Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop (gen1) / Xiaomi Mi Gaming Enhanced Edition (gen2) | [notebook] 15.6 "/ 2.8GHz / 16GB RAM
-
What kind of laptop generation do you have?
First (Intel 7th gen) [ 110 ] ** [30,22%]
Second (Intel 8th gen) [ 245 ] ** [67,31%]
Choose the problems you are facing.
No problems or minor [ 263 ] ** [72,25%]
Defect of the screen - dead pixels [ 5 ] ** [1,37%]
Defect of the screen - strong light (noticeable during normal operation) [ 10 ] ** [2,75%]
Overheating of the processor or video card (i.e., when the coolers are running, the temperature under load is consistently above 90 degrees) [ 25 ] ** [6,87%]
Other problems with components, BSODs, image with artifacts, etc. (describe in comment) [ 13 ] ** [3,57%]
Build defects (describe in comments) [ 20 ] ** [5,49%]
Other problems (describe in comments) [ 38 ] ** [10,44%]
Total votes: 364

Rep: (54)
Xiaomi Mi Gaming Laptop (gen1) / Xiaomi Mi Gaming Enhanced Edition (gen2) - Discussion
Windows 10 | 15.6 "| Intel Core i7 8750H | GTX 1060 | 16GB | Gaming
Windows 10 »

Attached Image

• FAQ - a collection of various information on this laptop and its features, solutions to various problems. Recommended for reading.

Additional Images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Modifications
There are two generations of this model. The main difference is the processor generation. The first has an Intel 7th gen processor, the second is an Intel 8th gen. The remaining differences are described below.
  • First generation - Intel 7th gen
    - CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: GTX 1050ti, SSD 128GB, HDD 1000GB (JYU4056CN)
    - CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: GTX 1060, SSD 128GB, HDD 1000GB (JYU4055CN)
    - CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: GTX 1060, SSD 128GB, HDD 1000GB (JYU4054CN)
    - CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ, RAM: 16GB, GPU: GTX 1060, SSD 256GB, HDD 1000GB (JYU4053CN)
  • Second generation - Intel 8th gen
    - CPU: Intel Core i5-8300H, RAM: 8 GB, GPU: GTX 1050ti, SSD 256GB, HDD 1000GB (JYU4088CN)
    - CPU: Intel Core i5-8300H, RAM: 8 GB, GPU: GTX 1060, SSD 256GB, HDD 1000GB (JYU4086CN)
    - CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H, RAM: 8 GB, GPU: GTX 1050ti, SSD 256GB, HDD 1000GB (JYU4087CN)
    - CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H, RAM: 16 GB, GPU: GTX 1060, SSD 256GB, HDD 1000GB (JYU4084CN)
Specifications
  • Screen : 15.6 ", widescreen (16: 9) IPS-display with a resolution of Full HD 1920 Г— 1080 (142ppi), frame width 9.9 mm (display occupies 81% of the front panel), viewing angle 178 В°, color gamut NTSC 72%, brightness 300 nit, 800: 1 contrast ratio, screen opening angle 135 В°
    This laptop is equipped with matrices from different manufacturers, and specifications may vary.
    Known Matrix Models
    - First generation:
    1. BOE NV156FHM-N61
    2. Panda LM156LF9L01
    Model:JYU4055CN
    Date of production of the laptop: 05.2018
    - Second generation:
    1. Panda LM156LF9L01
    Model:JYU4084CN
    Date of production of the laptop: 10.2018
    2. AU Optronics B156HAN02.1
    Date of production of the laptop: 08.2018
    3. Panda LM156LF9L01
    Model:JYU4087CN
    Date of production of the laptop: 09.2018, 10.2018
    4. Panda LM156LF9L01
    Date of production of the laptop: 09.2018

