Asus RT-AC5300 - discussion | [wifirouter] [wifirouter]: 802.11a: 6.9,12,18,24,36,48,54 Mbps / 802.

Rep: (147)
Asus RT-AC5300 - discussion пїЅ

Attached Image

Description
802.11ac Wi-Fi Tri-Band Router

High total Wi-Fi wireless throughput - up to 5334 Mbps
Broadcom NitroQAM technology for improved data transfer speeds
Work in three frequency ranges at the same time
Tri-Band Smart Connect technology automatically selects the optimal Wi-Fi frequency range for each client device
Antenna configuration - 4x4, beamforming technology AiRadar
Channel bonding technology allows you to transfer data over a wired network at speeds up to 2 Gbps
MU-MIMO technology
AiProtection Information Security System with Trend Micro Module
Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Specifications
Network standards
IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11ac, IPv4, IPv6

Product category
AC5300 ultimate AC performance: 1000 + 2167 + 2167 Mbps

Wi-Fi coverage - Very large homes

Data transfer rate
802.11a: 6,9,12,18,24,36,48,54 Mbps
802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps
802.11g: 6,9,12,18,24,36,48,54 Mbps
802.11n: up to 600 Mbps
802.11ac: up to 1734 Mbps
1024QAM (2.4GHz): up to 1000 Mbps
1024QAM (5GHz): up to2167 Mbps

Antennas
External antenna x 8

Transmit / Receive
MIMO technology
2.4 GHz 4 x 4
5 GHz-1 4 x 4
5 GHz-2 4 x 4

RAM
128 MB Flash
512 MB RAM

Wi-Fi Technology
Beamforming: standard-based and universal
1024-QAM high data rate
20/40/80 MHz bandwidth

Operating frequency
2.4G Hz, 5 GHz-1, 5 GHz-2

Encryption
64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, Radius with 802.1x, WPS support

Firewall and Access Control
Firewall пјљ SPI intrusion detection, DoS protection
Access control пјљ Parental control, Network service filter, URL filter, Port filter

Administration
UPnP, IGMP v1 / v2 / v3, DNS Proxy, DHCP, SNMP, NTP Client, DDNS, Port Trigger, Virtual Server, DMZ, System Event Log

WAN Connection Type
Internet connection type: Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE (MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP

Connectors
RJ45 for 10/100/1000 BaseT for WAN x 1, RJ45 for 10/100/1000 / Gigabit BaseT for LAN x 4
USB 2.0 x 1
USB 3.0 x 1

Button
WPS Button, Reset Button, Power Button, Wireless on / off Button

Features
Link Aggregation
MU-MIMO
Airtime fairness
Smart connect
Traffic analyzer
Adaptive QoS
AiProtection
Parental control

Guest Network: 2.4 GHz x 3, 5 GHz-1 x 3, 5 GHz-2 x 3

VPN server: IPSec Pass-Through, PPTP Pass-Through, L2TP Pass-Through, PPTP Server, OpenVPN Server

VPN client: PPTP client, L2TP client, OpenVPN client

Mac OS Backup

Enhanced media server (AiPlayer app compatible)
- Image: Jpeg
- Audio: mp3, wma, wav, pcm, mp4, lpcm, ogg
- Video: asf, avi, divx, mpeg, mpg, ts, vob, wmv, mkv, mov

AiCloud personal cloud service

3G / 4G data sharing

Printer server
- Multifunctional printer support (Windows only)
- LPR protocol support

Download Master
- Support bt, nzb, http, ed2k
- Support encryption, DHT, PEX and magnet link
- Upload and download bandwidth control
- Download scheduling

AiDisk file server
- Samba and FTP server with account management

Dual wan
IPTV support
Roaming assist

Led indicator
Power x 1
WAN x 1
LAN x 1
Wireless x 2
WPS x 1

Power supply
AC Input: 110V ~ 240V (50 ~ 60Hz)
DC Output: 19 V with max. 3.42 A current

Dimensions
245 x 245 x 65 ~ mm (L x W x H)

Completion
RT-AC5300 Tri-band Gigabit Router
RJ-45 Cable
Power adapter
Quick start guide
Warranty Card
Support CD (User manual & Utility software)

Modes of operation
Wireless router mode
Access point mode
Useful information
We replenish ....

Post has been editedstp101 - 16.05.18, 20:59

Rep: (0)
Good day.
I read that if you change the region / location, say in the USA, then you can get an increase in Wifi power.
Has anyone tried it? Does it help?

Rep: (6)
Gudz54 @ 12.20.18, 15:36*
I read that if you change the region / location, say in the USA, then you can get an increase in Wifi power.
Has anyone tried it? Does it help?

Of course, changing the region is a good solution, only Asus has disabled this feature in the GUI for a long time. Can this be done via telenet, I won’t say. I have not tried it.
In many models, even WiFi power adjustment is disabled for the user. Apparently the router itself decides how to broadcast it. In my practice, WiFi turned out to be the most powerful in RT86u, and the weakest in both tried and tested GT5300s. The RT5300 has a power adjustment in the GUI, but even on a max installation it is weaker than the RT86u, the WiFi power of which, by the way, is configured automatically.

