ROCK64 - discussion | [SBC] Theme about single-board computer ROCK64

Rep: (1)
Rock64
Attached Image

Description :
    Pine64 has released its own single-board mini-computer called Rock64 Media Board Computer, which has become a worthy competitor to the analogue of Raspberry Pi. The cost of the basic modification of the new device is estimated only at - for this money the buyer will be able to play video in 4K resolution at a frequency of 60 Hz, as well as run the Android operating system and many others.
    The main technical characteristics of the Rock64 mini-computer are as follows:
    Processor: Rockchip RK3328 (4 Cortex A53 cores) with a Mali-450 MP2 video accelerator;
    RAM (optional): 1/2/4 GB (1866 MHz) type LPDDR3;
    Storage (optional, regardless of RAM size): eMMC slot / microSD slot / 128-megabyte SPI flash memory;
    Video output: HDMI 2.0a (4K video at 60 Hz) with support for HDR10 and HLG technologies;
    Video codecs: 4K VP9, ​​H.265 and H.264, 1080p VC-1, MPEG-1/2/4, VP6 / 8;
    Ports: 2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 USB 3.0 port;
    Interface: Gigabit Ethernet;
    Additions: 40-pin Pi-2 bus with GPIO, 22-pin Pi-P5 + bus with GPIO, 2 I2C buses, I2S, UART, S / PDIF bus, analog inputs;
    Operating Systems: Android 7.1 Nougat, Debian, Yocto;
    Size: 85 Г— 56 mm.
    Rock64 will go on sale July 31, 2017. The basic modification (1 GB of RAM) is rated at, the improved (2 GB of RAM) received a price tag at, and the top version with 4 GB of RAM is available for.
operating system : Linux
Homepage : pine64.com
Opportunities

Useful

WiFi USB driver whistle based on rtl8192eu chipset

The firmware from the TV set-top box bilink also works successfully
Message # 297 by sndwvs

Linux and everything related to Rock64:

Armbian (Ubuntu Bionic, there is an option with the XFCE desktop)
JMCC script (includes video and 3D acceleration, as well as much more)
Test before and after installing the script from JMCC

Assemblies from Ayufan (Variants of Bionic: minimal, with Mate graphics, with LXDE graphics; Variants of Stretch: minimal, OpenMediaVault)

Slackware (there is an option with XFCE, acceleration is not fully implemented)

NEMS Linux

Debian from mrfixit2001 (multiple device support is promised, I have not tested it myself, I can’t say anything, but it’s interesting because the author is sawing a very interesting project for Rock64)

LibreElec 9.0 (Kodi-based media center, so far Beta version, but works fine)
LibreElec 9.1 (nightly builds for testing, unlike 9.0 based on the mainline core)

RecalBox from mrfixit2001 (The collaboration of mrfixit2001 and the official RecalBox development team allows you to play retro games and watch videos, so far in the Beta version, but they say it works well)

Manjaro Linux (There is a version with KDE and LXQT)

Dietpi

CentOS

ROCK64 - discussion (Post by zet_lab # 84825676)

Thanks zet_lab

Post has been editedelik745i - 11.09.19, 05:37
Reason for editing: Linux and everything related to it for Rock64

Rep: (5)
Gentlemen, I need help and, I think, your help will be most useful. There is a stillborn box Tanix TX28 in the amount of 30 pieces. The firmware for the android from your device works fine, except for 2 things: all USB and WIFI do not work. I need to port your firmware, but I can’t imagine which files I need to add from my native to run. Please help with advice or poke your nose where to read

Rep: (17)
* iliandreich,
You find a topic about porting firmware and write there

Posted on 03/25/2019, 06:51:

Ayufan releasedrelease candidate 8th OS version for Rock64, now there is a Mate desktop with fully working acceleration (as the author says)

Rep: (1)
* zet_lab
There, he’ll break his leg himself, where is the image for firmware with an MMC firmware?

