Messages 2211
Check in: 15.05.11
Lenovo Vibe X3

Xiaomi Mi Drone - Modding
Modding� | Discussion | Purchase and accessories |

Attached Image

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Device photos
Attached Image
Device description
Quadcopter Xiaomi Mi Drone is a high quality product. The drone is ready to fly out of the box without reference to the experience of owning a UAV. The main purpose of the quad is a high-quality photo and video shooting.
Device characteristics
GPS: GPS / Glonass
FPV: Wi-Fi
The function "return home": there is
Function “Distance control”: yes
Maximum flight range (1080r / 4K): 1/4 km.
"Hold height" mode: yes
AV Signal Frequency: Wi-Fi network
Radio signal frequency 1080 / 4K: 2.4 / 5 GHz
Transmitter power supply: 3.7V, 5000mAh, 18.5Wh, LiPo
Transmitter weight: 500rp.
FPV display: any gadget on Android
Drone Battery Type: 4S, 15.2V, 5100mAh, 77.52Wh, LiPo
Flight time: up to 27 minutes
Maximum speed: up to 16 m / s
Maximum lifting speed: up to 6 m / s
Maximum lifting height: 500 m
Autonomous flight modes: Flying by points / around the object / returning home
Motors: BC 2212 800kv
Drone backlight: LED on each beam of the drone
Charging time: 1.5 hours
Drone without battery weight: 670 gr.
Drone dimensions: 310 x 380 x53mm
Flight Environment: Indoor / Outdoor

Useful

This topic is discussed only modding Xiaomi Mi Drone

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedZlisten - 13.03.19, 16:51
Reason for editing: minor changes in design
kolurpa
Message#42
15.06.18, 09:33
Local
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 122
Check in: 11.04.17

Tell me, is two bottles per side the necessary minimum for positive buoyancy?

From the photo you can see that the cylinders sink a little more than half.
Therefore, I think it is impossible to find a bottle of the required length so that it normally holds the weight.
I think we should try the foam. Pick up size for optimal buoyancy.

Saperkalor @ 06/15/18 09:40*
The floats on the midrone are needed not for landing on water, but for crashing.

I will make a one-piece mounting ring, but then I will have to select the bank exactly according to diameter.
When falling, it will rather tear off the chassis than the drone will remain floating.
no spray there

In general, to each his own. Someone will be like a chassis to use) someone as a life jacket does not interfere with one another.
Saperkalor
Message#43
15.06.18, 09:59
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1186
Check in: 21.02.18

Tear off. Let be. But you go the other way. Simply tie the necks of the bottles with a strong 3mm cord. Then even tearing off the legs of the bottle will remain connected by one chain and will not allow the drone to go to the bottom. Safety net. The main purpose of the floats is crash. And only as a last resort - a landing. Waves are no joke. Even small waves turn over the drone, because it is not a ship, the drone's center of gravity is higher than the floats. Those who fly over the sea will need such a mod. And with a tracker inside the floats. Otherwise it makes no sense - in the sea, a drone without a tracker is not found.
By the way, the easiest way to protect against drowning is to fly over water with a 2l plastic bottle. On the cord about 3 meters. Cord 3-4mm to withstand the winding props with more beautiful. Then, even with the strongest impact on the water, the drone will not sink - a float in the form of a bottle will keep it from falling to the bottom. And in the very bottle on the bottom to place the tracker. When he is more beautiful he will be above water and will not lose touch Cheap and angry. I flew with the flag, ok. And the bottle has even less air resistance. And if you do not lower the camera to minus 90, then it is not visible in the frame, when moving forward, the cord deflects backward air flow.