• CPU :
    - first generation:
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ, 2.8 GHz (4 cores with frequency up to 3.8 GHz in Turbo Boost mode, 8 threads)
    Intel Core i5-7300HQ, 2.5 GHz (4 cores with frequency up to 3.5 GHz in Turbo Boost mode, 4 threads)
    - second generation:
    Intel Core i7-8750H, 2.2 GHz (6 cores with frequency up to 4.1 GHz in Turbo Boost mode, 12 threads)
    Intel Core i5-8300H, 2.3 GHz (4 cores with frequency up to 4.0 GHz in Turbo Boost mode, 8 threads)
  • Graphics chip :
    • integrated video card:
      - IntelВ® UHD Graphics 630
    • discrete graphics card (depending on laptop model):
      - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 6GB GDDR5
      - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4GB GDDR5
  • Ram :
    - first generation:
    8/16 (2 * 8) GB DDR4, 2400 MHzSamsung M471A1K43CB1-CRC
    - second generation:
    8/16 (2 * 8) GB DDR4, 2666 MHzSamsung M471A1K43DB1-CTD
    The number of slots RAM -2
  • Drives :
    • first generation:
      - 128/256 GB SSD SATAIII M.2 (+ free PCIe M.2 slot) Maximum read speed up to 1.5 Gbit / s
      - 1 TB HDD 2.5 "
    • second generation:
      - 128/256 GB SSD NVMe M.2 ??? /MZVLB256HAHQ-00000(+ free NVMe M.2 slot) Maximum read speed up to 3.5 Gbps
      - 1 TB HDD 2.5 "WD Blue WD10SPZX-22Z10T1
  • Battery : non-removable, lithium-polymer (Li-Poly), number of batteries 4, capacity 55 Wh, up to 5 hours of online video playback, up to 5.5 hours of offline video playback, up to 6.5 hours of web browsing.
  • Wireless technology :
    - WiFi -Intel (R) Wireless-AC 9560, MIMO 2x2 antenna, maximum speed of 867 Mbit / s, support for the 802.11ac protocol, compatible with 802.11 b / g / n, support for the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands
    - Bluetooth 4.1
  • Sound : AKG Stereo Speakers (2 x 3 W) with Dolby Atmos Technology Support, Hi-Res Audio Certified
  • Front camera : 1.0 megapixel with support for video calls in the resolution of HD 1280x720
  • Ports :
    - 1 x Type-C (data transfer rate up to 5 Gbit / s)
    - 4 x USB 3.0 (data transfer rate up to 5 Gbps)
    - 1 x HDMI 2.0
    - 1 x Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mbit / s)
    - 1 x 3.5 mm headphone jack
    - 1 x 3.5 mm microphone jack
    - 1 x SD / SDHC / SDXC card reader
  • Keyboard : has an RGB backlight with four customizable color zones and 5 programmable keys. Equipped with anti-ghosting technology, which recognizes the simultaneous pressing of up to 30 keys.
  • Trackpad : 6 "(127 mm x 83.6 mm) touchpad with Microsoft PTP clickpad technology
  • Copus material : plastic. The upper part is plated
  • Cooling : 2 coolers, 3 + 2 pipes for heat removal and 4 air vents. 46% of the back cover area is occupied by air intake grilles. There is a separate key to turn on turbo cooling (ultrafast cooling), lowering the temperature to 5 В° C for 10 minutes by increasing the speed of the coolers by 20%
  • Dimensions (mm): 364.0 x 265.2 x 20.9
  • Weight : 2.7 kg
  • Available colors : Navy blue
  • Equipment : Mi notebook x1, power cable x1, instruction manual x1

• Charger specifications :
    • Model : ADC180TM
    • Supply voltage : 100-240V
    • Output voltage : 19.5B
    • Output current : 9.23A
    • Power : 180W
    • Plug type : round with a needle, external / internal diameter 7.4 / 5.0mm, length 11mm
    Compatible S / V Dell with similar characteristics

• Warranty : in accordance with warranty obligations Xiaomi company
Drivers and software
  • Branded Utilities
    - for the first generation:
    mi.com
    - for the second generation:
    mi.com
    To work with Gaming Box and some other applications, you may need to install / update Visual C ++ library runtime components. Current versions can be downloaded from the site.Microsoft.

