Asus ZenBook 13 UX331UN | [notebook] Windows 10 | i7-8550U | 16Gb | SSD 512 | nVidia MX1 | 13.3

Rep: (2152)
Asus ZenBook 13 UX331UN
notebook: Windows 10 pro | i7-8550U | 16Gb | SSD 512 | nVidia GeForce MX150 2Gb | 13.3 "

Attached Image

Description
The ZenBook 13 UX331 is a truly mobile device that you can easily take with you on any trip. Its weight is only 1.12 kg and the case thickness is 13.9 mm. With a narrow-screen NanoEdge display, it’s more compact than regular 13-inch laptops.
The fingerprint scanner integrated in the touchpad provides convenient and fast authorization in the Windows 10 operating system. To do this, you no longer need to enter a password - just one touch!
The new model implements exclusive SonicMaster technology developed by ASUS in collaboration with Harman Kardon. It is a set of hardware and software optimizations that provide unprecedented sound quality for mobile devices.
Specifications
  • Screen 13.3 "(1920x1080) Full HD, matte
  • Intel Core i7-8550U (1.8 - 4.0 GHz)
  • RAM 16 GB
  • SSD 512 GB
  • nVidia GeForce MX150, 2 GB
  • no od
  • Wi-Fi (802.11ac)
  • Bluetooth 4.2 (Dual band)
  • 2 x USB 3.0 / 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C / HDMI / Combo Audio Jack for Headphones / Microphone / Micro SD Card Reader
  • Webcam
  • 310 x 216 x 12.0 ~ 13.9 mm

Of.sayt:https://www.asus.com/L...US-ZenBook-13-UX331UN/

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedKOT-BE3DEXOD - 09.06.18, 18:45

Rep: (32)
Inform about his case with touchpad (a little crooked installed and rattles) - handed over the seller, we conducted a quality control (as I understand it with the assistance of the manufacturer), and recognized the problem. The money was returned. As a result, I think that will still order this notebook again, as alternatives do not see much. Advice to potential buyers - simply better to check when buying a laptop is that you can be an important (in my case the touchpad).

Sellers and manufacturers gratitude for an adequate response to requests of buyers :).

Rep: (118)
paxat @ 05.12.18, 13:45*
handed over the seller,

Prompt - how many have passed?
Aware of the problem - in the shop cant not immediately recognized, and then was too lazy to go - get used to thinking,
but two months later wildly annoying. Sam did not touch Makovsky worse if not for the school assembly.

* 6120class,

I have handed over within two weeks, so it was possible to return the money. If two weeks have passed, it is possible to achieve, at best, repair / replacement of the touchpad. As far as I have explained in the store, my case was recognized as a defect greater due to the fact that the touchpad was a little skewed, but not because of chatter. Rattling by itself can not recognize the defect (a la constructive feature).

Post has been editedpaxat - 12.12.18, 01:14

Rep: (5)
Comrades, I am suffering with the choice, if prompt will be grateful.
In general, choose a laptop for my mother, she needed a smaller and easy to take with them on trips several times a year. At the moment, there are options:
ASUS Zenbook UX331UA-EG047 - he i7 / 8/256 but the video uhd intel graphic. Without Windows it costs 60k
ASUS Zenbook UX331UN-EG042T - he i5 / 8/256, but the video is worth mh150 with Windows 69.
Still there ASUS Zenbook UX430UA - this is a slightly different model with a 14 "screen (more imprint on the touchpad), but with the i5 / 8/256 / HD620 looks very similar.
Tell me that is more important or more powerful percent diskretka?

The matter still is that Mom is playing games and classmates (oh, these mom !!!) and at the current the laptop (sony vaio i5 2gn, 4gb, hdd, radeon 7370, 2.5 kg in total in 2011), it gets very hot in these games and very loud noise (almost like a hair dryer on low speed). In fact a new laptop and need for a Word, presentations and these games and classmates damned. That's the question where it is better noise will be built-in or on diskretke?

