Thunderobot ST Pro P1aR | [notebook] Windows | 15.6 "| Intel i7-7700hq 2.8-3.8Ghz | 16GB RA

Rep: (0)
Thunderobot ST Pro P1aR - Discussion пїЅ | Description | Buying and Accessories пїЅ
notebook | Windows 10 | 15.6 "| Intel i7-7700hq 2.8-3.8Ghz | 16GB | GeForce GTX 1060 6gb

Specifications
Chipset: Intel PCH HM175
Processor: Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8Ghz quad core
RAM: 16 GB (support 64 GB max), Samsung M471A1K43BB1-CRC DDR4-2400
M2.SSD: LITEON CV5-8Q512 (512 GB)
Additional slot M2.SSD
Two SATA slots for 7mm or one 15mm hard drive.
Video: GeForce GTX 1060 6gb + hd630
Display: 1080p, IPS, Matte
WiFi acbgn + BT
3xUSB3.1 + 2xType-C + 1 hdmi + 2 MiniDisplayPort + CardReader + 3x Audio
OS: default from factory Win 10 home edition. With small tambourines, you can install Windows 7 x64
Battery: 60Wh, built-in
Dimensions: 385x271x26 mm
Weight: 2.5 kg
additional information
This work of Chinese thought from a not well-known brand in Russia is produced in China at the Haier factories, one of the largest and well-known manufacturers of appliances and electronics. The laptop platform is built on the base of the Clevo P650HP6 / Sager NP8156 barebone, and is also available under other brands. The laptop is positioned as a game, as evidenced by its filling and tests.
Useful information
Reviews

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, contact the author of the topic in QMS (personal message) or to the section moderators via the buttonA complaintunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedstp101 - 17.04.18, 01:23
Reason for editing: Installing Windows 7 ultimate x64.

Review of the laptop Thunderobot ST Pro.
Foreword
I have long wanted a laptop with enough power for modern games, with a margin of several years. Only one thing stopped - the price. I consider the solutions with i7-7700 and gtx 1060 on board to be the golden mean. The price of laptops in Russia did not suit me. I came across articles about the Chinese brand Thunderobot, thought for a long time, read reviews about devices, compared them with laptops in Russia. As a result, I came to the conclusion that for the filling it is asked very cheaply and should be taken. Just got a "share" to take it for 69 tr on Aliexpress at TMOLL.

Price:at the time of purchase 69 tr. on the "action" on the birthday of Aliexpress. In other stocks, the price of this laptop was also reduced to acceptable. In 2017 it could have been taken for 63 tr, but time is running, the dollar rate is growing. Outside of the shares, they are asked for a completely unscrupulous price and it’s better to wait for discounts.
Appearance and quality: at the initial examination, the laptop is not full of bright inserts, acid colors, red buttons as in other gaming brands. Weathered design, strict lines, calm colors! Do not be ashamed to take for work. Under the mask of the "gray cardinal" hid all the power of the laptop. Material - plastic and aluminum alloy. Nothing creaks, not backlash. The lid opens with one finger. The key travel is informative, sufficient, soft, without clangs, crunches and other nasty sounds. One minus is a short Shift on the left and a duplicate "slash" button adjacent to it, which is quite unusual (this feature is only in the Russian version of the laptop, in the Chinese usual shift). The second minus is that when you press the lid bends, sometimes it becomes scary to crush the screen. I specially pressed the truth to make sure of reliability - the screen does not react in any way.
Filling:on board a balanced system of i7-7700hq, gtx 1060 6gb, 16 gb RAM, 512 gb SSD. For games in FHD resolution, this bundle justifies the price / quality task, FPS is always on the level! All this disgrace is blown by a very competent system of three fans - 1 fan with 2 heat pipes to the processor in the air blowing through the port side. 2 fans with 3 heat pipes stand on the video card with air blowing behind the laptop. In addition to all this, it is possible to forcibly turn on the turbo-blowing mode, in demanding tasks it’s the most (Fn + 1 is turned on (a digit, not F1)).
Photos of the entrails
Attached Image