Elik745i @ 04/22/19, 11:32 PM*
There, he’ll break his leg himself, where is the image for firmware with an MMC firmware?

he has been doing everything in bulk for a long time in one image, as I understand it

Linux and everything related to Rock64:

Armbian (Ubuntu Bionic, there is an option with the XFCE desktop)
Jmcc script(includes acceleration of video and 3D, as well as much more)
Test before and after installing the script from JMCC

Assemblies from Ayufan(Variants of Bionic: minimal, with Mate graphics, with LXDE graphics; Variants of Stretch: minimal, OpenMediaVault)

Slackware(there is an option with XFCE, acceleration is not fully implemented)

NEMS Linux

Debian by mrfixit2001(promised support for many devices, I have not tested it myself, I can’t say anything, but it’s interesting because the author is sawing a very interesting project for Rock64)

LibreElec 9.0(The Kodi-based media center is still a Beta version, but it works fine)
LibreElec 9.1(nightly assemblies for testing, unlike 9.0 based on the mainline core)

RecalBox from mrfixit2001(The collaboration of mrfixit2001 and the official RecalBox development team allows you to play retro games and watch videos, so far in the Beta version, but they say it works well)

Manjaro linux(There is a version with KDE and LXQT)

Dietpi

CentOS

It seems that everything interesting that I found, wrote here, you can hang in a hat: lol:

Post has been editedzet_lab - 09.06.19, 07:14
Reason for editing: Added by DietPi and CentOS

Rep: (7)
kernel update (ayufan 4.4.167-1213)

Kernel for slarm64:
kernel-firmware-rk3328-4.4.183-aarch64-1mara.txz
kernel-headers-rk3328-4.4.183-aarch64-1mara.txz
kernel-modules-rk3328-4.4.183-aarch64-1mara.txz
kernel-rk3328-4.4.183-aarch64-1mara.txz

update:
1. download all listed files
2. sudo upgradepkg kernel - *. Txz

Rep: (7)
update:
- core 4.4.183
- all packages are updated onSat Jun 22 19:14:18 UTC 2019

slarm64-current-aarch64-base-rootfs-15Jun19-4.4.183-rock64-build-20190623.img.xz
slarm64-current-aarch64-base-rootfs-15Jun19-4.4.183-rock64-build-20190623.img.xz.md5

slarm64-current-aarch64-xfce-rootfs-15Jun19-4.4.183-rock64-build-20190623.img.xz
slarm64-current-aarch64-xfce-rootfs-15Jun19-4.4.183-rock64-build-20190623.img.xz.md5

Rep: (0)
There is the following problem:
I start with a 64gb SD card
When installing on an Android card (8, 7, TV) everything starts and works completely correctly.
I installed using pine64 installer 2.0.0 beta-3 (downloaded from the official github), but when installing any other Linux distribution (ubuntu bionic, debian, dei pi) of different versions downloaded from the same github, the system sees an error when it is turned on (when loading the system itself, and not already during its operation). I also tried to restart the board several dozens of times, reload the system, waited about 20 minutes, but there was no reaction.
I also throw off the logs when starting ubuntu, everything always ended with the line pvtm list NULL, but for this reason I did not find anything.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image

* Mrswich What version of the board? Whose Linux do you download from github? I record through Etcher and norms, Armbian works for me

Rep: (270)
tell me, there is a subject running Openmediavault (OMV) on armbian 9 (stretch) from ayufan, help to screw in MOTD info about the available updates in packages, the info about security-related updates is especially interesting. I also have a Banana pi board on it OMV is running on jessie, from there I took most of the scripts for MOTD and took it, and if on jessie the information about the number of updates and the number of security patches was written separately in the var / cache / apt file during periodic check /archives/updates.number, now there is nowhere to take this info, this file is not created, there is an option to parse the apt update command, but it takes a very long time.
#! / bin / bash

# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
# any changes will be lost on board support package update

THIS_SCRIPT = "updates"
MOTD_DISABLE = ""

[[-f / etc / default / armbian-motd]] &&. / etc / default / armbian-motd

for f in $ MOTD_DISABLE; do
[[$ f == $ THIS_SCRIPT]] && exit 0
done

NUM_UPDATES = 0

[[-f /var/cache/apt/archives/updates.number]] &&. /var/cache/apt/archives/updates.number

if [[$ NUM_UPDATES -gt 0]]; then
echo -e "[\ e [31m $ NUM_SECURITY_UPDATES security updates available, $ NUM_UPDATES updates total \ e [0m: \ e [1mapt upgrade \ e [0m]"
echo -e "Last check: \ e [92m $ DATE \ e [0m"
echo
fi

* EgOrrr Do you understand that different debian's have different versions of OMV?
I just do not understand a bit, do you want auto-update to work or just to see what updates there are?

Post has been editedzet_lab - 24.08.19, 05:20

Rep: (270)
do you understand that different debian's have different versions of OMV?
of course I understand
Do you want auto-update to work or just to see what updates there are?
I kind of described everything, I need to see how many updates are available and how many of them are critical when entering ssh into MOTD

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/15/19, 19:31