> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Xiaomi MiPad 4 - Discussion | Tablet, 8 "
Are you happy with your mi pad 4?
Are you happy with your mi pad 4?
Yes, pleased. [ 1116 ] ** [82,36%]
No, not satisfied, but there are no more options. [ 158 ] ** [11,66%]
No, not happy. I will sell / sell. [ 81 ] ** [5,98%]
Total votes: 1355

Rep: (802)
DiscussionXiaomi MiPad 4
PictureXiaomi MiPad 4, miPad4, clover
Description | Discussion » | Discussion MiPad 4 Plus » | Purchase » | Accessories » | Firmware » | Unofficial firmware » | Bootloader unlocking » | Modifications and decorations » |
MIUI: Configure Notifications » | Modifications and decorations » | Mi Account » | Xiaomi club »

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
Specifications
  • dimensions: 200.2 * 120.3 * 7.9 mm;
  • display: 8 ", IPS, 1920x1200 pixels (16:10), contrast 1200: 1;
  • processor: Snapdragon 660 (14 nm process technology) with an Adreno 512 video accelerator;
  • RAM: 3/4 GB;
  • built-in storage: 32/64 GB;
  • main camera: 13 (OV13855, f / 2.0) MP;
  • front camera: 5 (Samsung S5K5E8, f / 2.0) MP;
  • battery: 6,000 mAh;
  • Connectivity: Bluetooth 5, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, USB Type-C,
  • weight: 340 g;
  • Support for microSD memory cards up to 256 GB;
  • gyroscope,
  • monochrome indicator light (white)
  • OTG support,
  • GPS + Glonass, 4G LTE (only for LTE version)
Not supported:
Additional photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Reviews
Useful
Poll results
Which mi pad4 you purchased?
Attached Image

More about the result
History change caps
06/25/18 - Official presentation of the device, the creation of a theme.
06/28/18 - Added clarifications about the LTE version and new photos.
06/30/18 - link added to Photos and Videos shot on mi Pad 4, video review
07/01/18 - link to off. news on the forum MIUI.com, clarification about the lack of support for voice calls.
07/02/18 - Information about global firmware is not.
07/05/18 - link added to the navigatortopic of purchase, adjustmentabout support for memory cards with all versions
07/08/18 - Video Reviews - Anton Grigoriev, mi Pad 4 - A definite improvement
07/16/18 - about Russification through MoreLocale2
07/24/18 - the beginning of sales of the LTE version and about registration for the presentation
07/26/18 - + Useful: Installing Google services (GApps), Section mi Pad 4 on the official forum en.miui.com (eng). Links to the bootloader unlock and Xiaomi club added to the header navigator
07/28/18 - Added a firmware theme to the navigator
08.08.18 - Clarification about the lack of support for 2G, 3G.
08/23/18 - + Useful: Text review from itc.ua. Detailed screen test., Video comparison screens miPad 4 and miPad 2
08.28.18 - Link added to the navigatorXiaomi MiPad 4 - Unofficial firmware
08/30/18 - A link to the Mi Pad 4 Plus discussion has been added to the navigator.
09/09/18 - Useful: Check for viruses multilanguage MIUI from the seller for viruses!
09/10/18 - Useful: Review
09/12/18 - Characteristics are supplemented with data about the gyroscope, the indicator and the absence of vibration.
09/18/18 - specifications are supplemented with information about the lack of support for outputting "video over wire".
09/21/18 - Installing Themes on the tablet.
09/24/18 - Useful: SIM cards with "telephone" tariffs work on the device.
09/29/18 - Results of the poll "What mi Pad 4 did you purchase?". New poll "Are you satisfied with your mi Pad 4?"
10/07/18 - A link to the Mi-account is added to the rubricator.
11/03/18 - Features: Fast Charging - Not Supported.
11/13/18 - Useful: Launch engineering menu, hardware test
11/26/18 - Useful: Shortcut for Topics
11/29/18 - Features: + OTG support, unsupported highlighted in a separate list.
12/06/18 - Reviews are highlighted in a separate spoiler, + Alexey Ignatiev Video Review, Useful + Switch the tablet to Russian (on the official firmware with a locked bootloader)
12/16/18 - Instructions for correcting the Russian font in the Chinese version of MIUI
03/13/19 - Modifications and decorations are added to the rubricator
04/01/19 - Useful: Everything about widgets in miPad 4
04/17/19 - Modifications and decorations mi Pad4
For questions about filling caps, please contact QMS to the curator of the topic - Fidelich, indicating in the topic "Mi Pad 4 Talk"

