> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Retrogame rs-97 | Console talk

Rep: (1)
Attached Imagehttps: // cs5-1.savagemessiahzine.com.to / 12609480.jpg

Retrogame RS-97
Specifications
Screen: 3 inches 320x480 (non-square pixel layout) with an effective resolution of 320x240
Processor: dual-core JZ4760 mips or JZ4760B with a frequency of 528mhz-600mhz (one core intended only for video decoding)
Video Core: Vivante GC200 2D accelerator
RAM: 128MB DDR2
Built-in memory: 2 micro-SDHC slots. One internal and one external with included GBA-clone cartridge. Comes with a 4 or 16 gigabyte card.
Sound: Headphone jack and built-in speaker (identical to GBA-SP speakers)
Battery: Nokia BL-5B 890 mAh
Ports: Mini-USB for data transfer and charging.
The GBA connection port is built-in, but not connected to any teletext data line on the PCB and thus not possible to use.
A GBA size cartridge port does not work with any other card, with the exception of the included micro-SD adapter.

Appearance of the device
Attached ImageAttached Image
Attached Image

Opportunities
Audio: MP3, WMA, WAV, APE, RA
Text: PDF, TXT, RTF, DOC, HTML
The console supports several emulators out of the box:
CPS, NEOGEO, Game Boy Advance, SFC, Mega Drive, Famicom, Game Boy Color, Sega Master System, Game Gear and others.
Also, Linux (Open Dingux) was ported to the console, which allows you to squeeze out all the features from the console.

Backup ROMs from the original firmware of the console 3 revisions
RetroFW 1.2 for RS-97.

Post has been editedDyuss - 25.03.19, 12:52
Reason for editing: Backup ROMs from the original firmware of the prefix 3 revisions

Rep: (6)
After that, the emulator icon should appear, the game to run

here immediately the question arises - how to remove the program (emulator, say) installed from the ipk package?
I’m not a very Linuxoid, and I’ve deleted a screw-up emulator (experiments mother of them), stupidly deleting visible files, and yesterday I had to reinstall the whole system ..
I tried with a team through the terminal, but it was already too late .. tell us an experienced person
(played out yesterday with fceux that he didn’t want to put back stupidly, cursed)

Post has been editedRazme4alovo - 14.04.19, 20:51

Rep: (24)
Razme4alovo @ 04/15/19, 00:49*
here immediately the question arises - how to remove the program correctly

Well, about this, I don’t know how to do it either) I first delete the shortcut, select the program, click select, select delete in the list of commands. And then I clean the leftovers in the games or emus folder, plus I delete the hidden folders with a dot in front of the name, since the config is usually stored there. Well, the current version of gmenunx, contributes to the correct installation.

Rep: (15)
Friends, help, how to establish a duknukem, duum, and heretic?

Well, about this, I don’t know how to do it either) I first delete the shortcut, select the program, click select, select delete in the list of commands. And then I clean the leftovers in the games or emus folder, plus I delete the hidden folders with a dot in front of the name, since the config is usually stored there. Well, the current version of gmenunx, contributes to the correct installation.

so I broke off that week ..
Stalker-sheff @ 04/16/19, 12:03*
Friends, help, how to establish a duknukem, duum, and heretic?
Duke put even thoughts were not, on this stationery is a perversion. and the chocolate Dumchik is put from ipk, then in the folder that appears after installation, you throw the gamers, now I will show how it should be - and first start the config shortcut to configure the control. By default it is moronic. stupidly, the strafe is placed on the button (B) - clicked and like you are strapping yourself with a cross to the left - to the right, that's just who made this config by default, to see the player in the Doom even once - to aim, like during a strafe? krch you put strafe on the shift, the cross becomes independent of the strafe, and the rest of the buttons to taste.

So, start the installation, throw * .wad files into the game folder, start the settings (settings shortcuts will appear in the general settings section, where you set the skin, screen, sound and other settings in the main menu), and then the game itself.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

where to get the necessary files? on foreign forums banyat for such links, but I’ll hint at the largest Russian portal dedicated to Doom Heretic Hexen Strife and all that is connected with them - iddqd.ru
there you will find everything you need.

Post has been editedRazme4alovo - 16.04.19, 18:29
Reason for editing: I try to be better

Rep: (24)
Duke nukem has not yet been ported to RetroFW, will be a little later. If you want to play now, you can install Useless firmware, but this firmware is less stable and performance is lame there.
And as for the thought, drop the wad files to any convenient place, for example (doom, doom2, tnt, plutonia, heretic, hexen, strife) in one folder, and then simply launch the necessary wad from the shortcut. On top of everything comrade described)

Rep: (2)
The package arrived just now. The screen is disappointed, the viewing angles along the vertical are scanty, they obviously used the matrix for vertical positioning. Native firmware pleased with minimalism and not very high-quality emulators. I installed the RetroFW firmware, the latest. The prose itself is more convenient, more features. But they do not like the emuls from their site. Superintendovsky sin with graphic artifacts, a problem with the sound in many cartridges. Picodrive of norms, it is on all norm platforms :) Emul neo-geo does not see roms at all, I tried to add the desired extension in the properties of the program, I began to see the files, but it crashes when it starts. In short, little works well until he returned to his hometown.