If not workingOSD (indication of the function keys on the screen Fn + F1-12), then download from the official site Gaming box for the corresponding laptop, unpack (the path should not contain hieroglyphs) and run the installer MiService (e.g. MiService2_Setup_Domestic_3.0.0.163_20181030_1615X_master).
    If the Gaming Box interface is in Chinese, then close the application and copy it with the replacement
    C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Timi Personal Computing \ GamingBox \ *** \ datafiles \ local \ en_US \ LC_MESSAGES \ GameBox.mo
    at
    C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Timi Personal Computing \ GamingBox \ *** \ datafiles \ local \ zh_CN \ LC_MESSAGES \
  • Video Card Drivers
    - integrated :
    downloadcenter.intel.com
    - discrete :

* Nvidia drivers are of two types - standard and DCH.
    "Standard" packages are those that do not require DCH driver components.
    "DCH" (Declarative, Component, Hardware Support Applications) are new packages that are preinstalled by OEMs and include the Microsoft Universal Driver.
    DCH drivers cannot be installed with a standard system, but standard drivers with a DCH system.
    To confirm the type of system you are using, go to the Driver Type item, which is located below the System Information menu on the NVIDIA control panel:
    Screenshot
    Attached Image

• BIOS update
    - forfirstgenerations:
    Current version at the time of writingXMGKB500P0909
    savagemessiahzine.comorbbs.xiaomi.cn
    Improvements:
    • cooler switch-on threshold increased to 65 В° РЎ
    • coolers are not included with a short-term load.

Previous versions:
    - XMGKB500P0808
    savagemessiahzine.comorBaidu
    - XMGKB500P0505

- forsecond generations:
    Current version at the time of writingXMGCF500P0604
    Attached fileXMGCF500P0604.zip(6.78 MB)
    bbs.xiaomi.cnordrive.google.com
    Improvements:
    • minimum fan speed - 2000 rpm
    • the coolers stop at temperatures below 50 В° C (they may not stop if there is any load, but the temperature is below 50 degrees, and vice versa - they may stop at about 55 degrees)
    • improved battery life.

previous versionXMGCF500P0402
    Attached fileXMGCF500P0402.zip(6.78 MB)
    ordrive.google.com
  • Calibration Profiles

Instructions
Instructions: Important:
  1. When disassembling need necessarily disconnect battery
  2. You can turn on the permanent key illumination in the Gaming Box or BIOS starting with BIOS version XMGKB500P0808 (first generation) and XMGCF500P 0604 (second generation)
  3. For those who useUndervolting processor, and wants it to be applied after a reboot, the solution here . Use only if the operation at low voltage stable.

Reviews
Useful

Topics CuratorSKALDEK
For questions about filling caps contact inQMS .

Post has been editedSKALDEK - 16.06.19, 14:39
Reason for editing: Useful.

Rep: (14)
* Monompadin Chipset supports, percent supports. Why not? Already on many similar laptops, everything works. Just SO-DIMM DDR4 with 32 Gb just recently saw the light. So the memory support was not specified anymore, since Earlier in two slots, more than 32 Gb (16 in each slot) could not be placed.

Rep: (5)
I ordered a laptop i7 8750h gtx1050ti 8gb ddr4 2666mhz 2g., now I'm waiting. Changed circumstances most likely will sell. What can you sell?

Rep: (6)
Samilton @ 01.29.19, 06:51*
Chipset supports, percent supports. Why not? Already on many similar laptops, everything works.

If you remember where the tests were, I will be grateful for the links.
LaF_ @ 01.29.19, 01:35*
I have to try, one 32GB module should be enough for the test, I think, although of course a better kit, I think you can go to a normal store with a laptop and put

Maybe I was looking badly, but I did not find it on the market, only behind the hill and for a lot of money, I would probably have to wait a couple of years ..