Post has been editedFidelich - 03.05.19, 12:59
Reason for editing: See the header change history

Rep: (12)
Hello to fans of tablets from xiaomi, I'm from the next branch because I have that legendary MiPad 1 on the game, heard the news that in 5 days they will present a new MiPad 4, who is waiting? Who is going to change? What do you think ? I can not wait for mipad 4

Rep: (46)
If the price comes true, 660 Snap, 4 GB of RAM and will be 4g, then nadabrat.

Rep: (20)
* k2kot ,
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro and Mi Pad 4 officially presented
We already found out that version 3/32 is even .. the weight is rather big, compared to the M5 8.4, although the batarka has 6000 max moves versus 5100. The pixel density and screen parameters certainly do not hit, but for such a price .. But there is a moment, gps looks like There is only in the lte version, well, there is no slot for a flash drive.

Post has been editedSser888 - 25.06.18, 08:47

Rep: (65)
* homo_liber Where do you find these irrelevant button accordions?

* lexxm6 By the way, these are the sizes they write - 200.2 x 120.3 x 7.9 mm.
Do mipad3, if you believe the cap - Dimensions: 19.90 x 13.20 x 0.80 cm

Here you can see that lete + wifihttps://www.mi.com/mipad4/specs/so that the rules. Even in the lt version of the gps there is

It also supports micro-sd. Wi-Fi option - it is not clear

Post has been editedmaggot666x - 25.06.18, 15:22

Rep: (20)
* lexxm6 ,
The lte version has, of course, inside wi-fi, and in the load also gps. But in the simple version with wi-fi there is neither lte nor gps.

Rep: (187)
The fourth version turns out almost the same as the third. Yes, now there is an LTE module and a slightly larger battery. But the screen diagonal has changed. Strangely enough, but on the 3rd it is more convenient for me personally (at first it was unusual).
Is it worth changing the previous tablet to this ...? As for me, it is "awl on soap."

Rep: (8)
Spoiled the tablet. Read and surf on 4: 3 ratio at times more convenient.
Who is going to sell 3 mipad buy.

Post has been editedRuggi - 25.06.18, 19:50
Reason for editing: Orff

Rep: (350)
Spoiled the tablet. Read and surf on 4: 3 ratio at times more convenient.
Well, this is your personal opinion, why throw accusations? For me it makes no difference. Understand that in electronics everything changes very dynamically. This is the same as saying - they spoiled the girls, they wear trousers, half boxes, tattoos: D

Post has been editedlexxm6 - 26.06.18, 07:51

* Ruggi , at 16:10 more standards. If only it was 16: 9

Who corrects the cap correcting that gps only in version lte.
And there is support for micro-sd. The truth is not clear on all versions or only

Zy judging by the office. page - in 3 days baryzhit start?

Post has been editedmaggot666x - 26.06.18, 08:09

Rep: (222)
Oh, sorry, not 4: 3. We'll probably have to wait for the new iPad mini (which will never be released already): ’(

Post has been editedhant21 - 26.06.18, 09:08

* k2kot with office the announcement ... just like that few people mention for some reason
Attached Image

Here here incidentally in the description of the processor and memory is written one hundred to 256 GB card is supportedhttps://www.mi.com/mipad4/specs/
Attached Image

Post has been editedmaggot666x - 26.06.18, 09:30

Rep: (16)
maggot666x @ 06.26.18, 08:05*
16:10 more rules. If only it was 16: 9

not normal ...
Surfing the Internet is unbearably inconvenient, even the official YouTube app is a mockery at 16x10.

I bought an Android 16x10 tablet to replace the ipad mini, but to this day I often use the ipad more often - because of the convenience of the form factor.

For a tablet, the book format is still perfect - 3x4.

p.s. I waited for mipad 4 3x4, 16x10 - and I don’t need it for nothing ...

Lexxm6 @ 06.26.18, 12:06*
Well, when the difference of the side of 10% is critical, then yes, look for another

even the difference between 16x9 and 16x10 is critical for me - this is just 11% (arm yourself with a calculator and count)
In any case, only for this reason, I buy monitors for PC 16x10, the latter was 8000r more expensive.
And I'm not the only one - otherwise the 16x10 monitors would simply not be released ...

