Bluetooth sound enhancement on headphones without aptX and LDAC | Testing compatibility of high SBC bitrates with various devices

Rep: (151)
nikasa @ 09.03.19, 13:45*
but whether it makes sense or difference with 486 tiny

He compared the 617 and 486 kbps using a sound generator. No audible differences of up to 16 kHz, barely noticeable difference in the 17-18 kHz at high amplitude values.

Rep: (394)
klop-2 @ 03/13/19, 20:07*
Bluedio T4S

They do not support Dual Channel.

* grandgreed
If you have used a sine wave, so it is incorrect to compare. All bitpool given to one narrow frequency range, so the differences are minor.

ValdikSS @ 16.03.19, 12:58*
so to compare properly.

Absolutely agree. For the test I used a few pieces of music, especially listening tests. Differences exist, but extremely small.

Rep: (63)
grandgreed @ 16.03.19, 17:29*
For the test I used a few pieces of music, especially listening tests. Differences exist, but extremely small
minor (of a percent) difference in the ear can not hear, only the instrument. There any difference still decency that even the ear can hear, or vice versa placebo that larger bitrate sounds better ...

* tedal simple, comrade carried out the test with a few "volunteers", specially confusing during the change Libov. I received the following three failed to notice the difference, one also picks up the difference with an error of selection mistakes 3 out of 10. Everyone was originally known to listen to what moment. According to the results of only one conclusion, more than 90% do not know the difference. Late personally I checked several times, but after a noisy subway. No difference.

Rep: (77)
* ValdikSS, question about supported codecs in headphones.

Withdrew log connections (between htc u11 eyes and marshall minor ii bluetooth), poured ontohttps://btcodecs.valdikss.org.ru/and found in the list aptx low latency.
the specifications of the headphones only support plain aptx.
Support marshall replied that he knew nothing about the LL in these headphones, but really want to get your site still was not mistaken))

Unfortunately, the device aptx LL is not to check just wanted to buy it (for PC and TV), but I want to first make sure (or discourage), whether to take.
log

The website gives four values:
Supported codecs:
Audio non-A2DP
Audio non-A2DP (aptX Low Latency - 44100 48000, Stereo)
Audio non-A2DP (aptX - 44100 48000, Stereo)
Audio SBC (16000 32000 44100 48000 | Mono DualChannel Stereo JointStereo | block: 4 8 12 16 | subbands: 4 8 | allocation: SNR Loudness | bitpool: 2..53)

Wireshark for "rcvd responseaccept - getcapabi" gives the same four values:
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

With the latter two all clear, but the first two in the list are not clear.
What is the chance that this is the second aptx LL, or is it a bug?

Rep: (55)
* grandgreed
I think the fact that good music headphone / bluetooth devices running on virtually no ... so assess the sound quality than people not on ...
Lossless via bluetooth for today is not reachable ... (best for today codecs uses Sony: LDAC with a bitrate of 900kb / s, but in spite of the huge bitrate is not lossless)

I was raised to 573,3 (Dual Stereo, Bitpool 49) and compared with the default 328 (Joint Stereo, Bitpool 53) on the headsetKZ ZSR, throughbluetooth adapterthe difference is palpable, and the difference is noticeable when connected to the radioAlpine CBE134BT...

lir448 @ 19.03.19, 13:36*
ValdikSS, a question about the supported codecs in headphones.

Withdrew log connections (between htc u11 eyes and marshall minor ii bluetooth), poured ontohttps://btcodecs.valdikss.org.ru/and found in the list aptx low latency.
the specifications of the headphones only support plain aptx.
Support marshall replied that he knew nothing about the LL in these headphones, but really want to get your site still was not mistaken))
your headphones? Check the chip in them, maybe they CSRA64215, he has the support of LL ...

* lir448,
0x0A 0x02 - aptX Low Latency, and 0xD7 0x02 - he too (different identifiers one codec).
Earphone support aptX Low Latency.

