[Pebble] Moscow Time | Stylish dial in Russian.

Rep: (230)
Moscow Time
Version: 1.4

Last update of the program in the header:04.03.2019

Attached Image

Additional screenshots
Pebble time
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Pebble Time Round
Pebble and Pebble 2

Short description:
Stylish and multifunctional dial for all models "Pebble" in Russian, withsmoothed outscalable fonts, and support for Yandex.Maps geolocation service.

Detailed description:
Detailed description
Stylish and multi-functional dial, for all models of watches "Pebble", made specifically for Russia. The world's only dial for Pebble, withsmoothed outScalable _ Cyrillic_ fonts. Initially, a clone of the popular paid dial "Business Time", but for free, in Russian, and with the support of Yandex.Maps.

Specifications:

- Only Russian language.
- Is free.
- Weather conditions - temperature and icon (OpenWeatherMap, APIXU, Forecast.io, Weather Underground, AccuWeather).
- Geolocation - usually the name of the area (Yandex.Maps, OpenStreetMap, Google Maps).
- Fitness - number of steps, distance traveled, calories burned, pulse.
- Date, time, day of the week.
- Bluetooth status and battery percentage.
- Optionally, vibration when Bluetooth connection is lost, and vibration every hour.
- Scalablesmoothedfonts (on color screens).
- Fully customizable colors (on color screens).
- Two fonts to choose from (on monochrome screens).
- Built-in settings page (works without the Internet, and never disappears).
- And other.

Why did I make a new dial for Pebble in 2018? Yes, and a week before the closure of official Pebble services? Three reasons. First, Pebble has been gone for 2 years, but their watches are still the BEST! The second - I really liked the development environment for Pebble, everything is very convenient and thought out to the smallest detail, huge opportunities. The third - because I did not find a single perfectly looking dial for Pebble Time in Russian. I really like how the dial "Business Time" looks (design -Paul joel, Paul Joel, programming -Grégoire sage, Gregory Sage). Their dial is good for everyone, except for one - there is no native language. It’s not that I had any difficulties with English, it’s just that my native language is much more pleasant. The author of "Business Time" Grigory Sage refused to translate his dial into Russian, so I decided to make my dial exactly the same, but in Russian. It turned out to be quite non-trivial to make the dial with the Cyrillic alphabet (due to the presence of which the fonts became 2 times heavier and took up almost all the application resources), it took a lot of optimization to get the dial into memory. In addition, I screwed on the support of AccuWeather, Yandex.Maps, Google Maps - this is not found in any other dial. By the way, I painted all the icons for the dial myself, because I did not find weather icons on the entire Internet that were optimized for such a small size in which they are shown on the dial). And finally, on the settings page, there are probably all the popular settings available in other good dials. The result was a high-quality and beautiful dial. Good mood to you all!

A couple of "secrets":
- If there is a light on the weather icon (sun or moon), then it changes exactly at that moment when dawn or sunset occurs.
- Weather and location are updated at those times when the number of hours and minutes is a multiple of the update interval. For example, if the update interval is 15 minutes, then updates will occur when the clock shows: 00,: 15,: 30,: 45 minutes.
- If the weather display was turned OFF ("cross" instead of weather), then it has not been updated for 3 hours in a row. This can happen if the Bluetooth connection was disconnected 3 hours ago, or the Internet was disconnected from the phone.
- If you turn off GPS in your phone, the weather will still be updated using the latest known coordinates.

Platform: Pebble
Screen: Rectangular, Round
Russian interface: Yes
Developer: sla80x
App Store Page:

Forfirst pebble :

ForPebble time :

ForPebble Time Round :

ForPebble 2 :

* The Rebble.io store is still not completed, there is still no possibility to update applications. And it is not known when it will appear (to meKaterina Barryreplied that "some day" - someday).Therefore, I recommend installing the dial from a file by downloading it from the link below:

Download: version 1.4 Attached filemoscow_time_v1_4.zip (216.69 KB)

Version History
Version 1.4 (04.03.2019):
- The weather works out of the box again (for this, the built-in API key for the OpenWeatherMap has been added).
- Added new APIXU weather service, instead of the failed Yahoo! Weather.
- Added Gotham font for classic Pebble and Pebble 2 (the same as on Pebble with color screen).
- Added ability to invert colors on classic Pebble and Pebble 2.
- Optimization of memory consumption for Pebble Time and Pebble Time Round.
- Fixed: Incorrect appearance of the settings page for classic Pebble and Pebble 2.

