ASUS Tinker Board | [SBC]

Rep: (217)
ASUS Tinker Board
Attached Image
Description :
  • CPU Rockchip RK3288 SoC - 32-bit 4-core processor with a clock frequency of 1.8 GHz, ARM Cortex-A17 CPU
  • Mali-T764 600 MHz GPU supporting OpenGL ES1.1 / 2.0 / 3.0, OpenVG1.1, OpenCL, DirectX11
  • Wi-Fi 2.4GHz 802.11b / g / n (the Wi-Fi module is shielded and has an IPEX-MHF4 antenna connector)
  • RAM: 2GB 2-channel LPDDR3
  • Bluetooth 4.0 + EDR
  • GbE Ethernet LAN - Tinker board uses separate Ethernet and USB chips, each of which has its own bus, which provides better performance, especially when used simultaneously.
  • 4 USB 2.0 ports
  • 40 PIN GPIO (color coded for easy contact recognition)
  • 2x1 pin headers offering support for 1 PWM signal, 1 S / PDIF signal
  • Full sized HDMI rated port for 1.4 specifications, with support for 1080p and 3840x2160 (4K)
  • 3.5mm audio jack with linear input support (microphone). Implemented with Realtek HD chip supporting up to 192K / 24bit
  • MicroSD card slot - Supports SD 3.0 specification, allowing you to use higher performance cards, including UHS-I class microSD memory cards
  • 1 MIPI CSI header - (camera interface)
  • 1 MIPI DSI header - (display interface)
  • 1 microUSB power connection - Recommend 5V / 2.5A for best performance
    Compared to the Raspberry Pi, the number of used chips is amazing, it is not surprising that the price of the board is higher.
  • SoC: RK3288
  • PMIC: RK808-B
  • Wireless Network: AW-NB177NF
  • Wired network: RTL8211E
  • Sound: ALC4040
  • USB hub: GL852G
    On the back of the board:
  • Bluetooth: B70BT,
  • and a pair of RAM chips.
Supported OS : TinkerOS_Debian, TinkerOS_Android ( kernel ), armbian , still , still , rockchip-linux
Homepage : https://www.asus.com/r...erboards/Tinker-Board/
ASUS Tinker Board Community : https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/
Screenshots
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image
Video

Post has been edited_AI_ - 09.07.18, 04:16
Reason for editing: kernel

Rep: (5)
Help the people, please, I’ve already re-read everything by rasberry3 and tinker, I don’t understand why the lyre and everything have nothing to do with it at the very initial stage. Who is willing to help? The following was done: tinkeros 2.0.7 installed lirc, connected the vs1838b sensor to the 18th pin (if he understood correctly gpio18) I registered everything that I need, I enter mode 2 and everything cannot initialize dev / lirc0, once it succeeded but it did not respond to anything ( (the sensor and the remote control are exactly working, checking and just hanging the diode and connecting to the arduino, everything is buzzing, it doesn’t work in the tinker ((and I infa mostly find it outdated and outdated because etc / lirc no longer has hardware.conf ... help .

An alternative that also fails to bring to life is the use of dualshock4 via bluetooth in kodi (although it doesn’t even want to cable) on any of the distributions, whether it is tinkeros or libelek or retropay ... I want to control one device and not drag the mouse or buy keyboard Claudia with touchpad

Rep: (0)
Good day, dear forum users!
Regarding this subject: somewhere in the vastness of Google, I came across a very interesting fact: it is possible to run HDMI-CEC on it, but there is one BUT, as I understand it, you need to solder one field-effect transistor and several resistors. The office, called ASUS, assured that with some update the tools for working with HDMI-CEC will be sewn into the kernel. From what I could find and, with grief in half, translate, the Asusites did not realize this opportunity due to the fact that "one GPIO contact in this case would be used under the HDMI-CEC DATA bus" (Ipat, what a loss .. .). Since LIRC, as far as I understand from the open spaces of Google, is very scrupulous in settings (configuration and other bouncing with tambourines), unlike HDMI-CEC, I want to go the path of least resistance. Pyataks on the board for all the necessary components seem to be divorced, and some of the bourgeois even realized this moment. I also want to realize this topic, my honesty seems to be enough, but I want to hear adequate help on this topic, and not "google help", I have been working with Linux recently, and mainly copy-paste ... But the machine is perfectly suited for a media center ! I look forward to your ideas and suggestions!
Z.Y. Strongly do not kick please!

* vasyan056, HDMI CEC support ?

Rep: (1)
sat on raspberries
shas on her
maybe someone came across something more productive

* AWPpro, I'm sure that the speed rests in the CPU?
For example, which card are you using? (Photo?)

Rep: (1)
_AI_ @ 09/04/18, 20:38*
AWPpro, I'm sure that the speed depends on the CPU?
For example, which card are you using? (Photo?)

I would like to have a reserve: D

* vasyan056 ,
Yes, this is possible based on the datasheet, but there is no protection from statics, so it is not clear where the resistor is placed. If you are sure that there will be no statics, then it’s safe to solder the benefit, there really are five cents, I didn’t want to start a lyric or ds4, but I abandoned it for now, and about updates somewhere on the expanses of the forum, asus people laid out correspondence with asus supposedly there will be no support for ces because the hardware does not it is provided (just about the transistor in the circuit apparently) and yes, after soldering it will be necessary to modify the core, and here I don’t understand much, I even couldn’t get the lyric to work, the situation is still complicated by the fact that, unlike the raspberry, there is less information (((

Posted on 09/05/2018, 14:17:

* vasyan056 , well, in principle, that branch is described in the link, and so they say take a tinker with it out of the box with ces and with ems uh ...

