Dell G3 3579 and 3779 | [notebook]

Rep: (22)
Dell G3 3579 and 3779 - Discussion
Windows 10, Ubuntu | 15.6 ", 17.3" | Intel Core i5-8300H, i7-8750H | Nvidia GTX 1050, 1050Ti, 1060 | 8-16GB | Fingerprint scanner | Thunderbolt 3.0
Discussion | Purchase "

Attached Image

Description
A 15 "(3579) or 17" (3779) gaming laptop with a dedicated NVIDIAВ® GeForceВ® graphics adapter, 8th generation IntelВ® processors and a slim case.
With a thickness of only 22.7 mm (3579) and 25 mm (3779), this is the thinnest Dell G-Series notebook.
Additional Images 3579
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Additional Images 3779
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
CPU
8th generation IntelВ® Core в„ў i5-8300HQ quad-core processor
6th Generation IntelВ® Core в„ў i7-8750HQ Six-Core Processor

operating system
WindowsВ® 10 Home
WindowsВ® 10 Pro
Ubuntu (in some countries)

Memory
4–16 GB, DDR4, 2 666 MHz; up to 32 GB (additional memory is purchased separately)

HDD
Hybrid 1 TB hard disk (5,400 rpm) with 8 GB cache
System with two drives: 128 GB solid-state drive and 1 TB hard drive (5,400 rpm)
System with two drives: 256 GB solid-state drive and 1 TB hard drive (5,400 rpm)
256 GB solid state drive
512 GB PCle SSD

Video card
NVIDIAВ® GeForceВ® GTX 1050 graphics card with 4GB GDDR5 memory
NVIDIAВ® GeForceВ® GTX 1050 Ti graphics card with 4GB GDDR5 memory
NVIDIAВ® GeForceВ® GTX 1060 graphics card with NVIDIAВ® Max-Q technology and 6 GB GDDR5 memory

Display
3579: 15.6 ”display with Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080), IPS matrix, Anti-Glare anti-glare coating and LED backlight (non-touch)
3779: 17.3 ”display with Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080), IPS matrix, anti-reflective coating and LED backlight (non-touch)

Ports
1 2 in 1 memory card reader for SD / MicroMedia cards
1 2nd generation USB 3.1 port
1 Power / DC Input Connector
1 Optional Thunderbolt в„ў 3 connector with Type-C в„ў interface
1 HDMI 2.0 port
1 RJ-45 connector for Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
2 SuperSpeed ​​USB 3.1 port with PowerShare technology
1 headphone and microphone jack

Connectors
1 Noble lock connector

Camera
Integrated HD (720p) widescreen webcam with bi-directional digital microphone

Color options
3579: Licorice black, cobalt blue or dazzling white
3779: Licorice black, cobalt blue

Keyboard
Standard full-size waterproof keyboard with numeric keypad
Optional full-size, waterproof, backlit keyboard with numeric keypad (available in some countries only in blue)

Dimensions
3579: 22.7 mm (0.89 ") x 380 mm (14.96") x 258 mm (10.16 "), weight: 2.53 kg (5.57 lb)
3779: 25 mm (0.98 ") x 415.4 mm (16.35") x 279.2 mm (10.99 "), weight: 3.27 kg (7.2 lbs)

Audio and speakers
2 tuned speakers with Waves MaxxAudioВ® Pro sound processing technology
1 combo headphone and mic jack

Network
802.11ac, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz dual-band adapter, MU-MIMO / 80 MHz, 1x1 + Bluetooth 5.0
Gigabit ethernet

Nutrition
56Wh 4-cell battery (built-in)
130 W AC Adapter (NVIDIAВ® GeForceВ® GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti)
180 Watt AC Adapter (NVIDIAВ® GeForceВ® GTX 1060 with Max-Q Technology)

Documentation
Wi-Fi update
The module is installed in the laptopIntel Wireless-AC 9462.
This is a companion module forCNVi Interface: a part of the Wi-Fi system is located in the chipset, a radio part in this module.
The module supports one stream for reception, one for transmission, which provides a speed limit of 433 Mbps at a frequency of 5 Ghz. You can replace the module betterIntel Wireless-AC 9560, it supports two streams in both directions (ie, 867 Mbps), and is able to work with 160 Mhz channels, providing bandwidth in this mode up to 1733 Mbps.
To implement such bandwidth, you will need an access point (router) that supports 802.11ac 2x2 80 or 160Mhz, respectively.

