Asus VivoBook Pro 15 N580VD | [notebook] Windows | 15.6 "| Intel i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz | 16GB RAM

Rep: (3)
Asus Vivobook Pro 15 N580VD - Discussion пїЅ | Description | Buying and Accessories пїЅ
notebook | Windows | 15.6 "| Intel i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz | 16GB
Attached Image

Specifications
Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2800 MHz / 15.6 "/ 1920x1080 / 16Gb / 1128Gb HDD + SSD / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 / Wi-Fi / Bluetooth / Win 10 Home Gray 90NB0FL4-M07670
additional information
I7 7700 HQ processor
FullHD matrix (matte TN come with models with IPS)
SSD m.2 2280 Sata3 on 128Gb (maybe there is support for PCIe)
+ HDD 1Tb 2.5 "sata3
Ozu: 16Gb (2x8)
GeForce GTX 1050 4Gb (on most 2Gb models)
no optical drive

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, contact the author of the topic in QMS (personal message) or to the section moderators via the buttonA complaintunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedAndrewP_1 - 08.09.18, 18:10

Rep: (0)
Continuing the topic of ssd, I bought samsumg 860 for 250GB. I begin to disassemble the laptop, it seemed strange to me that the screws are not completely tightened. Delivered ssd, in Windows and in the BIOS is not determined, thought ssd defective. BUT everything is different .. Accidentally turned on the laptop without closing the lid, decided on closing the lid in the ssd area, the laptop loses it. I check the box, there are glued on the laptop identification data. Such a suspicion that they sold me a laptop, which was originally with ssd, but because of problems with the connector, it was stupidly removed, and started selling as a modification without ssd. Tomorrow I’ll remove the sticker and check for suspicion. That's how Citylink deceived me .... Is it interesting to condemn ??

Rather, the problem is in isolation, somewhere I met a similar problem. Read on the Internet, the native ssd is also installed in the foil screen.

* daemon01 , yes, also ordered IPS n43
Will arrive in a couple of days)) will you change the matrix yourself? How to disassemble, it turned out easily? Mounts on the matrix panel are very fragile, like (but there are no screws)

* angor_ , also puzzled with this question)) I read it, reviewed everything I could, a bunch of tests, but it's synthetics, but under normal conditions (work, games, video editing, working with files) there is no such difference in space, moreover, someone noticed evo - this is still a home series, not a pro, then what to take a steam bath?) so I scored, so as not to risk whether it suits or not (does PCIe work), so as not to soar about wear and tear (would it be more for a "high-speed" pcie) , and the price for 960nvme 256Gb is 7.000, but I bought for 9.000 the usual m.2 sata 3 (samsung evo 860) but 512Gb !!, set it - everything plows perfectly!
If there will be a difference .. I’m no longer critical, I’m quite happy with the speed! I’m happy as an elephant + a regular terabyte, I also immediately changed to ssd 2.5 "also a samsung 860evo (at first I wanted to take 850evo, but the price difference is only 1.000, but the chips are different, and the resource is declared 8 !!! Once more than 850) !! 5 year warranty.
In general, the laptop became "noiseless"))) only coolers will sometimes be accelerated and that’s all .. beauties :)

Posted on 04/07/2018, 17:11:

* medved1ufa , I didn’t have such problems, I changed the regular ssd 128 to the same Samsung 860, but 512Gb, but at the same time I rolled it back into the film about the regular one, everything is OK

* PrivetDruK32 , the back cover can be removed without problems! (But carefully) with fasteners, they are fragile, the screws are the most common, there are no seals, under the guarantee, and so it will be seen if you replace the disks, moreover, the seal on the cooling system, if you remove it, then yes, the warranty will fly off, and just remove the cover - what is the problem?

Defeated ssd, just sawed off a plastic part on the lid)))

Rep: (4)
Hello! Has anyone changed the matrix? Interested in how it is, and what is the price of the screen?