Screen:the budget screen is the same as everywhere else for this price category, but there are no problems with it, the viewing angles are average, the colors are saturated, there is enough brightness.
Sound:that's where the Chinese saved it so much on sound. If you do not use the built-in utility Sound Blaster, then it would be better not to listen to the speakers from the laptop at all. Squeaky, without low frequencies, the sound is like a bad toy. But! Using the aforementioned utility you can achieve a very decent sound. It's over minus I would put.
Autonomy:I honestly admit, I did not test for autonomy, the car is powerful, the socket is always needed here. But - there is a great thing in a laptop - it's switching from a discrete card to a hybrid (like Nvidia Optimus), it’s clogged at the BIOS level. In the description of the laptop, I did not find this function on sites anywhere. Therefore, all the same, energy savings can be significant if you need autonomy and not power. When switching to a hybrid, the system itself determines which card to use - built-in to the HD630 processor or discrete. In practice, when the hybrid control is turned on, the laptop fans are barely audible or not audible at all, with only a discrete one - they almost always work at moderate speeds in the absence of a significant load on the card. By the way, the laptop has an impressive power supply - you need to feed!
OSThe default is Windows 10. The system is not very cluttered with third-party software and advertising, basically everything is just necessary. I had a few days surfing on it, brought the look on Win7, customized it for myself. But I’m a conservative in terms of OSes, so I’ve found a way to put Windows 7 x64 ultimate on the laptop, although support isn’t announced. There will be a separate post with all the details, tambourines, shamanism and process.
Identified problems:When working in Windows 10, there are sometimes friezes when opening / closing application windows, for a moment everything freezes, then sags by itself. Subtracted where that dares updating of drivers of the laptop. I set Wibdows 7 x64, there are no brakes.
The second problem is that while WiFi is running, the laptop mutes neighboring devices. This issue is described in reviews and on another forum (ixbt). I personally did not observe this - N mode is enabled on the router, the laptop itself is powered via WiFi, a desktop computer (yes, I had nothing to do), Philips Android TV (online video), two smartphones (surfing), a tablet and Ip- camera. And all this at the same time! And I did not find any brakes anywhere. The tariff is 100 Mbit / s (in fact, about 70-80 Mbit / s).
Warranty:There is support for the device for 1 year in the Russian Federation, there is a warehouse representative in our country.
My findings:I was not disappointed that I took this unit, the price / quality / performance here is better than other brands! Of course, there are also disadvantages, but they are in all budget notebooks with the same characteristics. I recommend to buy!

Installing Windows 7 ultimate x64.
Attention! With this method, all data from the hard disk is deleted!
Foreword
By default, this laptop is Windows 10. Anyone familiar with this system knows that when it is installed (also Win 8), the hard disk partitioning becomes GPT. And Windows 7 by default works and is installed only on hard drives with MBR markup. Actually because of this, simply put Win 7 on this laptop will not work. In addition to this, the BIOS comes with UEFI.
Initially, I wanted to install Win 7 as a second system in order to test the system’s performance and compatibility with hardware. But here I was disappointed! Created a flash drive with the original image Win7 x64 ultimate program Rufus with the item under UEFI for GPT. Considering that only USB 3.0 integrated the drivers into the USB flash drive in the laptop (there are many ways, I tried both automatic installers and manual installation of DISM). I also tried other Win7 installers on a USB flash drive. As a result, from many attempts with different schemes for creating a flash drive / driver integration, installation from it did not start at all. The error got out. BIOS parameters: UEFI enable, Secure boot disable. I tried and turned off UEFI, then do not understand what at all.
Another method was tried this way: a bootable USB flash drive with Win8 or Win10 is created on board (their boot.wim installer supports USB 3.0). It is removed from the source install.esd folder and replaced with install.wim from the Win7 image. Additionally, in install.wim I integrated the USB 3.0 driver through DISM.
The installation starts, the flash drive loads, the installation on the hard disk takes place, the computer restarts. A list of systems is displayed, Win7 is selected automatically. Black screen with starting windows animation. And everything that I would not do, no matter what driver I integrated into, it doesn't go further.
Well, then I freaked out, I realized that my choice is not great and it remains to wipe the disk, convert it to MBR and install the system with UEFI disable and hope that the system will start and all the drivers and hardware will stand up.
Actually further instruction, how everything was done.

