> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro - Marriage and Repair | Smartphone, 5.99 "

Rep: (2439)
Marriage and RepairXiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
PictureXiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, HMN5P, whyred
Description | Discussion » | Purchase » | Marriage and Repair » | Accessories » | MIUI firmware » | Custom firmware » | Kernels » | power usage » | Xiaomi club » | Mi Account » | Bootloader unlocking » | Camera talk » | Modification and decorations » | Owners Club »

• Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Useful
Polls archive
Attached Image

Attached Image

Who is looking for parts or wants to get rid of them, there is a topic
Purchase / sale / replacement parts

Topics CuratorKeep quiet

Post has been editedKeep quiet - 23.02.20, 14:09
Reason for editing: Edit

Rep: (96)
* SkyFlow,
Lucky you. I was at 04.2018 residual.

Rep: (49)
quassso @ 26.09.18, 09:48*
2 phones come with Ali, both matrix Shenchao

In the normal screen, it should be all right, no framework, lit, etc. Just the other day was in E shop, just a test to screen Senchal stood, there is no framework, and the like, and image retention, it seemed to me that the picture is better Tianmu, I could be wrong of course.

Rep: (49)
Oh, this syaomishny random .... strain already started. With no guarantee of course it is better not to take, it is not known when the screen will be covered with strips or appear before you go shopping, what a screen will fall. But what then, in the screens that are on redmi for everyone will not say, but the score was 4 fight, two redmi plus laptop and 5 Tianmu, no completely white, he seemed to have but it is not white. I realized this when there was Motorola e4 plus. At Lenovo -moto screen quality, though the apparatus inexpensive and here on what is saved ..... look great all paint a picture .... and when you compare the savings ....

Rep: (79)
About sticking processor frequencies at maximum values

UPD: The firmware version 8.10.25 (Global Developer) and 10.0.3.0 (Global Stable) bug fixes

Bug description:sometimes quite randomly frequency sticky CPU to its maximum value even without a load on smartphone (In the normal mode frequencies Governor automatically lowered to minimum values ​​when the load is not present, i.e. there is a continuous change in frequency depending on the load).
Symptoms: Heating, poor endurance, zhor batteries in a simple or night.

According to surveys of users on the forum often bug appears on devices with fingerprint sensorGoodix . But there are cases when the same bug manifests itself on a sensor device Fpc (but very rarely).

frequency sticking occurs completely randomly: every few days, once a day, every few hours, completely randomly. It helps only restart, but after - it will appear again soon.

Bug manifested at all drain firmware MIUI (and stable and on a weekly, and MIUI 9 and MIUI 10) .
There are occasions when a bug was not shown on the custom firmware such as, for example Pixel Experience on Android 9.

How to check your phone for the presence of a bug

1. Install the application Devcheck (Alternative: AIDA64 or CPU-Z )
2. Go to the app Devcheck and in the "Toolbar" (Dashboard), you will see the frequency of all nuclei.
If the frequencies are stuck on the values ​​of 1612 and 1804 and do not change - then you present this bug!
If the frequency change - so you have everything in order (the frequency must be changed for LITTLE cores 633 - 1612, for BIG cores 1113 - 1804.

Examples:
With bug
Attached Image

without bug
Attached Image

How do I find the model of your fingerprint sensor finger?
1. We go into the engineering menu ( "Settings" ->"About phone" and klatsat many times "Kernel version" or simply enter the code *#*#6484#*#* )
2. Come in paragraph 33 "Finger sensor test" and watch Type

Some ways the fix this bug

1. Change the Governor with the "interactive" on the "ondemand" (requires ROOT)
How to get ROOT
You need to installKernel adiutor (Or any other equivalent)
Do not pay attention to that Kernel Auditor LITTLE kernel can display the maximum values ​​on the main page, this strange application
1. We go into the application Kernel adiutor
2. In the left menu, go to the person who departs to "CPU"
Unit CPU
Attached Image

3. Change the Governor with interactive on ondemand for BIG and LITTLE cores
change the Governor
Attached Image
Attached Image

After rebooting the Governor again becomes interactive!
The application has the opportunity to display the settings when booting device.
2. Disable fingerprint general
1. Go to "Settings" - "Lock and protection" - "Management of prints"
2. Remove everything existing fingerprints
3. Reboot device

