> Attention!

We strongly recommend to readRules section "Android - firmware"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Custom Kernels

Rep: (2590)
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 - custom kernels
PictureXiaomi Mi Max 2 (oxygen)
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Power consumption (autonomy) пїЅ | Modification and decorations пїЅ | Mi Account пїЅ | Unlocking XIAOMI bootloaders пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Unofficial firmware пїЅ | Custom kernels пїЅ

Attention !

About custom kernels
The kernel is the heart of the operating system, it controls the entire operation of the device. Since all devices have their own hardware set, the manufacturer also assembles the cores in accordance with the requirements of a specific device. Some kernels can be installed in the original firmware, but this is still not recommended.

What can a non-standard kernel give to the user? Manage power and frequency of the processor and video chip, updated drivers, manage the Dalvik virtual machine, the ability to customize the sound and operation of the screen, its color reproduction, sensitivity, add support for non-standard external devices.
Until now, many users are dissatisfied with the time of active work of their devices based on Android OS, with the help of a properly configured kernel it will be possible to extend this period by several hours without consequences for the device. Or with negative consequences - in the case of an incorrect setting.

Before you install an alternative kernel, you should carefully examine all its pros and cons, reviews of other people who have used it, you may receive new glitches and problems in the operating system. It may well happen that you flush the wrong version or the developer (do not forget: the same enthusiast, not a graduate) will make a mistake - this way you can ruin even the hardware hardware. Repairs may be costly or impractical.
Kernels
Useful

Post has been editeddestroyer71 - 06.01.19, 05:54

Rep: (51)
The kernel for miui, I did not put it myself, according to reviews it works
Miui custom kernel
Feature
-added electron cpu gov for balance of battery life and performance
-cpu oc to 2.4ghz
-gpu oc to 855mhz
-added adreno boost
-added cpu boost
-upstreamed to 3.18.102

Attached files

Attached filebaka_060618005815.zip(12.52 MB)
Attached fileDarkness_Control-v666 (1011) _050618231458.apk(2.78 MB)

Post has been editedTyas123 - 06.06.18, 06:35

Rep: (1032)
* Tyas123 , works on miui (I have 8.3.1 from Grishan. On custom 7.1, it may also work if I replace the modules (mainly - wifi).
Overclock - the system works stably, chased the benchmarks one by one, no problems. The performance gain is not very big, but there is.
Geekbench
Attached Image

With max 2 max, there are only two upper values, lower ones are the tests from the first max max on the Snapdragon 652.

3DMark - Slingshot Extreme
Attached Image

Post has been editedMakshow - 06.06.18, 10:05

* Makshow Yes, the increase is small. I wonder how it will affect the autonomy

Tyas123 @ 6.06.18, 9:51*
Makshow, yes, the gain is small. I wonder how it will affect the autonomy

I tested it for four hours so far, and I will say that if you leave the core as it is, out of the box, then it affects the autonomy badly. For the first half hour of the screen, the phone burned 8% of the battery (in the browser over 3G, the screen brightness is 100% - I'm on the street).
But there in the core in the kit there is a electron governor. It turned out to be very good, no brakes, made on the basis of interactive, and tuned to energy saving, but at the same time it is not afraid to set the maximum frequency when necessary. While I really like it, perhaps energy saving of even 5% will be better than on the drain.
Attached Image

Attached Image

If the processor has a stock core, it spends most of its time at 1,400 MHz and 2,000 MHz, but here, without a touchbus, the most used frequencies are two minimum.

Put hardrock v5 on aex nougat. Now the speakers are confused, the sound is flat. It is strange.

Rep: (0)
* Makshow , I expected more growth in terms of graphics, the frequency in OS mode is 850Mhz with runoff 650, and when running the tests the difference is in the error range, processor overclocking is not so interesting, to drive the a53 cores is something else, at the expense of energy saving everything seems to be the same.

* 05metalkorn05 maybe fake overclocking.
Quote from the zenfone 2 theme from the person who makes custom kernels
Since the moderator deleted my nightly posts with evidence of fake overclocking, I could not resist and did this version with overclocking to 5000 MHz

* Tyas123 , Adreno, in principle, do not chase, I have a few impressions on the topics of overclocking, including flagships like 821. But the fact that the processor has become faster is a fact, albeit not by 20%, but by 6%. I can still get rid of the antitu ...
However, I liked so much the disconnection of the touchscreen and the thrifty electron governor that I will now use this core on an ongoing basis. I did not find any bugs for the day of the test.

Rep: (0)
* Tyas123 I also tend to this, I will give an example of two processors snapdragon 625 and snapdragon 630, the graphics in them are adreno 506 and 508, respectively, but this is the same graphic subsystem it has the same number of ALUs "96", and the difference is in the frequency, in 506 it is 650Mhz, and in 508 850Mhz, this difference gives an additional 40Glops, "130Gflops-506 and 170Gflops at 508" it turns out that 508 is overclocked 506, in our case, the test runs showed almost identical values, I will not say anything to the Geekbench processor I gave an error, I certainly allow overclocking at 20% of default, but if you look at the flagship snapdragon 845, then Mpano asus in your gaming smartphone "on selected" ie chips are the most stable and able to squeeze gonibelnye + 5% to the frequencies. There is something to think about.

Rep: (40)
* Makshow,
Good day, how to disable the touchscreen? , electron is happy as an elephant, firmware miuipro 8.4.26

* yevgeniy78 , I understand that on this core, it is basically off, as opposed to the drain, which forcibly sets the frequency to 1400 when touched.

Rep: (40)
So I think it's much better, poking at the screen and the frequency on the chart does not jump up, thanks

Rep: (150)
I put myself this core (tank) to try. But did not see the memory card. I stitched back the core of the developer - I saw the card. The devil knows what it is and how to overcome it. Anybody had no similar trabl?

* partola1,
card in exfat?

* partola1,
card in exfat?

Probably formatted in the phone.

* partola1 Most likely there is no exfat support in the kernel.

Brad. How can you save large files? Haha such a core, if the stock supports, but it is not.

Rep: (98)
The people of Soryan for a stupid question how to back up the stock core, in which case, to return to it.

Rep: (175)
The people of Soryan for a stupid question how to back up the stock core, in which case, to return to it.

In twrp, make a boot and system backup.

Post has been editedsanek-creed - 07.06.18, 20:34

Yes, but the map should be seen in the devices so that it can be formatted in the phone in a format that is supported. And it is not visible anywhere. Samsung 64 gb Strange is all.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 06/28/19, 15:55