Rep: (3)
Show us how usb-c - dvi looks like. Is there such a thing?

Rep: (186)
Monompadin @ 01.29.19, 01:13*
those. There is a chance to get 2x32GB on the laptop according to the description that does not support 64GB.
Curious! Who thinks what?

If you look at the prices of these laptops, then everyone is top and costs 100k. It is likely that they underestimated Har-ki, because the time of such volumes has not yet come massively, but again this is top iron and it’s not a fact that 32GB modules will work stably on more budget solutions, but of course you need to check. In Russia, it is generally problematic to find such strips, all are multiples of 16 GB. Found on ebay only, but there is a price of $ 1k,ebay1 ebay2, it is possible to buy 1 more laptop ...

LaF_ @ 01.29.19, 01:35*
can directly directly and see what the current timings

So wrote the same before, on gen2 Samsung M471A1K43DB1-CTD (2667Mhz, timings 19-19-19-43). The name for gen1 is in the header.

AurvanaZen @ 01.29.19, 05:26*
If anyone needs parts in a personal email.

I would take the memory if gen2, but even from Moscow time is very far away)

Post has been editednzim - 29.01.19, 10:44

Rep: (24)
* AurvanaZen,
demolish in a couple of other services, 90% in services - handcuffs, which can replace the current light bulb and require 3,000 rubles for this + diagnostics. A couple of years ago, I was pissed by a cat apple air 13.3 laptop, a couple of cool and large services said that he was dead. The average service said he was dead and offered to buy him a couple of thousand for a symbolic couple))) And the service, where one guy sat, took it for a week, cleaned it, returned it to the workers (the clave had to be replaced, it smelled terribly), 15 thousand is clave. The laptop for 80 thousand became alive, plowing to this day.

Posted on 1/29/2019 10:46 AM:

* george_st somehow So Looks like a bunch of Ali adapters, in the search, drive in the usb type with dvi.

Rep: (0)
Hello everyone) I am planning to take a subject, did anyone run windows 10 in the Pro edition, no problems arise? I need pro to work o.O

Rusnikbond @ 09/11/18, 21:51*
In Vende, everything is OK, but in linuha it is even with Klava. I can not configure hotkeys for 3+ keys (ctrl + alt + shift + e) ​​for example. Only 2+ work. Faced who thread? Maybe someone knows if there is firewood under Linux?

Did you manage to solve the problem? Is there anyone else who put Linux, does everything work? If yes, write which one

Rep: (20)
* Monompadin Why do you need so many operatives? Server on a laptop hold?

Posted on 1/9/2019 at 11:15:

* sonimalite , it is necessary to enable compatibility with the old in terms of display, there is such a setting, look in the screen settings

Rep: (5)
* MALAIKA102,

Posted in HP.

Post has been editedD1G1T - 29.01.19, 12:06

* sonimalite
There, the system setting is about blurry fonts - you have to go through the type of testing and it fixes the blur.

So tell me, does it make sense to update the BIOS?

* george_st
If you search the topic by Keyword, then there are all the answers.

Everything corresponds to the stated diagrams. In short, 0403 is noisier, but due to the fact that coolers often run at 2200-2600 rpm, it heats a little less. Version 0604 is quieter due to the fact that the cooler is not switched on without load, but the delay in starting the coolers gives slightly higher heating temperatures.

* nzim
Thank. The noise doesn't bother me. If you go from the HDMI port to the display, there will be silence. I noticed that if you work without an external monitor, then the coolers barely start at all, and if they turn on, they are barely audible.
And closing the vibe - you forget about them altogether. Because for some reason he is pulling the vidashka.

george_st @ 01.29.19, 12:41*
And closing the vibe - you forget about them altogether. Because for some reason he is pulling the vidashka.

In the settings of a discrete card, you can force the matching application and video card.

