Artificial Intelligence
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 1407
Check in: 22.11.13

ASUS Tinker Board
Attached Image
Description:
  • CPU Rockchip RK3288 SoC - 32-bit 4-core processor with a clock frequency of 1.8 GHz, ARM Cortex-A17 CPU
  • Mali-T764 600 MHz GPU supporting OpenGL ES1.1 / 2.0 / 3.0, OpenVG1.1, OpenCL, DirectX11
  • Wi-Fi 2.4GHz 802.11b / g / n (the Wi-Fi module is shielded and has an IPEX-MHF4 antenna connector)
  • RAM: 2GB 2-channel LPDDR3
  • Bluetooth 4.0 + EDR
  • GbE Ethernet LAN - Tinker board uses separate Ethernet and USB chips, each of which has its own bus, which provides better performance, especially when used simultaneously.
  • 4 USB 2.0 ports
  • 40 PIN GPIO (color coded for easy contact recognition)
  • 2x1 pin headers offering support for 1 PWM signal, 1 S / PDIF signal
  • Full sized HDMI rated port for 1.4 specifications, with support for 1080p and 3840x2160 (4K)
  • 3.5mm audio jack with linear input support (microphone). Implemented with Realtek HD chip supporting up to 192K / 24bit
  • MicroSD card slot - Supports SD 3.0 specification, allowing you to use higher performance cards, including UHS-I class microSD memory cards
  • 1 MIPI CSI header - (camera interface)
  • 1 MIPI DSI header - (display interface)
  • 1 microUSB power connection - Recommend 5V / 2.5A for best performance
    Compared to the Raspberry Pi, the number of used chips is amazing, it is not surprising that the price of the board is higher.
  • SoC: RK3288
  • PMIC: RK808-B
  • Wireless Network: AW-NB177NF
  • Wired network: RTL8211E
  • Sound: ALC4040
  • USB hub: GL852G
    On the back of the board:
  • Bluetooth: B70BT,
  • and a pair of RAM chips.
Supported OS: TinkerOS_Debian, TinkerOS_Android (kernel), armbian, still, still, rockchip-linux
Homepage: https://www.asus.com/r...erboards/Tinker-Board/
ASUS Tinker Board Community: https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/
Screenshots
Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image
Video

Post has been edited_AI_ - 09.07.18, 04:16
Reason for editing: kernel
_AI_
Message#2
02.05.18, 15:40
Artificial Intelligence
[offline]

Messages 1407

Hello.
I'm new to the tinker board, but I worked with the Raspberry Pi.
Is there a way to configure a Tinker Board similar to the raspi-config on Pi?
Try it ;)
sudo tinker-config
_AI_
Message#3
12.05.18, 22:37
Artificial Intelligence
[offline]

Messages 1407

BoughtFlirc Raspberry Pi Case,
Little had to sharpen the protruding stiffeners on the bottom plastic cover.

I give a photo of the juxtaposition of the protrusion for cooling the CPU and the imprint of the CPU itself.
Attached Image

PS At first, I thought it would be enough for a quarter of the thermal pads that were bundled for 3B +, but then I added more.
If someone will, glue - glue half: a quarter is small, a whole lot.

Post has been edited_AI_ - 13.05.18, 15:58
saikek
Message#4
22.05.18, 09:23
Local
[offline]

Messages 115
Check in: 02.05.09
Thl t11

I don’t know, somehow I’m not lucky with performance, I don’t understand anything.
I tried:
* supply power via USB with good charging (Orico 4 ports 2 amps minimum),
* apply power directly to 2.4 pins and ground to 6.
* connect the cooler, and keep the temperature around 35 degrees.

But Armbian somehow begins to lag terribly over time, the same ssh has to wait for 10 seconds, the sessions fall off.

Who uses what?
Can switch to DietPi?
_AI_
Message#5
22.05.18, 10:40
Artificial Intelligence
[offline]

Messages 1407

* saikek, did not watch the temperature during the brakes?
Which, by the way, is the SD card used?
saikek
Message#6
22.05.18, 20:49
Local
[offline]

Messages 115
Thl t11

_AI_ @ 05.22.18, 08:40*
saikek, did not look at the temperature during the brakes?
Which, by the way, is the SD card used?

Cards used SDHC.
It does not depend on the temperature, it happened with a constantly switched on cooler for 5 volts.
I tried to change the governor, the same. And somehow it consumes little current - 300-500mA.
I'll try dietPi today.
_AI_
Message#7
22.05.18, 21:15
Artificial Intelligence
[offline]

Messages 1407

Saikek @ 05.22.18, 22:49*
Cards used SDHC.
strange that not MicroDrive} -)
Does the manufacturer have this card? model? speed on the package (if you recently took)
saikek
Message#8
25.05.18, 09:29
Local
[offline]

Messages 115
Thl t11

_AI_ @ 05.22.18, 19:15*
Does the manufacturer have this card? model? speed on the package (if you recently took)

Well, such a black flash drive, well :). (I tried different, class 10, Transcend, Kingston)
It's not about the speed of the card, there are some evil interruptions or core lags. When put DietPi - problems disappeared ...
_AI_
Message#9
26.05.18, 23:07
Artificial Intelligence
[offline]

Messages 1407

Well, such a black flash drive, well :). (I tried different, class 10, Transcend, Kingston)
It's not about the speed of the card, there are some evil interruptions or core lags. When put DietPi - problems disappeared ...
class is not an indicator at all ...
class shows linear reading speed, and brakes due to random writing, until the OS is completely stopped (it gets up with a stake)

PS This is from the experience of dealing with raspberries.