The Intel Wireless-AC 9560 line comes in several versions, you need the one that in m.2 has a 2230 slot, i.e. models starting with 9560.NGW (9560.NGWG or 9560.NGWG.NV).
Recommended retail price - $ 13. Sold both in Russia and on Aliexpress.
Successful installation messages:time, two.
Bluetooth codecs aptX, aptX HD
For Windows 8:
First install the latest Intel Bluetooth drivers from the Dell website orIntel.
Then installIntel 8260 Bluetooth Audio Application.
For Windows 10:
Support for aptX is built into the OS, starting with build 1507 (i.e., from the very beginning). You can make sure your device supports aptX usingBluetooth Tweaker.
Support aptX HD, aptX LL in Windows 10 is not.
For Linux:
Support for a whole pack of codecs for PulseAudio, incl. aptX, aptX HD and LDAC will providethis project.

Overclocking the matrix refresh rate using a CRU
Message в„–3254, author erserver
Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedwaitxd - 17.07.19, 17:52
Reason for editing: Message # 3254, author erserver

Rep: (2)
Also, I would like to note the following point.
I don’t quite understand the author, what’s the point of taking a rather budgetary and, of course, mediocre laptop for some points, and then changing the memory in it, setting sams 970, and, later, haemorrhaging with replacing the matrix by 120Hz?

I mean, let’s say MSI GE73, it costs 125k.
i7-8750H
16Gb
128ssd 1tb hdd
1070 8gb (not mq)
120Hz is an excellent matrix, albeit TN, but there srgb 99% and argb 70+, in general, in order.

As a result, we get a real gaming laptop, with excellent filling, gorgeous clave, cooling, etc.

And you, for example, have already spent 71+ 40 memory / SSD on Dell, i.e. in total, already over 110, but this is still the same budget Dell. So I myself am sitting and thinking, buying memory, delivering ssd standards, changing the matrix ... or throwing it to someone he suits as it is and buy GE73, which is 70% faster in games)

Rep: (12)
* Nistelrooy You write strange things. What is a budget laptop? Not one parameter matches this. Next, a bunch of speculation)
Ps: wrote a rebuttal for each, then erased who needs it)

* Nistelrooy You write strange things. What is a budget laptop? Not one parameter matches this. Next, a bunch of speculation)
Ps: wrote a rebuttal for each, then erased who needs it)

Dell g3 is the most budget gaming laptop on a fresh processor and 1060mq, only $ 899. In fact, this is a set of compromises for those who do not have money for a better laptop. Still say that this is not so?

Over the past month, every day for 5-7 hours I studied all the laptops that interest me in the market, traveled around 10 stores and twisted all these laptops in my hands. Therefore, I understand what I'm talking about, using the example of the same 7577 and a bunch of different Dell models from very budget to XPS.

Post has been editedNistelrooy - 17.06.18, 17:14

* Nistelrooy , in your post you did not write a "budget gaming" laptop. And $ 900 was at a discount.

Post has been editedaklenin - 17.06.18, 17:14

* Nistelrooy , in your post you did not write a "budget gaming" laptop.

Well, you understand what exactly this is all about, if I compare it with an even more gaming laptop?)
It goes without saying for 50-60 thousand that the whole market is littered with, they can not be compared with G3, but basically just for the filling. And for me, not only the filling is important, but in particular the quality of materials, assembly, screen, keyboard and touch. I still don’t know how I will react to G3, after the poppy.

Of course 900 at a discount, so everyone who wanted and took at this discount. And then there was a discount on G7 in the same conf that G3 only ssd 256 for $ 949.

Post has been editedNistelrooy - 17.06.18, 17:18

* Nistelrooy , then they would take allienware if 125k is not a problem for you. There, IMHO, better than msi.

* Nistelrooy , then they would take allienware if 125k is not a problem for you. There, IMHO, better than msi.

