> Attention

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Sega Genesis Plus | excellent Sega emulator with tap-zones

Rep: (143)
Genesis Plus / Pocket PC
Emulation: Must be identical to Genesis Plus / SDL.
Kernel 68K: Musashi or Cyclone - to choose from.
Sound: Works.
Save / Download States: Works, but when loading it is necessary to use the same kernel as when saving.
Toolbars: Yes, they are switched by the hardware button.
Screen tap-zones: Yes, they work until they are configured.
Zipped ROMs: Loaded.

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

The most important is speed.

Almost all the games work fine on my typewriter - iPAQ 2210, the percent is driven up to 530Mhz, with such settings:
sound = on

frameskip = 2
core = cyclone
If the game is not supported by the Cyclone core (ex. Shining Force), use the Musashi core. But frameskip will have to be greatly increased.

Unsatisfactory speed went only "Comix Zone"
Using:

Download the build for your processor. Unpack the archive into a directory. Run GenPP.exe. Select ROM. Play;)

Configuration (genpp.cfg):

core - select the type of emulation of the main processor (Motorola 68000) - Cyclone or Musashi.
Cyclone is faster, but compatibility is worse than that of Musashi

z80 - emulation of the second processor (Z80) - MAME, DrZ80 or not to emulate at all (off).
The DrZ80 is faster, but again less compatible than the MAME - Sonic 2 with the DrZ80 does not produce sound.
Turning off the emulation is likely to turn off the sound.

rotateright - Option for left-handers and other people who need to turn the screen in the other direction.

tapzone_X - here it is simple. For example, tapzone_1 = abc means that, when taped in tapzone 1, the emulsion will produce a simultaneous "press of the buttons" A + B + C.
Valid characters:
a - A button,
b - B button,
c - C button,
u - UP button,
d - DOWN button,
l - LEFT button,
r - RIGHT button,

About the settings of a particular game:
These settings can be saved from the main panel of the emulator. What for?
I explain. Let's say Vectorman works wonderfully with core = cyclone and z80 = drz80. And the Shining Force is launched only with core = musashi. Constantly edit the main config is not interesting.
Here it is.
Settings are saved to the ROM directory with the ROM ROM and the .cfg extension.
Note: Values ​​from this file override the settings of the main file.

Of.page:n0p's homepage

Version 0.2beta

Latest version: v1.09 (built 17.03. 2009)

Post has been editedwandererbk - 28.11.09, 16:07

Rep: (4)
Updated 03.22.2006 updated,
a lot of new things, including stability, speed
(It seemed to me faster, maybe due to the fact that the audiseplreit was lowered to 8000).
setting from the program menu, editing tap zones.

Picture

just about to ask how to stay, how everything is here.
Plus, a button for quick save and load save appeared. to use to all.

Post has been editedx25 - 24.03.06, 14:09

Rep: (14)
Well, there are owners of Ipaq-kov, respond ..
Buttons 194 and 195 (A and B) do not work, I tried many different values, looked at the key numbers in morphine (all versions), PocketNES (SNES), PocketGBA, PicoDrive, etc., and everywhere for 4 hard buttons there are values
198, 199, 200, 201. I tried to insert these numbers into the CFG file of the emulator, in general, no buttons plow.
I can’t even understand the order in which the keys are assigned; numbers go from 193 to 197;
the start button costs 13, and completely incomprehensible 273, 274, 275, 276 for the arrows (although the arrows work), what is the logic ??
I can not play without buttons A and B
Yes, there were Tap zones, more convenient saving, increased speed, but I still had a problem with two hard buttons, and judging by the reviews, the problem only occurs on Ipaqs of the two thousandth series, I have 2750 (WM2003SE), from a friend 2410, although Energizer wrote in this topic, but he has a problem with 195 and 196
And to the author I have a wish, in the next build to make a GUI interface for configuring buttons

Who can help in this situation ??

Rep: (630)
nop
I installed the latest version, now the emulator has become much more convenient. However, the problem with the sound remained - it podzakitsya :(. Apparently there is not enough 400MHz processor. With a frameskip 3-4 the sound is better, but there is still a nuance - with such a frameskip (for example 4) some games go so fast (more precisely, the action in games it turns out quickly) that it’s unrealistic to play them, for example, in Fun Car Rally or in Super Off Road. You have to make frame 1 or even 0, and the sound, accordingly, almost completely disappears. It would be nice to set the audio priority mode to graphics with settings through config, type sound priority = on / off.

