Asus ZenBook 13 UX331UN | [notebook] Windows 10 | i7-8550U | 16Gb | SSD 512 | nVidia MX1 | 13.3

Rep: (2118)
Asus ZenBook 13 UX331UN
notebook: Windows 10 pro | i7-8550U | 16Gb | SSD 512 | nVidia GeForce MX150 2Gb | 13.3 "

Attached Image

Description
The ZenBook 13 UX331 is a truly mobile device that you can easily take with you on any trip. Its weight is only 1.12 kg and the case thickness is 13.9 mm. With a narrow-screen NanoEdge display, it’s more compact than regular 13-inch laptops.
The fingerprint scanner integrated in the touchpad provides convenient and fast authorization in the Windows 10 operating system. To do this, you no longer need to enter a password - just one touch!
The new model implements exclusive SonicMaster technology developed by ASUS in collaboration with Harman Kardon. It is a set of hardware and software optimizations that provide unprecedented sound quality for mobile devices.
Specifications
  • Screen 13.3 "(1920x1080) Full HD, matte
  • Intel Core i7-8550U (1.8 - 4.0 GHz)
  • RAM 16 GB
  • SSD 512 GB
  • nVidia GeForce MX150, 2 GB
  • no od
  • Wi-Fi (802.11ac)
  • Bluetooth 4.2 (Dual band)
  • 2 x USB 3.0 / 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C / HDMI / Combo Audio Jack for Headphones / Microphone / Micro SD Card Reader
  • Webcam
  • 310 x 216 x 12.0 ~ 13.9 mm

Of.sayt:https://www.asus.com/L...US-ZenBook-13-UX331UN/

Topic Curator: Topic with no curator

Post has been editedKOT-BE3DEXOD - 09.06.18, 18:45

Rep: (9)
I'll start ...

I am a semi-happy possessor of this miracle. Teaching half-happy? Well let's see ...

A working laptop vibrated for itself instead of 13 years air (usb ports were shaken). As a result, I settled on this laptop and the poppy about the latter, but since I took it from work, the purchasers killed the poppy as an enemy. Now I travel the world with this blue baby)

The only thing is that my model is not 2360 (with TTX as in a hat), but the younger 2330. The difference is 256ssd, 8GB of RAM.

Now about the sensations. Everything is simple here - take a poppy if possible :)
1. The main chip that lured me was the screen. Still, UHD is cool (is it a joke - the resolution is greater than on the last retina!). Yes, and tachev. Generally an orgasm. But ... :)
Firstly, it is really cool only when the content is appropriate, secondly, when the content is inadequate everything is very small (now it’s understandable why retina has a lower resolution), thirdly (and this is important) the touchscreen is wildly buggy. So much so that I had to turn it off - constantly false positives. So honestly admit to being a victim of marketing)

2. The runtime is indecently prevalued even for marketing - 14 hours is not there from the word at all, at the minimum-adequate settings, at best, 6 hours.

3. The touchpad is wretched, especially after the poppy. Scrolling does not always work, sometimes it loses a finger.

4. The finger scanner works every other time. You put your finger and nothing happens, you have to go by the pin.

5. The glossy cover is the fingerprint reader's dream. Every time, every single time I see a scattering of my fingerprints on it, I climb to check the tracking on Ali of the ordered film.

6. Not a laptop problem, but still. Unlike the same apple, the asus has a flawed warranty policy. When I took mine, 2360 was simply not available anywhere, except Belarus and at an inadequate price. If I still get along with 8GB of RAM somehow, then 256GB of SSD is already not enough. Well, it doesn’t matter, what is difficult to replace m.2 ssd? And here it is - he took off the lid, while the guarantee ... and this is in a world where adequate manufacturers do not consider replacing the cooling system on the video card as a reason to deprive the guarantee, Karl! Therefore, I had to hybridize and use microsd as a drive d :)

With all of the above, there are positive aspects:

1. Discrete video card. Yes, I know that in the ultrabook it is controversial, but sometimes I like to remember the stormy gaming youth and drive into something old-school, such as the same ANNO or the supreme commander on the plane, and here she is very welcome.