Post has been editedSaperkalor - 15.06.18, 11:06
kostyamat
Message#44
16.06.18, 20:39
Solver of others problems
[offline]

Messages 3423
Check in: 07.11.09
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

I now figured the carrot to the nose, and even the energy efficiency of the drone was very disappointing. The drones that are commensurate with it, on batteries 3S and capacities of 3200-4000mA, fly the same time and at a much higher speed.
The engines of the drone are clearly not the most effective, although the quality and balancing is quite self. But it seems to me that if you buy engines more efficiently, with bent magnets, with a KV of about 900, put the screws on for long years, and REDUCE the weight of the battery (there are already such, with graphene for example, or titanium oxide), you can dramatically increase the flight time . It is stupid to make another battery on top, making a pregnant cow out of a drone, is definitely not an option. This is of course nonsense, but if there is a possibility and an extra battery controller, then you can simply try to install more modern banks, and even slightly reduce their volume, say up to 4000mA. At the same time get an increase in flight time by the same 50%, due to less weight. We have a drone mi battery weight more than 50% of the flight.

Selection of a battery for self-assembled long-distance flights is a whole art, and often a decrease in battery leads to an increase in flight time.

But, IMHO, this is all bullshit, the whole collective farm is not for the world. In addition to the tracker and fashion antennas / reflectors, of course. Mi drone is a complete device in itself.
If your hands itch, buy for $ 200 Aosenma GC35-37 without a camera and suspension, hang a good two / three axial gimbal, and an inexpensive camera, such as Firefly 8s - get analogue drone, and with dynamic RTSH, and with a fowlm, and a bunch of others gadgets, and even two PWM channels from the console to control the gimbal and camera right on the carcass under the belly. And most importantly - penny batteries, of any kind and quality.

But the quality of performance there and near was not hezalo with Xiaomi Mi Dron. No need to screw holes in the mydron, pliz. This is a drono-iphone.
All personal IMHO.

Post has been editedkostyamat - 16.06.18, 20:55

--------------------
TVBoxs:MINIX Neo X5.Smart:OnePlus One CM12.1S (root + TWRP)The tablet:CHUWI Vi8 Win / RemixOS (root + TWRP-SE)
OpenMediaVault (NAS) on the Allwinner A10 mediabox
Saperkalor
Message#45
16.06.18, 20:55
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1186

Well, graphene and nanotechnology, for now, let our Skolkovo "develop".) Now there is a simpler task - to put into action locked batteries. Which people have accumulated a lot. With 50% flight time supplement. This has long been done on phantoms and Mavik. We, midronovody, clearly lagging behind.
GONZA_Man
Message#46
16.06.18, 21:11
User
[offline]

Messages 64
Check in: 08.10.08
Xiaomi Mi 5c

The drones that are commensurate with it, on batteries 3S and capacities of 3200-4000mA, fly the same time and at a much higher speed.

This is where you found it?
I competed with dji mavic pro.
He does not fly faster than MiDroshi.
And in the distance they no longer fly like that ...
Range (in the fields) does not go far. Returns earlier than me, because it screams about the return due to the "short distance home" ....
In my ATTI mode, he can't catch up with me in his sport mode ...
Checked more than once ...

Post has been editedGONZA_Man - 16.06.18, 21:14

--------------------
Don't worry, be happy! Now!
kostyamat
Message#47
17.06.18, 00:14
[offline]

Messages 3423
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

* GONZA_ManOh well.
You with unlocked Mavikom compete. )) Yes, I'm not talking about Mavik at all, Mavik has a very developed sense of self-preservation. Although after the unlock it is sharply dulled.
I'm talking about the overall energy efficiency: (3.7x4) x5.2 = 76.96Watt / h in the battery - Tesla C is more than half a kilometer enough to drive.
In Mavik, 42.5 Watt / h - flies a little longer, or equivalently, all other things being equal. The flight weight of Mavik is lower (the battery is two times lighter), but all of it is lighter not twice, and a pair of motor-propeller is definitely more optimal. Do not forget that we have a flight attendant relatively weak and low-rough, and Mavik has a flight tracker on Linux and with a powerful AWP core (we also have an AWP, but very basic, therefore there is no "computer vision" like Mavik) Vintoplyukh is to cool the FC, and the transmitter on board is more powerful, which again is a current consumer.

Conclusion: the energy efficiency of Mavik is at least twice as high.

Again, I did not start a conversation about Mavik, but since he was taken for comparison, the conclusions are like this. All pure IMHO.