But as for the tablet - which needs to be held in the hands in different orientations, the difference in the aspect ratio between 4x3 and 16x10 is already 20%.
And these 20% completely kill the usability of the tablet.

A tablet is not a book - it must be convenient, both in terms of holding it with hands, and in terms of perceiving information - in both screen orientations.

It is a pity that xiaomi chased after the thinning of the screen - to the detriment of convenience.
It would be better to have replaced snap 660 with snap 626 ...

Post has been editedo_nix - 26.06.18, 15:44

Rep: (75)
Or I do not understand something, or Xiaomi tablets 1-2-3 versions had a constant downgrade.
At the 1st percent of K1, on the 2nd was the X5 (also not bad), and at the third one there was some kind of downscale MTK with no graphics.
Snapdragon 660 after it should be like a breath of fresh air, but nevertheless, the K1's gaming performance is still higher (it turns out the first MiPad 4 years ago is the most productive of the entire series of tablets).
LOL! What? Some kind of weird marketing line Xiaomi (although ... here recently came out Redmi 6 on P22, and this is after Redmi 5 on Snap 450 .. another downgrade .. why they do not understand this)

Volo11 @ 06.26.18, 14:44*
But as for the tablet - which needs to be held in the hands in different orientations, the difference in the aspect ratio between 4x3 and 16x10 is already 20%.

What is another 20%? What are you talking about?
4: 3 more in width, but less in height.
16:10, respectively, more in height, but already in width.
The total working area is almost the same.

Post has been editedAlexandrro - 26.06.18, 18:36

Rep: (541)
as usual - if there is a Chinese friend from China - you can
I just thought that you can also order on the office. As with aliexpress, with home delivery;)
But sadly apparently not: (

Alexandrro @ 06.26.18, 16:00*
What is another 20%? What are you talking about?

About the aspect ratio of the screen!

16/10 = 1.6
4/3 = 1.33

1.6/1.3 = 1.2

those difference is 20%

The area by the way is also not at all the same, count on a calculator, or at least use an online calculator
https://planetcalc.ru/1890/

Post has been editedo_nix - 26.06.18, 16:23

O_nix @ 06.26.18, 16:14*
About the ratio of the screen!
16/10 = 1.6
4/3 = 1.33
1.6/1.3 = 1.2
those difference is 20%

About the aspect ratio? Strong! I do not understand this figure, I'm sorry.

Lexxm6 @ 06.26.18, 16:19*
About the aspect ratio? Strong! I do not understand this figure, I'm sorry.

we can only guess how you distinguish a square from a rectangle, without measuring with a ruler))
As for the ratio of the ratio - it is proportions and imagine even the attractiveness of women you rate on this parameter, despite the fact that you do not know anything about it.

The theme of MiPad 4 and I, as a potential buyer, are disappointed that xiaomi gave up. Earlier, MiPad was compared to ipad mini ...
Today Xiaomi for the sake of low price, released essentially competitor lenovo tab 3 plus ...
What has the long been occupied niche ...

Post has been editedo_nix - 26.06.18, 16:40

O_nix @ 06.26.18, 16:39*
I, as a potential buyer, is disappointed that xiaomi has surrendered
already marginalized by your frustration. Once again - this is your personal opinion and we already learned it two pages ago! I like the form factor, but as in real life, we will wait and see.

Post has been editedlexxm6 - 26.06.18, 17:09

Rep: (12)
O_nix @ 06/26/2018, 15:39*
we can only guess how you distinguish a square from a rectangle, without measuring with a ruler))
As for the ratio of the ratio - it is proportions and imagine even the attractiveness of women you rate on this parameter, despite the fact that you do not know anything about it.

The theme of MiPad 4 and I, as a potential buyer, are disappointed that xiaomi gave up. Earlier, MiPad was compared to ipad mini ...
Today Xiaomi for the sake of low price, released essentially competitor lenovo tab 3 plus ...
What has the long been occupied niche ...

Keep us informed, I think that xiaomi will now come to its senses and release another 1 tablet specifically for you, and it is not easier not to go into the tablet branch if you are not going to buy it and it does not suit you? Or you sit in each branch and cry oh bought but I would not buy?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/17/19, 19:59