Additional Information

It is known that the bug manifests in other devaysakh (Mi A2, Mi6X, Redmi Note 4X)!
For more information on this bug at:

How to help

The first step is to "vote" for bug on the official forum MIUI, the more people who vote - a greater chance that we will be heard.
For this you need:

1. MI Create an account if you do not already have it
2. Vote on the Russian forum MIUI bug here (Click the big button below the post Confirm )
3. Vote on the English forum MIUI bug here (Click the big button below the post Confirm )
authorize yourself
Attached Image
Attached Image
CONFIRM
Attached Image

Attached Image

4. Write a post in the discussion here for information
Template
[B] Bug sticking processor frequency [/ b]
[U] It is shown: [/ u] Yes (or No)
[U] version of Android: [/ u] 8.1.0 (OPM1.171019.011)
[U] Update your system security: [/ u] 2018-09-01
[U] Firmware: [/ u] MIUI 10 Global 8.9.20 Beta
[U] Kernel Version: [/ u] 4.4.78-perf +
[U] finger print sensor Version: [/ u] Goodix
[U] helped: [/ u] Changing Governor ondemand on and off fingerprints (or thoughts that help specifically to you)

If you have not yet bought a smartphone!

Since this bug is seen only with time and store no special features before buying to make sure that you do not have this bug, to minimize the purchase of a defective phone, you can see by the engineering menu fingerprint sensor version of the fingers anddo not buy a sensor phone Goodix . How to see the model of the sensor - see in this post above.

Post has been editediFreeMan - 24.01.19, 09:41
Reason for editing: In the header

Rep: (1)
* Skyflow , Use virtually with the appearance on the market globalki, designed for pre-order. Fikisruyu on a brown background, using the dark theme in the application VKontakte owl, the appearance of light Google icon, the icon with the keyboard in the upper left corner. If you print about 15 minutes, the brightness of the limit, then you send, retractable keyboard and see this wonder at the old place.

Rep: (23)
* iFreeMan,
Do you think the warranty may be changed to another? Where the chip will be FPC. Phone 2 weeks

lukar100 @ 27.09.18, 07:34*
Do you think the warranty may be changed to another? Where the chip will be FPC. Phone 2 weeks

Well, if 14 days had passed, they must change, because you have the reasons for which it does not suit you.
But if more than 14 days .. Is that pay for repairs and explain the problem. But it's still in the shops off the service it will be sent with the claim, it will consider until it .. that is some kind of a hike without the phone.
But I do not know what the answer will be and what they will do in this case ... there is no such experience.

Rep: (5)
lukar100 @ 27.09.2018, 13:34*
* iFreeMan,

What the hell. Nobody will change

Rep: (195)
Chester103 @ 26.09.18, 21:21*
Lucky you. I was at 04.2018 residual.
We have 4 of these phones. And one from a colleague at work. The first two colleagues and the phone about a half or two months. Two more than a month. Nowhere is there residual images. Everywhere Tianma. True to the three of them are custom AOSP, it can affect.

ildar117 @ 27.09.18, 0:08*
score of 4 was a fight, two redmi plus laptop and 5 Tianmu, no completely white, he seemed to have but it is not white.
Color calibration at the factory, most manufacturers turned to fiction, most likely. Everywhere scatter white color temperature. Do Ruth put Kernel Adiutor and configure themselves on the range of colors subtly as you want. Just put the Motorola together and make it as white. I did on my Redmi Note 4 and three Redmi Note 5 family. My green one RN5 Sinilov much. As a result, all done just like a tablet Mi Pad, where a great array of Sharp stands. White was the same everywhere. So do not be upset if the other disadvantages not, you can rectify the color as your heart desires.

Rep: (42)
iFreeMan @ 26.09.18, 23:09*
About sticking processor frequencies at maximum values
I sticks to the FPC, the problem started after upgrading to 10.0.1.0, 9 miui body works like a Swiss watch, I think that there is not in the scanner, what else ...

KASTET81 @ 27.09.18, 09:56*
I sticks to the FPC, the problem started after upgrading to 10.0.1.0, 9 miui body works like a Swiss watch, I think that there is not in the scanner, what else ...

I think that makes sense.
I have a friend in the FPC, it used to be the other way around .. the problem is, and then, it seems, after the 8.8. *, This problem went away (I do not remember already precisely developerki number)

* iFreeMan, minimum program - 10.0.2.0 to wait and hope that the Chinese programmers to reach the bug reports!