* FINEGROUP , hello, I changed, put boe n43 .. what can I say)) heaven and earth :) the issue price is 6.000 old, or rather new (included 10 TN now is "just in case")), probably sold later. By IPS - well, there are no words! The laptop has become almost perfect! Viewing angles, juiciness of the picture, brightness !! True, at first the picture seemed to slightly “yellow”, but there are a bunch of settings for color profiles, I twisted it, now I can’t understand it, it was either used to it, but there are no questions at all!
There were no difficulties in the replacement process either! There are no screws, the frame is removed like the rest of the asus (do it very carefully)! Then 4 screws of the matrix itself from the back cover, a simple 30-pin cable, disconnected, a new one stuck. Everything. At first I thought to the official (replacement price is 1,500), if you are really scared, go to them) I did not go, because there was an experience - they broke the mount in the case, then the edge of the topcase moved away, and they won’t let them see how they change. So here, at my own peril and risk, what kind of crank handle I get) I decided that if I break it, it’s better myself, and I already had experience replacing the matrix frame. Everything worked out - now I get high!)))

spectrumz @ 04/15/18, 01:05*
set boe n43 .. what can I say)) heaven and earth question price 6.000 old, or rather new

The same matrix on aliexpress costs $ 60 or 3800 of your rubles, why did you decide to opt for this matrix?

* angor_ , firstly, I’m sure that this is this model (and not an analogue, as is often the case with Ali) + here I have a 6-month warranty and there was an agreement that I would return if it didn’t, and I didn’t want to wait

Well, I will share my experience with this model) I wanted it for a long time, I chose it for a long time, as a result I purchased the model n580vd-dm230t: 15.6 "TN matrix CMN N156HGA-EAB, i7-7700hq, 8GB RAM, GTX-1050 2gb, 128ssd + 1tb hdd. It cost me ~ 65k.
Took to work (programming / rendering video sometimes) and games. Well, in general, it's time to update my old man n56v who served me faithfully for 5 years.
Next, I will describe my emotions in comparison with the former asus n56v:
Pros:
Performance : everything suits me absolutely, I haven’t played much yet, I bought everything a couple of weeks ago, but the tanks on ultra go 30-50fps depending on the map, on average around 35-40. The browser / video on YouTube does not tupit even once.
Battery life : 3-4 hours in code editor mode, 2 browsers, console utilities, which is generally acceptable for me personally.
In appearance : very decent, looks expensive, pleasant to the touch aluminum. Lightweight, sturdy case, which is important for me after the plastic n56, on which I changed the lower part of the case after ~ 2.5 years of use, I ordered with ebay.
Keyboard : in general, there are no complaints about it, but it clicks loudly, and for some reason, the end / home keys in the top row of buttons were removed, replacing them with * / and the power button. On n56v it was more convenient. The backlighting is sufficient, uniform.
Touchpad : objectively, a very good touchpad. True, it sometimes happens that he is dumb, does not respond to scroll gestures, and did not understand why, but it is literally for 3 seconds and he is released. The touch is again pleasant, the sensitivity is what you need, it is a pleasure to use.

Minuses:
By and large, for me, a significant minus one isscreen matrix (CMN N156HGA-EAB). Even in comparison with the screen of my old n56v - the screen of the n580vd-dm230t is faded, inexpressive, gray colors and their shades are generally disgusting. The factory setting of the screen fades to blue. The slightest corners invert the already incomprehensible colors.
Specifically, I have complaints about the quality of color display when surfing websites and reading, since I am a programmer and read a lot - with this matrix my eyes begin to hurt seriously. If you play something or watch a movie, then I don’t have any discomfort.

Frankly, the first week I really wanted to take it back to the store and turn it in to buy something else for a replacement. But, having weighed all the pros and cons, twisted a little the color profile of the screen, and also due to the lack of real alternatives for me for the same money, I decided that I would change the matrix to another. Fortunately, I realized this is not particularly difficult to produce.
If possible, take it from IPS, although I have not watched them, I will not advise anyone to use a matrix like mine. In my case, the external monitor somehow saves the situation.
I personally believe that Asus simply spit in the face of its customers with this, I repeat (CMN N156HGA-EAB) matrix, installing it in this generally very balanced notebook.

I hope my review helps someone.

