Interchangeable optics in the phone | Bokeh mining experiments

Rep: (9)
SPec1106 @ 10.10.18, 17:25*
Recommend a macro nozzle for the phone please.

On alik look at Apexel firms. Only not the cheapest.

Rep: (1)
What kind of useless garbage people do not ...

Post has been editeddronn90 - 21.12.18, 13:35

Rep: (23)
It is a pity that the topic does not develop further. I wonder what the results of the experiments with changing optics on Mi 4 came. Photos are very beautiful in the subject, I would not distinguish them from those taken with a DSLR. If you look at them from a smartphone, of course.

Rep: (4)
I would also like to know about the experiments of the author)

Rep: (7)
* In_Extremo,
Well, if you look blind, then in general you can not try. If you look from the phone, then the editors can achieve the result. With a SLR and the right optics, it still can not be compared. This is if only to indulge and put away in the closet. As I have a set of clothespins with lenses for more than a year.

* ph0enixblack Do I need to cheat photos from a smartphone purely from the principle?) Search for any shortcomings, dig into every little thing to prove the superiority of DSLRs? For an ordinary person who just loves to enjoy beautiful photos, there will be no difference. (as part of this topic) If a photographer knows how to beautifully present a photo picture, then he will make a masterpiece from a smartphone. And given that here it’s not just lenses on a clothespin, but a completely different creative approach, then there is no point in comparing.

Rep: (7)
* In_Extremo,
Totally agree with you. Moreover, it is not in vain that each device is designed for its own. I understand that the requirements can be different, and the result will also be different. At the same time, the SLR in the hands of an ordinary user is also not a panacea.

Rep: (11)
In_Extremo @ 02.15.19, 10:07*
Do I need to cheat photos from a smartphone purely out of principle?)

Why "hate"? It’s just that you develop the theme of simulating on the phone some effects inherent in SLRs (the same bokeh), and it looks much better on the DSLR itself. At the same time, the quality is incomparable .. That is, roughly, the ideas of the format

If an adult mouse
Take and hold it carefully
Cram needles into it
You will get a hedgehog.

If this hedgehog,
Stopping your nose so that you don’t breathe
Where deeper, throw into the river
You will get a ruff.

If this ruff,
Holding the head in a vice
Stronger to pull the tail
You will get a snake.

If this already, having prepared two knives ...
However, he will probably die:
But the idea is good!

: D

* bober1976 , Nobody says that a smartphone can compete with a camera. Although .. maybe, of course. Under certain conditions. And only if it is a smartphone from the flagship line of camera phones, and not a budget option.
I am writing about something completely different here.
The point is that if the photo is beautiful, then it is beautiful. No need to compare it with photographs taken on a DSLR. If the blurring turned out to be harmonious and high-quality, then you just need to enjoy it, and not to breed the demagogy that it would look even better on the DSLR: rofl:
The power of DSLRs is 60% in their lenses. Maybe more / less.
With the lenses of smartphones .. absolutely "no way."
And in this thread there was an attempt to pump a smartphone camera using optics from cameras. Isn't that interesting? Overhead lenses for smartphones are currently being sold, which do little to increase the quality of the photo.
And the experiment in this topic, in my opinion, was a success. Because the photos that are fixed in the header, they look very decent.

Post has been editedIn_Extremo - 24.02.19, 10:02

Rep: (5)
who tried to shoot on anamorphic glass? kappkur or momentum, or analog. How are you feeling?

Rep: (8)
Your photos in the first message were taken with the effect of "mono", or you removed the color filter from the matrix?

Rep: (16)
They are discolored because due to the lack of an IR filter, the image is pink.

10111 @ 06.04.19, 03:16 *
They are discolored because due to the lack of an IR filter, the image is pink.

That is, after, do you process pink color in black and white on a PC? And did you get an increase in photosensitivity?
After all the manipulations, your autofocus should stop working - didn’t the camera give an error?

The camera does not care about the presence or absence of the lens) Therefore, such a modification does not affect the operation of regular applications.
On xiaomi, after the experiments, he assembled the camera back, it works as before.

10111 @ 07.04.19, 22:59 *
The camera doesn’t care for the presence or absence of a lens)

Ah, I’m judging from experience with digital soap dishes, there’s almost something wrong with the lens, the camera refuses to work.
10111 @ 07.04.19, 22:59 *
On xiaomi, after the experiments, he assembled the camera back, it works as before.

How can this non-collapsible 7x7mm box be taken apart and put back together? Yes, to work ..
So, in mono mode on your smartphone, did you translate it from pink to black and white, or to a PC? And how much increased photosensitivity?
If I suppose a lover of b / w photos, then can I turn this procedure on for iPhone CE, or is it better to buy something like the Huawei P9?

* dybalda
It’s easy to make out. The matrix is ​​located in a housing with guides for the lens, all this is covered by a cover.
Everything is taken out, if necessary, put back. The focusing lens is moved by a simple magnet.
In the camera, Xiaomi Mi4 had balls in the guides, obviously playing the role of bearings.
I don’t remember exactly those photos. It seems that on the phone in FS Express translated into b / w.
Sensitivity is not measured, it was not necessary.
Faced mainly with the fact that the available lenses with the CS mount turned out to be lousy, and this has stalled so far.
It is necessary to make better fastening of the thread to the phone, for this you need a donor.
Well, buy better optics on Ali.

Photos are very beautiful in the subject, I would not distinguish them from those taken with a SLR.

What are you talking about, the author of the topic has only 2 portrait photos. All the rest is a golem macro, which for any nonsense photo equipment is obtained with the quality of a "mirror".
10111 @ 13.03.18, 01:58 *
Bokeh mining experiments

Just now I noticed this inscription in the title of the topic. Again, the macro comes with bokeh a priori, why not even distort it with a change of lens. We would add close-up photos and more portraits.
10111 @ 08.04.19, 16:25 *
Faced mainly with the fact that the available lenses with the CS mount turned out to be lousy, and this has stalled so far.
It is necessary to make better fastening of the thread to the phone, for this you need a donor.
Well, buy better optics on Ali.

Attached ImageThe $ 14 CS-mount lens is better than the optics built into the phone, or worse?

And maybe if you have problems with the donor, can you switch to Series 5 Aifrn for experiments?

P.S. And I still don’t understand the phone’s algorithm of action - what will he do when he realizes that there are some problems with the focus mechanism? Or what will he do when he cannot catch the focus in contrast? - Continue to focus, or focus on what is?

Post has been editeddybalda - 09.04.19, 12:07

* dybalda
I have no problems with the donor, I just postponed these experiments for later.
Now I’m doing something completely different)
The lens in the photo is certainly worse. Aperture without the use of high-quality optics does not give anything good.
For a less interesting result is needed, I think, at least a 5MP lens with aperture 1.8.
There are cooler, but they are more expensive.

There are no problems with the focus mechanism for the phone.
No mechanism - no problem.
The phone removes incl. having missed the focus, therefore, the absence of a lens does not matter to him.
In addition, there is always a manual mode.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/02/19, 22:59