Xiaomi Mi Router 4 - discussion | [wifirouter]: 300Mb \ s - 867Mb \ s + 3x1Gb

Rep: (125)
Xiaomi Mi Router 4 - discussion
wifirouter: 2.4GHz (300Mbit \ s) - 5GHz (867Mbit \ s) + 3 • 1Gbit \ s

Attached Image

The forum decided to post images under the spoilerPicture

Description
The Xiaomi Mi Router 4 router is only slightly different from its predecessor, as evidenced by four massive antennas for signal amplification and a small thickness of a snow-white body, but this time with rounded edges. The air vents on the back and back of the device help prevent the components from overheating in Mi Router 4. This router supports the MiNET feature. Thanks to it, the connection of smart electronics to a home network managed by Mi Router 4, including the components of a smart home manufactured by MIJIA and other Xiaomi sub-brands, can be performed by pressing one button without entering a password.
Additional Images
Attached Image
Specifications
Processor: Dual Core MT7621A 880MHz
RAM: 128Mb DDR3
ROM: 128Mb SLC Nand Flash
LAN port: 2 pcs. (1 Gbit / s)
WAN-port: 1 pc. (1 Gbit / s)
Antennas:
2 pcs. - 2.4 GHz (Max. 300 Mbps)
2 pcs. - 5 GHz (Max. 867 Mbit / s)
Overview
Useful
Declared support for up to 128 connected
neighborsdevices simultaneously: D
The main differences from "xiaomi mi router 3G": newer, less memory and no USB, theoretically less price
instructions on how to configure L2TP for Beeline MSK
Miwifi_r4_firmware_aac44_2.26.135
Control, configure, control the router Xiaomi MiWiFi (only for firmware from the company Xiaomi)

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 13.03.19, 12:57
Reason for editing: Miwifi_r4_firmware_aac44_2.26.135

Rep: (7)
The router is not interesting to anyone?
month as presented and silence o.O

Rep: (4)
Very interesting .... here are just really no information ... how then .. where ... why

Rep: (0)
The processor is the same as in 3G, but the memory is 2 times less. In addition, they removed usb.

Rep: (4)
What's the catch then?

Posted 06/19/2018 at 21:01:

It is worth the third .... I thought to take something more abruptly-more powerful ... I thought the four would be finished with dlna and without dances on padavan ..... but it turns out even more interesting !!!

Rep: (13)
Well, I then get the first one who bought it. I’m waiting to be more precise, I’ll get it in a couple of days, on Saturday I’ll connect the Internet to a new apartment and check it out. I will unsubscribe from the result, but I am not a geek at all and I don’t rummage in any additional pluses of routers. Now there is a 2.4 / 5 router with two antennas, an old, padawan stitched, has been working fine for a couple of years now. That's why I decided to take a new one too. The only thing that is not clear yet is English then 4? Or just Chinese.

Rep: (169)
* andreevds,
I do not know, I order a couple. Only the first time I start using xiaomi routers

Yesterday I got it, it works, but the Internet did not reach the setting itself, because it was too lazy to poke the patchcord. According to the results, I simply connected to it using the ip indicated on the sticker, digging through the settings, set the password. Menu in Chinese. In general, when setting up, you can start from instructions in the Mi WiFi router 3 branch (which is unpacking and first launch), like the one-to-one menu. On Saturday, I will be specifically set up, I will unsubscribe if that.

Rep: (21)
there is a 2.4 / 5 router with two antennas, an old one stitched by padawan, has been working fine for a couple of years already

And if everything works fine, why a new router?

Today received. I configured it to work in the mode of accesspoint, it actually works.

Post has been editedShinen - 22.06.18, 20:03

mg34 @ 06/22/2018 11:30*
And if everything works fine, why a new router?

Very simple. Moving to a new apartment, leave the old parents.

Greetings. Nobody knows about the Podavan firmware for this device?

Rep: (3)
The menu is only in Chinese, firmware from English. interface, to date, not yet. Used Chrome to translate a web interface.

* VladimirT,
Did you order on Ali? Came with a normal plug or adapter?

Rep: (3)
DDenisA @ 06/23/18, 12:46*
Did you order on Ali? Came with a normal plug or adapter?

In the online store oblako-msk.ru is sold, with an American plug, but they give an adapter to the European one.

VladimirT @ 06/23/18 12:42*
The menu is only in Chinese, firmware from English. interface, to date, not yet. Used Chrome to translate a web interface.

I confirm. 80% is transferred through the chrome plugin, which is basically enough. The router saw the new firmware, but even update the point for now.
In general, even with Chinese firmware and instructions, and novices will be able to configure. Purely working Internet is done in 2 clicks.

* Konstantin654321,
I have two vehicles traveling to Russia, it seems that the package has dropped, but here it already goes without a track number. Waiting for

I also break my head, I do not know what to choose 3G or 4

* 9evil,
In many reviews they write it is better to take 3G

Yes, I also tend to this, today I will order

Rep: (-1)
DDenisA @ 06.28.18, 05:58*
In many reviews they write it is better to take 3G

So I had a question, because after a thunderstorm, my router was covered.
Which one to take 3, 3G, 4
Tell me what's the difference?
What I saw in 3-3G is: USB 2-3 and grids 100-1000. But in terms of processors and memory, I did not understand how much they affect the work?
I did not see any positives in 4 compared to 3G. Proc and memory are the same and still not USB

Post has been edited1botik1 - 30.06.18, 22:24

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 04/07/19 17:47