PPS is the easiest thing I can advise - turn off the swap, if it is there, and if there is not enough memory, then switch to ZRAM
tedal
Message#10
15.06.18, 15:52
Old resident
[online]

Messages 1284
Check in: 21.08.14

* _AI_What axis do you use, official tinker or armbian (or even Andrew)?
saikek
Message#11
15.06.18, 16:09
Local
[offline]

Messages 115
Thl t11

I settled on Dietpi, for some reason there were problems with Armbian, with Dietpi there were no problems at all, plus quite good utilities for initial cofigration, and a small image.
_AI_
Message#12
15.06.18, 17:54
Artificial Intelligence
[offline]

Messages 1407

official tinker or armbian
I have no time at all lately.
I have not tried anything except finkerbian
_AI_
Message#13
15.06.18, 18:16
Artificial Intelligence
[offline]

Messages 1407

This is my message, copied from the next branch, I think it will be useful here.
as far as possible I will edit, that it would correspond to a subject, meanwhile only changed the link to a reference image
-------
Here they often ask which SDshki is better for RaspberryPi, the answer is not as simple as it seems at first glance.
Although the majority of manufacturers indicate the speed on the packaging, but the linear speed of reading, and this is not what is necessary for the fast operation of single-board computers.
For fast work, you need another fast recording, and the so-called. "random":
I recommend paying attention to SanDisk Ultra labeled A1, this is newspeed ratingfor tasks, just such as raspberry is ...

I have not found tests that can be used to measure performance, and that would satisfy me.
But I discovered a pattern that there is one operation in the OS, the speed of which well reflects the performance of the SD - this is a system update.

I didreference imagewith downloaded updates for a certain point in time, so that this image can be used at any time, even when a lot of time passes and there are more updates and / or a new release is released and there are fewer updates.

If anyone decides to use it, in order to compare their SDs with mine, you need to boot from it, and run the command
time sudo apt -y dist-upgrade

Here are the results I got:
gray (48mb / s) 24:44 14:14 2016
gray (80mb / s) 6:35 2:12 2018
red (30mb / s) 11:03 3:58 2013
red A1 (98mb / s) 5:44 1:54 2018
SunDiskExtreme.A2 5:24 1:33 2018 (not pictured)
EVO + 8:58 2:53 2017
EVO Plus 14:09 5:47 2017
Toshiba Exceria 15:38 8:33 2017
PS The second column with the times is a similar test forASUS Tinker Board.
They can not be compared with each other. But this may help to suggest how the cards will behave relative to each other, if you overclock the port in a raspberry (as the SD 3.0 port in the Tinker Board)

Then - the year of purchase, and perhaps another important infa, the last (in the photo - right) 4 cards bought in China, and the first (left) 3 - in local stores of the federal level (nix, citilink, technopoint),
those. not in any mobile shops, because I do not trust them.

(the speed in brackets is the speed on the carton box, it turned out that for the 2013 map it was preserved, and 2016 is not)
PPS it turned out that I bought the first one for raspberries, and it is not surprising that on it I felt all the optimizations that I later included in the custom image.

I bought the thirdin my first smartphone, I use it there until now, although the phones have already changed>4pcs, and when I decided to do a test on it, I thought it would be a brake ...
But it turned out that this example is very indicative - her linear speed is like an outsider (it was felt even by the time of the image recording), but the speed of random access was at her height, which allowed her to fight along with the "leaders".

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been edited_AI_ - 09.12.18, 00:03
vanya150600
Message#14
17.06.18, 21:17
Local
[offline]

Messages 218
Check in: 01.07.12
Xiaomi Mi 8

tried who the PSP emulation on this board? here is the experimentallaccorolled out, can anyone test GTA Liberty City? all tests six months ago, during this time should have at least something and improved
and as I understand it, the cases from RPi 2/3 are suitable (except for aluminum ones that are in contact directly with the chips)?
_AI_
Message#15
17.06.18, 22:47
Artificial Intelligence
[offline]

Messages 1407

* vanya150600Recently, there is absolutely no time to test anything, but as far as possible I continue to monitor ....
take a lookhereregularly posting the latest version of ROTT

enclosures fit besides the so-called "puff" ("rainbow", for example) and thin, as in the photo, because Our board has a large capacitor sticking out, and the elements on the board are in other places.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been edited_AI_ - 17.06.18, 22:50
Belilko
Message#16
21.06.18, 14:06
User
[offline]

Messages 67
Check in: 28.02.11
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X Snapdragon 3/32

* vanya150600Except thatsuch a, tests for the end of February, the situation hardly changed in 3.5 months.

