Acer Swift 3 - Discussion | [notebook]

Rep: (11)
Acer Swift 3 - Discussion

Acer SWIFT 3 (SF314-52 -558F), Acer SWIFT 3 (SF314-52-71A6), Acer SWIFT 3 (SF314-52-57BV), Acer SWIFT 3 (SF314-52-36AZ), Acer SWIFT 3 (SF314-52-39JT)
Acer SWIFT 3 (SF314-52G -5406), Acer SWIFT 3 (SF314-52G-88KZ), Acer SWIFT 3 (SF314-52G-89YH), Acer SWIFT 3 (SF314-52G-87DE)

Attached Image

Description
Medium-sized ultrabook in an aluminum case, with a fingerprint scanner and an affordable price.
Specifications
There are about 60 different modifications of Acer Swift 3 on the Russian market. A description and specifications of all available models can be found on the website.ACER

Technical characteristics of ACER Swift 3 SF314-52G-59Y1 -NX.GQUER.002

Operating System - Linux®
The processor is an Intel® Core ™ i5-8250U 1.6 GHz; 4-core
Memory - LPDDR3 8 GB
Data Storage - 256 GB SSD
Screen - 14 "Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Technology
Graphics - NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150 2 GB GDDR5
Communications - 802.11ac Wireless Network
Audio and Video - 2 x Microphone, 2 x Speaker
Ports and connectors - 2x USB 3.0, 1x USB 2.0, HDMI Output
Input Devices - Touchpad Backlit Keyboard
Battery - 4-section 3220 mAh Li-Polymer
Dimensions (W x D x H) - 338 mm x 234 mm x 17.95 mm
Weight (approximately) - 1,80 kg
Additional Information
1. Operational memory is soldered on the board, installation of additional modules is not provided.
2. GEFORCE MX150 video cards have different performance, the investigation is on GTX-Force.RU
3.Video ultrabook disassembly without discrete graphics YouTube
4. Review and disassembly ultrabook with MX150 YouTube - NOTIC
5. Review, Disassemble and Measure Noise with MX150 YouTube - NOTIC
6. Detailed text review from GECID.com
Useful

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 01.05.19, 19:25
Reason for editing: a cable for connecting a hard disk for Acer Swift 3 SF315-52G models

Rep: (0)
Guys, I bought swift 3 (i5 8250u, mx150, ssd), put Windows 10prof, and what igruhu I will not launch - absolutely everyone lags (all the wood is). The test seems to be normal in furmark. What could be the problem?

Rep: (7)
bin0001 @ 11/22/18 23:53*
Men, installed Win10 LTSB and lost the sound. People solve the problem as follows:
https://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=17:55396
but do not want to put the Home version. No one came across?

I still had to install Win10 Home sound works fine, but the laptop does not see the connected headphones - it always plays through the speakers. Does everyone have it?

Rep: (4)
bin0001 @ 11.25.18, 15:07*
But the laptop does not see the connected headphones - it always plays through the speakers. Does everyone have it?

No, I'm fine. But there are branded wood for sound. So if you haven’t yet installed it, you can install it from the Acer site

* BeeOwGeeDeeAyN,

And you can’t tell your driver version?

I have now: Realtek High Definition Audio (SST)

bin0001 @ 11.25.18, 20:08*
I have now: Realtek High Definition Audio (SST)

I have Realtek High Definition Audio (SST)

I checked the program Driver Easy - I already have an update to 6.0.1.8569, I will update it myself.

Post has been editedBeeOwGeeDeeAyN - 25.11.18, 20:18

Next question. Some acer from acer thought up to turn off the keyboard backlight after 60 seconds. So what is it for then, this backlight, if, when you need to see the desired key, it no longer glows. Is this time being set up somewhere?

Post has been editedbin0001 - 25.11.18, 20:49

bin0001 @ 11.25.18, 20:44*
Is this time being set up somewhere?

This is either wired in BIOS, then theoretically you can fix / change (by modifying the firmware) - or in hardware ...

