Philips E116 - Discussion

Rep: (11)
Philips Xenium E116 - Discussion

Device photos
Attached Image
Attached Image
Device description
3G support, audio recording of conversations, memory card, access to the Internet, multimedia functionality, FM radio, good autonomy.
Device characteristics
Key features:
Screen - 2.4 d, Display - TFT, resolution - 240 x 320 Weight - 173.7 g, Camera - 0.3 Mn Battery - 1600 mA'h, two SIM, MicroSD support up to 32 GB, 3G
Main characteristics
Battery capacity: 1600 mAh
Screen size: 2.4 "
SIM-card: SIM
Number of SIM cards: 2 SIM-cards
3G support: Yes
Phonebook: 500 contacts
Network functions
GPRS (Receive + Transmit): Class 12, Class B
GSM Frequency: 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
Message: MMS (multimedia messaging), SMS (Short Message Service), Multicast SMS, Concatenated SMS (Long SMS)
Services: WAP 2.0
Voice codec:
FR / EFR / AMR / HR
3G: WCDMA
WCDMA frequency: 2100 MHz, 900 MHz
The dimensions of the tube: 120,5 x 52 x 16,5 mm
Weight: 173.7 g
Image / Display
main display resolution of 240 x 320 pixels
Color main display: 262 000
Main Display Technology: TFT
Taking photos
Camera: 0.3 MP
Image Sensor Type: CMOS
Image File Format: JPEG
Reproduction of photos
Picture Compression Format: BMP, GIF, JPEG
Audio recording
Voice recorder: AMR technology, WAV
Audio reproduction
Supported audio formats: Midi, MP3, AMR Technology
Sound
Calls: MP3 call, Poly (64 tones)
Media carriers
Types of memory card: Micro SD, up to 32GB
Memory Card Slot: Separate
Memory Management: Memory Status
Comfort
Control buttons 4-way navigation key and enter
Call Distribution:
Call Time, Call Waiting, Microphone mute, Call Forwarding, Received Calls, Missed Calls, Call Hold, Emergency Call
Clock / Version: Digital
The convenience of use:
Keypad Lock, Vibra Alert, Graphical User Interface, Customizable Buttons, Handsfree mode, Two SIM-cards
Games and apps:
Alarm Clock, Calendar, Calculator, Stopwatch
Personal / user settings:
Screensaver, Ringtones
Enter text:
Predictive text input - NO.
Vibrate: Yes
Volume control: Yes
FM radio: Yes
Wireless Connection: Bluetooth
Bluetooth profiles: A2DP
Headset: Through 3.5mm
Accessories
Included accessories:
Battery, charger, user guide
Nutrition
Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Spent time in standby mode 1403 hours.
Talk time: Up to 18 hours

• In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Post has been editedMars.rus - 24.08.18, 22:30

Rep: (4)
* Mars.rus,
I still want to return to autonomy. On Yandex fully reviews the batteries almost a day is not enough. Really so bad?
I want to take an elderly person. Newbie

* vedser,
Battery I have enough on 2G and 5 full days at short about 5-10 calls a day. Well, you can do so ... Buy mobile phone and see how he does and autonomy. If you are satisfied then leave, but if not then you can return the product within 14 days of when you save the presentation and check.

Rep: (0)
vedser @ 29.09.18, 20:10*
Battery almost a day is not enough

Confirm. no autonomy of the box. I use the phone for 2 days. During this time, I charged 2 times. This morning, a fully loaded regular charger, the phone hung up in the evening. During the day, the phone was in standby mode, the calls were not. I have been listening to music for 1 hour and 3 connect to the Internet, see the weather. Setup - cars. SIM 1 (3G) - Yota, SIM 2 (2G) - MTS. It is not clear what to do. New battery may need several charging and discharging cycles to reach the declared parameters, as the case may be in a regular the charger.
* Mars.rus, That you can recommend? 3G you not enforce?

* nurgush,
My script to use this often and I do not talk a lot. 8-15 Rin. / Ref. calls lasting 2-5 minutes. on average den.Vyhozhu online one or two times a day. The phone has only one SIM card in the slot where 3G (3G but disabled through the engineering menu) Accordingly to the Internet is enough for me 2G. The brightness of the display is exposed at the middle level. In this mode, the phone lives up to the 5 dney.Zaryadku I do not use native and 2 ampere from Samsung. Player and radio in it not polzuyus.Gromkosti call and earpiece are exposed to the maximum.
Fully charge the phone and listening to music, try to remove and use only one SIM card, pulling him physically of course add slota.Eto autonomy, but you'll see how much longer days so stretch telefon.Po possible try it first with 3G and then with 2G. On average (depending on the number and duration of calls) should have 2-3 days in a 3G network, and 4-5 days in a 2G network autonomy.
By the way, my autonomy adds Auto Power Off / Auto Power. Ie every time the night my phone is switched off until the morning.

Post has been editedMars.rus - 02.10.18, 07:37
Reason for editing: about the auto-shutdown

Rep: (7)
Somebody knows how to sew?
There prog UPGRADEDOWNLOAD, there are firmware. But nobody knows which key to clamp the phone oproedelilsya for flashing. I tried up, down, crane, green. I tried with the inserted battery and without - in any.

