> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Xiaomi MiPad 4 - Discussion | Tablet, 8 "
Are you happy with your mi pad 4?
Are you happy with your mi pad 4?
Yes, pleased. [ 1454 ] ** [82,15%]
No, not satisfied, but there are no more options. [ 214 ] ** [12,09%]
No, not happy. I will sell / sell. [ 102 ] ** [5,76%]
Total votes: 1770

Rep: (840)
DiscussionXiaomi MiPad 4
PictureXiaomi MiPad 4, miPad4, clover
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Discussion MiPad 4 Plus пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Firmware пїЅ | Unofficial firmware пїЅ | Bootloader unlocking пїЅ | Modifications and decorations пїЅ |
MIUI: Configure Notifications пїЅ | Modifications and decorations пїЅ | Mi Account пїЅ | Xiaomi club пїЅ

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
Specifications
  • dimensions: 200.2 * 120.3 * 7.9 mm;
  • display: 8 ", IPS, 1920x1200 pixels (16:10), contrast 1200: 1;
  • processor: Snapdragon 660 (14 nm process technology) with an Adreno 512 video accelerator;
  • RAM: 3/4 GB;
  • built-in storage: 32/64 GB;
  • main camera: 13 (OV13855, f / 2.0) MP;
  • front camera: 5 (Samsung S5K5E8, f / 2.0) MP;
  • battery: 6,000 mAh;
  • Connectivity: Bluetooth 5, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, USB Type-C,
  • weight: 340 g;
  • Support for microSD memory cards up to 256 GB;
  • gyroscope,
  • monochrome indicator light (white)
  • OTG support,
  • GPS + Glonass, 4G LTE (only for LTE version)
Not supported:
Additional photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Reviews
Useful
Poll results
Which mi pad4 you purchased?
Attached Image

More about the result
History change caps
06/25/18 - Official presentation of the device, the creation of a theme.
06/28/18 - Added clarifications about the LTE version and new photos.
06/30/18 - link added to Photos and Videos shot on mi Pad 4, video review
07/01/18 - link to off. news on the forum MIUI.com, clarification about the lack of support for voice calls.
07/02/18 - Information about global firmware is not.
07/05/18 - link added to the navigatortopic of purchase, adjustmentabout support for memory cards with all versions
07/08/18 - Video Reviews - Anton Grigoriev, mi Pad 4 - A definite improvement
07/16/18 - about Russification through MoreLocale2
07/24/18 - the beginning of sales of the LTE version and about registration for the presentation
07/26/18 - + Useful: Installing Google services (GApps), Section mi Pad 4 on the official forum en.miui.com (eng). Links to the bootloader unlock and Xiaomi club added to the header navigator
07/28/18 - Added a firmware theme to the navigator
08.08.18 - Clarification about the lack of support for 2G, 3G.
08/23/18 - + Useful: Text review from itc.ua. Detailed screen test., Video comparison screens miPad 4 and miPad 2
08.28.18 - Link added to the navigatorXiaomi MiPad 4 - Unofficial firmware
08/30/18 - A link to the Mi Pad 4 Plus discussion has been added to the navigator.
09/09/18 - Useful: Check for viruses multilanguage MIUI from the seller for viruses!
09/10/18 - Useful: Review
09/12/18 - Characteristics are supplemented with data about the gyroscope, the indicator and the absence of vibration.
09/18/18 - specifications are supplemented with information about the lack of support for outputting "video over wire".
09/21/18 - Installing Themes on the tablet.
09/24/18 - Useful: SIM cards with "telephone" tariffs work on the device.
09/29/18 - Results of the poll "What mi Pad 4 did you purchase?". New poll "Are you satisfied with your mi Pad 4?"
10/07/18 - A link to the Mi-account is added to the rubricator.
11/03/18 - Features: Fast Charging - Not Supported.
11/13/18 - Useful: Launch engineering menu, hardware test
11/26/18 - Useful: Shortcut for Topics
11/29/18 - Features: + OTG support, unsupported highlighted in a separate list.
12/06/18 - Reviews are highlighted in a separate spoiler, + Alexey Ignatiev Video Review, Useful + Switch the tablet to Russian (on the official firmware with a locked bootloader)
12/16/18 - Instructions for correcting the Russian font in the Chinese version of MIUI
03/13/19 - Modifications and decorations are added to the rubricator
04/01/19 - Useful: Everything about widgets in miPad 4
04/17/19 - Modifications and decorations mi Pad4
05/11/19 - Useful + Solution with nezagruzkoy from google play and other files with an Access Point
For questions about filling caps, please contact QMS to the curator of the topic - Fidelich, indicating in the topic "Mi Pad 4 Talk"

