[Pebble] Moscow Time | Stylish dial in Russian.

Rep: (230)
Moscow Time
Version: 1.4

Last update of the program in the header:04.03.2019

Attached Image

Additional screenshots
Pebble time
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Pebble Time Round
Pebble and Pebble 2

Short description:
Stylish and multifunctional dial for all models "Pebble" in Russian, withsmoothed outscalable fonts, and support for Yandex.Maps geolocation service.

Detailed description:
Detailed description
Stylish and multi-functional dial, for all models of watches "Pebble", made specifically for Russia. The world's only dial for Pebble, withsmoothed outScalable _ Cyrillic_ fonts. Initially, a clone of the popular paid dial "Business Time", but for free, in Russian, and with the support of Yandex.Maps.

Specifications:

- Only Russian language.
- Is free.
- Weather conditions - temperature and icon (OpenWeatherMap, APIXU, Forecast.io, Weather Underground, AccuWeather).
- Geolocation - usually the name of the area (Yandex.Maps, OpenStreetMap, Google Maps).
- Fitness - number of steps, distance traveled, calories burned, pulse.
- Date, time, day of the week.
- Bluetooth status and battery percentage.
- Optionally, vibration when Bluetooth connection is lost, and vibration every hour.
- Scalablesmoothedfonts (on color screens).
- Fully customizable colors (on color screens).
- Two fonts to choose from (on monochrome screens).
- Built-in settings page (works without the Internet, and never disappears).
- And other.

Why did I make a new dial for Pebble in 2018? Yes, and a week before the closure of official Pebble services? Three reasons. First, Pebble has been gone for 2 years, but their watches are still the BEST! The second - I really liked the development environment for Pebble, everything is very convenient and thought out to the smallest detail, huge opportunities. The third - because I did not find a single perfectly looking dial for Pebble Time in Russian. I really like how the dial "Business Time" looks (design -Paul joel, Paul Joel, programming -Grégoire sage, Gregory Sage). Their dial is good for everyone, except for one - there is no native language. It’s not that I had any difficulties with English, it’s just that my native language is much more pleasant. The author of "Business Time" Grigory Sage refused to translate his dial into Russian, so I decided to make my dial exactly the same, but in Russian. It turned out to be quite nontrivial to make the dial with the Cyrillic alphabet (due to the presence of which the fonts became 2 times heavier and took up almost all the application resources), it took a lot of optimization to get the dial into memory. In addition, I screwed on the support of AccuWeather, Yandex.Maps, Google Maps - this is not found in any other dial. By the way, I painted all the icons for the dial myself, because I did not find weather icons on the entire Internet that were optimized for such a small size in which they are shown on the dial). And finally, on the settings page, there are probably all the popular settings available in other good dials. The result was a high-quality and beautiful dial. Good mood to you all!

A couple of "secrets":
- If there is a light on the weather icon (sun or moon), then it changes exactly at that moment when dawn or sunset occurs.
- Weather and location are updated at those times when the number of hours and minutes is a multiple of the update interval. For example, if the update interval is 15 minutes, then updates will occur when the clock shows: 00,: 15,: 30,: 45 minutes.
- If the weather display was turned OFF ("cross" instead of weather), then it has not been updated for 3 hours in a row. This can happen if the Bluetooth connection was disconnected 3 hours ago, or the Internet was disconnected from the phone.
- If you turn off GPS in your phone, the weather will still be updated using the latest known coordinates.

Platform: Pebble
Screen: Rectangular, Round
Russian interface: Yes
Developer: sla80x
App Store Page:

Forfirst pebble :

ForPebble time :

ForPebble Time Round :

ForPebble 2 :

* The Rebble.io store is still not completed, there is still no possibility to update applications. And it is not known when it will appear (to meKaterina Barryreplied that "some day" - someday).Therefore, I recommend installing the dial from a file by downloading it from the link below:

Download: version 1.4 Attached filemoscow_time_v1_4.zip (216.69 KB)

Version History
Version 1.4 (04.03.2019):
- The weather works out of the box again (for this, the built-in API key for the OpenWeatherMap has been added).
- Added new APIXU weather service, instead of the failed Yahoo! Weather.
- Added Gotham font for classic Pebble and Pebble 2 (the same as on Pebble with color screen).
- Added ability to invert colors on classic Pebble and Pebble 2.
- Optimization of memory consumption for Pebble Time and Pebble Time Round.
- Fixed: Incorrect appearance of the settings page for classic Pebble and Pebble 2.

