> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Retrogame rs-97 | Console talk

Rep: (1)
Attached Imagehttps: // cs5-1.savagemessiahzine.com.to / 12609480.jpg

Retrogame RS-97
Specifications
Screen: 3 inches 320x480 (non-square pixel layout) with an effective resolution of 320x240
Processor: dual-core JZ4760 mips or JZ4760B with a frequency of 528mhz-600mhz (one core intended only for video decoding)
Video Core: Vivante GC200 2D accelerator
RAM: 128MB DDR2
Built-in memory: 2 micro-SDHC slots. One internal and one external with included GBA-clone cartridge. Comes with a 4 or 16 gigabyte card.
Sound: Headphone jack and built-in speaker (identical to GBA-SP speakers)
Battery: Nokia BL-5B 890 mAh
Ports: Mini-USB for data transfer and charging.
The GBA connection port is built-in, but not connected to any teletext data line on the PCB and thus not possible to use.
A GBA size cartridge port does not work with any other card, with the exception of the included micro-SD adapter.

Appearance of the device
Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image

Opportunities
Audio: MP3, WMA, WAV, APE, RA
Text: PDF, TXT, RTF, DOC, HTML
The console supports several emulators out of the box:
CPS, NEOGEO, Game Boy Advance, SFC, Mega Drive, Famicom, Game Boy Color, Sega Master System, Game Gear and others.
Also, Linux (Open Dingux) was ported to the console, which allows you to squeeze out all the features from the console.

Backup ROMs from the original firmware of the console 3 revisions
RetroFW 1.2 for RS-97.

Post has been editedDyuss - 25.03.19, 12:52
Reason for editing: Backup ROMs from the original firmware of the prefix 3 revisions

Rep: (25)
Sickfuck @ 06/23/19, 17:23*
Select + L1 / R1 to emulate pressing L2 / R2

These buttons do not need to be emulated, they are. On the left side is the L2 power button and on top is the R2 brightness button.

Rep: (7)
These buttons do not need to be emulated, they are. On the left side is the L2 power button and on top is the R2 brightness button.

on LDK it was done, by the way. and they didn’t do that on RS97 -?

Razme4alovo @ 06/26/19, 17:22*
they didn’t do that on RS97 -?

What kind of kh? You can decipher what it means.

A5ocali5sis @ 06/26/19, 14:27*
What kind of kh?
: rofl: "what x ..." - bread: rofl: well, or halva: rofl:
as you like more: D

based on the fact that the emulator is the same as on LDK and on RS,
that means, in the RS firmware itself, these two buttons - sleep and brightness - are encoded somehow differently.
and the emulator does not respond to them, like to L2 and R2

Rep: (10)
I got a new white RS-97 plus with a stick and with OpenDingus already installed / The firmware is installed on an external sd card. Without it, the default firmware. It is connected to the video, but the picture is bad, when the game starts, the driver jumps. It doesn’t connect to USB, although it says that the connection is established, a bunch of games seem to be pumped up, but for example, there is a folder on the Quake map, but it is not in the list of games. I will understand further, Something they did with resolution, in the default firmware, the image is stretched horizontally.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Interesting: it is completely impossible to connect via USB? And how can I get access to what's on the internal SD card if USB does not work (the Chinese are broadcasting something about "USB is just for charging", and through the card reader the Windows does not understand the file system on the card?

Post has been editedFredkruger - 02.07.19, 03:54

Rep: (15)
Guys, and the 60 MHz version of thishttps://aliexpress.com/item/-/32920226578.htmlhave any problems? Well, there is a lack of custom, problems due to the high resolution of the display and so on? Or can I take all the rules? The choice between it and the rg300, it seems, are exactly the same devices, but I don’t want a vertical version, although there is also tempered glass on the screen. Or does he have other advantages, who knows? Horizontal LDK dropped out of the competition because of a poorly chasing process, and by the size and resolution of the display it loses to these two. How do you recommend taking your device? According to my criteria, it is ideal, pluses of all the others are collected in one, plus horizontal orientation.

Post has been editedNeo Mp3 - 03.07.19, 11:39

Neo Mp3 @ 07/03/19, 15:36*
Guys, and the 60 MHz version of thishttps://aliexpress.com/item/-/32920226578.htmlhave any problems?

As for problems, people have not yet complained about the version of the console to the forum, there is firmware for it.
The rg300 seems to have a higher screen resolution, but the higher the resolution, the lower the performance in emulators. But for ps1 games, this will be better, as the picture will be clearer and the text will be easier to read. Processors like rs 97 and rg 300 are the same.
In general, take whichever you prefer, I have rs 97 on my hands without a stick for acceleration it takes 684 Mhz stably. While she is happy with everyone.

* a5ocali5sis, The seller that I threw the resolution above indicated 960x480, and not only for him, on all revisions with a 60Hz display it is indicated for others. This is mistake? If not, then it is the same as the rg300 does. It also does not seem to be a mistake because even on the flyer it is indicated, it is unlikely that they make advertising materials with typos.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedNeo Mp3 - 03.07.19, 21:06

* a5ocali5sis, Anyway, thanks for the tip. I almost took rs97, since it has no disadvantages for me. By the way, is the display quality of your revision good? And then they complained about the early ones.

Rep: (269)
Well, what nonsense are you writing here. The screens are identical 320x480 pixels. It's just that some companies like to indicate horizontal resolution in subpixels of which there are three for red numbers - red, green, blue. So we get 320x3.

Neo Mp3 @ 07/04/19, 00:58*
Is your revision display quality good?

Very nice screen, nice color, does not hurt the eyes. Seen from an angle, the color is not distorted. After an hour of playing on such a screen, your eyes do not get tired. I like.

* blackz1982, Well, we don’t know) Does rg300 have the same story? And then I thought that it was too cool for the display to appear.

Posted on 07/04/2019, 04:38:

* a5ocali5sis, Excellent, and here is a plus over competitors.

By the way, tell me if there are protective glasses on plus v.2, on alik I see only for the old revision, there the screen is of a different size and it will not work. Film is also an option.

* Neo Mp3 And why are they different again?

* blackz1982, I see no reason, just as a person, not in the subject of Chinese descriptions, believed the specks declared on paper. Previously, I had no business with Chinese goods of this level not branded, how do I know about such sub-envelopes in the description of the simplest parameter)

* Neo Mp3 The screens on the rs-97 and rg plus v2 are identical in size. Therefore, glasses are suitable from rs-97.
https: //www.aliexpress...chine/32864069163.html

Post has been editedblackz1982 - 04.07.19, 14:39
Reason for editing: Completed

* blackz1982, There, in the first review it is written that they are not suitable for plus. Or is it some kind of first plus, and now the second is on sale? To which glasses from a simple rs97 fit, what did you throw off? I'm just not at all in the subject of these versions and their sizes, but I plan to take the rev.3 version with a 60Hz display
https://aliexpress.com/item/-/32920226578.htmlWill the glass that you took off come up to her?

Post has been editedNeo Mp3 - 04.07.19, 16:55

Rep: (10)
People, but everyone does not have access via USB cable? The Chinese told me that the plant specifically turned off access, it is concerned about the safety of the original firmware. Although it would be something to worry about.

* FredKruger, The original firmware is still on the flash drive, lol. By the way, can I replace it with a retro.fv under Linux? For I don’t understand why I need a dual boot stock and custom boot.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/18/19, 11:29 PM