Post has been editedFidelich - 05.11.19, 10:17
Reason for editing: See the header change history

Rep: (358)
Allan Quatermain @ 27.06.18, 15:32*
The operator Megafon in a few years could not help
How can I help you? It just does not use the 20th gangs aggregation, so it 4g + in my mi6 always is, if the appropriate level of the signal, in principle.

Posted on 27/06/2018, 16:49:

maggot666x @ 27.06.18, 15:42*
WMS in mipade dialer will cut. and then 20kA poidee and Nenad?
on the contrary, to voice channels it has nothing to do with

Posted on 27/06/2018, 16:51:

avsh7 @ 27.06.18, 15:55*
Actually the LTE, mainly used to transfer data
always only for data transmission, and the invented for volte, analog protocol skype, where the voice is digitized by a codec type, and is transmitted as a voice message or similar in votsape instant messengers, i.e. on Internet channels. If lost internet (4g), the conversation is not interrupted due to the buffer technology, and spread to the voice 3g / 2g / gsm channel with the loss of sound quality, of course. Since volte it is encoded in HD quality. If two speaking voice is chereh volte, the sound quality is much better, there's croaking and stuttering.

Post has been editedlexxm6 - 27.06.18, 17:00

Rep: (69)
lexxm6 @ 27.06.18, 16:41*
not 4g +, the rest will be. 20y bands used for aggregation 4g frequencies (multiple streams of different frequencies of 4g, increasing the channel capacity), and this by itself 4g will not disappear if the catches at least one frequency and then will catch. For megaphone 20th gangs is not necessary, in principle, it combines 4g frequency without it.

I have a phone in your profile, it is also no band20, I live in GMT, 20 km from MKAD (North) (Sims megaphone / Beeline), 4g catches well, when I go to the country more stable catches 25km from my house, and then intermittently.

Rep: (20)
lexxm6 @ 27.06.18, 16:41*
not 4g +, the rest will be. 20y bands used for aggregation 4g frequencies (multiple streams of different frequencies of 4g, increasing the channel capacity), and this by itself 4g will not disappear if the catches at least one frequency and then will catch. For megaphone 20th gangs is not necessary, in principle, it combines 4g frequency without it.

Not certainly in that way.
1. band20 - is 800 mhz, ie, the most long-range frequency of the LTE are used in our country (band31 450 mhz does not count, since to support this frequency need special equipment), but the direct consequence - reduced network capacity at this frequency. band20 actively used in the sparsely populated areas (read - out of cities) and cities as an additional frequency (for aggregation, yes). Outside the city any other band can not just finish at the desired distance. And the operator is simply not cost-effective to put the tower often due to low population density.
2. Yes, band20 used for aggregation, but it's not the only frequency that can be used and is used for aggregation. It is highly dependent on the operator, and region.

Well, yes, it is only about LTE. It is clear that in some places on the globe there are no networks in addition to 2G, and probably never will be. Unfortunately, LTE for long range up to 2G far.

Post has been editedFixed - 27.06.18, 20:36

Rep: (840)
lexxm6 @ 27.06.18, 22:51*
The operator - I wrote. Can you enlighten on the region?
It is very detailed in what regions the network b20 (yes, there are not many) runand usually in addition to b20 in the region have b3 / b7 network

Rep: (70)
It seems to me? Or a large black border on the screen? On white mud matter much. On the black should be better
https://youtu.be/_D6TWGp0JLg

And I understand that we have a very simple model without lte - still has the support of the SD card
Attached Image

Post has been editedmaggot666x - 28.06.18, 09:15

Rep: (0)
Waiting globalku and ustakanivanie prices and buy unique: P

Rep: (0)
What is the Overmind liked the format of 4: 3, when almost half of the screen when viewing videos eaten black frame? For what really kills all the usability and puts an end to the use of the same ipad 10.5 (still in it finished off a 3-hour fruitless attempt to merge it movies for viewing offline). 4: 3 - in the furnace.
ZY for books have electronic reading room or kraynyak landscape mode.