Rep: (51)
* Zewsekus On diskretke people and fifu plays) I personally believe that the mother Nvidia is not needed here. Similarly, his mother helped. Plus, there is no video - no excess heat - no unnecessary noise from the fans. For games and classmates is almost too powerful beast)

Rep: (5)
Plus, there is no video - no excess heat - no unnecessary noise from the fans

Understood thanks. Although I thought that if there diskretka, and the cooling system will be more powerful.
Then I will consider the version with i7.

Rep: (0)
Who ever hang this device? I'm procedure simply - all with zero put drivers all fresh, computer BIOS and SSD upgrade. A computer still hangs or, or blue screen. When the blue screen dump is not generated, so I can not find a buggy driver (((

Post has been editedhd13 - 28.12.18, 23:45

Rep: (51)
* hd13 ,
Very strange sounds. With something of a problem apparently. I do not have that. Mace is also set to 0. Firewood put through auslogics driver updater. Though without this happiness must all function properly.

IMHO - the service or "expert advice"

* Iluha7, and which put Windu? Interested in is the build number and revision

Post has been editedhd13 - 29.12.18, 10:32

Rep: (30)
Happy New Year everyone.
I ask for advice!
Dad bought a notebook at the end of November 2018, the model of the Asus Zenbook 13 UX331UN, is slightly different from the discussion of a topic, but a separate topic for his laptop model no.
There was a problem.
Yesterday tried to run the Microsoft Store, the application starts to run and turn. Climbed into the help, there is first written that check in the upgrade center, if the latest updates are installed. Climbed back to start downloading the update Windows10 until 1809 (possibly wrong with the update number, there is no longer possible to look). When they download up to 100%, the Pope had to leave (update swung a long, about an hour, he waited until she conceived 100%), and he just shut the lid. After a while he turned on the laptop and the screen after the asus logo emerges here is a message:
Attached Image

After you press F1 after a while This window appears:
Attached Image

If you restart the notebook, or forcibly shut down, and then turn the situation repeats itself.
What to do? Update kill the hard drive? (SSD 512 GB) and kill Windows?
Or do nothing and be a service center?
So while we are shocked by this.

Rep: (629)
* PavelMarM, Judging by the pictures, probably flew firmware tverdotelnika. If another beech warranty, SC.

* peligroso how is it possible, it is due to update Windows 10?
Laptop warranty, purchased Nov. 19 18g. We'll have to take in the SC. In general, how much more time will be spent on its restoration, it is not clear.

Rep: (629)
* PavelMarM, from marriage and accidents no one is immune. Alas. I think a dozen to do with it, but deal rather in a power failure in the performance of certain resource-intensive operations.

* peligroso I fully support. I've been your Asus also send in the Warranty Center.

In general, most likely dead SSD-drive. To make a bootable USB flash drive, I went through it in System Restore. Tried different options, roll back the system, fix problems when loading, to restore the image to fix disk errors, nothing happens. On the SSD-drive can not record a file, there is a message that is protected from the recording disk. I have 2 stick out of order, so it is impossible to have anything to write, just think. In general, only the SC is now.

Friends. Advise, so I can not find out the section where to ask. Opt for this ASUS laptop and more 570ud and 510un
In 1050 570 videos
In 510 150mh
In aypies 510 570 TFT screen.
The rest of plus or minus all the same. I do not know which one to choose

Comrades, help advice!

For almost a year I can not figure out how to solve the problem with the touchpad, namely with its erratic movements that occur every 1-5 minutes of work (how lucky). And the feeling is that over time, this bug gets more and more often. All the while hoping that will come updated firewood and the problem will be solved, but it still did not happen :(

Lex Grin @ 11/19/18, 20:53*
I found a partial solution to the problem with the tach - updating the BIOS to the latest version. Before that, he was saved by turning off and on the wheelbarrow via hot keys. The funny thing is that the Asus 1215b laptop was 8 years ago with the same problem, the problem then was the isolation of the wheelbarrow in the device.

