / 6). Another plus U12 + before Xiaomei - noticeably better video. But worth U12 + more. In general, as for me, in terms of U12 + main camera a little better, a little better Xiaomei frontalke and cheaper.

Hello. The theme of the Samsung posted a comparison S9 + vs. the previous generation HTC U11 +. I think many here will be interesting, because comparison with U12 + including earlier in this topic, they say that in u12 + everything was just better.

Talk Samsung Galaxy Camera S9 / S9 + (Post ZmeyGor # 79361210)

If there drank for religious reasons (I hope not, not fools like), write in a personal, - perezalil here.
Maybe in a hat?

Post has been editedZmeygor - 23.11.18, 14:34

Rep: (174)
Not so long ago was at the concert, tried different modes, resulting in determined that a high-profile concerts required hi-res mode microphones are not overloaded, the sound, though slightly muffled, but voluminous and bass. 3D-audio more appropriate for acoustic and sonic zoom with an always-on amplifier - for home video.
Examples hi-res. The sound was very loud.

And here specially made a comparison between the sound 3d-audio and hi-res.

Well, the result of image and video stabilization, in my opinion, excellent.

Post has been editedRomanstein - 24.11.18, 16:18

Rep: (113)
Romanstein @ 24.11.18, 17:12*
for high-profile concerts required hi-res mode
I accept all 100.Uspel visit two weddings and a shot at the memory had to do directly from the huge speakers (I was lucky in life) .Delal record in hi-res.Zvuk bomb! And to stabilize all the chic and blesk.Eto already said my friend, Prof. videographer and editor.

Rep: (392)
Igor Pro @ 22.11.18, 15:50*
U12 + takes slightly better than the Xiaomi Mi 8 and Mix 2S

You do not say: D

Rep: (0)
Videos from your phone does not accept Adob ​​Prime. Google set the camera to the Google Rau, there bitrate settings, set high and began to take the Premier. Maybe there are other ways?

corutuv @ 10.12.18, 16:20*
Videos from your phone does not accept Adob ​​Prime.
sound settings which were selected in the camera phone? Some Soup and software do not take 3d sound

Rep: (8)
The camera here is gorgeous, no doubt - the best among smartphones.

"The sound settings which were selected in the camera phone? Some Soup and software do not take 3d sound"
I tried a different sound, but also does not accept. Apparently the matter in a variable bit rate and high compression. But third-party software solves this problem. Although Google probably not quite a third party, and related.

Colleagues, prompt, who knows how to set the camera staffing application setting file names names to put the current date + time / taymstemp? And then it just writes the serial number, it is exceedingly inconvenient ...

corutuv @ 15.12.18, 5:12*
I tried a different sound, but also does not accept. Apparently the matter in a variable bit rate and high compression. But third-party software solves this problem. Although Google probably not quite a third party, and related.
hmm..kodeki all set?

ZmeyGor @ 15.12.18, 11:38*
Colleagues, prompt, who knows how to set the camera staffing application setting file names names to put the current date + time / taymstemp?
nominally not work without ruta.Dumayu
will help

Another question than on the phone to play videos from a camera with Hi Res sound?

I installed VLC, the sound of Hi Res video earned.

Rep: (9)
chilledout @ 19.12.2018, 21:46*
can most likely when it comes to Android Pie u12. We u12 processor and sensor similar to Pixel 3 (snapdragon 845 / IMX 363), but the latter immediately went to Pie.

I very much want to believe it
Wait no options

Posted 21/12/2018, 1:37:

dianamavrik @ 19.12.2018, 21:33*
* BlackSea74,
I gave you the link to fashion for the camera, try one for you it will not do
sorry you do not want to move, and then complain, everything is produced by Search
p.s my own camera suit

Thank you a million times
I was there popereustanavlival camera, there is no sense,
One conductive until use, beautifully paints portraits, but small much more bearable 1st frame and the 2nd 3rd and so on from bad to worse, very slowly,
But draws super, even later in the Google Photos can change abruptly separates the background and makes bw and depth, and so on and so on, pictures portrait with native camera, even I can not see a disaster with no daylight,