Version 1.3 (13.07.2018):
- Added the ability to not use a GPS receiver, specifying fixed coordinates in the settings.
- Added the ability to specify arbitrary text in the widget в„–1.
- GPS request timeout has been increased from 15 seconds to 45 seconds.
- In case of unsuccessful requests for GPS coordinates (for example, if "Geodata Transfer" is turned off in the phone), the weather continues to be updated using the latest known coordinates.
- Optimization of battery consumption on the first Pebble and Pebble 2.

Version 1.2 (05.07.2018):
- The dial became available on Pebble and Pebble 2!
- Added ability to display heart rate (Pebble 2 + HR).
- Fixed: Too long names are avoided for location text for better readability.

Version 1.1 (25.06.2018):
- A link to the homepage of the watch face has been added to the settings.savagemessiahzine.com(so that everyone can find this dial after the official store closes).

Version 1.0 (24.06.2018):
- First edition

Past versions
version 1.3 Attached filemoscow_time_v1_3.zip (204.96 KB)

version 1.2 Attached filemoscow_time_v1_2.zip (197.55 KB)

version 1.1 Attached filemoscow_time_v1_1.zip (163.43 KB)

Post has been editedSLA8 - 23.04.19, 02:00

Rep: (474)
* SLA8 , everything is super !!! Test)) thanks for the work)

Rep: (9)
SLA8 @ 07/05/2018, 17:02*
* y_mach This data is available on all Pebble models, except the very first Pebble. You obviously have the first pebble. Therefore, choose something else in the settings to display in the lower widgets. The truth is, the choice of options for the first Pebble is not great.

I have Pebble steel - I don’t know how first they are ...

* y_mach , Pebble Steel is also the first Pebble, but in a steel case. Now you can already find inexpensive Pebble Time, Pebble Time Steel, Pebble Round, Pebble 2 from ads. I recommend making a new thing, because soon they will all be lost from sale. People are selling the last leftovers.

Post has been editedSLA8 - 05.07.18, 17:48

* SLA8 while I like everything ..
Api keys do not scare ...
But personally, I don’t like to keep it on, because it eats the battery ... Therefore, the Wishlist is this:
Manual indication of the city for the weather ... In any form but manual)))

Post has been editedAlexxxl - 05.07.18, 18:13

Rep: (11)
Alexxxl @ 07/05/2018, 18:12*
... Manual indication of the city for the weather ... In any form but manual)))

+1 vote for manually specifying the city for the weather.

Rep: (24)
* Alexxxl , Nokia 6, Android 8.1. Location determination by all sources (already a couple of months). It used to be in the coordinates of the network. Battery consumption is exactly the same

Rep: (4)
I would like the ability to turn off the inscription (weather / location) and, due to this, increase the size of the time. Thank.

* akakolun , * Alexxxl , * Grits_78 , in the next update I’ll make an indication of the GPS coordinates in the settings, since you want it that way :) In order to add these new settings, you will first have to optimize the memory consumption (fonts occupy almost all of the memory), but I already figured out how to do this.

* qweasdzxc1 , on rectangular screens, the time is "23:50" and so takes up almost the entire width. That is, in order to increase it, you need not only to remove the inscription under it, but also to replace the time font with some tall and narrow (Condensed). But firstly, the dial looks more consistent when it is typed in one font, and secondly, there is no longer any place in the application resources for another font. Then no.

Rep: (12)
* SLA8 , Great watchface) Thank you) Can I add color investing and the ability to display the phone battery in the settings?

* daulyatdin It seems that for some features a companion app will be required))

Rep: (11)
* SLA8 , And if your dial in the form of an application is done, is there any benefit from this?