Post has been editedM_E_M_F_I_S - 19.02.19, 04:45

* M_E_M_F_I_S , I agree, I also reasoned, only when choosing I took the model immediately with 16gb and it was with 4Gb of video memory. Ideally, it was also taken from ssd to 256 immediately) For the price I get it turned out very inexpensively))! The matrix has already been changed and yet - under the battery, I fixed a thin strip of double-sided tape in the touchpad area, now there is no backlash at all (this is a backlash for someone to note)

* spectrumz,
Well, it’s basically not a problem to finish the RAM, here I would certainly take a 4gb video, but in my city (and even on the off site asus) this configuration was not available (As for ssd, I’m not sure that it really needs such here) characteristics, he does not have enough stars from the sky, they stuck the most deshman that was. The SSD may also be replaced by me in the future, because even the ssd Plextor installed in my old laptop (not native, I bought a year after buying the laptop) is comparable in performance to the one installed in the laptop now, and even surpasses it in some. But it doesn’t soar me like a screen)
I already found in our city 2 variants of matrices that fit this laptop, so far I can’t decide which one to take: NV156FHM-N43 (it’s like the one you putspectrumz ?) and LP156WF4 (SP) (B1) - this is the matrix from LG, as far as I understand this (only WF6) is put in the version of laptops with a normal IPS FHD screen. It is necessary to compare the characteristics thoroughly.
I also called the officials, I learn about the replacement of the matrix with them while maintaining the warranty. In principle, you can do it yourself, but I do not mind spending 1,500 rubles if my warranty does not fail)

Good time! In general, I studied the characteristics of the matrices, chose 4 for comparison:
1) NV156FHM-N43http: //www.panelook.co...CM_overview_26503.html(a review of this matrix in another laptophttps: //www.notebookch...TX-1050.207142.0.html)
2) LTN156HL01-102http: //www.panelook.co...CM_overview_32471.html(a review of this matrix in another laptophttps: //www.notebookch...25.0.html#toc-display)
3) B156HAN01.2http: //www.panelook.co...CM_overview_19049.html(a review of this matrix in another laptophttps: //www.notebookch...166095.0.html#toc-4-)
4) LP156WF4-SPU1http: //www.panelook.co...CM_overview_20271.html
All 4 in comparison:http: //www.panelook.co... 0271,19049,32471,26503

I chose these models for reasons: 72% sRGB coverage minimum, availability in my city of residence, the smallest possible response.
Well, by and large, all the posts on the forums that I found revolve between these 3-4 options.
All the same, I am inclined to option 2 - Samsung. Firstly, this matrix is ​​cheaper than the rest in my city) (4200r versus 4700r), and secondly, on a notebookcheck, the MSI PE60-2Q laptop with this matrix is ​​in 9th place among the ranking of the best screens for 2017 (https: //www.notebookch...okcheck.120541.0.html)thirdly, the response according to various sources from the forums is from 4 to 16ms, although of course you can hardly believe in it and the response there is 30ms from the link above with panellook.
I think I’ll get it soon and install it at the officials so as not to lose the guarantee. Unsubscribe in fact.

Hello everyone, did anyone buy this model with a 4K screen? I look closely

* Photoadil What's the point with 4k in a laptop?

* Jadson8 Yes, there are models with a 4K screen. It’s very convenient for working with graphics, in Photoshop, in addition to everything, this model has an excellent IPS matrix

* Photoadil
honestly for a 15 inch 4k screen nafig did not fall, in my personal opinion of course. And the IPS matrix there is far from excellent, read foreign reviews. It’s quite good, naturally much better than TN, but it’s not directly “excellent”. I would take a model on fullhd with FY indices after the model number, such as N580VD-FY320T, there is an adequate ips fullhd matrix, and the price tag does not break like in 4k. Again, specifically in this model and graphics with 4 gigabytes of memory, which is nice. And for working with graphic editors I recommend an external high-quality large monitor with good ips matrix and color reproduction, but not 15.6 inches with 4k.

* M_E_M_F_I_S I agree completely! )) Maybe someone will see the difference between fhd and 4k on 15 inches, but this is not given to me :)
So normal fhd ips for eyes and for sane money :)
About 4gb video memory - yes, it won’t be superfluous, about the external monitor as well - I will support it! :)
So, did you replace your matrix in total?)
Threat. I noticed a moment: at maximum volume I have micro-rattling on the left, I can’t understand because of what, everything is fitted perfectly, there are no backlashes ..
When you slightly change the slope of the laptop - it seems to disappear, well, or do not set the volume to max! The rest is a song :)

* M_E_M_F_I_S , strange, for some reason I did not meet this model with an IPS matrix at Full HD resolution .. And yes, it has almost 100% RGB coverage, so the picture is decent there. 4K I don’t need to, either, but the screen decides, since I travel a lot on set.

* spectrumz,
until replaced, in May most likely. Unsubscribe necessarily by the end)
As for the sound, I personally do not rattle at any volume level, with this everything is clear.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/13/19, 19:11