Rep: (48)
Hanabishi @ 10.02.19, 13:13*
KolotuNN, this is done by editing the lines in a text file, here you need to roll patches. With that in this case you have a processor Kirin, not seen to him someone was working and ready libraries do not exactly fit. It is necessary to rebuild the firmware source by rolling the patch, and it's not the simplest procedure.

And what about Exynos processor? I just do not see them in this thread mention. Why? There is a reason, but "did not reach the hands?" Should work on a Exynos patch Magisk? And in general, whether it is important what processor patch applied?

Post has been editeddE1l - 21.03.19, 14:08

Patches SBC HD now LineageOS 15.1!

* ValdikSS , my congratulations

Rep: (0)
And if we ignore all the qualities of how to make the minimum delay that shooters to play? With delays impossible ...

* Aries_ghost,
The delay creates and sending and receiving device. Of a simple way to no adjustment.

Rep: (7)
Patches SBC HD now LineageOS 15.1!

This morning, accidentally discovered the item HD Audio SBC in properties kopeeshnaya headphone BRAVIS BH19 Chinese chipCW6687. I read the topic, now I know who to thank: thank_you:

Phone - Xiaomi Redmi 4x, assembly LineageOS v15.1-20190405
During the day a little bit (2 sessions of about 40 minutes) listen to how it works on the street and in obchestvennom transport. Compared with conventional SBC it thought that was a little more often "stutter" (4-5 times for 40 minutes against 2-3 earlier). Special improve the sound quality did not notice, you will need to listen to more than diverse music, we can. on some tracks, and the difference will manifest. In addition, the need to detect, naskolko faster sadit acc headphones. In my it is very stunted, 55 mA / h, before enough hours to 3 and a half.

Post has been editedVasilyC - 08.04.19, 21:46

Rep: (303)
* VasilyC, in fact, the difference is very difficult to find, because the quality are overwhelmingly dependent on very acoustics (by many factors and the quality of the speakers to the background noise). That is, the digital transmission is clearly not the weakest link.
Plus, even if the "ideal" acoustic difference is not at all tracks and for all people. To really find a difference you need to know where and how to look for it. A people who, due to age or other reasons, have lost sensitivity to frequencies above 16K, in principle, it becomes impossible to hear it.
In short, it's more to soothe the soul aesthetes (placebo powerful thing). And especially to sit to seek a difference, too, should not be, because the mind is quite easy to persuade to hear a difference where there is none.

Post has been editedHanabishi - 08.04.19, 22:23

Rep: (7)
* Hanabishi, The "quest differences" in their day pack of dogs had eaten, leaving the house settled rather not weak stereo. Now, however, I calmed down, and "just listen to music," as it is called in okoloaudiofilskih circles.
"To my ear," trouble SBC, AptX and similar "simple" codec - a sipyaschy character that acquires encoded their music. In theory, the increase in the number of bands and bit quantization bands just have to reduce this effect.

Post has been editedVasilyC - 08.04.19, 22:55

Rep: (136)
* Hanabishi If we are talking about your home stereo with good floor-standing speakers and a good amplifier, the phone as the source of so-so, in principle, especially through BT. Good transport + DAC and wires, and wires only. So, on good acoustics with good high fidelity amp th difference how well heard.

Rep: (303)
* artiushkin
artiushkin @ 09.04.19, 10:31*
only wire
artiushkin @ 09.04.19, 10:31*
difference oh how clearly heard
The difference that what is heard when a wired connection? Here we are talking about the losses in the coding of the SBC.

Post has been editedHanabishi - 09.04.19, 10:38

Rep: (136)
* Hanabishi I’ll tell you that with a good amplifier-AS path, even when transmitting via BT, the difference will be clearly audible.
And as for the wires, I certainly moved away from the topic a bit, but I mean, if you want a good sound, it’s obviously not from the phone or via BT.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 30/04/20, 10:54