Rep: (41)
Good face, super!
For the classics (and the rest may come in handy), you can make a parameter from Tasker as a choice for widgets. And there let the user let him highlight what he wants. At least the exchange rate, at least the birthday of your beloved mother-in-law. )

Post has been editedScreamer_dot - 08.07.18, 00:10

Rep: (59)
I installed the face on the classics, drove for a week ... Everything is fine, but it drains the battery on Pebble very quickly. What is the reason I do not know, it's static. So far, returned to his old one.

Rep: (0)
Pebble 2 se Works. I put it from the official store.
Thank!
If possible - About desires:
- Color inversion is very necessary (light background)
-In the settings for widget 1 (center) add the option “nothing” or others
-Fonts on Pebble 2 are rough - would be softer or rounder as on Time and Round
Time is bold, not bold - no difference

* daulyatdin I’ll do the inversion, and displaying the phone’s charge is impossible without a companion application on the phone, but I don’t plan to do any companion.

* akakolun will only get worse. Pebble applications and dials are technically no different, just located in different places in the menu hierarchy, and even applications can respond to button presses, but there are no dials. The dial should be the place where we return from other applications with the "Back" button, and remaking it into the application means making it uncomfortable to use.

* Screamer_dot , I do not plan integration with other applications yet. It is not casual, difficult and long.

* magl62 I didn’t know about such a problem. Perhaps the reason is that on Pebble and Pebble 2, the dial for each screen rendering (usually once per minute) loads 3 icons from resources in turn, and unloads them. I did so because the first Pebble did not have enough memory. I’ll try to fix it by doing it like on Pebble Time - there are 2-3 used icons that are constantly kept in memory, and the charge is about the same as other dials.

* Kvas74 , 1) I will do the inversion. 2) In widget number 1, you can write arbitrary text. You can make it empty so that there is no inscription. 3) The font "Gotham Pro" without anti-aliasing in small sizes looks very clumsy. Although since the fonts in Pebble and Pebble 2 are raster, both fonts may fit in, I'm not sure, I'll try to cram them later. 4) I just forgot to hide the “Time is Bold” setting on Pebble and Pebble 2, I’ll hide it, because it does not work for you.

In the near future:

1) Optimization of memory consumption (necessary to add new features) - already done.
2) The ability not to use GPS satellites, indicating fixed coordinates in the settings.
3) The ability to specify arbitrary text in widget No. 1 (becomes necessary in connection with the previous paragraph).
4) Invert colors on monochrome screens.
5) Optimization of battery consumption on Pebble and Pebble 2.
6) I'll try to make a font choice for monochrome screens, however, there is no guarantee what will happen.

I hope to catch the first 3-4 points before Friday, as On Saturday I’m going on vacation for 2 weeks, until August. There is almost no free time left before departure.

Post has been editedSLA8 - 09.07.18, 17:10

Rep: (1)
Good evening. And in version 1.2, nothing has changed in terms of determining the coordinates? Just a few days ago, the place was no longer determined by the coordinates and, accordingly, the weather does not show.
I use openstreetmap and openweathermap.
PS in other programs on the phone - everything is fine. And in the MiniMap application on the watch itself, too, everything is fine. Watches - Pebble Time

* vaaddy , no, in version 1.2 nothing about GPS has changed. Maybe you’ve turned off Location Reporting on your phone?

Rep: (6)
It also does not determine the location for two days, gps is on.

* sava1 What is your Pebble model? Does it show the weather or not? If the weather is there, then which geolocation provider is selected?

How strange. The dial does not work all day continuously - it is unloaded from memory every time something else appears on the screen (alert, menu), and is loaded again when the alert / menu closes. That is, the easiest way to restart the dial is to enter the menu and exit it.

If you reboot the dial and restart the phone, will it help or not?

By the way, in the next version, in case of interruptions with GPS, the location will not change, but the weather will be updated according to the last coordinates received.

Post has been editedSLA8 - 10.07.18, 15:33

Rep: (26)
Hello. My weather does not show what could be the matter? I configured everything: gps, api, but it does not show anything.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedtolz - 11.07.18, 09:09

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/12/19, 11:04