I am very interested in whether streaming video from Twitch, through chrome, and if so, in what resolution?
iscander21
Message#17
01.07.18, 00:41
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 1
Check in: 30.06.18
UleFone T1

Good time of day! Theme for Kulibins! Background: There was a desire to put in the car radio with a screen. Ready solutions are either very expensive or do not meet the desired requirements. A friend threw an idea to assemble a radio tape recorder based on a single board computer. According to tests, Tinker board leads the way in performance.
Problem: for the present I have not found a single detailed guide on assembling such a system. I propose together to develop such a project, I will not master it myself. I admit honestly: I doubt attainability, because if it were possible, someone would have done it (((
Desired:
1) Touch screen with IPS matrix 7 '' with HDMI input (price, manufacturer, whether to buy in China?). The screen is built into the standard 2DIN case (800-900r on Aliexpress), at the same time, it is necessary that the entrance to the screen was at the back, not the side, otherwise how to put it in the standard slot? And in general, I can not understand, the screen is connected via HDMI or cable as on Raspberry?
2) Control unit (CU): Tinker board in the case (1000 r on Ali). The control unit is not fixed on the monitor, but brought out of the regular socket for the radio. Computer elements:
- A sound card with an AUX output (I am going to connect a JBL Xtreme speaker, the sound is worse on Bluetooth than through aux). AUX is in the board, but it supports the standard 24bit / 192KHz, which is unacceptable for a music lover, correct, if not right. Are there modules with AUX with better quality music transfer (listen to FLAC)? Or do you need to re-solder?
- the ability to connect sound to the speakers of the machine Is it possible to put the amplifier on 4 speakers? The sound system should work like this: if 3.5 jack is removed, then the regular auto speakers work, if 3.5 is inserted into the AUX, the JBL column works.
- GPS \ Glonass module, with the ability to connect the antenna to the body of the CU
- two USB ports on the CU case (there is one in the board)
- one slot for micro sd (for DVR or navigation maps)
- drive, such as a solid-state hard disk or a fast memory card for storing information, OS
- the ability to split HDMI to connect the passenger monitor (splitter in port BU?)
- Connector for the rear view camera (bell) (where to get, how to solder, if necessary?)
- power from the vehicle network (via the radio connector) (what do you need?)
3) Android OS 7-8
4) Running with the car

Post has been editediscander21 - 01.07.18, 00:51
-Wrench-
Message#18
02.07.18, 22:14
a guest
[offline]

Group: Users
Messages 1
Check in: 04.10.16

Does Kali linux support?
Joefox
Message#19
08.07.18, 23:18
User
[offline]

Messages 56
Check in: 04.12.09

Add to the cap. "Tinker Board Comparison with Other Mini-PCs"
Compare Tinker Board with other mini PCs
Wertigo90
Message#20
10.07.18, 20:26
User
[offline]

Messages 89
Check in: 09.06.10
Honor 8 FRD-L09

There was a desire to put in the car radio with a screen. Ready solutions are either very expensive or do not meet the desired requirements. A friend threw an idea to assemble a radio tape recorder based on a single board computer.

I suppose this is possible, especially since the tinker and rp3 have a comb onboard the GPIO, to which you can both connect all sorts of sensors of the car and bring out any controllers, for example, control of the brightness of the backlight or whatever you think of.

-Wrench- @ 07.07.18, 22:14*
Touch screen with IPS matrix 7 '' with HDMI input

there is also a connector like the RPI3, and specifically in the specification of "MIPI-DSI, compatible with the Raspberry Pi 7" display and others "

- A sound card with an AUX output (I am going to connect a JBL Xtreme speaker, the sound is worse on Bluetooth than through aux). AUX is in the board, but it supports the standard 24bit / 192KHz, which is unacceptable for a music lover, correct, if not right. Are there modules with AUX with better quality music transfer (listen to FLAC)? Or do you need to re-solder?
- the ability to connect sound to the speakers of the machine Is it possible to put the amplifier on 4 speakers? The sound system should work like this: if 3.5 jack is removed, then the regular auto speakers work, if 3.5 is inserted into the AUX, the JBL column works.

Why do you want to make a sandwich incomprehensible? ummm 24bit / 192Kgts for a music lover is not acceptable and immediately talking about JBL which is no longer suitable for audiophiles, do not write nonsense. and generally why are you in the car column jbl ???? besides, there is even an axis sharpened for audiophiles on a tickerboard, now at the time of writing I’m testing it ... I don’t understand that part about 3.5 jacks and speakers of a car or jBl ..... WHAT ????? No, well, seriously. WHAT ???? effort you can plug in any car .... just I seriously don’t understand your goal, but I can’t give you a solution to this problem ...

GPS \ Glonass module, with the ability to connect the antenna to the body of the CU

honestly did not even wonder, but I think solved ...

possibility of branching HDMI for connecting a passenger monitor (splitter in port BU?)

Passenger monitor just the same I think you can connect to HDMI

Android OS 7-8

off the marshmalou axis ... as long as there is no nougat or oreo ((((and you don’t need it, because in that case you’ll torture yourself with the rest, better debian or Linux and customize to fit your needs, and write some kind of shell to fit your needs ...