> Attention

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Sega Genesis Plus | excellent Sega emulator with tap-zones

Rep: (143)
Genesis Plus / Pocket PC
Emulation: Must be identical to Genesis Plus / SDL.
Kernel 68K: Musashi or Cyclone - to choose from.
Sound: Works.
Save / Download States: Works, but when loading it is necessary to use the same kernel as when saving.
Toolbars: Yes, they are switched by the hardware button.
Screen tap-zones: Yes, they work until they are configured.
Zipped ROMs: Loaded.

Attached ImageAttached ImageAttached Image

The most important is speed.

Almost all the games work fine on my typewriter - iPAQ 2210, the percent is driven up to 530Mhz, with such settings:
sound = on

frameskip = 2
core = cyclone
If the game is not supported by the Cyclone core (ex. Shining Force), use the Musashi core. But frameskip will have to be greatly increased.

Unsatisfactory speed went only "Comix Zone"
Using:

Download the build for your processor. Unpack the archive into a directory. Run GenPP.exe. Select ROM. Play;)

Configuration (genpp.cfg):

core - select the type of emulation of the main processor (Motorola 68000) - Cyclone or Musashi.
Cyclone is faster, but compatibility is worse than that of Musashi

z80 - emulation of the second processor (Z80) - MAME, DrZ80 or not to emulate at all (off).
The DrZ80 is faster, but again less compatible than the MAME - Sonic 2 with the DrZ80 does not produce sound.
Turning off the emulation is likely to turn off the sound.

rotateright - Option for left-handers and other people who need to turn the screen in the other direction.

tapzone_X - here it is simple. For example, tapzone_1 = abc means that, when taped in tapzone 1, the emulsion will produce a simultaneous "press of the buttons" A + B + C.
Valid characters:
a - A button,
b - B button,
c - C button,
u - UP button,
d - DOWN button,
l - LEFT button,
r - RIGHT button,

About the settings of a particular game:
These settings can be saved from the main panel of the emulator. What for?
I explain. Let's say Vectorman works wonderfully with core = cyclone and z80 = drz80. And the Shining Force is launched only with core = musashi. Constantly edit the main config is not interesting.
Here it is.
Settings are saved to the ROM directory with the ROM ROM and the .cfg extension.
Note: Values ​​from this file override the settings of the main file.

Of.page:n0p's homepage

Version 0.2beta

Latest version: v1.09 (built 17.03. 2009)

Post has been editedwandererbk - 28.11.09, 16:07

Rep: (592)
Great news! And the dune goes without glitches?

Rep: (143)
MEGAMONSTER ,
Stupid question, download and check: D

Rep: (30)
The first really good shogi emulator! I enjoyed playing without brakes and with a normal sound to my favorite Rock'n'Roll Racing, which loses half of its drive without sound.

Rep: (4)
n0p - this is truly a popular and respectable developer. Big bow to him! :)

The emulator turned out very good. Only on my asus620vt sound stutters:
Dune is coming, by the way in this game a glitch appears with polling the keys of the cyclone core - the joystick's crossbar does not work, everything is ok on the musashi core, only slower. Emul compatibility is very good. The speed, in my opinion, is slightly lower than in picodrive, but there is no sound in picot and the screen does not rotate, everything goes in a reduced resolution of 240x160, so it’s not surprising.

Rep: (22)
I can not reassign the buttons 195 and 196 in any way - I register them in the config and there is no reaction. But the buttons 194 (a) and 193 (mode) work help someone !!!
p.s. machine i-mate pocket pc (wm2005)

Rep: (150)
The sound can stutter for two reasons:
1. Shortage of processor power. - We overclock the processor / raise the frameskip.
2. My curve is the procedure for synchronizing frames with sound. Buffer size in next Version, if it appears, can be installed in the config.

It may be worth adding such a feature as an onscreen button with the name “Roll”, the meaning of which will be this: because The emulsion works in horizontal mode, it is most convenient to manipulate the joystick and the voice recorder button, since the remaining buttons are located next to the joystick and they are not so convenient to act. In most games, only one of the A, B, or C buttons is most actively used, but what’s the problem, every time you need to bind the necessary key under a dictaphone button, it turns out to be troublesome. The on-screen button "Roll" would switch in a circle A, B or C to a dictaphone button (for example, specified in the config in advance, roll key = 197) without leaving the emulator. Well, in general, it is so wish. :)

Rep: (14)
Qtek c110 - no sound
------------------------------------

It worked. It turns out the folder with the emulsion should be at the root.

Post has been editedFirstAlex - 15.03.06, 11:59

Tell me 3715 for some reason, after starting and choosing a rum, emul pops up. I tried and put the same in memory only in profile

3715 on proce from Samsung? Then download the version for ARM processors. IMHO.

I tried both versions the same way

Rep: (731)
well, just a great emulator. For the first time I see such a fast and high-quality work.

I would like to see further:
- setup of everything not from the file but directly in the emulsion itself
-selection of a certain rum without scanning :)

Rep: (150)
In short, the planned development:

1.1. Add an assembly core Z80 (DrZ80)

2.1. Modify save / load functions so that they can be loaded using any kernel.

3.1. Highlight used save slots. (hello maskin;)).
3.2. Make a leaving toolbar with saving, loading and adjusting the frameskip (IMHO, switching with the button is still not very convenient)
3.3. Take the procedure for selecting files from Haali Reader, for example.

Rep: (11)
Truly wonderful thing. Does it support portrait mode? If not, is it planned in the future?

Z80 on asm is good. The sound will surely go better. Maybe it’s still worth adding the "Roll" button to the exit panel, well, or just changing the binding of the hardware buttons to the buttons of the Segovogo joystick A B C, without leaving the emulator? ;)

Post has been editedMEGAMONSTER - 17.03.06, 22:00

Rep: (14)
Released new emulsion for Sega

Genesis Plus, by nOp

Tell me how to set up

buttons A and B, numbered

194, 195 in the config file, they

not working, tried different

Options 200, 201, etc.

I do not understand the principle

assigning numbers to buttons

start for example
listed as 13, although in all

the rest of emulators are 134 (86 in

Hex), and the button with 196 (C4 in

Hex), then logically 194 and

195 should work but

Nehru after all. After all, the emulsion is

great but no buttons like

play ?

Maybe it's in Russian (Quarta)

or SPB +

Type Ipaq hx2750 VM2003

Rep: (731)
liver ,
not taught that clone topics - very bad, especially in our forum?
M
glued

Rep: (1)
a great emulator, tapsons would still be customized, so generally there would be a super, well, add more platforms to it (in perspective;))

Rep: (4)
URIA !, waited so long for the tap zone. In morfgire pancake did not wait. For a shogi just ruinous to play in portrait mode.
And then just kicks. GREAT respect.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/05/19 16:56