ViKa Mobile - VK client for J2ME / Symbian / Bada

Rep: (79)
ViKa Mobile - VK client for J2ME / Symbian / Bada / BlackBerry / Android
Version: build 102

Last update of the program / game in the header:21.07.2019

Attached Image

Description:
ViKa Mobile is an application for J2ME / Symbian / Bada / Blackberry platforms that allows you to comfortably use the social network VKontakte on obsolete devices.
Also works on Windows Mobile and Android (launch instructions below).

Symbian screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Windows Mobile Screenshots
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Screenshots from Bada
Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image
Attached ImageAttached Image

Android screenshots (old)
Attached Image

Screenshots from S40 (Nokia C3-00)
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

Screenshots from S40 (Sony Ericsson)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Vic at SiStore
Attached Image
Attached Image

Description
ViKa Mobile is an application for J2ME / Symbian / Bada / Blackberry platforms that allows you to comfortably use the social network VKontakte on obsolete devices.

Here is what she now knows:
- automatic login with saving login / password;
- View information about your profile and the profile of friends;
- Friend list;
- A list of your audio recordings with the ability to search and download;
- a list of your videos with the ability to search and download in 240p / 360p / 480p format;
- music of friends;
- music recommendations;
- dialogs with automatic updating of messages and the ability to view attachments in a separate window;
- a list of your documents with search and download;
- listening and sending voice messages;
- ribbon (in the widget);
- Sound notifications and the number of unread messages (in the widget).

It is planned:

- a list of your photos and photos of friends;
- own wall and the wall of friends;

- your suggestions?

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: - Does not enter the application, immediately flies?

A: - Write the phone number with an eight and no plus, the password should contain only lowercase Latin letters and numbers. Cyrillic, capital letters and punctuation marks are not allowed!

Q: - Still does not go!

A: - If you are using the Pro version and you have NOT Symbian>= 9.3, or not S40 after 2008, it will not come to you, use the Lite version of ViKi. On Symbian 9.3, you need to additionally install the Networking_improvements.sis package and update the root certificates, only update certificates on 9.4.

Q: - All that I have done above (a). But the application says that there is no network or just silent / crashes!

A: - Check the network connection and network settings. If the standard browser (NOT OPERA MINI !!!!) does not open the sites, then get an Internet profile from your mobile operator and set it as default (std.set).

Q: - The application does not remember the password?

A: - If asterisks are lit in the lower field, immediately press "input", without entering additional data anywhere.

Q: - The list of dialogs is not loaded, crashes!

A: - There should be at least 10 dialogs on your account, get them somehow.

Q: - The application has an idiotic design!

A: - Well, excuse me, this is a beta version, now the emphasis is on eliminating bugs, not beauty.

The only sure way to run an application on Android (4.0+)
If you downloaded the emulator from the market, then it is incompatible with the application, a working build is available here.
Link
And before installing ViKi, you need to set the utf-8 encoding in the emulator settings, the device "NokiaN8-01 / S60" and the screen resolution 360x640
Otherwise, Russian letters will be displayed with question marks.

Known problems and their solutions through the eyes of one of the users

IMPORTANT! For music and video to work, they must be at least 10.

Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/vikusyamobile/

Developer page on VKontakte:Ilya Vysotsky(topic author)
Vkontakte community:https://vk.com/mobilevika
Our website:Site

The group with the latest updates (earlier than the forum): Link
You can ask questions about the work of the program both here in the forum and in the conversation, but in the conversation you will be answered immediately.
Talk of testers

Download from the forum:

Starting from build 95, there is no longer a separation between the Pro and Lite versions, now ViKa Mobile adapts itself depending on the phone model, system version, the straightforwardness of the user who installed the patch and updated the root certificates, or did not do it, and the presence / absence of blocking access to In contact with! ViCa automatically selects the type of connection (direct via https or via a trusted proxy via http).

Build 102

If something is not working / not included - immediately write to the developer in VK! Constantly online.

New versions fly through the air from the old.

Post has been editedComputershik - 12.08.19, 00:16
Reason for editing: new site

Yes, here some bad people in VK wrote to the founders of the store for Symbian SiStore and the Symbian Zone, so everywhere they believed their bullshit. If anything, I can also show the source code, in VK in a personal email

* Zekkan *
* oleg543,
* Hamfry omega,
Can anyone write to the administration of the Symbian Zone group? They wanted the client to be checked, but they say that they don’t take into account anyone’s opinion. Incidentally, because of them, I am losing the audience of the largest community on the Symbian OS. Also, my application is temporarily not distributed in the SiStore store. Please write to its founder, (vk.com/tienda_sistore), then they will have no doubt

Rep: (3)
* Computershik . Drop the link to their group so that I immediately go where I need to and write to them.

* Hamfry omega,
link.

