220 pagesV  « < 218 219 220 »  

> Nokia 8110 4G - Discussion | Phone, 2.4 "
Your impressions of the model
I am the owner and I will say this:
In general - happy as an elephant [ 38 ] ** [13,48%]
In general, nothing, but there are nuances [ 86 ] ** [30,5%]
Nostalgia is a good thing, but the creators of the firmware will be fired without severance pay and sent to the galleys [ 106 ] ** [37,59%]
Did not meet expectations [ 35 ] ** [12,41%]
Complete horror [ 17 ] ** [6,03%]
Total votes: 282

lesnichiyya
Message#1
26.02.18, 12:47
shaman
[offline]

Topics Curator
Group: Curators
Messages 3067
Check in: 26.09.11
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

DiscussionNokia 8110 4G
Attached ImageNokia 8110 4G
Description | Discussion | GerdaOS | A source " | Club HMD Global Nokia »
Attached Image

• All Forum Rules are valid in the subject.savagemessiahzine.comandRules section "Push-button telephone"
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison.
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.
  • Instead of words"Thank!"usePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where they helped you, and write your thanks.
    A photo:
    Attached Image
    Attached Image
    Photo - Comparison:
    Attached Image
    About phone:
    • Phone:Nokia 8110 4G (2018) - Slider
    • Network:LTE Cat. 4, SKU 1 (Europe) 2G: 900, 1800 3G: WB-CDMA 1, 5, 8 4G: FDD-LTE 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, SKU2 (APAC, MEA, SSA) 2G: 900 , 1800 3G: WB-CDMA 1, 5, 8, 39 4G: FDD-LTE 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20 TDD-LTE 39, 40, 41 (38). GPS / AGPS
    • Wi-Fi:WLAN IEEE 802.11 b / g / n
    • SIM:Versions - TA-1048 DS (Dual SIM) / TA-1071 (one SIM)
    • Platform:KaiOS 2.5
    • CPU:Qualcomm® 205 (MSM8905) Cortex-A7 Dual Core 1.1 GHz
    • Display:2.4 QVGA (240x320)
    • Camera:2 megapixel (1600x1200), LED flash
    • RAM:512 MB
    • Inner memory:4 GB
    • Memory card:microSD (up to 128 GB)
    • Headphones:3.5 mm jack
    • Multimedia:FM radio, MP3 player
    • Applications:Google Assistant, Google Search, Google Maps, Facebook, Twitter, etc.WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram - not yet supported!
    • Bluetooth:Bluetooth® 4.1
    • Connection:microUSB 2.0
    • Akb:removable, 1500 mAh Li-Ion
    • Working hours:7-9 pm in dir. talk / up to 25 days in waiting mode. Up to 48 hrs. Of music / 6,1 h. View video
    • Material:Polikorbanat, colors: Yellow and black. Color is not erased, because the paint is added to the material.
    • Degree of protection:IP52
    • Dimensions:133.45х49.3х14.9 mm
    • Weight:117 gr.
    • Price:Officially recommended cost in the territory of the Russian Federation -5990R.Pre-order, sales start July 2, 2018
    Information:
    Useful:
    Why didn't they do it on the phone ...?:
    Well, why, was it really impossible? You ask. It’s already the 21st century, and of course I want to see a modern set of functions in the new (updated) gadget. And of course you resent why they did not do it:
    - bigger camera
    - battery is poorer,
    - Charging faster
    - the processor is more powerful
    - firmware better,
    - screen brighter,
    - letters are more honorable,
    - speakers and sound better
    - the buttons are more pleasant,
    - stronger body,
    - why he has no legs - so that he ran for beer,
    - why there are no hands - to fry potatoes and shish kebab,
    - why there is no AI (head) - so that for me: he did his lessons / passed exams / wrote essays / term papers / diploma. work / dissertation, worked for me, brought money to the house, raised children, drove to kindergarten / school (I don’t get carried away, believe, many wishes are extensive)?
    I will answer you - alas, in this push-button phone all the above functions are missing, but progress does not stand still and maybe sometime in the near future, in a few years - there will definitely be) And the phoneNokia 8110 4Galready announced and produced with the characteristics listed above!

Past polls:
    Attached Image

For questions about filling caps and new information, please contactlesnichiyya via QMS.