Post has been editedkostyamat - 17.06.18, 01:06

--------------------
TVBoxs:MINIX Neo X5.Smart:OnePlus One CM12.1S (root + TWRP)The tablet:CHUWI Vi8 Win / RemixOS (root + TWRP-SE)
Saperkalor
Message#48
17.06.18, 03:18
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1186

Life hacking for those who have the suspension died, but the camera works.)
Attached Image

Post has been editedSaperkalor - 17.06.18, 03:18
kolurpa
Message#49
19.06.18, 21:51
Local
[offline]

Messages 122

Saperkalor @ 06/12/18, 01:53*
There is a discussion on how to print the crowns under the gopro for our drone It will be a very useful thing.

He began the development of an adapter plate for attaching any other cameras to the Mishka's own vibration isolator.
At the moment in the form of a cylinder with 4 M3 holes for mounting the suspension or something else.
Let it be for now. After an hour of testing.
Attached Image

Version 1 and 2 did not fit. Shrinkage of the plastic during the cooling of all spoiled.
Work continues.

Version 3 is coming !!!!
Result)))
Attached Image

Attached Image

Now to you a question: What fastening attach to the adapter plate ????
(you can make holes for M3 bolts or print and glue an adapter for gopro)

Post has been editedkolurpa - 20.06.18, 21:51
kostyamat
Message#50
20.06.18, 22:22
[offline]

Messages 3423
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

* kolurpa,Listen, and what thread is the reinforcement for the neck of the suspension (where it breaks most often) with a protective shelf under the camera (such as a bumper when landing) could be made?

Well, his nafig, this goupro, more expensive than the mother will cost. Better under Firefly 8s. Here there is a topic for it, you can ask the sizes there. Excellent camera for your money, not worse than the native 4K writes, and everything else. It can be controlled remotely, and analog output + WiFi broadcast are available.
If you are very interested in this, you can try a mechanism of some kind, develop a 9g machine so that the camera can go up / down. I pledge a separate radio control to develop on Arduino and nRF24L01 for this case. I will do three channels for ppm standard, with the ability to control the camera (on / off recording, photos) and two / three axial suspension of the type
2 Axis Brushless Gimbal Frame 2208 Motors BGC Flight Controller for Gopro 3 4 Xiaomi Xiaoyi SJ4000 Camera FPV RTF DIY Drone
http: //s.aliexpress.co…z6b? fromSns = Copycan do this gimbal fasteners.

Post has been editedkostyamat - 20.06.18, 22:36

--------------------
Saperkalor
Message#51
20.06.18, 22:32
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1186

* kolurpa,
Super! The site is also under the four points of fasteners. 10m thick. I think enough. And in the test. Check on fpv camera. Choose the option where there will be less vibration.
Alex_959
Message#52
21.06.18, 15:20
Local
[offline]

Messages 261
Check in: 17.09.14

Now to you a question: What fastening attach to the adapter plate ????

I have an action video cameraSony HDR-AS200V
shoots well, you could try to fly with it.
Elementary fastening on 1 bolt
Attached Image
Attached Image
Saperkalor
Message#53
21.06.18, 18:10
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1186

This is a photo mounts. Bolt is one, but he is cunning. It has a large diameter and from scrolling the camera there is a fixative in the form of a rubber gasket glued on the counterpart of the mount. Otherwise, the camera will spin in the air due to vibrations. And the most difficult thing is to fit the head of this bolt from the side of the drone. So that you can turn your hand and so that it does not interfere with the installation in the drone. Knurled and large head there. Here are the difficulties.
The usual clip in a frame-suspension is much easier. Or how I have FPV with its own bracket from a metal letter U.
kostyamat
Message#54
21.06.18, 19:59
[offline]

Messages 3423
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Prime

* kolurpa, * SaperkalorI think this developmenthttps://www.thingiverse.com/thing:185660It will be for us at the time, just a little tweak under our drone, and the candy will come out.