Rep: (15)
* Razme4alovo , * webtester13 ,
As for the emulator, snes was also disappointed at first and wanted to roll back to useless firmware, then figured out:
start the game, press the power button,
Attached Image

Go to setting
Attached Image

Change the value of frameskip from zero to auto.
And I clicked on all the buttons below where the lines begin with the words save
Attached Image

Voila, everything is fine.

Webtester13 @ 04.16.19, 20:44*
In short, little works well until he returned to his hometown.

understand the settings, native firmware is ridiculous compared to RetroFW! if I were to sit on my own firmware, I wouldn’t just buy this thing.
in the end, it should work better than the Dingoo A320 at the peak of its popularity.

I have here some thoughts about what to do for convenience -
here for example, FCEUX - I take my collection of rums to shovel, start everything alphabetically - and make screenshots. they fall in /.fceux/snaps/ and lie there.
it would be great to connecttrunk to the assthe snaps folder in the FCEUX launch settings as boxart, so that the same screenshots pop up as previews
in the rum selection menu, andeternal buzzI feel good, and other comrades who are interested in the NES game library, I could throw off my screen pack, and they would be nice!
the fact that in the launch settings you can’t see a folder with a dot from the root of the flash drive - the same .fceux / snaps - let's say I won with a notepad, writing it manually.
Yes, the only trouble is that FCEUX refers to screenshots by the name of a working rum, but appends at the end the screen sequence number -0, -1, -2, -3, etc.
and the name of the thumbnail must match the name of the rum file .. well, let’s say, I rename my bunch of screenshots then as a batch file renamer, and add salt to the same roms / nes / prewiews
but it would be nice to have it done as it should! on one of the such cannons that I had for many years, it did so, it was great. and convenient!
sorry, I can’t remember which one ..

Stalker-sheff @ 04/16/19, 20:33*
As for the emulator, snes was also disappointed at first and wanted to roll back to useless firmware, then figured out:

Thanks, I'll try at home. What can you say about neo-geo? Emulsion Race-od does not see the Roma, and crashes. Where else can I find emulators, except on the page that was given above?

Post has been editedwebtester13 - 16.04.19, 22:40

Webtester13 @ 04.16.19, 10:37 p.m.*
What can you say about neo-geo? Emulsion Race-od does not see the Roma, and crashes.
I read the readme to the emulator
This is a NeoGeo Pocket emulator for Open Dingux.
To use this emulator, you must have compatibles ROMS with .NGP & .NGC extension.

You may have a mom's romset with zip folders. it’s not good yet.
throw it right away, you need rum .NGP .NGC format. if I'm wrong, write - we will understand.

Razme4alovo @ 04.17.19, 00:31*
You may have a mom's romset with zip folders.

Yes, I looked at a set of roms already recorded in the sd-card of the console, there is a .fba extension. It is their emulsion that does not see it. Apparently, you need to convert, or wait for the emulator to finish. :)

* webtester13,
Yes, just find and download full neo-geo from the torrents in the desired format.

I apologize. OnthisEmulator Neo Geo pagePocket . I didn’t even know that there was such a portable, I thought only slot machines. So that’s why Neo-Geo does not see rums either. :) So a new question arises: is there an emulsion of machines, such as on the native firmware?
upd: I found out that GnGeo emulator is used on custom firmware. Now find his .ipk file.

Post has been editedwebtester13 - 17.04.19, 21:29

Rep: (5)
I think it's better to take it - LDK or RS-97. For iron the same, at a price also about the same.

The question is ergonomics, no one has felt both consoles, which is more convenient to operate?

LDK

I think her screen is better
although rs suits me
here, it seems to me, there is not much difference, choose what is more convenient for you to hold in your hands
I liked rs in size. They say she has a small ugly screen, with a higher horizontal angle of view than in the vertical. to tell you the truth, this is some kind of screen from the phone of the year before last generation, just set sideways. for its purposes, it will completely come down, again, the price of the toy - 2700 - is quite consistent.
the main thing - she has a small size herself - you can put it in your shirt pocket. and weight - it is very light.
everything suits me. playing wrestlemania on SNES now - works great!

Post has been editedRazme4alovo - 18.04.19, 19:14

Rep: (5)
Razme4alovo @ 04/18/19, 10:10*
here, it seems to me, there is not much difference, choose what is more convenient for you to hold in your hands

So the problem is that I did not hold either one in the hands. But if I can still imagine the ergonomics of 97 - nevertheless it is made for a gamepad, then I can’t imagine how convenient it is for LDK to press ciphers during the game.

Rep: (1)
So the problem is that I did not hold either one in the hands. But if I can still imagine the ergonomics of 97 - nevertheless it is made for a gamepad, then I can’t imagine how convenient it is for LDK to press ciphers during the game.

Here on the vidos you can see how LDK is compact and too tiny compared to rs-97https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU6MWpiUEF4, it seems to me that such small sizes are suitable only for children or girls, in general for all who have small hands.

how LDK is compact and too tiny compared to rs-97

go nuts! for some reason I thought that it was the size of a good old black and white gameba 1989 o_O
because of your vidos I now want her, this little toy. went to order.

Rep: (62)
I think such small sizes are suitable only for children or girls, in general for all who have small hands.

I have big hands, no problem. LDK is very handy in grabbing.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/02/19, 13:46