> Attention

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Sega Genesis Plus | excellent Sega emulator with tap-zones

Rep: (143)
Genesis Plus / Pocket PC
Emulation: Must be identical to Genesis Plus / SDL.
Kernel 68K: Musashi or Cyclone - to choose from.
Sound: Works.
Save / Download States: Works, but when loading it is necessary to use the same kernel as when saving.
Toolbars: Yes, they are switched by the hardware button.
Screen tap-zones: Yes, they work until they are configured.
Zipped ROMs: Loaded.

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

The most important is speed.

Almost all the games work fine on my typewriter - iPAQ 2210, the percent is driven up to 530Mhz, with such settings:
sound = on

frameskip = 2
core = cyclone
If the game is not supported by the Cyclone core (ex. Shining Force), use the Musashi core. But frameskip will have to be greatly increased.

Unsatisfactory speed went only "Comix Zone"
Using:

Download the build for your processor. Unpack the archive into a directory. Run GenPP.exe. Select ROM. Play;)

Configuration (genpp.cfg):

core - select the type of emulation of the main processor (Motorola 68000) - Cyclone or Musashi.
Cyclone is faster, but compatibility is worse than that of Musashi

z80 - emulation of the second processor (Z80) - MAME, DrZ80 or not to emulate at all (off).
The DrZ80 is faster, but again less compatible than the MAME - Sonic 2 with the DrZ80 does not produce sound.
Turning off the emulation is likely to turn off the sound.

rotateright - Option for left-handers and other people who need to turn the screen in the other direction.

tapzone_X - here it is simple. For example, tapzone_1 = abc means that, when taped in tapzone 1, the emulsion will produce a simultaneous "press of the buttons" A + B + C.
Valid characters:
a - A button,
b - B button,
c - C button,
u - UP button,
d - DOWN button,
l - LEFT button,
r - RIGHT button,

About the settings of a particular game:
These settings can be saved from the main panel of the emulator. What for?
I explain. Let's say Vectorman works wonderfully with core = cyclone and z80 = drz80. And the Shining Force is launched only with core = musashi. Constantly edit the main config is not interesting.
Here it is.
Settings are saved to the ROM directory with the ROM ROM and the .cfg extension.
Note: Values ​​from this file override the settings of the main file.

Of.page:n0p's homepage

Version 0.2beta

Latest version: v1.09 (built 17.03. 2009)

Post has been editedwandererbk - 28.11.09, 16:07

Rep: (0)
I configure the emulator on HTC HD2. After a night of picking, I can say the following:
1. All folders in the path name Latin.
2. Do not move folders after the configuration file is created.

I myself can not figure out the following problem:
Game Rock`n`Roll Racing
Set up 9 tap zones. In the menu, everything works fine. As soon as the race begins, before the first turn all the rules, and then the machine starts spinning on the spot when you press the gas in the direction you turned. If at the same time to turn in the other direction - jerks back and forth. After a while, it may come off, somehow even half the circle passed, turning normally, then the problem arose again.
I do not see the output of button codes, I just tried to turn it off - it did not help.
Has anyone come across? If necessary, I will lay out the global and roma settings files

Upd.
I tested it additionally - it seems that the problem occurs either during multitouch (2 tapas at the same time, B is held by gas, and tapas are indicated by the arrow), or by repeatedly pressing the arrow (more than 3-4 times). Otlipaet with single clicks on the arrow in the direction in which it turns (2-3 times). It seems that the problem is in a certain limitation of the number of tapes per unit of time.

Post has been editedDark_Filin - 15.10.11, 16:23

Rep: (150)
Does not catch the screen wrap message. Does this happen if you simultaneously press in two areas? Then try to make two / three areas with the desired combination of buttons.

Rep: (0)
Not only. It’s enough just to quickly click on one area (in the race on the arrow to turn the machine to the desired angle) and it sticks :(

Rep: (150)
All the same for some reason does not catch the system message - well, or the system does not send it. I can hardly do something, and I will not, because I myself have not been using WinMo for a long time.

Post has been editedn0p - 15.10.11, 20:04

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/29/19 08:53