Version 1.3 (13.07.2018):
- Added the ability to not use a GPS receiver, specifying fixed coordinates in the settings.
- Added the ability to specify arbitrary text in the widget в„–1.
- GPS request timeout has been increased from 15 seconds to 45 seconds.
- In case of unsuccessful requests for GPS coordinates (for example, if "Geodata Transfer" is turned off in the phone), the weather continues to be updated using the latest known coordinates.
- Optimization of battery consumption on the first Pebble and Pebble 2.

Version 1.2 (05.07.2018):
- The dial became available on Pebble and Pebble 2!
- Added ability to display heart rate (Pebble 2 + HR).
- Fixed: Too long names are avoided for location text for better readability.

Version 1.1 (25.06.2018):
- A link to the homepage of the watch face has been added to the settings.savagemessiahzine.com(so that everyone can find this dial after the official store closes).

Version 1.0 (24.06.2018):
- First edition

Past versions
version 1.3 Attached filemoscow_time_v1_3.zip (204.96 KB)

version 1.2 Attached filemoscow_time_v1_2.zip (197.55 KB)

version 1.1 Attached filemoscow_time_v1_1.zip (163.43 KB)

Post has been editedSLA8 - 23.04.19, 02:00

Rep: (1)
Which watch and what services I use wrote above. Yesterday I have 1 time determined the location and, accordingly, the weather. After a couple of hours in the open. No additional action. In general, it is not yet clear.

Rep: (474)
* tolz , I have this when I disconnect the phone on the phone.
Weather source - Yahu, without a key

Posted on 07/11/2018, 11:21:

Right now I checked ...
I turned on the zhps, after a minute I see the weather and location on the clock.

P.S. - pbl2

Post has been editedAlexxxl - 11.07.18, 11:22

Rep: (26)
Alexxxl @ 07/11/18, 11:20*
P.S. - pbl2

Maybe because of this, you have 2 pebl? I have the first one.

Rep: (59)
* tolz
Everything works for me on the classics, Yahoo! weather service, location - Yandex. Naturally, the room sometimes does not work, the smartphone can not receive GPS data from satellites. Also, as noted above, the battery on the watch is not weak, but the author promised to fix it.

* magl62 By the way, yes, there is a zhor

* tolz judging by the photo, the watch never received any data from the phone. Because the time of dawn and sunset - 3:00 is zeros (January 1, 1970 0:00:00 UTC = 3:00:00 Moscow time). Do other dials show you the weather? Perhaps the Pebble application on the phone needs some kind of permission?

On the phone, to get weather and location, the Pebble app launches JavaScript. Maybe you have some kind of JavaScript blocker installed on your phone, or JavaScript is turned off in Chrome (Settings / Site Settings / JavaScript)?

Also, try re-connecting the clock in the "Pebble" application (menu / Manage Pebble / click on the "Tap to disconnect" button and the Disconnect button. And then tap on the watch plate to reconnect).

Post has been editedSLA8 - 11.07.18, 14:22

SLA8 @ 07/11/18, 13:50*
judging by the photo, the watch never once received any data from the phone.

Yes, it’s as if on the street about an hour later they were updated.

Post has been editedtolz - 11.07.18, 15:25

* tolz , * sava1 , * vaaddy , now everything is clear, your "Location Reporting" is configured in such a way that GPS coordinates are obtained very slowly (the dial expects them for no more than 45 seconds). In order not to wait an hour, at any time, you can “force” the phone to get GPS coordinates by running some application on the phone that uses them (Yandex.Maps, Google Maps, 2GIS, etc.) and wait until it shows the correct location. But do not do it all the time. Therefore, there are 2 options:

A) Set the phone so that it receives GPS coordinates "by all sources"- he will receive them almost instantly. I recommend this option because your exact location will be shown with it, and the weather will be provided for the place where you are.

