Discussion camera Xiaomi Mi 8

Rep: (90)
Discussion camera Xiaomi Mi 8
Xiaomi Mi8, dipper
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ

For those who want to compare the camera of our device with others, and to discuss this topic, there isspecial topic, and one more .
Camera specifications
The main dual with support for AI - 12MP + 12 MP (Samsung S5K3M3, f / 2.4 + Sony IMX363, f / 1.8, 4-axis image stabilization);
Frontal - 20 MP (Samsung S5K3T, f / 2.0, pixel size 0.9 Вµm) with support for AI
Useful
Comparisons
Google camera

Answers to the most asked questions, as well as instructions
Google Camera Port

Attention! If you want to share your examples of photos, please do it throughGoogle driveorYandex.Disk.
There the photos are not compressed, they load faster and they are much more convenient to watch, Thank you!

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 15.04.19, 18:54
Reason for editing: Launch google camera on custom rom

Some information about the camera on the firmware MIUI Global 9.5 (OEARUFA):
- No stable GCam was found, in the coming days I will try to test a couple more versions released under OnePlus 6.
- to disable face retouching in the “Portrait” mode on the main camera so far it is not possible that I am terribly enraged, I hate these smoothed faces, men look altogether incomprehensible to what.
- to use the "Studio Lighting" feature, you need to take a picture in portrait mode, switch to this photo in bulk, and in the upper right corner there will be an aperture icon, there you can study all these pieces.
My review of the camera: I switched to Mi 8 from Google Pixel, I like the quality of the pictures, but in poor light conditions Mi 8 has more noise, however, if you take pictures using manual settings, the camera is beyond praise, but I'm still waiting for GCam , because it will win in detail in all conditions, it is possible that in some photos it will win by DD.
Very pleased with the double zoom - one of the chips, which I am very pleased. You can pick up interesting angles and experiment in general.
I will attach a couple of examples of my photos below, all without processing, the AI ​​is always ON.
Just a photo:
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Photo 2x zoom
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Several portraits:
Attached Image

Attached Image

Exposure for 8s, manual mode.
Attached Image

Rep: (2)
Guys, if you have mi5 and mi8 on your hands, please make a comparison of the photo in low light and at night.

Rep: (11)
Did. In low light, my mi8 sucks, although it is a terrible day at night, although at night it’s super tidy as for me ... but I sin on the firmware. Global stable can only roll in Sun. Therefore, the final verdict is not ready yet.

Rep: (42)
https://youtu.be/olWF0BXZpHs?t=342
Here the camera compares in the video, from 5 and 8

Rep: (7)
Guys, if you have mi5 and mi8 on your hands, please make a comparison of the photo in low light and at night.

I am more interested in the comparison with the A2, both are new, but for some reason there are no such comparisons.

Well, about mi5, bought 3-3.5 years ago, he bent it. He was presented that 2.5 years ago somewhere.

Rep: (46)
Nobody found workers of a glock block yet?

* Pe3o, As I understand it, you first need an activated camera2api.

Rep: (29)
* lexatsch
Tell me the settings in the camera what are they worth? But then I have a much worse photo quality on miui 10 eu. The settings are as follows:
P.S. Especially the photo of the cat with 2x zoom pleases the quality, it does not work for me.

here right now I'll upload examples of my settings
Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedstasikanutyu - 15.08.18, 06:04

Rep: (3)
* Pe3o ,
I found it, put it on mi8, everything seems to work, but I do not observe much of a difference with stock

Rep: (3)
* Pe3o ,
https: //www.celsoazeve...amera_5.3.015.Test.apk

Rep: (0)
* SMAL83 , mi ui10, gkkom crashes with an error>_<

Rep: (22)
Are there any applications for shooting video in HDR? So that later and YouTube defined as hdr?

Rep: (23)
Hello! I want to deal with shooting video on mi8. In the standard application, there is a choice of only 30 and 120 frames per second, 120 is cool, good detail and smoothness do not have autofocus! Only tap on the screen, and this is not the case, in 30 fps mode - autofocus works perfectly, I like it, but there are not enough frames to slow down a bit of the picture. Optimally it would be 60 FPS to have autofocus. There are options?

Rep: (4)
* SMAL83 Here is a list of cameras. The very first link on which the camera is working
https: //www.celsoazeve...ra/dev-serjo87/#apk293

* stasikanutyu , everything is the same as yours, only my sharpness is also average

* artemrrr,
It starts running, but it does not allow you to do it. Fota - freezes, turn on the video - crashes

Rep: (4)
* Debro , look at other apk files. Some should come up

* artemrrr,
Absolutely everyone behaves the same way - even if versions 1-3 allow you to flick, then you just have to close the camera - that's all, further errors when starting.

Rep: (7)
My fourth in the list is working, Xiaomi.eu 8.8.9 firmware, there are no errors about restarting

Post has been editednet_worm - 15.08.18, 11:43

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/01/19 08:06