As promised above, radio-controlled, for two kilometers, I will do electronics for it. Provided that if I get it myself. (I think so). Servies for this business need to take the "metal gear", at the bangood there is € 9 for 4-re. They rotate softer. Weighing should try to do so that the servos were not overloaded in one vector, it is still not beskorectornye motors. The better the center of mass is adjusted on the serf shaft, the faster and softer they turn. Ideally, you can get smoothness is not much worse than the native suspension.
It will be necessary immediately to provide a stand for arduino nano + nRF24L01 and some kind of dc-dc converter on 5v 2a. Better somewhere between the vibrator and the lower mounting of the suspension itself. I can give the size of the ploat and the optimal layout.

Post has been editedkostyamat - 21.06.18, 20:14

--------------------
Saperkalor
Message#55
22.06.18, 02:40
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1186

While thinking about the suspension early. Tomorrow I pick up my FPV kit from the post office. And try to fly. It is a pity that kulurpa does not live in my city. Do not check his printouts with this fpv.
kolurpa
Message#56
22.06.18, 22:11
Local
[offline]

Messages 122

What fastener attach to the adapter plate ????

In general, all 3 options can be implemented)
1) for 4 screws m3
2) an adapter for direct mounting gopro
3) a recess under the head of the screw which will be covered with a plate on top.

I hope to get the weekend and finish the water landing gear.
Saperkalor
Message#57
23.06.18, 01:00
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1186

Put it just on the cover. Tomorrow I'll fly, check it out. The transmitter on 600 MW, should be enough for km.
Attached Image

Attached Image

And take on glasses.
Attached Image
Saperkalor
Message#58
23.06.18, 06:09
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1186

That was the first flight with an external camera with a transmitter and glasses.
Results. At the minimum frequency of points (5645 MHz) already at a distance of 30m there was a disconnect and the drone did rtsh. That is, the transmitter FPV scored the control signal of the Midron. But when I, on the contrary, set the maximum frequency (5945), the control worked perfectly, there was no longer any self-interference. Naturally, these problems would not be if I had glasses at 2.4 GHz, not 5.8 But what is that is.
About vibrations. They were significantly less than when flying with a standard camera, the suspension of which does not work and was fixed with scotch tape. That is, the farther and harder the camera is, the stronger it is swinging on the dampers. In this case, even a direct attachment to the drone through the plug reduces vibrations (I placed the crown on several layers of double-sided tape, but this is a weak damper).
Here is a photo of the experience.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

P.S. Experience fully confirms these frequencies with the specification:
"5.18-5.24 GHz 190.1 mW --->telemetry
5.745-5.825 GHz 177.4 mW --->FPV ".

Post has been editedSaperkalor - 23.06.18, 07:29
mixir
Message#59
23.06.18, 10:24
Local
[offline]

Messages 300
Check in: 25.05.10
Thl 5000

* Saperkalor,

Digital fpv not consider? I understand that the analog delays are minimal, but we do not have a drone flight, and you can add a number, then it will fly off to 600mv>6 km with hdlink

--------------------
All-metal, stylish, silent.
Saperkalor
Message#60
23.06.18, 10:40
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1186

Not yet. This will require pinout loop suspension. What a dark forest. For now, the task is simply to make a compact FPV for flights where 4k is not needed. FPV, which is not a pity to break. After two broken cameras, I had a great desire in this. While he still ordered the third for 17t.r. The price of this FPV -
camera + transmitter = 2-3t.r. Exactly what you need.
By the way, a nice bonus is the presence of a small telemetry in such budget vr - it shows the supply voltage of the midrone. Yes, and the audio channel can be made (there is output on the camera, input on the transmitter and upgrade points for connecting headphones and recording audio to a video file).

Post has been editedSaperkalor - 23.06.18, 10:42
mixir
Message#61
23.06.18, 13:34
Local
[offline]

Messages 300
Check in: 25.05.10
Thl 5000

* Saperkalor,
I meant fpv based on ez wifibroadcast with connection to a laptop. No unpacking of the drone is needed there.

For money, the camera will come out, 2 wifi adapters plus two raspberries. Although it may be the first raspberry to do. In total, all of course more expensive than analog FPV but maintainable and can be tuned until blue. You can try and wind up the suspension with a connection to the midron, control the suspension through the right twist

Post has been editedmixir - 23.06.18, 13:55

--------------------
All-metal, stylish, silent.

16 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/19/19, 02:11