Choosing a budget reader

Rep: (305)
Before that readers never enjoyed reading on the phone, it is not very convenient. There was a desire to take the e-mail. book.
In principle, I read a little bit (1-2 hour 1-2 days). Budget about 200 Belarusian rubles. rubles. (≈100 $). And whether it is necessary to look in the direction of b / a?
Pricing and Availability -catalog.onliner.by

Post has been editedKonstantin Kress - 25.05.18, 21:59

Rep: (152)
Good day.

Of the criteria - price alone? Read planning fiction or even PDF, DJVU, Office documents?

Konstantin Kress @ 25/05/18, 21:59*
whether it is necessary to look in the direction of b / a?

You can see it completely. The question of what is available at the moment ... Sometimes you can find good deals.

* ONYX Russia Mainly FB2, ePub, PDF, can be mobi and DjVu. The main criterion - the price

Post has been editedKonstantin Kress - 26.05.18, 09:39

Rep: (622)
* Konstantin Kress, for pdf / djvu reader to e-Inc bad fit, you need a tablet. if not lazy and read some forum, you would see that this topic was discussed here a little more than overdohrena times. if you focus on text formats, from the quality, but more expensive nemnogl - Kindl no backlight and no steam fb2 / epub, and mobi download immediately. maybe there is something in poketbuka in this category, but they do not read mobi.
well, the Chinese lottery in cheap electronic gadgets and subsequent intricate sex with glitches software and clumsy iron.

Stopkin @ 26.05.18, 11:36*
Kindl
whether to chase the latest generation Kindle?

Konstantin Kress, in relation to the Kindle at all - the latest generation automatically means a fresh battery. because if the price is not significantly different / not different, I would take more than a new device.
and so ...
generation of the cheapest Kindle, without light, it seems to me, is different only the body, the screen is the same. Paperwhite, in zavismosti from generation gets more screen resolution. new oasis got a big screen, but it is too distracting for voiced budget.
I personally difference in resolution is unimportant, since vision is not ice, but the light - a good thing. but the lights still costs money - PW, if you believe the link above, you appreciate a half times more than the amount announced by.

Konstantin Kress @ 05/26/18, 9:25*
mainly FB2, ePub, PDF, can be mobi and DjVu. The main criterion - the price

Alternatively you can look Onyx Boox James Cook - it is in Belarus is worth a little more than 200 rubles.
Kindle will cost at least a little more expensive, but what is in the area of ​​220-230 rubles - a Pearl screen, 800 * 600 pixels; at the Onyx Boox James Cook screen Carta (resolution of the same, but the new generation is more, with greater contrast).

DJVU and PDF will be able to comfortably read clearly not in all cases.

Stopkin @ 26.05.18, 11:36*
There's something in poketbuka in this category, but they do not read mobi.

Readers PocketBook read MOBI and other above-mentioned formats.
Readers Onyx Boox also read MOBI and other above-mentioned formats.
Kindle without conversion of the above formats only reads MOBI and PDF.

* Konstantin Kress, Basic model of PocketBook'ov 3 can see. He, like the Onyx Boox James Cook, Carta screen, and the price in Belarus is about the same.

ONYX Russia, you have ever read on RV mobi, or just read in the characteristics?

Stopkin @ 26.05.18, 22:08*
you have ever read on RV mobi, or just read in the characteristics?

Good day.

I do not remember exactly - has long PocketBook'a not. Possible and try to have fun. And that, in fact, do not open MOBI files to PocketBook Reader or read like something bad?

About Onyx Boox I can say for sure - MOBI opened, you can read.

ONYX Russia @ 28.05.18, 20:52*
long time no PocketBook'a
similarly. Only I know that his PB 301 mobi I did not try to open it. but I did not say nothing about reading mobi on RV, because they do not know. You also have the liberty, therefore, I asked.
5 years ago, even before the war, I tried on some of teksetov friend - the files were read incorrectly. but it was 5 years ago and it was tekset. not an indication of either side. Although reading this format out of the box stated.
regards onyx - in the same pen / modified AlReader, and he copes with mobi how pomnyu.0
so I'm on the subject, and did not ask.