Rep: (32)
I stumbled somewhere on the Old, allegedly firmware update removed the limit on the 6 minutes of video recording in 4K. Someone can confirm?
The FAQ on a subject on the website STC stated that the restriction caused by the protection against possible overheating. I wonder how realistic all the updates to make the device considerably "colder" - enough to remove the protective limit (especially because of overheating cases even occurred inside the limit)?

philosophical mnogobukvie
Then sounded the opinion that if you turn off the camera by overheating - a lie or a lack of ability to use (which I softened the wording). It is difficult to assume what is necessary to show this inability, if people just chop off the camera after a few minutes of work (and screenshots are appropriate). And report to, among others, stopudovo HTC fans (if not the fans), so that intentional deception also excluded.

Cool, that of the owners, who are now in a thread is actively communicate, overheating has not happened for anybody. But this does not mean that it can not be the fault of the manufacturer (marriage assemblies / components), and certainly does not mean that it could not be someone in the past.

In general, I read the topic from the first page until the end of the summer somewhere. Then he walked away and just recently returned. I read the last few pages - of course fun: D But this laughter through tears. Aggression and abuse of the blue. Guys, why are you? All his experience - someone positive, someone negative. From this it is possible to collect the whole picture. However, the sample is too small for complete statistics. But still, the more sober, calm and different experiences, the better. And here such a violent and categorical polarity shoots often, that's amazing. But there is nothing is 100% perfect and 100% awful.

At the risk of being perceived as a defender of the trolls, but still. When emotional person writes something very dissatisfied - is natural, because the mind works. He is disappointed, it is necessary to throw, to share, and it is important to do so among those who need to understand - because who does not like them, might help? And then, in response makes it clear that the only acceptable enthusiasm, and those who write about the problem, "something is wrong" - still want to write? Probably not. The second option - the person leaves in the dead of defense and begins to "yell" at him. And in the end? And the truth is that the club is fully satisfied fans, communicating with each other quietly, plus abuse with those who have not gone / not lucky with the instance. And most importantly - in the end the audience does not reflect the branches of medium-statistical picture, and the experience of the audience does not reflect the medium-statistical experience. And the novice in the subject is difficult to get the things for which people come here - the understanding that in the apparatus under discussion, which he, in the pros and cons. However, perhaps this is a wrong understanding of the destination branch? :)

In general, let's live together and communicate more tolerant: drinks::savagemessiahzine.com:

So. After a break of several months, returned to the issue of changing their old man M7 (thought to restore it in nulyachee state and wait for the U13, but it does not add anything - no recovery M7 or ripening U13: D), the choice between U11 + and U12 +. Earlier (in the summer) I came to vyodu that the disadvantages of a subject has been significantly less autonomy, significant volume of negative feedback on the buttons, plus cases of ill-fated camera overheating. If properly grasped the trend in the subject, then pulled the autonomy (although not to the level 11+, but very decent), the button also podshamanili and now with them in order. If I am mistaken - correct.

Considering all other advantages, which are on the side of dvenashki, scales firmly in his direction. But for complete peace of mind I would like to clarify the issue with overheating. Whether by coincidence that now the topic is not someone say that it happens, whether still defective batch / instances over, whether the same firmware fixed a (and then there is a chance and a 6-minute limit shoot real, if not now then in the future). What are some observations? Can someone noticed that the machine became a whole load (particularly cameras) is not so hot as to update?

It would be also interesting to hear the opinion of those who moved to the U11 + - what impressions compared (including with respect to said recentlyBlackSea74 portraits)?

Rep: (925)
fishinn @ 21.12.18, 2:00*
limit of 6 minutes of video recording at 4K

I can not confirm, I can only be refuted.
On the screenshot shows that went eight minutes record: yes:
Base 1.30 firmware 2.0.0 Viper
The phone was warm.
Summer vacation filmed on the old base and longer episodes of life - nothing happened freelance: yes:
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedovstanislav - 21.12.18, 02:38

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 12/03/20, 7:04