Post has been editedBeeOwGeeDeeAyN - 25.11.18, 22:29

Rep: (1)
I decided to plug in Linux today, I had to reach the place where I had to choose a screw, and here I waited for the ambush, the SSD does not show, only the HDD, and I don’t have any reason to put it on it, this is pipets and not a laptop, I already I decided if after installing the line everything will be fine I will spit on the warranty, I will disassemble and pull out the HDD, but now I do not know what to do

* Aus seversk
And what kind of SSD drive should it show? The one that Intel Optane? So it’s not like an SSD like a disk in the usual sense, it’s not like you can put anything on it. It is purely service to work in conjunction with conventional disks.

* BeeOwGeeDeeAyN,

Well, I mean the one that has 128 gigs and the Windows is on it, and I thought that it can be installed on it, I bought the SSD for 240 gigs now, I’ll open it instead of the HDD that is constantly spinning, I already have it, and I don’t guarantee wait do not understand, think if instead of hdd put ssd it will not be confused?

Post has been editedAus seversk - 28.11.18, 00:07

* Aus seversk
What is your laptop model exactly sf314-54?

So I unsubscribe, the SF315-51G-572S model didn’t take a lot of time to open, I was afraid that it would be hard to detach the bottom, everything went fine, but the screw itself is a little harder to pull out, the fact is that there is a very flimsy plume there, It overpowered, well, now it's a completely different thing, it began to load in a couple of seconds: yes2: and the sound of the spinning disk is no longer there, it works much faster
general view without a cover, on the left side you can see the disk, on the second photo there is a loop

Attached Image

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedAus seversk - 28.11.18, 02:10

I installed Linux Mint, but you really can only install it on the second screw, now you have both Windows and lin, you can choose what you want when you start, well, now it’s quite another thing

Rep: (719)
Aus Seversk @ 11/28/18, 02:24*
installed linux mint

Does the microphone on skype work? Does recording from the microphone work?
If you give a command in the terminal -
$ arecord -l
What does it show?
How are you if you read this article and check?
https://losst.ru/zapis-s-mikrofona-v-linux

P.S. I just have sf314-54 (more details in the status) and the microphone does not work, I do not know how you have it and what iron is determined in Mint.
This is me:
Attached Image

Zander42 @ 11/28/18, 14:49*
Does the microphone on skype work? Does recording from the microphone work?

I ran the Live version of Linux (mint, netrunner, fedora, ubuntu) - the built-in microphone does not work.

In Windows it works and is displayed as Microphone Array (Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST)).

Rep: (719)
* BeeOwGeeDeeAyN,
Well, in principle, I have already spoken about the problem with the microphone here.Acer Swift 3 - Discussion (Post zander42 # 79247971)
There by the way there is a solution with installing Linux on SSD M2.
Just wanted to see a terminal screen with the $ arecord -l command
See what will show.
If I’ve tried Linux versions, I’ve also tried distros with new kernel versions 4.18 - 4.19, I’ve tried a lot more, it’s alsohttps://forum.ubuntu.ru/index.php?topic=291539.0
But nothing....

Post has been editedzander42 - 28.11.18, 18:40

now ubuntu mate is, absolutely no problems, everything works on Skype, shows it in the terminal like this **** CAPTURE devices list ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC255 Analog [ALC255 Analog]
Gadgets: 1/1
Item 0: subdevice # 0

The only thing Carlsn does is spin a little faster, the temperature is from 37 to 44 without loads, it starts up to 54 when the browser starts up, it wasn’t like that in Windows, in any case by the sound of the propeller

Post has been editedAus seversk - 28.11.18, 19:06

Here is the screen where the microphone gain increased and the indicator shows that it works and reacts to the noise around
Attached Image

Rep: (0)
**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC256 Analog [ALC256 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice # 0: subdevice # 0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 2: ALC256 Alt Analog [ALC256 Alt Analog]
Subdevices: 2/2
Subdevice # 0: subdevice # 0
Subdevice # 1: subdevice # 1

Linux Fedora28 with all the latest updates. Skype is not, but in Audacity recording from the microphone could not be achieved.
In the KDE settings in the recording devices, only one device is shown - Analog input.

I had to go back to windows, I launched a torrent to download a browser and a couple of tabs and my acer rose from the propeller’s power over the table, it’s a pity, but if it’s always warming up, it’s not going to last for long or not, I’ll when ssd installed it deleted this rapid, as I understand it is needed when working with HDD or?

Post has been editedAus seversk - 28.11.18, 21:21

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/28/19, 04:30