Post has been editedUncle - 27.04.19, 16:51
Reason for editing: Instructions for rolling back to STOCK (from Beseliy)
andybeg
Message#4382
Yesterday, 10:13
Guru
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 2007
Check in: 01.11.05
Blackberry keyone

* casterska, Also did not come across, the point was gotten at a time

--------------------
let the force be with you
Sem0574
Message#4383
Yesterday 10:45
Local
[online]

Messages 146
Check in: 29.09.12
Nokia 8110 4G

Can complete the survey and start a new one? Collect data who on what system .... For example.
xeonnt
Message#4384
Yesterday, 11:03
Local
[offline]

Messages 127
Check in: 30.01.17

People, for a glitch - in the call log, GMT time and not on the "watch phone".
those. the call time is 7:59 and the real time is 12:59.
Very uncomfortable.
And already regretted what I bought.
Glitch appeared after a recent update of the pipe.

--------------------
Matrix near
Sem0574
Message#4385
Yesterday 11:49
Local
[online]

Messages 146
Check in: 29.09.12
Nokia 8110 4G

* xeonnt, Was the wipe done after the update?
xeonnt
Message#4386
Yesterday 13:11
Local
[offline]

Messages 127
Check in: 30.01.17

I did not do any manipulations.
Toka updated

--------------------
Matrix near
Azhack
Message#4387
Yesterday 14:29
User
[offline]

Messages 78
Check in: 10.12.09
Honor 8 pro

Hello! The question is the following. To determine the location of the child using google maps. If I buy a phone for a child, is it possible to enter a google id there and will I see it in google maps?
Suborgblack
Message#4388
Yesterday, 17:34
Hack the planet
[offline]

Messages 581
Check in: 17.09.15
Nokia 8110 4G

* Valerick,I look at this situation from a slightly different angle. After all, no one will say in plain text "Look, we have full access to the radio module, create what you want!" Eat the same without bones. Therefore, it is easier to say: "oh, we have test keys for recovery here, it's a mess, we'll fix it ... oh, we have it here in the browsersupposedly old bug supposedly left by some contractors, well, sorry, in the new version we fixed it and kaiosExtension removed it altogether, but still certified applications can call engmodeExtension from the root, and if you have webtools access ... oh, and you have it there is, because the code * # * # debug # * # * has not been canceled, so you can make any application certified ... And, yes, we also have EFS fully encrypted and the diagnostic port protects important elements from writing, but all elements recovered from unencrypted partitions, which are tar-archives, but we also talk about this ikomu not say so, inadvertently left ... "

No, I, of course, understand that the world is ruled not by a secret bed, but by an obvious crap, but too many coincidences, isn’t it? Why in the same CAT B35 such obvious lazhi in terms of internal protection is not observed?

Valerick @ 05/20/19 08:15*
For those who are not going to do anything with the phone, except for how to use it as intended,

... it is worth thinking about how to do it in a safer way for yourself. Personally, I do not pursue a different goal, for example.

--------------------
Our hands dirty.
Suborgblack
Message#4389
Yesterday 17:45
Hack the planet
[offline]

Messages 581
Nokia 8110 4G

* xeonnt,Try a factory reset.

--------------------
Our hands dirty.
Valerick
Message#4390
Yesterday 21:50
Local
[offline]

Messages 238
Check in: 18.02.08
Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) SM-J710FN

SuborgBlack @ 05/21/19 17:34*
it's worth thinking about how to do it in a safer way for yourself

"Honest people have nothing to hide"
But seriously, security is great, but the basic functions still have to remain basic, at least the standard set of telephone functions, which have long since settled down for a long time, could work like “it's accepted”, that is, it works on those phones that they have not been issued for a hundred years, or for those that are being produced now, but they have neither a qualcomma, nor a 3-4g with wifa.
Literally today, I found a new joke - I am talking on the phone, a second call arrives, which was understandable through the beeps in the pipe and some infe on the screen, but no options were offered for actions with the second call, just a statement of the fact of the call. That is, on the "notes" already on two buttons, the cleaning function was hanged, and on the acceptance-rejection of the second call, nothing at all. This is not a limitation of the system, right? Programmers just loved this moment, like many others. Well, if corrected, but this is not a lot of hope. Rather, lovers scoop up their working axis with normal basic functionality.
Suborgblack
Message#4391
Yesterday 22:47
Hack the planet
[offline]

Messages 581
Nokia 8110 4G

* Valerick,But just pressing the call reception button did not work, did it? Or do you have to sign every thing?

