Dell G3 / G5 / G7 - Buying and Accessories | [notebook]

Rep: (11)
DELL G3 / G5 / G7 - Purchase and Accessories � Discussion �
notebook | Windows | 15.6 "| Intel® Core ™ i5-8300H, Intel® Core ™ i7-8750H, Intel® Core ™ i9-8950HK | 8GB, 16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Max Q 6GB

Specifications
Features may contain various combinations of the following:

CPU:
8th Generation Intel® Core ™ i5-8300H Processor,
8th Generation Intel® Core ™ i7-8750H Processor,
8th Generation Intel® Core ™ i9-8950HK Processor in G7 only.

Hard disk and SSD:
1 TB hard drive, 5,400 rpm,
256 GB solid state drive,
Configuration with two drives: 128 GB solid-state drive and 1 TB hard drive (5,400 rpm),
Configuration with two drives: a 256 GB solid-state drive and a 1 TB hard drive (5,400 rpm),
Configuration with two drives: a solid-state drive with a capacity of 512 GB and a hard disk with a capacity of 1 TB (5,400 rpm) only in G5.

Graphics adapter:
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 with 4 GB GDDR5 video memory,
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti with 4 GB GDDR5 video memory,
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060, developed using NVIDIA® Max Q design technology, with 6GB GDDR5 video memory.

Display:
Full HD (1920 x 1080) display with support for IPS technology, anti-reflective coating and LED backlighting,
Ultra HD resolution display (3840 x 2160) with IPS technology support, anti-reflective coating and LED backlight.

RAM:
8GB, 1x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz,
16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz.

Ports and connectors:
1x HDMI 2.0
3x SuperSpeed ​​USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A including 1 with PowerShare
1x Thunderbolt â„¢ 3 Port (USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C â„¢ with support for 40 Gbps Thunderbolt and DisplayPort)
1x Noble lock slot
1x 2-in-1 SD (UHS50) / MMC, RJ-45
1x Headphone / Mic

additional information
Body:
Built-in widescreen webcam with HD resolution (720p) and bi-directional digital microphone,
Body color: G5 matte black or bright red, G7 black or alpine white,
Full-size waterproof keyboard with red on the G5 and blue on the G7 backlight and a number keypad.

Dimensions:
Height 24.95 mm (0.98 ") x width 389 mm (15.32") x depth 274.7 mm (10.82 "),
G5 weight: 2.61 kg,
Weight: G7 2.63 kg.

Audio system:
2 tuned speakers with Waves MaxxAudio® Pro sound processing,
1 combo stereo headphone or microphone jack.

Wireless connection:
802.11ac + Bluetooth 5.0 dual band wireless adapter, dual band 2.4 & 5 GHz, MU-MIMO / 160Mhz, 2x2.

Nutrition:
4-cell battery (built-in) capacity of 56 Wh.

Accessories
Backpack for DELL G5, G7 (tested and approved by the author of the topic, is available for sale in Russia)
https://www.dell.com/e...60-bcbr/carrying-cases

Laptop stand (tested and approved by the author of the topic, is available for sale in Russia)
http://orico-russia.ru/orico-na15-sv

Post has been editedDVAnfimov - 17.01.19, 14:45

Rep: (202)
CapricornTV @ 01/12/19, 18:18*
Pickup Moscow

In Moscow, no matter where to buy, if possible, check BEFORE payment. Anyway, the ASCs are near normal. And so the usual garbage.

Rep: (13)
Sw-777 @ 12.01.19, 19:11*
check BEFORE payment

But it’s bad luck, all the shops that I looked at are everywhere paid first then inspected and when the jambs are issued a refund. Even the same citylink does this if I'm not mistaken.

Rep: (0)
I’m selling G5 15 7305. Maybe someone needs it, though, most of them are already owners of this device. Almost new, used about 1.5 months, now no longer needed, switched to MacOS. Samara city. Configuration: i5-8300H, GTX 1050 4GB, 1TB hybrid drive with 8GB cache, 8GB RAM. 52к₽. A little bargaining upon inspection.

CapricornTV @ 01/12/19, 20:58*
But it’s bad luck, all the shops that I looked at are everywhere paid first then inspected and when the jambs are issued a refund. Even the same citylink does this if I'm not mistaken.

Well, in the CSN they give me a check before payment, but there the price tag is always higher. I took it there.

Rep: (2)
Hello forum users, I have been tormented with a choice for a week now, I want to take with i5 8300h and gtx1050. So it will be decided I can’t take G3 or G5, where will there be better cooling? Where is the screen brighter? And what are the differences in them other than design? Or take the Legion y530, more like it but a little more expensive, again with cooling it is unclear and the brightness screen is not enough. We in Tyumen cost 58,000 each. Leonov Legion 60.

Rep: (13)
Sw-777 @ 01/14/19, 18:18*
Well, in the CSN they give me a check before payment, but there the price tag is always higher. I took it there.

Now in dns was not this model. As a result, I bought it in a citylink, I was given a look at it before the purchase, but they were not allowed to turn it on, as a result, everything was fine, I checked it at home - the laptop did not turn on from the factory, everything was safe, I was satisfied with the display.