That's the whole point that it’s never better there than MSI, but at a price it will come out even more expensive than MSI. hello duty immediately. I've already considered a lot of things to replace the G3, if you do not like it. This is the XPS15 (I would be fine with a principle of 1050), and the GS65, 73, GE73, and Razer Blade 15. Although I don’t really need all this, I just took g3 out of curiosity and that’s all)

Nistelrooy @ 06/17/18, 17:11*
Dell g3 is the most budget gaming laptop on a fresh processor and 1060mq, only $ 899. In fact, this is a set of compromises for those who do not have money for a better laptop. Still say that this is not so?
this is not true. It is not price that determines budgeting, is it? The budget gaming laptop is i5, 8gb and 1050 (not even ti). And the g3 line, except for 17 "is generally unclear why it is needed.
“I would have been satisfied with the principle of 1050,” actually I am talking about the same thing.

Post has been editedaklenin - 17.06.18, 17:27

Aklenin @ 06/17/18, 17:24*
this is not true. It is not price that determines budgeting, is it? The budget gaming laptop is i5, 8gb and 1050. And the g3 line, except for 17 ", is generally unclear why.

Everyone has a different concept of budgeting, maybe for you or for someone else G3 is the ultimate dream, for me it is a budget laptop. Once again I say I watched everything that can be bought from us, on the Amazon, in Europe. There is nothing more budgetary with adequate characteristics. This is the most budget laptop, at least somehow similar to a laptop.

* Nistelrooy , here here you have a budget konf for 750 at a discount.

Post has been editedaklenin - 17.06.18, 17:33

Aklenin @ 06/17/18, 17:33*
here you have a budget konf for 750 at a discount.

You do not seem to understand what it is about. I'm not talking about the fact that the filling of the G3 is budgetary and not at all, I'm talking about the fact that the laptop itself is budgetary. It doesn’t matter what the one is for 750, what the maximum speed is for 1200, the case, the screen, the keyboard, the touchpad, the materials and the assembly are all the same - the most budgetary.

Nistelrooy @ 06/17/18, 16:42*
I don’t quite understand the author, what’s the point of taking a rather budgetary and, of course, mediocre laptop for some points, and then changing the memory in it, setting sams 970, and, later, haemorrhaging with replacing the matrix by 120Hz?

That is why the market is such an abundance of laptops, to each his own. For example, I don’t understand 4k at all on 15 "screens.
In general, I described my selection criteria for a laptop above, but let's summarize again.
Since this is, first of all, my working tool, for me, besides high processor performance, I need high performance of the disk subsystem and the amount of memory (I did not have enough 16 GB on the previous laptop).
At the same time, a laptop for me should fulfill the functions of a mobile device: not to be a stationary replacement for a computer, and therefore to be lightweight, because I carry it on myself; have a large enough screen, because I will not connect monitors or televisions to it; be with a convenient keyboard for typing; (optional) do not shout that this is a gaming laptop.
Unfortunately, there are few such devices, the closest analogues are gaming laptops, some of which are unreasonably expensive. Dell generally does not have powerful laptops with a 17 "screen, and the G3 is also displayed in the business line of their store :)

I wanted Alienware for a long time, but the weight confused me in the first place, again, the look and I would have to give the extra 15k to customs for exceeding the limit (this, for a second, 512 GB nvme ssd for cost).
MSI almost immediately went into the woods when I worked on their keyboard for a couple of days: combined PgUp / Home, PgDown / End with ScrollLock and Pause / Break - this is the idea of ​​some idiot. The lack of Win on the left is generally unusual. It’s also unimportant and subjective, but I don’t like the appearance of the GE line at all.

Regarding the purchase of SSD and memory, to be honest, I do not understand the essence of the problem: nvme ssd on MLC memory is an investment for years (my last SSD is 6 years old, also on MLC, by the way), and memory is a necessary measure for almost any laptop Whatever I choose. Avito solves problems with the implementation of original parts in a matter of hours, returning part of the money spent (this is to the question about 71 + 40). There is no need to change the screen, as for me there isn’t at all: the 1060MQ is unlikely to give you 120 fps in serious games, I considered this optionally if there are serious flashes, broken pixels or a completely disgusting matrix (I don’t do color work). In general, “hemorrhoids with matrix replacement” is generally beyond the truth, everything is solved in 4 minutes, it’s easier than removing the bottom cover. To put the same matrix with MSI is a question of 6k rubles, if it does.

If a laptop is needed ONLY for games, I suggest that you don’t look towards thin laptops at all, due to the defectiveness of their cooling system. This applies to Dell, and MSI, and Asus. One way or another, they will throttle.