P.S. At leisure, I test, it already became interesting. Although here AT & T buy parallel lines separately, so I’m not sure that it will work by default.

Upd: checked (one parallel still in the kit) - yes, I just pressed the "green" pipe and the call began, and the old one was put on hold. In Options at this point, it became possible to change the line and combine calls into a conference. Well, kapets, do you even have to explain such basic things to someone? This is what works on all push-button phones.

Moral: first read the instructions, and then run over programmers.

Post has been editedSuborgblack- Yesterday, 23:04

--------------------
Our hands dirty.
Valerick
Message#4392
Yesterday, 23:59
Local
[offline]

Messages 238

SuborgBlack @ 05/21/19 22:47*
pressing the call accept button didn't work

Bro, just in case, let me remind you, it's 21st century, each person has a computer in his pocket, which is thousands of times faster than the one from which I, for example, started to learn Internet, including the Internet itself, and also in these computers pocket photo-video cameras those that weren’t even fantasized in those days and the screens of the monitors were of the same resolution as our pipe. On these computers, messengers even managed to make video calls. What do you think, are relevant in the 2018 sample phone, which is built on the OS base, also on the Qualcomm chip, and with half the operatives, which, again, are several times more powerful than the mentioned computers, besides the take-off buttons, any other options? Or the fact that it is a bit more modern than a disc phone can be considered sufficient?
Yopt, of course, I’ll press the phone if I have to, but the damn snake weighed into the mobile phone, and another trash, which nobody needs, and the simplest things that all mobile people have are not provided for. Thank you for not turning off the power switch, although the slider makes you think of a lamp filling.
Suborgblack
Message#4393
Today, 00:15
Hack the planet
[offline]

Messages 581
Nokia 8110 4G

Valerick @ 05/21/19 22:59*
the simplest things that all mobiles do not have

Receiving a call with a call button, including the second line, has been provided for in all (push-button) mobile phones known to me since at least 1998. What's wrong? Did you keep the buttons in your hands before that?

What other options can be with an incoming call, except for "accept" and "reject"? Yes, you can still mute the call by pressing the power button. Everything! What are you still waiting for?

P.S. And a switch is sometimes needed, and the battery's removability in this respect only goes to the plus of this device.

Post has been editedSuborgblack- Today, 00:20
Reason for editing: switch

--------------------
Our hands dirty.
Valerick
Message#4394
Today, 00:25
Local
[offline]

Messages 238

* SuborgBlack,
Yes, I do not expect anything, I just admire the fact that there is. And for the second call, the option of rejecting with a message has long been invented, I don’t even remember on which axis it appeared for the first time. And this one remained at the level of 1998? Using this phone, I even remembered that my first mobile phone was Eric 1018, in many ways similar.
But you are not so nervous, I do not call anyone for anything. I do not climb into the theme of firmware. And until the release of version 16, nothing even bothered me in this product. Now some moments are straining. I wrote about them.
Suborgblack
Message#4395
Today, 00:35
Hack the planet
[offline]

Messages 581
Nokia 8110 4G

* Valerick,Most of my friends, forgetting to turn them off, spit on this "feature", because they constantly sneak in the wrong direction (or inadvertently) and send spam with SMS. In the button it is not necessary, and the theme is dubious on the tachi. And generally speaking,
Attached Image

--------------------
Our hands dirty.
Severo_vr
Message#4396
Today 09:01
User
[offline]

Messages 86
Check in: 15.04.17
Nokia 8110 4G

_In the call point, I saw the message "This device can send files no larger than 5mb in size", on the one that is manually placed on the gerd, there is no such limit or is it already a hard limit?)
By the way, I wanted to ask everything.* SuborgBlack,you write about stock vulnerabilities, (hastily remembering it was mentioned like 2)
Do not tell what exactly they give? (in order to familiarize and educate, naturally)
Maybe if it is a pickup for contextual advertising or a background definition of the usual position of the blissful and satisfied?

Post has been editedSevero_vr- Today, 09:05

--------------------
An open mind is like a fortress, whose gates are wide open, and the guards are immersed in non-attendance.

220 pagesV  « < 218 219 220 » 

mobile version    Now: 05.22.19, 13:56