I bought DELL G5 in December, version 7381 (i5 + 1060) for 74 thousand rubles., Citylink. In the "installment plan", which paid off the next day (the store for the amount of the overpayment (11t.rub) makes a discount to the bank). Total, with early repayment, it cost me63 with a small thousand, which I think is very good for this configuration. Therefore, if there is cash on hand, do not rush to give it right away.

There are disadvantages and advantages, of course, but overall I am satisfied with the laptop. I do not regret it.
Choose between Legion Y530 and ASUS TUF FX504GE.
If someone chooses, gash two small videos about the pros and cons. Perhaps it will be useful to you. : thank_you:

Pros Dell G5

Cons Dell G5

Post has been editedPapageek - 04.02.19, 14:11

PapaGeek @ 02/04/19, 14:10*
do not rush to give them away immediately.

Citylink has not had installment plans for a long time, and for all midi prices are inadequate.

Now the remnants of the G5 are on sale and they will come for $ 200 more expensive G5 SE from 75-77k (according to the first data from the trade) for the minimum with 8300 + 1050Ti and without TB3.0. But with a much more convenient housing for ports and power and narrower screen frames. But all the same cant of power - lack of power supply at 130W for 1050Ti and killing the battery in games when working from power supply. How much they will cost and whether they will sell G5 SE variants with good IPS at 60Hz (declared in specs) and with 144Hz IPS in the Russian Federation is not known, obviously even more. Well, wait for the option with 4k OLED until the summer, although it is unlikely to be delivered to the Russian Federation, just like the G7 did not deliver the old one.

* Sw-777,
Is it possible to buy a 180 power supply separately?
those. I understand correctly that with constant power from the mains the battery does not die?

I just remember earlier on my old cars, if you did not let the battery run down, but kept it on the network all the time, after 4-6 months the battery would die.

PapaGeek @ 02/05/19, 06:50*
power supply 180 really buy separately?
Call Dell for availability with their partners. BP chipovye strangers do not fit.

those. Do I understand correctly that with constant power from the mains the battery will not die? I just remember earlier on my old machines, if you did not let the battery run out and keep it on the network all the time, after 4-6 months the battery would die.
MSI 100-95-100 - 10 years plowed, holds more than an hour. 9 cells.

The battery in games with 1050Ti in the G series starts to run out under a heavy load, because the PSU is of inadequate power.

Who knows where to buy a 180-watt power supply? I would be grateful for the links (to Chinese fakes, no need to give links)

Well x: blush: ot send a photo of the Native power supply to 180 ...

* Alien,
https://items.s1.citilink.ru/1065407_d06_b.jpg
https://static.nix.ru/.../361215_2311_draft.jpg
Is it so hard to google?

Rep: (3)
I ordered a power adapter connector adapter on the corner on Ali:
https://en.aliexpress.com/item/JCD-DC-7-4-x-5-0-1-7-4-8/32952366582.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.4f515e53YvWSwv

Came in a month. The connector "mother" is shallow, the factory pin "father" is included in it 2/3 of the length. But the main thing is that after the reboot, the BIOS cursed at the wrong charge.

But the main thing is that after the reboot, the BIOS cursed at the wrong charge.
I, too, but then stuck it tightly and earned. While it seems ok, although the design is certainly flimsy. Yet Dell morons do not make an angular compact plug like the others ...

I took it at a different store for more expensive, there were no such problems.

I bought the ORICO NA15-SV cooling pad, approved in the header by the author of the topic.
The subjective opinion is complete crap, firstly, the perforated part of its width is substantially narrower than the width of the laptop, and it will not work to put the stand fans in front of the laptop fans. Secondly, the most important thing is hellishly noisy, there are no speed controllers, I thought about this unfortunately after receiving it. At the same time I use the Zalman ZM-NC1500 stand, which is already 10 years old, also has 2 fans, and even at the maximum value of the speed controller it is quieter than the aforementioned ORICO NA15.
Unless if you throw out the fans and use it just as a stand, but for the money you can find something else.

Rep: (5)
Why are all these coasters better than two wine corks placed under a laptop? economical, practical, loft ...
unless on their knees

Rep: (11)
ShimoN19 @ 03/29/19, 15:38*
Why are all these coasters better than two wine corks placed under a laptop? economical, practical, loft ...
unless on their knees

Probably nothing. But when buying a laptop for 80k, put it on corks from wine, and argue this with savings ... something is not right in this approach. Specifically, I really like the stand from the cap (beautiful and comfortable), and during its use I was not disappointed at all, there is only one caveat - I did not cling to the fans because the laptop doesn’t get very hot after replacing the thermal paste.

Rep: (10)
Offers a laptop - Dell G5 5587 (GTX 1050Ti 4gb, i7 8750H, SSD + HDD, RAM 8gb.
Perfect condition, red, price $ 820.

A laptop is searched for under - office, video editing, games.
It is worth taking and, if it is worthwhile, what and how to check, besides the built-in tests for F11 and external inspection?

Post has been editedFierys - 30.03.19, 17:51

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/13/19, 20:42