B) Wait for the new version of the dial (in a couple of days), in which it will be possible to set the coordinates manually (so that they are never requested on the phone). But there is such a minus - only the weather will be updated, and only by the coordinates that are entered, and the location will never be updated. But for that, in widget No. 1 it will be possible to write arbitrary text instead of location.

Post has been editedSLA8 - 11.07.18, 16:40

* SLA8 ,
And if you turn on the zhps and re-select the watch?

* Alexxxl if GPS was off, then yes, that will help. But if GPS coordinates are very slowly obtained, then before these manipulations you still need to run some Maps on the phone.

GPS must be enabled (only in the next version it will become optional). Well, in order to restart the dial, you do not need to re-select it. It is enough to press the right middle button 2 times (i.e. enter the menu and exit).

Post has been editedSLA8 - 11.07.18, 19:20

* Alexxxl Well, yes, of course ...
In another way I will formulate ...
After making sure that the phone has found itself in this world))) restart the dial)))

* Alexxxl , you can restart, or you can not restart - it within 1 minute will realize that the coordinates are already there.

SLA8 @ 07/11/18, 17:31*
GPS must be enabled (only in the next version it will become optional).

In the new version, it will be possible to drive in several coordinates and change them, or will it be necessary to drive in new coordinates each time you move?

Post has been editedtolz - 11.07.18, 17:37

* tolz , no, only one coordinates will be. Therefore, I recommend option A).

P.S. True, in the next version, in case of any problems with the GPS (for example, when it is turned off in the phone), the weather will continue to be updated using the last coordinates received. So you will have another option: turn on the GPS so that the dial gets the coordinates, and turn off the GPS.

And further. It turned out that the timeout for obtaining the coordinates was only 15 seconds. In the next version, it will be increased to 45 seconds. I hope the dial will start to work even with slow GPS.

Post has been editedSLA8 - 12.07.18, 06:45

Rep: (12)
* Alexxxl Please advise which for example?

SLA8 @ 07/11/18, 17:37*
So you will have another option: turn on the GPS so that the dial gets the coordinates, and turn off the GPS.

Oh, this is a good option.

Is readyversion 1.3 . If you have a watch face installed from an official store, update 1.3 will fly by itself , the next time you start the "Pebble" application. If you want to update immediately, just restart the smartphone. In other cases (for example, if the dial is installed from the Rebble.io store), the dial can be downloaded and installed from the file (in the header).

* akakolun , * Sundrum , * Alexxxl , * Grits_78 , * s58 , * SenSey76
Now in the settings you can turn off the use of the GPS receiver, and specify arbitrary fixed GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude).

Also, you can NOT turn it off in the dial settings, but instead just turn GPS off in the phone itself - then the weather will continue to be updated using the latest coordinates received.

While GPS coordinates are not updated, the location is also not updated. Therefore, if you decide to never use a GPS receiver at all, then in widget No. 1 you can now write arbitrary text instead of location, for example, the name of the city.

* vaaddy , * sava1 , * tolz ,
The timeout for waiting for a response to a GPS coordinate request has been increased from 15 seconds to 45 seconds. Now even with slow GPS, the weather and location will be updated more or less normally. Also, see what I wrote above in this post.

* magl62 , * Alexxxl ,
The battery consumption on Pebble and Pebble 2 has become less.

* xcrash , * Kvas74 ,
Now you can specify arbitrary text in widget number 1.

Post has been editedSLA8 - 13.07.18, 20:50

* SLA8 , * SLA8 ,
If you turn off the gps the weather will be updated?

* tolz , Yes.

Rep: (11)
SLA8 @ 07/13/2018, 5:30 PM*
... Now in the settings you can turn off the use of the GPS receiver, and specify arbitrary fixed GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) ...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. We will test.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/14/19, 10:18