1) Cooking flash drive:
- download the original image Win7 x64
- download the program Rufus
- we take from the website Intel the program USB 3.0 Creator Utility for Win7
Rufus'om install the image of Windows, set in the parameters MBR for BIOS / UEFI, format NTFS or FAT32. After running the above-mentioned utility, it automatically searches for all images and adds USB 3.0 drivers to the boot.wim boot and install install.wim.
All flash drive is ready!
2) Configure the BIOS:F2 at boot. UEFI disable, Secure boot disable. Save and exit. F7 when loading, boot from the flash drive.
3) Converting GPT to MBR and installing Win 7: Attention! All data from the hard drive is deleted! When installing Windows (for example, at the partition selection stage, but it is possible in another place), press the Shift + F10 keys on the keyboard, the command line will open.
Enter the commands in turn, after each Enter: diskpart
list disk - display a list of physical disks connected to the computer.
select disk N, where N is the number of the disk that needs to be converted (see the size of the disk if you have already managed to put an additional screw)
clean
convert mbr
exit
Then close the command prompt.
Now in the list of disks the unallocated space of the disk cleaned by us will be displayed.
You can immediately divide it into C and D, if you wish.
Next, the installation takes place as usual, at the output we get the desktop of our Win7.
4) Install drivers and configure the system:As an option to download the same DRP offline, upload to a USB flash drive and install everything. I went the other way. First of all, I went to the device manager and looked at Intel's WiFi adapter ID, immediately downloaded the driver on another computer (I downloaded from the DRP site, it was easier for me). Installed.
Everything, there is access to the network. I downloaded DRP Online, almost all the drivers were automatically pulled up, there were no problems, I installed a standard set of programs in the same place, so as not to download one by one.
But do not forget that we still have the HotKey display in their native ControlCentr system and their operation, setting the backlight. Then I just downloaded the ControlCentr package from Win10 from the official site of Thunderobot under Win10, the installer opened the exe with the archiver (you can run it, it will unpack and start the installation, but it will immediately argue that the Windows are not the same, but the unpacked files will remain), pulled out the software folder, started the installation and everything fell as it should!
But a surprise was waiting for me - the hotkey Fn + F1 was not working (turning off / turning on the touchpad). The solution turned out to be elementary - the drivers did not stand on the touchpad. We go to the same site, download TochPad driver, unpack and install! Now the touch is visible as a Synaptic device. And Hotkey also earned, like multitouch!
A little later I'll flood the driver for a more convenient download.
Conclusion:Installing Win7 is possible, after a long research work tactics developed and is not a problem.
All that was done above I spent on my device myself, you can do everything differently, I could have made a mistake somewhere and get problems for this.
I would gladly read other installation / configuration options, all of a sudden I’ll find something new for myself and others!

Rep: (29)
I did not think that the topic of this beech is so rotten ...
I myself wait until I come, is there anything to write after a month of use?

Impressions are mostly only positive!
At the moment, there is only a small discomfort for two reasons: 1 - one hard drive per 500g, already half full, but I didn’t even set anything properly, I’m actually installing an additional one, and I’ll do it later. 2 - for some time I got used to the shortened Shift on the left, now I’m kind of used to it, although sometimes I hit the next key. By the way in the Chinese version of beech Shift full.
In general, I would love to take it again without hesitation.

Taki came to me.
Looking at him, you think that this is some kind of old asus, plump, large in general, but in the hands it feels easy (especially compared to my Clevo p150hm).
Shift I have full. I didn’t like that the aluminum of the laptop is only the bottom, the rest is plastic, but how the lid opens pleased, just the topman!
Grieved another moment that when installing updates Windows fell blue screen and when you restart the hard drive disappeared from the system. Turned it off, turned it on in a couple of minutes and the disk appeared, hdtune doesn’t see anything wrong with the disk, I think how serious it is, do I open a dispute with the Chinese and a dispute about ssd or in general about a laptop?

