Nikon 1 AW1 | Nikon Series 1 Mirrorless Camera

Rep: (5)
Nikon 1 mirrorless camera with 1 "sensor.

Features:
- 14.2 MP CMOS sensor 13.2 x 8.8 mm
- Lens with 2.5x magnification and 3.5 aperture.
- Serial shooting at a speed of 60 frames / s to 20 frames of full resolution.
- Three seconds of video shooting 640x360 400 frames / s and 320x120 1200 frames / s.

Why am I interested in this device? Firstly, high-speed photo and video shooting. Secondly, a minimum of megapixels from the entire line. Thirdly, since 2011 Nikon has just stopped making digital dust boxes, it makes no sense to purchase them. Security is a nice bonus for me, my device has already sailed. Well, I bought it for 60% of the cost, and if you focus on the branded price, then generally at half price.

From personal impressions, photo processing in the device is quite satisfactory, but a powerful processor quickly eats up the battery. Yes, there is progress, the device still surpassed in detail the Nikon Coolpix L14 stolen from me. On a software machine, it inflates ISO, although in the range of ISO160-800 it photographs satisfactorily. The video codec, unlike the Nikon Coolpix P300, does not spoil the small details, you can completely disassemble the clips in frames.
The matrix is ​​quite noisy, although RAWTherapie allows you to stretch better quality than the in-chamber jeep.

I will add that with the development of noise reduction systems for digital dust boxes, apparently, when designing matrices, they rely on noise reduction results, in addition, matrices are optimized for high ISO values, and from this all the achievements of technology progress are reduced to zero.

By the way, it turns out when printing pictures with a resolution of "indistinguishable from photo paper" 600 dpi, the print size of 14.2MP comes out at the level of 19.5x13 cm :)

Rep: (91)
If anything, printing on photomachines goes at a resolution of 300 DPI. And an inch sensor for $ 1000, well, FIG knows, we could already put APS-C.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/17/19, 18:40