* ONYX Russia, I do not know if now something has changed, but - PocketBook 626 (Post vadeus # 41942601)

Rep: (235)
Stopkin @ 26.05.18, 19:21*
but the light - a good thing. but the lights still costs money

And conversely, I fear that soon there will be readers without backlight. As they say, Kalabukhov house. Personally I am comparing the screen of the old Nuka NST readers without backlight with two extra layers of pearl - light and capacitive. They footy screens compared to pure pearl in Nuka.
Even one layer significantly spoil the screen - put beside Zeus Onyx or Onyx NUS NST with Moby Dick - immediately noticeable difference is not in favor of Moby Dick.
In Moby-Dick, one additional layer - light, infrared sensors there.

I am therefore very surprising that many of the backlight is advised.
I would on the contrary, to pay extra for the absence of highlights and a capacitive layer.
For me, the ideal reader - card with an infrared sensor without illumination.

PS Of course, I compared with the backlight off. If the backlight is on, the substrate appears white, bright screen. A backlight without screens in such readers turbid.
I think that's why people read backlit day.

Post has been editedYuri2000 - 23.08.18, 21:45

Rep: (45)
Yuri2000 @ 23.08.18, 21:43*
And conversely, I fear that soon there will be readers without backlight. As they say, Kalabukhov house. Personally I am comparing the screen of the old Nuka NST readers without backlight with two extra layers of pearl - light and capacitive.

Well, in the absence of the capacitive layer of the situation it was, would probably better. Also looking for first normal device without sensor (but with a backlight, as for example, when you walk in the winter after work with a stroller, you know how much this feature is useful (do not stay the same all the time under the lantern)) and Cesar oniksovsky 2 shows the approximate the fact that it is necessary, but too ... You're zhruschey, poketbuki 615/616, but they paging buttons below, which is less convenient than on the side. By the way, 614 and the backlight is not just how you like it;).
Yuri2000 @ 23.08.18, 21:43*
I think that's why people read backlit day.

I think just chasing a beautiful white background. Never afternoon Backlit not read. Something did not notice that the light makes the text clearer. Rather, on the contrary ... In general, all eyes are different, to each his own ...

tugrikkk @ 24.08.18, 00:13*
Auger sought initially normal device without sensor (but with a backlight, as for example, when you walk in the winter after work with a stroller, you know how much this is helpful

Yes, the need for the backlight depends on the scenario of using the reader. Someone, for example, takes the reader hiking and fishing, night lighting in a tent there, and I want to read.
Or someone who likes to read at night, when the family was asleep in the room.

And someone's different at night sleeps, reads when there is ambient light - daylight or light Ilyich, to work riding the subway, where good lighting, etc.

So I do not use a backlight, only I read in the light, but it is the contrast I reduce (by Moby). That is, in this case, it is undesirable.
A normal readers without backlight anymore. We have Onyx James Cook, the screen without additional layers, but the entry-level reader and without the sensor, with the android is inconvenient.

I think just chasing a beautiful white background. Never afternoon Backlit not read. Something did not notice that the light makes the text clearer. Rather, on the contrary ... In general, all eyes are different, to each his own ...

I've seen readers with two additional layers and compared with the reader with a normal screen. Their screens were quite muddy when the backlight is off, I would not have to read this.

Post has been editedYuri2000 - 24.08.18, 08:41

oniksovsky Cesar 2 shows an exemplary order that is necessary, but too ... You're zhruschey, poketbuki 615/616, but they paging buttons below, which is less convenient than on the side. By the way, 614 and the backlight is not just how you like it;).

Who cares, once a month charge or once every two weeks? Moreover, with such dominance reader with marketing tricks type backlight, etc.

In Pocket no android.
Since I have POCKET history of relations is not very.

I wondered, could buy the same James Cook until there.
After all, in fact, the reader needs to read. Once downloaded the book, navigation buttons, and then press the button and turn the pages)))
A good read on the screen nicer than just be aware that your reader "all the latest technology" - backlighting capacitive layer, and what else will come up)) in the future)
So, on the one hand I have a few readers, and on the other hand, a normal uncomplicated screen may cease to produce.
At Onyx, of course, a lot of flaws - raw firmware, low autonomy, etc.
But it is quite possible to read ...

Yuri2000 @ 24.08.18, 08:20*
I've seen readers with two additional layers and compared with the reader with a normal screen. Their screens were quite muddy when the backlight is off, I would not have to read this.