There are two ac-5300 (1) and 4g-ac68u (2) routers.
Two ac-5300 networks (192.168.1.0)
4g-ac68u (192.168.4.0)
The essence of the problem. On 1 router, the VPN server (OPENVpn) is raised, 2 router as a client.
As a result, the tunnel will rise. Router 2 (client) pings and can log into the network of router 1, but from the VPN server network it is impossible to enter the VPN client network devices under what settings.
I did everything as described above only using PPTP settings - everything works.
What could be the problem when setting up OPENVPN?

Rep: (29)
* mosksar1,
Attached Image

On the client and server you need to register routes. The screenshot shows an example of a route from the client side for accessing the devices of the VPN server network, where
192.168.11.0 - the network you need to access
192.168.11.1 - the address of the router (in this case, the VPN server) through which you can climb into that network

For the VPN server, the settings will be similar. Suppose, on the server, the native network is 192.168.1.0, on the client is 192.168.4.0, the client address is when connecting to the VPN server 192.168.1.250. Therefore, the settings will be as follows:
Attached Image

Plus, in the client settings, make sure that "Create NAT on tunnel" = "No".

Are there alternative firmware / ways to increase the power of wifi?

I understand the AC5300 from the AC86 is not much different? I want to put in a cottage in the attic and there is no interference in the area, I always thought 5300 sends a better signal, and judging by AC86 reports it will be better and cheaper?

Dear experts, help the teapot!
Did someone manage to find the firmware from Hugo Gome - Asuswrt-HGG for AC5300?
Give me a link please...

Rep: (2)
Dear experts, help the teapot!
Did someone manage to find the firmware from Hugo Gome - Asuswrt-HGG for AC5300?
Give me a link please...

I wrote to the mail a long time ago, so no one answered ...

Good day.

Is there anyone with the RT-AC5300 who has it as the second router, and the first (RV6699) from MGTS in bridge mode?

I did everything according to the instructions, but the asus gives a DHCP provider error. Accordingly, nothing comes out.

And how to use Wol from an external network? this function is not available in the Asus Router application, but do not access the panel from the browser from an external network

Hello. Well, have there been any firmware for this miracle of technology? Who I want to buy, I need Tor to work on the router.

Rep: (14)
* frog999,
I can sell my device. I’ve been in use for three years, for all the time I rebooted twice and then because of the provider, now I have sold the house, I live in an apartment, I think it’s cheaper to boil because this one worked on two floors at a price of 14tyr. I will give the complete set even a stand with cooling; the firmware costs 3.0.0.4.384_20308 did not update to the last one since According to reviews, bugs are observed on it. Iron version R1.32 guarantee ended in February 2019, production date 2016 xs who writes that he died in a week, I don’t know it works the third year, always stood on a stand from a beech tree with two coolers everything is fine to this day

Post has been editedScher-khan89 - 02.05.19, 02:14

* Scher-khan89 , I don’t need it. I want a new one. What's with the firmware. Are there any custom firmwares?

Rep: (14)
* frog999,
There are no custom ones and as far as I understand, xs is not expected why the roofing felts are expensive, but there are few people like us who will give 26k for this toy. and about used xs everyone’s business just depends on how they relate to technology. 14 and 26, the difference is not small either

Rep: (126)
Guys and who could wol organize on it? It turned out on the zixel, but I can’t find the instructions for this, I did not find anything in the topic for the search.

Rep: (15)
Sandy-Sun, Offered 5300 for 5 tr. Take?

Yes, we must urgently take it! Why didn’t you take it?
Secondly, it is not clear with what gain the antennas are? 8x3 dB? Something will not be enough. Could make antennas at least 8 dB.
Third, what is the power of the transmitter? According to GOST, it seems like at least 11 watts? Or how?

Rep: (15)
* Anythingdust
Well yes. I agree.
5 GHz WiFi does not work as it should and falls off. In addition, it warms up and, due to significant heating, also starts to fail and disappear for a long time. Somewhere in foreign forums I saw that a custom low-speed, but productive fan was forcibly put on this router. Otherwise the pipe will be.
The router itself is inadequately expensive and buggy.
Also really a lot of marriage. And even a working second module at 5 GHz most often dies in the first six months. What a tin!

Post has been editedPaulPP - 07.06.19, 09:46

Rep: (18)
Frog999 @ 05/02/19, 11:31*
What's with the firmware. Are there any custom firmwares?

The best option based on runoff from Merlinhttps: //sourceforge.ne...erlin/files/RT-AC5300/
I have been using its firmware for a long time and am happy as an elephant.

* Marchcat2008 , This is the firmware for this router itself. I understand that it is based on openwrt.

I bought a GT-AX11000 and ran into a problem. need your help. The router refuses to work with channels from 100 to 128 with a channel width above 80 MHz. only works with a channel width of 20-40 mhz and 140 channel.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/13/19, 2:20 p.m.