Rep: (30)
And for some reason, the early version is better for me. But in general, the emulsion is good, for complete happiness, only the x y z buttons are missing, since there are many games where they are actively used.

Rep: (32)
by the way really miss xyz
and it's a shame but nhl 97 and 98 fly out
And so the best emulsion shogi on the PDA
Respect to the author and a request to finish what has been started

Rep: (150)
Gentlemen, how do you imagine these six buttons on the PDA?
Games designed for a 6-button pad when detecting a 3-button pad use the "start" button to switch A, B, C - X, Y, Z

Post has been editedn0p - 27.03.06, 15:38

Rep: (4)
n0p , Something the sound disappears after loading the save, or really mutes.
I play almost all games on all emulsions without sound. just stating.

MEGAMONSTER Of course you’re sorry, but putting the priority of sound over the picture is nonsense.
the picture is more important. how do you imagine the sound is normal and the picture slows down?
hosh listen to music turn on your mp3 player, I generally play under TV.
my opinion is that sound will always mute, at least on current machines,
painfully demanding toys for resources.

and the whole set of buttons is also in question. all the same, full return can be obtained only if
pick up the joystick. You can’t achieve such usability with a PDA. so I want the next PDA with a yusby host,
and so that the joystick can be picked up there. By the way, as an option ABC on tap zones, XYC - on hardware,
which are the least used so far away.

Rep: (32)
n0p for example, I really miss the x button in some games it is used as a hit in fiat and tennis, it would be nice to be able to display three buttons from different rows, for example ABX instead of ABC

I do not want to upset anyone, but so far the action plan is as follows:

1. Optimization (at the moment it is almost playable with sound at 400Mhz and frame skip 2)
2. Normal frame synchronization and auto frame skip.

Rep: (732)
n0p ,
It would be nice to make A-B-C micro-buttons a little bigger, or customizable on the screen :)
Nails of course it's good, but often you don’t get it :)

By the way, what about the site? People do not have the ability to download the emulator from there :)))
Lay out here so that they have such an opportunity.

Attached files

Attached fileGenPP.ARM.rar(311.16 KB)

The site (like) ordered a long life - the domain name registration has ended.
Hosting was providedSupernova completely free, for which many thanks to him.
So there’s nothing to download and nowhere. ;)

Rep: (16)
My dell hangs on tap on the EXE. PDA after a hard reset, play is not fate?

Sory, just the emulator did not work with firewood for 2700g. disconnected, now everything is ok

Post has been editedToLLIa - 04.04.06, 18:47

Rep: (30)
n0p, 03/27/06 05:36:52
Gentlemen, how do you imagine these six buttons on the PDA?
Games designed for a 6-button pad when detecting a 3-button pad use the "start" button to switch A, B, C - X, Y, Z

I represent the same way as on the emulator Sonya - tapzones. In Sonya, 12 tapzons and in genesis + only 6 - there is much to expand.

Moved to another hosting.
Page here:
_http://scorohost.com.ua/n0p/ru/?Genesis_Plus

Post has been editedn0p - 29.03.06, 14:33

Rep: (143)
M
Corrected the topic header.

Rep: (59)
At launch, I have vertical and color bars.

Rep: (732)
Ah shaitan! The emulator has become chic!
Much more convenient than the previous version ..
Although at the last I just went through the boogirman :)

But is it possible to optimize the emulator as a thread so that the sound does not support during games?

Rep: (38)
There is a lack of portrait mode. n0p, when will it be? )

PS in portraiture would be a plus would like some kind of anti-alias to make the fonts read better

Rep: (9)
tapsons, this is certainly cool ... but there are communicators with a quarty keyboard, is it involved in the process? to Claudia, it’s really good, it would also be portrait mode))

competent emulsion, thank you from the bottom of my heart, I finally passed the game, which I’ve been tormenting since childhood)) I would have needed more such full-fledged and professional software !!

Rep: (43)
Does Dune II run on it?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/09/19, 21:06