Post has been editedwaitxd - 17.06.18, 23:19

Rep: (0)
* waitxd , I also want to buy this laptop) tell me where they bought, how much came out in rubles?

Baronxxx9 @ 06/17/18, 23:10*
waitxd, I also want to buy this laptop) tell me where they bought, how much came out in rubles?

Bother to readprevious page, but?! ;)

* waitxd
For me, gs73 would suit you perfectly for your tasks), but since the keyboard didn’t go ... I’m just not so demanding in terms of layout)
By crap with the replacement of the matrix ... First, you need to select it, then find it, then buy / pick it up, then put it in, and also merge the old one) I meant this, not the installation process itself. And 120Hz is the most for 1070 and above) at 1060 it makes no sense, I agree.

Regarding the quality of the screen itself in g3, I did not fully understand you, is it not bad or just "thanks for working"?)

Nistelrooy @ 06/18/18, 00:41*
waitxd
For me, gs73 would suit you perfectly for your tasks), but since the keyboard didn’t go ... I’m just not so demanding in terms of layout)

The gs73 is 7700HQ and costs under $ 2k. It is not clear that I will win. I like the gs65, but there is no 17 "model like the gs75 yet.

First you need to choose it, then find it, then buy / pick it up, then put it, and also merge the old one)

Google that in GS73 costsChi Mei N173HHE-G32and write to the guys from5volt.ru? You really exaggerate.

Regarding the quality of the screen itself in g3, I did not fully understand you, is it not bad or just "thanks for working"?)

Yes, the usual IPS 6-bit matrix. I have no complaints about her. Slightly tepid from the box, as for me, removed a little red in the calibration. I use at 70% brightness. There are claims to scaling in UWP applications, but this is already Melkomyagky.

Post has been editedwaitxd - 18.06.18, 00:59

Waitxd @ 06/18/18, 00:57*
Google what is in the GS73 Chi Mei N173HHE-G32 and write to the guys from 5volt.ru? You really exaggerate.

No, it’s apparently you’re not yet in the topic) I already looked in advance at 30 pin matrices with a connector on the left and found nothing interesting even on foreign sites ... there is a connector on the right or 40 pins (like MSI, if I’m not mistaken )
There is no problem only if you take the 15 "G3 / G5 / G7 there everyone puts the same matrix and everyone is happy with it. Well, okay, today / tomorrow I will get it and look at this" miracle ", it sounds horrific to me)

PS actually GS73 is released on i7-8750H =)

* Nistelrooy ,
Of course, I did not shoot the matrix, but judging by the Google images on all LP173WF4, there is a 30-pin connector in exactly the same place as on the n173hhe-g32. Apparently, I really do not know something else.

And the truth is GS73VR with 8750h, prices in Russia from 115k for a complete set without ssd. On Amazon, only a $ 2k bundle. Maybe someone will do.

Waitxd @ 06/18/2018, 10:11*
* Nistelrooy ,
Of course, I did not shoot the matrix, but judging by the Google images on all LP173WF4, there is a 30-pin connector in exactly the same place as on the n173hhe-g32. Apparently, I really do not know something else.

And the truth is GS73VR with 8750h, prices in Russia from 115k for a complete set without ssd. On Amazon, only a $ 2k bundle. Maybe someone will do.

Now tell us how you will clamp a 40pin matrix (N173HHE-G32) on a 30pin connector (g3)? There are of course adapters, but this is still a crutch, there may be different protocols

PS my G3 arrived, I’ll take it today, tomorrow I will write off my first impressions

Post has been editedNistelrooy - 18.06.18, 13:40

Nistelrooy @ 06/18/18, 13:36*
Now tell us how you will clamp a 40pin matrix (N173HHE-G32) on a 30pin connector (g3)? There are of course adapters, but this is still a crutch, there may be different protocols

You investigated the question: there are 30 pin and 40 pin versions, I will take30 pin version, in the end, you can probably take a 40-pin cable from G7 or something like that if all the lines on the motherboard are separated (on the MSI forum they like to hunt for this).
You can also take the 30-pin version of the N173HCE-G32, or B173HAN01.4.
In general, 40 pin eDP from 30 pin eDP differ only in the number of lines, this is the same Display Port protocol (plus power).
Let's finish the theorist at least until someone writes about the (un) successful replacement.

Post has been editedwaitxd - 18.06.18, 15:58

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/31/19, 19:06