Wertigo90 @ 09/05/18, 16:15*
tinker with he is out of the box with ces
then fresh kernels should support CEC

Rep: (0)
* Wertigo90 , protection against static should also be soldered safely, in fact, like a transistor with resistances. With the ratings of the latter and the transistor, there is more or less clarity, but what kind of varistor (or still diode?) Assembly to use? Fortunately, the gentlemen of the Asussevs generously bred a fee for it! And with compiling the kernel, I think it should work out for me. Yes, and I don’t want to buy another board, especially since the eSka will be more expensive, and this one is on hand!

Post has been editedvasyan056 - 06.09.18, 07:29
Reason for editing: Forgot to add

_AI_ @ 09/05/18, 16:04*
then fresh kernels should support CEC

probably so, but it was mentioned here that if you solder then they say there is a conclusion on gpio, but I don’t know how to tinker s, so there may be difficulties, but about the cores, you are right.
Vasyan056 @ 09/06/18, 07:27*
protection against static should also be soldered safely

Of course, should there be a place on the board itself? I honestly did not call and did not pick this question with my board, so long as the reluctance to pick it while under warranty yet)))

By the way, Andrew 7.0 came out, I'm interested in Google services as well? and more errors are the same as after installing services in 6.0 ???

In general, I figured it out with the play market, in the 7th version it turned out not much easier, I did this:

Files:

Google Services Framework 7.1.2 (Android 7.1+):
framework
renamed: gsf.apk

Google Play Services 13.2.78 (040400-210410490) (040400):
playservices
renamed: playservices.apk

Google Play Services for Instant Apps 3.14-release-210718610 (arm-v7a) (Android 6.0+):
playservices_4instapps
renamed: playservices_4instApps.apk

Google Play Store 11.6.15-all [0] [PR] 211277169 (240-480dpi) (Android 4.1+):
Playstore
renamed: playstore. apk

Actions:

>adb connect 192.168. *. *
>adb root
>adb connect 192.168. *. *
>adb remount

>adb push gsf.apk / system / priv-app /
>adb push playservices_4instApps.apk / system / priv-app /
>adb push playstore.apk / system / priv-app /
>adb push playservices.apk / system / priv-app /

>adb install -g -r gsf.apk
>adb install -g -r playservices_4instApps.apk
>adb install -g -r playstore.apk
>adb install -g -r playservices.apk

after which we go to settings ->storage and clear the cache

reboot

use

I didn’t find any errors, so far, just in case, I decided to write an instruction, otherwise I didn’t see a single guide on the Russian-language segment, it would be useful.

and ask for help with root access, I can’t get root on 7.0

Post has been editedWertigo90 - 11.09.18, 15:30

Rep: (6)
Good afternoon. Can anyone tell me the minimum linux build ideally Debian with hardware graphics acceleration?

8a8asik @ 09/11/18, 15:42*
Good afternoon. Can anyone tell me the minimum linux build ideally Debian with hardware graphics acceleration?

What is the bad thing about official tinkerOS?

Rep: (11)
Can you stir up the retro console on this board? Recalbox for example

Avb82 @ 09/12/18, 14:03*
Can you stir up the retro console on this board? Recalbox for example

There is no Recalbox, for there are off LAKKA and RetroPie port.

My opinion is that if you play emulators cleanly, then LAKKA will probably be the best if you still need a media processor with video sharing and playing retro games, then it’s probably better to collect everything yourself either on tinkeros or on an armbian ... although I'm torturing it all now thing on android 7.1.2 which also comes out quite conveniently and not bad)

Post has been editedWertigo90 - 12.09.18, 19:03

Avb82 @ 09/12/18, 16:03*
Can you stir up the retro console on this board?
_AI_ @ 06/18/18, 00:47*
take a lookhereregularly posting the latest version of ROTT

Post has been edited_AI_ - 12.09.18, 20:33

Rep: (7)
Guys, I’m starting to get acquainted with technology. } -)
I started with asus, I never held raspberrypi in my hands.
Hence the question, where can I buy components in Russia? cameras, cases, etc.
And does it all come from raspberrypi (peripherals)? I looked at the pictures - the interfaces are the same in appearance. However, on the tinkerboard website in devices, there are "unique" devices specifically for asus, displays there, etc.

WnT.Brian @ 09/17/18, 10:26*
Hence the question, where can I buy components in Russia?

For example in DNS
WnT.Brian @ 09/17/18, 10:26*
And does it all come from raspberrypi (peripherals)?

Despite the fact that some cases will not fit, the camera and display interface is the same, so they fit from raspberry, and so what was going to build on it?

Rep: (7)
* Wertigo90,
Indeed, I didn’t even think about it; I bought the case in DNS. there are all sorts of things, I looked.

The task now is a simple, informational panel (even an interactive "window" rather). In short, have fun in the office.
They took it to try. I have long glanced at these designers.
While understanding and reading, ideas jumped on and on. There are several homework tasks for this thing to start :) I want to control the instruments and collect information.

I put the official android - it didn’t matter. Even with the market. But Debian norms, loaded much faster. And python I can: yes2:

But upset that there is no wake on lan. How to wake her up? it turns out you have to not turn it off.

Rep: (1090)
WnT.Brian @ 09/18/18, 04:35*
it turns out you have to not turn it off.

With its current consumption, this is not relevant. Single-payers have been hammering at home for 2-3 years, and nothing

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/14/19, 09:03