* Computershik . Is this exactly that band? They talk about games and phones.

Hamfry Omega @ 09/28/18, 14:37*
Is this exactly that band? They talk about games and phones.

Yes, this is a group about smartphones on the Symbian OS (their characteristics, rare applications and games including). Except as there, almost anywhere else there are no Symbian users anywhere. In general, discussing third-party resources is prohibited here, as it were.

Post has been editedComputershik - 28.09.18, 14:40

* Computershik . Okay, thanks for the link. I will write to them.

Rep: (8)
* Computershik , I do not have Vkontakte.

* Zekkan
I turned to everyone who has the opportunity :)

* Computershik clear

Rep: (13)
Good day to all! Some already know me as a member of the SIStore team! But in this same topic, I am present as a third party who does not protect anyone's interests.

The essence of this post is that there were seemingly independent from each other people who too emotionally claimed that ViKa was stealing user data. Since I don’t give a damn about users, I temporarily blocked downloading ViKa via SIStore until the circumstances were clarified:

Attached Image

Meanwhile, the source code of ViKa was analyzed by several programmers who did not find any suspicious elements in it. Moreover, no direct evidence was provided by those who accused ViKa of stealing passwords. Therefore, given the fact that those people are most likely haters of ViKa, and also due to the lack of direct evidence, it was decided to consider this incident as having exhausted itself and to reanimate the good word about ViKa:

Attached Image

For those who still can’t calm down and consider the opposite, I propose to publicly provide __ direct evidence __ on this topic, namely:
1) fragment (s) of the "stealing" code.
2) the file (s) and the version of ViKa in which they were found.
3) the method and disassembler by which they can be identified.
4) explanations to the code of what and how “steals” (for all those who do not know Java)

Without fragments of code, as well as in the absence of normal logic in the above paragraphs (for example, copying the code of some calculator from GitHub C ++ and stupidly claiming that it sends passwords to the server), all negative comments will be perceived as spam from haters, and ViKa's reputation will not be taken into account.

No need to arrange an adder! Learn to respect each other and other people's work !!!

Assembly 51. Added the ability to save audio recordings from a search to your music list. The krakozyabra suddenly appeared in the 50th assembly instead of the Cyrillic letters in the song names.
Screenshot from Nokia N8
Attached Image

The client as a whole is nothing, but the developer really communicates with everyone who is at least trying to say something to him, even in the case of cattle, and there was a case with the auto-exit mentioned above, and not only him. He should really be somehow more adequate to be, in which case the client will have at least some positive prospects. So far, even this to myself.

Rep: (1538)
* dimonn-gage How can one compare a person’s character and program?

Rep: (-3)
Good program, respect to the author. I use on different mobile phones: D

Rep: (0)
I use the application from its first curved versions. Then the developer talked warmly and willingly reacted to the ideas for the project. Now, nothing has changed: the developer also communicates warmly (with me anyway) and eagerly responds to ideas, listens to them and tips (made sure personally). As for the application itself - it has changed in a positive direction. With each version, it begins to delight more and more. There are jambs, but their Developer corrects and completes, which cannot but rejoice. The good news is that many users can use it, because a large audience. Perhaps one of the best apps for Symbian in 2018 (and not only). The application is gorgeous and will be even better over time.

Rep: (5)
oo .. symbianzones and noted here: lol:
In about the same tone as in this topic, this humanoid creature ("moderator") communicates with users in its community. I wonder how some people can tolerate such an attitude towards themselves, or watch their fingers as they scoff at someone else's opinion. The conflict between the developers of the subject and the store because of the envy and indefatigable ambition of adm. this community. IMHO!
Thank you for the wiki: thank_you:

Post has been editedTigrakhaud - 30.09.18, 06:29

Rep: (593)
M
DirkDagger, stop clogging the topic!
Verbal warning.

Rep: (148)
Hello everyone, I'm passing by. That’s real, I passed by.
I’ve been watching your mess for several days. Suppose I am a potential user of this program, read the topic to get acquainted with the problems of chtoli. And watch this srach. Now put yourself in my place. Would you be pleased to use the program and related topic? Mench, for example, has no desire after what he sees. There is also a feeling that there are no rules here - everyone writes what he pleases, a complete offtopic, and the most annoying thing is that the author himself maintains such a state. 5% of useful information in the topic (this is the header) no more.

Draw your own conclusions.

Ed. - The program is useful, but what is HERE ...

Post has been editedgrenchevskiyd - 01.10.18, 20:51

Grenchevskiyd @ 10/01/2018, 20:49*
Ed. - The program is useful, but what is HERE ...

I am not the curator of my own topic and cannot maintain order here, and the moderator appears very rarely. But fludilshchiki often.

P.S. There was a flood, but it has already been rubbed.

Post has been editedComputershik - 01.10.18, 21:29

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/14/19, 20:52