With the sticking problem frequencies only termokonfigah nucleus. I was so in the Redmi Note 4, in a branch of it all for a long time already sucked on this topic. Everything got better patch the kernel. It was on the Mi Max. In general, this jamb kernel 100%. Sam was sitting on kastomov Lineage OS, is used to be and katabatic core, the monitor is using CPU-Z. Then it gets better in the nucleus. All at once it became good. Scripts were also distinguished from 32Bit, which ruled termokonfig frequency and reset conditions.
I think that this problem will recover over time. In any case, right now it is treated by changing the kernel.
On kastomov Pixel Expirience, for example, is the core of Derp, which is in itself excellent, not noted for sticking.

Oh, I forgot to say earlier sticking sinned only Snapdragon 625. What is now on 636, says that the Chinese are very relaxed)

KASTET81 @ 27.09.18, 10:07*
10.0.2.0 wait

So I developerka weekly, and update it every week - no results)
In fact, that MIUI MIUI 9 that 10 they are still something built on the same platform (kernel version, device drivers), they only update the application environment (IISP launcher, dialer, settings, etc.).
Although you never know how to know what is causing this problem ...

Posted on 27/09/2018, 11:12:

* thunderbeat
But this is a very interesting observation. Is there a link where it is sucked and explained?
It is interesting to see ..
Just curious why some it manifests itself, while others - never, stone is the same, the core of all the same.
And funny that when I change the Governor on ondemand - I do not stick frequency. While I understand that the ondemand much easier than it interactive with lots of settings and nuances ..

* iFreeMan, I only reboot helps the body at night did not sleep on the little-core 1612 mhz 100% 7 hours to eat 19% of the charge in the morning rebutnul - all ok

thunderbeat @ 27.09.18, 10:07*
before sticking sinned only Snapdragon 625. What is now at 636

In the subject with MI A2 also an active discussion of this bug is. With it a far more active than here.
660th And these sins.
It turns out the whole second series of these sins

iFreeMan @ 27.09.18, 11:09*
But this is a very interesting observation. Is there a link where it is sucked and explained?
It is interesting to see ..
Just curious why some it manifests itself, while others - never, stone is the same, the core of all the same.
And funny that when I change the Governor on ondemand - I do not stick frequency. While I understand that the ondemand much easier than it interactive with lots of settings and nuances ..

The theme of cores and custom bikes Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon. Look for and
phrase "stuck in 1689". This is the frequency in MHz, where sticky Snapdragon 625. It was all just manifested at some obscure circumstances. And many simply did not notice. I have about once a week was, I did not understand then. It was treated reboot and until next time. Changing kernel Governor treated the situation, because this changes termokonfig. In a post 32Bit is all explained and the script wrote.
And then all these talks came to naught because Xiaomei and fixed at its core and MIUI team LOS too. So, apparently, there was some patch and all its maintainer kastomov applied, because for six months this is no problem. But on the Redmi Note 5 got out ... And exactly in exactly.
Put the core custom. If you already have on custom bikes, the Derp. There all just fine, and no sticking. And the residual images are not seen on custom bikes)

Posted on 27/09/2018, 11:49:

iFreeMan @ 27.09.18, 11:28*
It turns out the whole second series of these sins
I do not want to disappoint, but on Mi5S with Snapdragon 820 were stuck. Most likely these are the core write Xiaomei)
Or use one core template for heap models snepdregone.

Post has been editedthunderbeat - 27.09.18, 11:48

* thunderbeat
Thanks! A very useful infa! Pokolupayu topic.

thunderbeat @ 27.09.18, 10:47*
And the residual images are not seen on custom bikes)

Uh, to be honest hardly understand how the caste firmware may affect the afterimage ... it's a technical nuance IPS technology in general ...

iFreeMan @ 27.09.18, 11:52*
Thanks! A very useful infa! Pokolupayu topic.
But not for that. I want that owners Redmi Note 5 did not pass it all over again)

Regarding residual ... I also think that it should not affect this software. But Dunno. Still, the screen driver, setting the GPU on the AOSP are from CAF for the most part, not from Xiaomi. And the fact that the topic kastomov no one has yet complained of afterimages. And the people there are oh what capricious and demanding)

Post has been editedthunderbeat - 27.09.18, 12:07
Reason for editing: errors

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 29/03/20, 7:39