2. The keyboard. Wow. Somehow, it’s right under my paws and printing (and this has to be done a lot) is a pleasure.

3. Ports. Mr. Cook, take on a pencil - 2 full-fledged usb, 1 usb-ts and hdmi this is the standard of a portable laptop! Such a set allows you to not buy in and carry around a bunch of adapters or even one expensive one. I understand that the future is for usb, but it is not yet here enough to make all ports such. But what’s already here is firewood instead of a laptop, if you forgot this adapter at home.

Here are all observations in brief.
If you have questions, write, I will monitor the topic.

Rep: (0)
I got this week, 16 GB, 1TB, full nd for travel. So far I’m satisfied with everything, but today I’m flying away and I’ll be 10 hours. on the road, I'll check there.

In, just the statistics will be.
How is a fdd screen?
Are there any minuses listed?

Post has been editedsnyper - 15.07.18, 17:12
Reason for editing: Added a question about cons

The screen is excellent, very satisfied. I practically do not use the touchpad, it seems to me that compared to the mouse it is initially flawed. Everyone has their own cockroaches in their heads. This is my first ultrabook and there is nothing to compare with, except perhaps with my alienware17, but it's stupid. Heroes 7 drove on the plane, 50% brightness was enough for 2.5 hours. I do not know if this is good or bad. There were no sorties, the MX150 did just fine and everything was in high quality. He decently warms up, on his knees in the heat is not very nice, put a cover and it became better. All bluetooth connections (mouse, headphones) worked normally. Briefly satisfied, expectations were met. Marky is only a viper. I have a gray color, stuck decently, but I am neat and do not wipe with a complete rag.

Rep: (26)
Owners of this miracle, I would like to talk with you: D
As I understand it, the sampling here is the NVIDIA GeForceВ® MX150, as in some laptops that are my choice. Can you test the performance of one game?

Heroes 7 is not a game? Everything worked perfectly. I did not notice the differences with more powerful graphics cards. I have no other games.

* Rebellious , What game is this? Not a leisure suit Larry hope;)

Posted on 07/23/2018, 12:18:

* arkmo , there are touchpads in which you don’t even think about the mouse)
if there is an opportunity, please look how much he lives simply on wi-fi and 50%

Look at the system requirements for Heroes 7, it may work. Tomorrow I will turn on and check the battery supply, although I took it for use on the road, and I use other systems.

* arkmo , it's me to the question of comparing with poppy seeds

Rep: (37)
Guys, such a problem
I put the laptop into sleep mode.
After a couple of minutes, they start yelling not at the cooler. Although the laptop is cold and stands on a flat surface.
They do not calm down until I turn off the laptop completely

I will also share my opinion on this laptop)

I [the same] lucky owner of the youngest model i5 \ 8 ram, fullHD

First things first

Acquisition

I took it in the Rosette (Ukraine) for ~ 52,000 rubles. The model wasfactory defective - the matrix is ​​inserted 1 mm to the left. Accordingly, on the right there is a black strip of 1 mm. It is visible only in daylight, if you look in that direction. Personally, I believe that this is a minimum discount fee of ~ 30%. Since the initial price is 74,000 rubles (in Ukraine)

Equipment
Nout
Microfiber
Type-c to Ethernet adapter
Bumazhki
Company case. Appointment - to save a cover from scratches, no more.

Appearance, cover
Yes, the top cover is glossy. Yes,slamming instantly if you touch it. And scratching her is just as easy. However, it all looks very great if periodically wiped with a branded cloth (the most ordinary, black, high-quality)
Keyboard illumination - 1. Has 3 levels 2. Looks quite "space" in the dark

Touchpad
From what I did not fully understand in this laptop - the touchpad. It is also supposedly "glass". I don’t know how the others do, but I have itfingers do not slip. And it is wildly annoying. Highly. And it’s not clear what they should be. If washed with soap - does not go at all. I thought that only with me like that - I gave the girl a try, she has an almost similar situation. However, sometimes fingers slide on it normally and do not notice it. Perhaps this is something with my fingers))

Screen
It's simple - the screen is verycool (expert opinion:)). Neither add nor take away. I have the usual FullHD, not touch. In the dark, in IDEAL lacks one more step down the minimum brightness. Matt, in the sun - minimal glare. But I rarely get to the sun, so I can’t add anything.