Updated the BIOS to the latest version, the touchpad fail not stopped, but started doing it a little differently, perhaps it is slightly relieved)) Feels, changed the trajectory of the chaotic movement of the cursor and he became fast enough to bounce back (3-10 seconds) and previously saved only off-switch the touchpad (fn + F9).

I already PTP Driver demolition work without it, then re-set - all else fails ...

P.S. in addition to glitches with the cursor there rattling touchpad with tapas (just tap instead of click) on the right-hand bottom. Also, the upper right corner of the touchpad slightly protrudes above the surface by about 0.5 mm.

Post has been edited1nStyle - 05.01.19, 00:52

Rep: (45)
Good evening. Certainly not the topic, but there is no suitable ones.
Available netbook asus e202s, for some reason, when perekidivanii photos on a flash drive Kingston 64GB some throws and then knocks out the error, the photo gets damaged, even tried to 32GB, and the same problem, stick out after the restart with errors and fix them windose offers. Tried to reinstall windose 10, the situation is not corrected. And the data on the stick Lenovo laptop with windose 7 works fine. Another tried to flash card on 8 GB of files and it chipped easily from ASUS. This netbook has some restrictions on the amount of flash drives? Or vippravit this situation can install windose 7?

Rep: (2)
1nStyle @ 05.01.2019, 00:51*
Comrades, help advice!

For almost a year I can not figure out how to solve the problem with the touchpad, namely with its erratic movements that occur every 1-5 minutes of work (how lucky). And the feeling is that over time, this bug gets more and more often. All the while hoping that will come updated firewood and the problem will be solved, but it still did not happen :(

Updated the BIOS to the latest version, the touchpad fail not stopped, but started doing it a little differently, perhaps it is slightly relieved)) Feels, changed the trajectory of the chaotic movement of the cursor and he became fast enough to bounce back (3-10 seconds) and previously saved only off-switch the touchpad (fn + F9).

I already PTP Driver demolition work without it, then re-set - all else fails ...

P.S. in addition to glitches with the cursor there rattling touchpad with tapas (just tap instead of click) on the right-hand bottom. Also, the upper right corner of the touchpad slightly protrudes above the surface by about 0.5 mm.

Apparently at hardware problem lies in poor insulation touchpad. Note that if the lower part of the proximal end nouta in contact with the skin, then the probability of glitches is substantially increased, especially at the beginning of such use. Given the quality of the fig touchpad assembly is not surprising.
As I write this, a similar problem was on the laptop asus 1215b. There it was treated otkleykoy metallized pads on the backside stitch, causing interference.
I think one way out: yet warranty in force - contact. Every 5 minutes, it too often for normal operation.
How to guarantee end - only an independent analysis nouta and search for potential problems with sizing insulator at the same time on the bounce can be eliminated.

P.s. recently I engaged in video editing on the laptop this and put it on an unheated balcony to accelerate. I received as a result of the frequency 3.6 in all nuclei at a temperature of 60 degrees. Since the result still had to redo, then compared with statsionarnikom - i7 6800k, it all paid off almost twice as fast

Hello. Help solve the problem.
I have the ASUS Zenbook UX331UN. Spoken noutom few months. A couple of weeks ago he stopped included (and it is unimportant in hibernation or he is completely off).
When you press the power button, the indicators light up and everything .. nothing else happens. If you hold the power button for a long time, the indicators go out (the laptop turns off), after which they light up again, and again that’s all. After several such attempts, the laptop still starts up (recently, from 10-15 times). The situation is the same when working on battery and AC adapter.
On the Internet I found only a council Intel MEI driver update to the latest version (11.7.0.1045), but it did not help. In any case, I update the BIOS to version 307 - also to no avail. On the laptop is worth Win10 Home 1803.
There is some way to fix the problem or the only way to the service?

UPD: Another noticed that sometimes the same problem occurs when you leave the BIOS. Light indicators and laptop hangs.

Post has been editedsciroggo - 25.02.19, 16:43

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 30/01/20 12:10