* Alex-302,
I have so. How to setup?
Attached Image

Activation of Microsoft Office on the Chinese (original) version of Windows on Xiaomi Mi Gaming Enhanced Edition

The post shows the activation of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016 (Word, Exel, PowerPoint, OneNote), the license for which comes with a laptop. Since the installer with the activation is sewn into the Chinese original version of Windows that comes with the laptop, this version will be considered. It is recommended to activate it before you reinstall Windows to another language.
If you simply install Chinese Windows, no Office downloaded from the Microsoft website will not be there, just Windows in Chinese.

Important!If you have already installed Windows in Russian (or another) and you cannot / do not want to install the Chinese version, then in order to activate Office you should contact Microsoft support, as written in thispost. If suddenly, for some reason, Russian support could not help, then we turn to the United States.

Activation successfully tested on a second-generation Gaming laptop. No VPN and other useful things will be required, only Internet access from a laptop will be needed. The instruction is made on the basis of the manual forXiaomi air, which was adapted for Xiaomi Mi Gaming and in which screenshots were added for greater clarity.

Important!The instruction is made on the example of activation in Russia. If you are in another country, you may need to enter your country, but it is very important that the country and language specified during activation coincide with the language (and country) in which you want to use it!

1. Preparatory stage. This stage can be completed on any computer, laptop or phone with Internet access, it is not necessary to do it all on Gaming itself. If you register to your email, you do not need to enter the phone number, if you create a new account at @ outlook.com, you will need to enter your phone number. Be sure to enter the real mail data / phone number.
Create an account with Microsoft https://account.microsoft.com/ . Enter the name and surname, we also indicate the country of Russia, if the account changes are not saved, then fill in the other required fields and save the changes.

2. Activation of Microsoft Office in the Chinese version of Windows
Important!When activating an office on a Chinese Windows, it is MANDATORY to the question "In which country you bought an office" to choose in the dropoutRussia. (Russia - дї„зЅ—ж–Ї)
Important!In the same place to the question what language do you need to choose in the dropoutRussian. (the Russian language is the first in the list after choosing a country)
To be sure, double-check with Google translator on your smartphone (transfer function on the photo).
Office Activation in Pictures

The Internet must be connected. Check if Windows is activated. We go to the "Chinese" Start ->Settings ->Update and Security
Attached Image

Make sure everything looks the same
Attached Image

Attached Image

[Login] _ [Create Account]
Attached Image

We enter electronic almost from the account of Microsoft
Attached Image

Enter the password
Attached Image

Click "Activate Office"
Attached Image

ChooseRussia
Attached Image

ChooseRussian
Attached Image

Click "Next"
Attached Image

Click "Accept and Run Excel"
Attached Image

We go into your Microsoft account and check that Office for home and school has appeared in it.
Attached Image

This item can be made in the Russian version of Windows. If you have not entered your first and last name in the Microsoft account, as well as the country, then enter, otherwise, if you activate in the Russian version of Windows, there will be a constant error logging into your account.
Attached Image

3. Installing activated Microsoft Office on the Russian version of Windows.
Here I think so everything is clear.
Installing Office on Russian Windows in pictures
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Post has been editednzim - 29.01.19, 16:15

george_st @ 01.29.19, 14:29*
I have so. How to setup?

https://i.imgur.com/nyEXqL1.png

Rep: (10)
Who bought only a laptop, please backup windows with ms office, or just backup office. I will be very grateful

Rep: (14)
* Monompadin on NotebookReview A person with MSI P65 Creator calmly installed these modules. As it was written above on Dell, an option with 64 also appeared, although in fact nothing has changed there except RAM. I also heard about success on Asus ROGs. In fact, everything that the Intel Coffee Lake family has and above will support these modules. Because Chipsets with which they work also support this volume. Of course, exceptions are possible (which I doubt, but still), but on our chipset it is indicated that 64 Gb is supported

Rep: (1)
* bloodmoony With win10 pro there is no problem, everything works. (Installed assembly without a license through UEFI)

Post has been editedP0sitive - 30.01.19, 06:34

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07.15.19, 23:16