Rep: (8)
* bosskatyah I tgchno just can say about your super-intelligence watch movies on the tablet. I see on the trip, but an elementary view sites, documents, and other pleasant in 4: 3 format.

Rep: (17)
Viewed today plates, like the price and his work so far only on english. 135,831 test antutu
Here is a photo taken on the tablet
Attached Image

Attached Image

Video shot on the E Pad

other photos taken on my phone, I'm sorry for that quality is the same test antutu
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editedxalupa - 30.06.18, 08:40
Reason for editing: adding photo gallery

Rep: (17)
AZArT1984 @ 30.06.2018, 09:40*
In which shop? Which version? Google Play is?

I saw only mi story, shop in Guangzhou province

Rep: (38)
By the way, that he had with the sound? Probably, no HD.

Speakers at the bottom or at the end of one speaker? If there are two, the location of only one side - is clearly not good for the stereo.

I found a recent review on the Yu-Tube - black Mipad-4, in English, in good quality, turning on all sides.

Based on the video, there are two speakers on the bottom and a microphone between them. In the junior model overview 32/3 - seen when the tablet and include a tab there About device (2:14). If so, it is strange that obzorschik mentions slot Sims (00:33).

Post has been editedKot-e-fark - 30.06.18, 13:55

Rep: (92)
If the performance of the new mi pad'a equals productivity mi note third I see no alternatives in this price category. That's all. Cheaper - MTC-slag. I even 3 thousand for nouneym sorry if he will die when you try to run something heavier notes. And the battery would be desirable not to have 2-3 hours of screen. Expensive ... what Samsung? It does not inspire a long time. Ipad? IMHO player with another arena that the axis of that price. Especially that the production line stopped the mini and 9.7 '.. not for everyone, not always and not everywhere convenient. For 5 years of ownership iPads (air, then pro 9.7) namuchalas I take a backpack specifically for the tablet, because everything else I have breaks in the hip pockets of the bag in the summer and winter. Now cut a piece of paper with the above sizes - I dare to suggest that reading (yes, I read on tablets, e-linkovskie books I did not go, read uncomfortable way up to headache) and play (which is garbage type 3 in a row that an emulator that gonochki and other tanks) should be comfortable enough for the video I can not tell, but I do not think that the tablet with a fairly productive processor released in the calculation solely on the news and movies. Yet the movie look better than on a handheld device, especially at home on the couch)
What aspect ratio ... This vkusovschina IMHO. My laptop 16: 9, the majority of movies and TV shows just cut off the top and bottom. I came here from the topic in E MAX3 - sausage 18: 9 annoying me a lot more, not see the point in this regard canine.
I would like to see globalku and custom bikes (classical miui actively eats RAM, than even miui pro, so for the "classics" in my way of using 4GB of RAM is not enough, but that's besides vkusovschina), and if you still will be able to set windsurfing - all will cool. Nenuacho design sleek, pocket-sized, but do not need a magnifying glass to search the price promise delicious ... why not?

In general, I now sit and wait for the first full-fledged shopping and Russian-language reviews and comments with you)

Rep: (2)
Question about the performance. Everywhere write lte lte frequencies ... and so on. And if he will work with the 3g? 2g? Or only at frequencies lte?

Rep: (323)
The two speakers on the bottom - it's complete idiocy, even stereo implemented using quiet auditory dynamics as in Max 2, S9 +, much better than such an option, for the good of this positioning of the speakers in a horizontal position 0, and the vertical stereo in FIG unnecessary . Still upset that set the 660, not 710, it would be better for 100 bucks more expensive, but with the modern of SoC, although the performance is now quite 660, but 710 is more energy efficient and with a margin would be enough for demanding games for another few years. If Max 3 will come with a 660/710, Pad will not take, Max screen size is more or less sufficient for all (surf course is not as convenient, just like a tablet, but tolerable), but at a similar price, I'll get a better camera, autonomy, normal (hopefully) the location of the stereo speakers, convenient carrying and making calls. The compromise in the form of PHABLET suits me much more than the option to carry with you at the same time smart, tablet and camera - in your pocket / bag should be one universal handheld device, and not a bunch of highly specialized electronics course panacea for all the inconvenience - it is bendable screens and the ability to install multiple operating systems, but it is quite normal and will go PHABLET. Issued to at least someone tablet with 7.5 "16: 9 screen (frame size 17.5x10 cm), the narrow limits, productive of SoC, capacious battery, the earpiece and a good camera - so it would be really versatile machine, and so what is now, everything is somewhere around, but the ideal is still far away, the closest to the ideal of his time slumped Asus Zenfone 3 Ultra, all of it was great, and the screen and camera performance and autonomy were at, but he had a huge frame from above and below, the same incorrect stereo, problems with software / hardware and too . M overpriced more versatile and interesting device at the moment does not go, I was hoping that the Pad 4 will be 16: 9 screen with a narrow scope, the normal camera (even with flash) and a horizontal stereo, but that did not work out cause special delight - another dull compromise on Max 3 too much hope not, if you come with a 660/710 as a temporary option will come, if it does not have to take the Pad 4, I hope at least Huawei Mate Pro 20 will worth the unit, there are more options..

