Discussion camera Xiaomi Mi 8

Rep: (90)
Discussion camera Xiaomi Mi 8
Xiaomi Mi8, dipper
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ

For those who want to compare the camera of our device with others, and to discuss this topic, there isspecial topic, and one more .
Camera specifications
The main dual with support for AI - 12MP + 12 MP (Samsung S5K3M3, f / 2.4 + Sony IMX363, f / 1.8, 4-axis image stabilization);
Frontal - 20 MP (Samsung S5K3T, f / 2.0, pixel size 0.9 Вµm) with support for AI
Useful
Comparisons
Google camera

Attention! If you want to share your examples of photos, please do it throughGoogle driveorYandex.Disk.
There the photos are not compressed, they load faster and they are much more convenient to watch, Thank you!

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 15.04.19, 18:54
Reason for editing: Launch google camera on custom rom

Rep: (46)
* Debro,
On the same way

Rep: (22)
* Pe3o,
I did not know, I will consider, thanks

In short, since the display supportsHDR10 I wondered here - how do I shoot HDR video at all? I asked here in different branches - there was no answer, I myself used to learn materiel. In the end, everything is simple. Maybe someone will be useful, maybe interesting. Maybe someone will add something.
In general, the simplest is to readreference informationat the veryYouTube . The required minimum is already there. Now the question is software.

• The right camera app on the phone. I tried all sorts of things - my own, and snap cameras and others. But the metadata was not the same. As a result, ran intoUltracoderwhere arch-simple settings that allow you to record HEVC / H.265 video modeMain 10 HDR10 .
    Ultracoder
    Attached Image

• Software for PC. The help tells you about 3 ways (there are others, but there you need to go even deeper) to convert the captured video into the desired format with correctly embedded metadata. WITHDaVinci Resolve I did not understand, using the software offered by YouTube through the command line, too. As a result, deflate Adobe Premiere Pro portabl and it went.

Well, actually the conversion itself. We load our video into Premier (via import), add it to the project and can be immediately exported. In the settings, you must select one of the supported codecs for YouTube - H.264. Why did he, when I wrote about 265 in the beginning? And xs, 265 takes up less space with the same quality, plus it could initially record with greater depth.
All parameters can be left as the source file, the only thing is to change the encoding parameters. We select the High 10 profile, below we tick the Rec 2020 Primary Colors and High Dynamic Range. We press at the bottom of the export and wait.
Adobe PremierePro
Attached Image

The resulting file can now be safely uploaded to YouTube. If everything is correct, the video will be displayed with the HDR prefix.
YouTube
Attached Image

Post has been editedDebro - 16.08.18, 11:55
Reason for editing: Spoilers

Debro @ 08/15/18, 22:46*
Put the firmware from the worlds - they added 1080 120fps (not slow) in the stock camera.

Xiaomi.eu 8.8.9 also has 1080p120fps video recording
When you throw out on YouTube, in the quality settings it writes 1080p60

Rep: (29)
* Debro,
I found hdr videos on youtube, I was glad that it was not marketing (Chinese promises), but indeed our display supports hdr video. But I did not notice the difference with the usual video (at the same time I launched this video on the phone and the monitor).

* stasikanutyu,
Everything depends on the commercials. Some just show the difference in contrast, colors and brightness. Some so-so.

Rep: (11)
Hello! Friends, are there any former owners of iPhone X or iPhone 8 Plus, well, maybe someone has these devices and mi8 on their hands? Interested in stabilization in video, precisely when recording Full HD? Strong sags in comparison with an apple? And how to remove small objects? A very critical moment for me! Thank you in advance!

Rep: (29)
* allformax,
Compared with the 7th Athos, and yes, the difference is very noticeable how much better things are in terms of video.

Rep: (50)
But here is the difference with the usual video did not notice

It is also necessary that the sensor and libraries with the camera application transmit these parameters. The application can record, but here the system can give 8 bits.

What does Media Info show? What is the color depth? 4.2.2?

Rep: (4)
* golovinvv , and how to activate ap2?

* artemrrr,
It is already activated, even in the globalka. At least in my globalka was turned on right away

Rep: (69)
* allformax, My friend's iPhone 8, compared the record. I liked the Mi 8 more.

* Debro And where to see whether it is activated or not?

* Debro And where to see whether it is activated or not?

Download and run -//savagemessiahzine.com/forum/…%F1%F2%E8+v2.1_Eng.apk
If all the checkboxes are green, then everything is ok

Post has been editedDebro - 16.08.18, 13:52

Rep: (107)
* Debro This is not that

Posted 08/16/2018 at 14:24 pm:

* artemrrr It is not activated, it should be like this:
Attached Image

And check this programhttps: //play.google.co…rbeat.device.inspector

Rep: (0)
* dako75 , And how to activate?

* dako75, not necessary. I have RN3P, NitrogenOs 8.1 camera2api activated, GCam works very cool, and I write Full
So try the camera for this device.

Rep: (50)
EvganS @ 08/16/18, 14:43*
NitrogenOs 8.1

You have a custom firmware, they are almost always activated, in contrast to the drain.

* Akrobs, Well, so I write Full and not Level 3, so ...

* dako75 , So it is with me. It turns out that with the new firmware everything is activated?

Posted 08/16/2018 at 15:29:

* artemrrr And how does level3 differ from full? Sorry for the stupid questions)

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/09/19 13:04