* Skoge If I am not mistaken, such an error can be, in principle, in working with ssd, not the problem in this laptop. And it seemed to me the space at hand on the clave was also aluminum. In general, yes, I would like a cast body made of aluminum) But, for this money, it seems to me there is nothing to demand!
By the way, I noticed the other day, I have a light on the screen in the upper right corner. If you slightly bend it, it disappears. Of course, it’s not critical, and it is treated elementarily with a lining under the screen, but it can also be attributed to minuses!

Post has been editedProf [MG] - 17.05.18, 20:04

* Prof [MG],
And tell me, do you have MSI Afterburner? And then I have it somehow does not correctly show the temperature .... And Aida does not show the temperature at all

And I also had a question, is it possible to connect a hub with it through a cable?

Rep: (2)
I have been using this miracle of Chinese origin for a week now. Nakatil 10ku, put firewood from the site, the flight is normal. So far from the minuses (for myself) I can mark a very easily soiled plastic (more often it will be a reason to wash my hands). When surfing, movies, and working with docs, you can hear mosquitoes fly, in games (bioshock, kf2) on ultrasound
This lad hardly warms up with a cooler above average performance. Until I am glad, I took it for 70k, analogs for 100 and higher. If anyone knows whether GPU and percent are soldered on the ground, is it interesting for the future?

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedalkonoob - 07.06.18, 16:31
Reason for editing: Photo

Nobody knows whether this machine is still available? I did not manage to buy everything in any way, but now I have the money, but the laptop in Tmol has ended, that the Chinese have sold it.

* JMnemonick123 Yes, I looked at the official site on Aliexpress, where it is available. True, the price is already more than 100k.

* Skoge, If necessary, I can see the performance of Afterburner and Aida64 on my own. About Type-C and its capabilities I can not say anything, alas (

Post has been editedProf [MG] - 10.06.18, 09:38

* Prof [MG],
Yes, I see the ST pro 67k on the ru site of the offs of the manufacturer, but it is not available, there are only 17-inch for 200k and similar, but with 8 gigs of RAM for 146k (but what is the cooling and additional slots for it because ST pro attracted me more because of the coolness and its expandability), and it seems to me that it is unlikely that a discount will be sold will make a big deal for that for 146k, I wrote to him, he answered me saying they agree with the manufacturer, well, I’ll wait for cho. Others do not want to be honest.

* Prof [MG],
Well, as I understand the afterburner because of the hybrid graphics, it works like this, if you switch only to discrete, then this cant disappears.

But on a type trip to a bummer, even though 3.1 gen2, but does not know how to display video, 40 bachets went down the tube into the tube ...

For more than a year, this laptop is in operation. The flight is normal, I installed hard drive, I bought a stand with coolers. Updated BIOS utility off. site, worked well. By autonomy somewhere for 3 hours is enough. Made an engraving of Russian letters.

Unfortunately, on the alik of store they do not deliver them yet, I really hope that they will be more, and even then it seems that they are no longer produced.

* Yudin , stupid stickers for 50 p set
Attached Image

Well, how would he most often have one hell on a stand connected to the monitor, and an external keyboard, t.ch. The need for Russian letters is very exaggerated, and it does not take long to get used to blind typing.

* Skoge , well, I’m carrying him to work every day, although you’re right for 1.5 months of waiting for stickers, I’m used to the principle that a good boost for typing blindly

Dear owners of the laptop, if there were any problems with the integrated graphics, otherwise after the games, the integrated graphics (intel hd 630) remain under 100% load, even after all windows and programs are closed, only the reboot helps. If Who faced, what to do with it?

* alkonoob , well, probably update the driver, or prog reinstall the control center which.
I have not seen this.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/14/19, 8:50 p.m.