Sound
For movies, music in the room -is good . Of course, you should not put it on the bed (speakers below), but even in such conditions, something will be heard.

Cooling system
JI worked outOK . In the absence of loads it does not make noise. In games - active cooling is turned on. Noise level - average, acceptable . Initially, the stress test was 80 degrees, but then, when I ran the stress test after the games, the temperature did not rise above 65, both video and proca (i5)

Toys
I play only in cop, fifu and rocket leagues. Not demanding. Rocket Leagues - Perfectly Ultras (They Are High). Fifa - if you do not turn on anti-aliasing - is ideal. If you enable x2, then it is better to set the average settings, with a lock at 60 fps, of course.
The only thing I can say, for some reason, pressing more than 5 (like) keys in fifa does not work. Sticky keys are off. I have to release unnecessary keys in the game)))Throttling was at the first start of fifa. No longer watched

Autonomy
I can’t say anything in numbers. For I did not try to test all day without charging. But, I never think about the battery, because herefast charge that well can not but rejoice.

Fingerprint scanner
At first it worked 2 \ 3, but then, I only reconfigured the finger (adding fingerprints in different positions), whether it’s his workoptimized

Ports
Nice to have
2 usb3.0
hdmi
type-c (the truth, as far as I know, without thunderbolt 3, i.e. without charging and without external video support)
headset mini jack

Post has been editedIluha7 - 27.07.18, 01:07

* Iluha7 , did you rearrange the axis? on symptoms glitch firewood

How often does it happen? Is there a pattern after which program goes to sleep and does this happen? In general, more details

* snyper,
Windows from the store is worth it.
I have not tracked the pattern so far ... I always have a cart and chrome open

It was from the time of purchase of the laptop.
Firewood all updated Auslogics Driver upadter. Spare, which are on the C drive, pre-installed (eSupport / eDriver) has not yet been deleted

It is difficult to say, at first glance, somewhere the temperature sensor warps and it sticks. I immediately replaced home firewood with a pro, nothing like this has ever happened.

* snyper,
which ones?

* Iluha7 , I mean Home on pro with a complete reinstall.

* snyper,
By the way, about.

How did I switch to pro
(off license from Microsoft)

Disconnected the Internet
I went into the settings / update and security / activation
I chose the item "change key"

Introduced
VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

I'll see what happens at work, maybe it will make sense, until I have dispersed, make a full wipe

* Iluha7 , this does not work - you still need to activate

The best option IMHO - format c and reinstall with an honest key about 250r))

Post has been editedsnyper - 27.07.18, 01:13

ordered film.

Can I link to this miracle?
can
Therefore, I had to hybridize and use microsd as a disk for

And how about speed?

Posted on 07/27/2018, 01:14:

* snyper,
Well, I bought it, I could not activate it in any way. As a result, I could do it according to that instruction, but I put the key on another laptop))

Posted on 07/27/2018, 01:16:

* snyper,
I don’t know, sort of, it worked for me
Attached Image

of course it is possible

I did not notice the difference in speed, but I have not tested it yet.
For a long time I was looking for the TTX of a card reader, tormented support, eventually found disappointing numbers - something in the region of 80mb (read at best 60), but still put the Extim mikruhu while the flight was normal. the only minus is that you need to accustom to stick it up in the cover, otherwise it snaps and falls out.

strange, you have some kind of enchanted one)
I have the opposite - according to the fake instructions, but ibey the first time everything is ok.

Post has been editedsnyper - 27.07.18, 01:24

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/12/19, 06:50