Post has been editedLaicus - 01.07.18, 11:01

maggot666x @ 1.07.18, 3:37*
bylab rather sad ...
why? Iron is normal, what everyone wants to let him and then puts, is not it? ..
lexxm6 @ 1.07.18, 8:08*
Those. with 4GB of RAM - typically 2 freely with 6GB - 3.

Mi note 3 6/128, globalka 9.1.4 - for all indoor applications freely 2.9-3.2gb, miui pro 9.1.4 - under the same conditions freely 3.6-3.8and 3.2 for free 40ka hanging in memory of a variety of applications - nothing slows
lexxm6 @ 1.07.18, 8:08*
An'ichi, just a magnifying glass to read the inscriptions and a sharp stylus to hit a button to buy;)

That everything is so bad? Husband dreams of pocket tablet on Windows for malodeneg for a couple of some programs. Is 8 'with Windows so sad?

Rep: (2)
4GB of RAM b 64GB storage streamed on torque can be regarded as a minimum requirement for the tablet. I am considering several options: Lenovo Tab 4 Plus 8704x 64GB, Huawei Mediapad M5 8 and as a result of price and color choice was the novelty of Xiaomi.

Laicus @ 1.07.18, 10:48*
Issued to at least someone tablet with 7.5 "16: 9 screen (frame size 17.5x10 cm), the narrow limits, productive of SoC, capacious battery, the earpiece and a good camera - so it would be really universal device

Uh-huh, "give me all this for $ 160 and the device supports my 10 years"

Laicus @ 1.07.18, 10:48*
and too overpriced.

If and out "perfect PHABLET" - it is overpriced and it will be. Because individual design (no monobrovi with narrow frames, unfashionable nowadays aspect ratio, etc.) costs money. Capacious and compact battery, too. Camera, stylus, cool glass, high-quality screen, good communication module, so damn everything, even the module nfc - cost money. Plus licked software - how many Samsung pays it to the developers .. plus advertising, for if such Hemorrhoids in production to sell 2000 models and rely on word of mouth stremnovato?. So in this case, the price of a new or aypont gnusmas may well seem ... quite acceptable.and to b / u market will change this PHABLET on good foreign cars with mileage, uh huh

Rep: (323)
Moran @ 01/07/18, 11:37*
If and out "perfect PHABLET" - it is overpriced and it will be.

Well, I'm waiting Mate Pro 20 at an inflated price, because I see him five minutes to the ideal (if only not of Kirin, 18: 9 screen with PWM and not the most capacious on battery), but for now I will settle for Pad 4 or 3 Max.

Rep: (70)
* Moranna ,
Moran @ 01/07/18 11:24 *
why? Iron is normal, what everyone wants to let him and then puts, is not it? ..

Iron is something normal, but Windows itself to such iron "not normal". Even in the sweat type processors 835-845 it works very sad. Worse than a thread chahlenkom Celeron

Moran @ 01/07/18 11:24*
Is 8 'with Windows so sad?

IMHO - It is not for everybody. I "Transformers" on Windows to 11.6 inches ... vseravno without a mouse has the "pleasure"

* maggot666x , Thanks, apparently, I need to ask more closely the features of tablets on Windows)

But I'm still a subject of competitors in terms of price-filling will not see among vedroidov. The main thing that the software was put in order, as well as on the phones, and that really would be a shame

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 26/11/19, 12:18