* i166mmx,
Until recently, I thought that no firmware, at least in the public domain for our phone.

* Mars.rus,
Switched network is forced to 2G, it is now quite different. 3 days have passed, the battery is discharged less than half.

Have you tried to change the volume settings in the engineering menu? Trying to achieve increase the listening volume of music in wired headphones, because even at maximum volume is quite average compared to other phones (Nokia 130). In the tab Audio set weight settings, which is very pleasing. Go to section Headset, MP3_EarPhone and others, change parameter values, but after exiting the Engineering menu does not change the result. It may need to somehow apply the settings, or all in vain?

* nurgush,
Honestly other sections of engineering menu did not change unnecessarily before the end do not understand who is responsible for what.
Above is a link to a similar engineering menu of the other phone with explanations. If that do everything carefully, because there is a risk to bring down software phone.

Flash phones Philips Xenium E116.
ATTENTION !!! Whatever you do with your phone - DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. NO LIABILITY FOR abnormal situations AM NOT.
Firmware done purely forEXPERIMENTTo make sure that the phone is stitched in the "home" conditions.
If you can not or are not sure that you can perform firmware it is better not to start. In case of failure phone output during piercing, the service center is likely to refuse to warranty repairs.
To start the firmware needed:
1.Drayvera SCI-android-usb-driver-jungo-v4.7z
2.Proshivalschik SPD_Upgrade_Tool_R4.0.0001.zip
Firmware order.
1.Raspakovyvaem and put SpreadTrum Driver (For Win 8/10 disable digital signature)
2.Raspakovyvaem and open PD_Upgrade_Tool_R4.0.0001.zip program
3.Delaem in picture ResearchDownload R4.png
4.Peredergivaem phone battery and turn it back on.
5.Zazhimaem # key and holding key connect the phone to a computer via USB 2.0
6. If all the right thing to start the process of firmware.
7. # key does not let go all the time with the time of connection to the end of the firmware.
8.Vremya firmware takes a couple of minutes and after fluoresce green letters the word Passed.
firmware file is found here:https: //www.dropbox.co...1741_V21A_CIS.rar dl = 0?
It is desirable that the firmware was lying on the road where there is no Cyrillic folder names.
The firmware is not found visual changes. Feels like a flashlight began to shine a bit brighter))) Yes, and 3G network mode "auto" has ceased to switch to 2G slightest loss of communication. While the feelings only noticed these changes.

Attached images
Attached Image

Attached files

Attached fileSCI-android-usb-driver-jungo-v4.7z(9.43 MB)
Attached fileSPD_Upgrade_Tool_R4.0.0001.zip(2.5 MB)

Do not like one feature on the phone: you need to finish the call 2 times press "hang up". Why it does so is not clear. Used to having only one click. Maybe somewhere legion setting, but I have not found. Who knows, prompt.

* nurgush,
The conversation I have always ends with the first pressing end button.

Rep: (50)
Hello! I have a question / s. I want to buy this machine for his father (an old man) ... if a large font is enough to set the dialer and SMS?

* Patriot I,
Hey. I will try to answer your vopros.Shrift dialer on our phone a little less than the special "babushkofonov" .a's fonts for SMS set may seem a little melkimi.Tak is in contrast to the same "babushkofonov" where the keyboard is split, and the keys are large, then the key the keyboard is not large, flat, smooth and fit tightly to her drugu.K first time will have to get used to not accidentally press the adjacent keys. Compared with other "babushkofonov" (see photo). Thank you for the +.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedMars.rus - 18.10.18, 17:38

Rep: (2)
Zdravstvuyte.Mozhno whether to assign its functions to the upper buttons (left and right) and the joystick left, right, up, down (as in Nokia S40)?

* George, 01,
Good afternoon. On the top left key can not be unnecessarily the key is always in charge of the entrance to the menu, but on the right and on the joystick all positions possible.

How to go to the Engineering menu ?? How to switch to 3g 2g?

Post has been editedPolice2060 - 26.11.18, 19:24

Rep: (1)
Maybe someone can help. When piercing long time to catch the phone. It helped to change the sequence of actions. I took out the battery - put the cord - pinched grille - insert the battery.
From impressions of device - is a strong negative limit of 600 songs playlist, everything else like the rules.

Rep: (2)
Hello!
Father bought this phone. He complains about the fact that sometimes in it can not get through. And in truth - antenki all, I dial his number, and in response to "the subscriber is temporarily unavailable"
Somebody faced with? How to treat?

I can not return 3g!
The first slot is set megaphone, second Tele2.
Through engineering menu set - only 2G, then megaphone on the network can not be registered.
Tried to return back to "only 3G" through engineering menu - not registered to a network. Change Sims places - Megaphone in the second slot works, but the body in the first two can not.

* kik222,

Try after placing through the engineering mode menu "Only 3G" perezaregistrirovatsya network via Menu = Links = = Network Settings Network Selection = Manual.

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 23/02/20, 21:21