Maybe it was in the reader itself? In my family there are two additional readers. layers from Kobo, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Pocketbook. None of these screens are not muddy.
In my old Pocketbook 301 without. layers screen was noticeably worse, though, at the time, it was one of the best readers.

Yuri2000 @ 24.08.18, 08:37*
Who cares, once a month charge or once every two weeks?

In case there is more Onyx every week (if not more). If, for example, to go hiking - it is unacceptable, and for the city, of course, is not such a big difference (Pocket me at one time spoiled and when I was presented with the Gmini, which had to be charged on a weekly basis, even if it is simply blocked (because in simple as well as Onyx, he is also quite noticeable there, and completely turn it off each time is inconvenient, because the turns on for a long time (plus it has the Chinese discovered prenepreyatneyshaya feature after turning off sometimes forget in reading a book), I hate this feature like (to rum smartphones that book should be charged not forget) was needed to remember).

In Pocket no android.

But there is Linux, which is also possible that not be set. Android have Nukov, with much better than the Onyx He finished, so not eating so the battery.

At Onyx, of course, a lot of flaws - raw firmware, low autonomy, etc.
But it is quite possible to read ...

That's your business. I Gmini suffer, no longer want such ... Although, Onyx may not be the way it started. All the same, a decent producer is considered to be, but I did not, so I can not say for sure ... I was stopped in the main power (constructively Onyx I quite like). I do not want to charge the reader often. Accustomed to that normal readers - long-lasting.

tugrikkk @ 24.08.18, 23:10*
Maybe it was in the reader itself? In my family there are two additional readers. layers from Kobo, Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Pocketbook. None of these screens are not muddy.

When you look at the reader, it seems that it should be. Problems arise when you start to compare with a normal screen. Here I put side by side, for example, Onyx Moby Dick and the Nook NST. The difference is noticeable. And as with the Nook compared glowliht + - generally a nightmare.

PS I should add a word footy can not always fit here. Just less contrast, not so white substrate, etc.
At the time, my first Pocket 301+ me too "dull" did not appear, but now, in comparison with Nukom NST - none at all. I also compared them side by side for the same coverage)
Just an old eink and quality Perl, of course, do not compare.

But there is Linux, which is also possible that not be set. Android have Nukov, with much better than the Onyx He finished, so not eating so the battery.

Anything, what's this? For example, Kulrider?

Although, Onyx may not be the way it started. All the same, a decent producer is considered to be, but I did not, so I can not say for sure ...

No problem! I just need a model with Carta, an infrared sensor, and without light. And immediately buy. But somehow increase the Onyx features begins with the lighting, not the infrared sensor. After James Cook next tricked by a backlight, but does not have a sensor.

Post has been editedYuri2000 - 12.09.18, 08:36

Yuri2000 @ 12.09.18, 07:11*
Anything, what's this? For example, Kulrider?

Yes, him too.

Yuri2000 @ 12.09.18, 07:11*
I just need a model with Carta, an infrared sensor, and without light.

Here, unfortunately, not particularly choose. Manufacturers are trying to make the most versatile models. Sam would prefer that not be the most compact with the screen 7,8 "e-ink Carta, backlit (frequent use), but, on the contrary, without the sensor layer (not like him more + prevents the above-described reduction in contrast due to which initially observed the ONYX BOOX Caesar 2 (stopped for a relatively small reader runtime)).

Here I gave a link to a review and photos from this reviewBarnes & Noble NOOK (The Simple Touch Reader) (Post Yuri2000 # 76346805)
In the photo on the right is the easiest Onyx - James Cook without additional layers, it has no backlight, no sensor, and the left - Kleopatora 3 with all the bells and whistles.
Even the photo shows that the James Cook's screen is much whiter and brighter.

Rep: (724)
Yuri2000 @ 12.09.18, 09:33*
Right easiest Onyx - James Cook without additional layers, it has no backlight, no sensor, and the left - Kleopatora 3 with all the bells and whistles.
Even the photo shows that the James Cook's screen is much whiter and brighter.

And anything that compared different screen resolution and pixel density, respectively? Maybe the difference in "whiteness" of the screen, and in this, too, and not only in dop.sloyah? Moreover, the reviewhttps://superg.ru/revi...-onyx-boox-james-cook/where you took the photo, on the other photographs Cook why white is not as the one where a number of Cleo? The light is bad or just not have photoshop? Strangely it all.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 12/06/19, 12:44