> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Pro) - Discussion | Smartphone, 5.99 "

Rep: (596)
DiscussionXiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Pro)
PictureWhyred
Description | Discussion пїЅ | Discussion Archive пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ | Kernels пїЅ | power usage пїЅ | Mi Account пїЅ | Bootloader unlocking пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Modification and decorations пїЅ | Owners Club пїЅ | Xiaomi club пїЅ | Fans Club (zhdunov) MIUI 12 |
Club Redmi

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ of general instructions and recommendations for Xiaomi devices

Mini FAQ
  1. Device Versions, Appearance
  2. Display
  3. Sound, multimedia
  4. Performance
  5. Cameras
  6. Wireless interfaces
  7. MIUI shell work
  8. Battery
  9. Other
  10. Unlock my account

Important.!
If your smartphone after updating to android 9 hangs in recovery, caught the bootlap, turned into a brick, DO NOT write about this topic, immediately go to the firmware theme and read the instructions for restoring your gadget.LINK

Specifications
  • Battery: 4000mAh (typ) / 3900mAh (min), non-removable 5V / 2A, QC2.0 lithium-ion polymer,QC 3.0
  • Processor: Snapdragon 636 14nm FinFET; Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260 CPU
  • Graphics processor: Adreno 509 GPU
  • RAM Memory: LPDDR4X
  • Memory ROM: eMMC 5.1 Flash
  • Expandable flash memory up to 128 Gb(hybrid slot - or a memory card, or a second SIM)
  • Display: 18: 9 Full screen display 15.2 cm (5.9 "), 2160 Г— 1080 FHD +, 403 PPI
  • Back cover: metal. Front: 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
  • Mobile networks: 4G Dual SIM VoLTE support
  • Dimensions: B-158.6 Г— W-75.4 Г— T-8.05 mm
  • Weight: 181 g.
  • SIM: Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM or Nano-SIM + Micro SD card.
    When using two SIM cards simultaneously, the primary SIM can support 4G + / 4G / 3G / 2G calls and data transfer. The second SIM can only support 3G calls.
  • Bluetooth 5.0, Bluetooth HID
  • Wi-Fi Display, Wi-Fi Direct
  • 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz WIFI
  • Sensors: Electronic compass, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Infrared, Ambient light sensor, Gyroscope, Hall sensor
  • Navigation: GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, BeiDou positioning
  • SAR for India: SAR 1g limit: 1.6W / Kg; SAR Head: 1.188 W / Kg; SAR Body: 0.334 W / Kg (distance 15mm)
  • Set: mobile phone, network adapter (without QC support ), USB 2.0 cable, warranty card, instruction, SIM tray clip, slim case.
  • Body colors:
    Black front panel only for models in black, the rest - white.
    UPD : c 26.06.2018 the fiery red version of the Chinese version , with the front panel as black and white.
Specifications on the official website:
Global version:http://www.mi.com/my/redmi-note-5/specs/
Chinese version:http://www.mi.com/redminote5/specs/
Indian version:http://www.mi.com/in/redmi-note-5-pro/specs/

Photo
Attached Image

Reviews
Useful / Instructions
    Video instruction for beginners
  1. Bootloader unlocking
  2. Archive of usefulfrom uvMadMixture
  3. Random over stuffing in sabzh
  4. Live device photos + unpacking
  5. Screenshots of the item "About the device" and the result of Antutu
  6. Checking the phone for originality
  7. Fix to increase the width of the WiFi channel from 20Mhz to 40Mhz
  8. WhatsApp Double Beep Solution
  9. How to save in contacts the phone number in the memory of the device itself
  10. How does the synchronization with the Mi-account work (useful for newcomers to MIUI)
  11. Disabling advertising without ROOT access
  12. How to enter the settings if they do not open
  13. Face ID (Unlock Face)
  14. Why did unlock in the face go
  15. Information about the Leaks (leakcanary) icon | Addition
  16. The operation of the device in the Wi-Fi repeater mode
  17. Setting and using SIP-telephony Option 1 | Option 2 + Addition + 1 more addition to sip telephony
  18. How to make the effect of scrolling desktop wallpaper
  19. X home bar - alternative to gestures and on-screen buttons
  20. Fix increasing the width of the Wi-Fi channel at 40 MHz without Root
  21. How to change fonts on MIUI 10 without changing the region
  22. The easiest way to remove ads
  23. The way to disable advertising
  24. residual image problem solution + Another option
  25. How to make sure that Google is not updated in the Play Store
  26. If the sound disappears when switching to speaker
  27. Configure VOLTE operator Tele2
  28. VoLte operator Yota
  29. WiFi calling
  30. Forum topic on VoLte
  31. Instructions for setting up 4G to receive incoming calls on the example of the operator Megafon + Addition + Why I don't have 4G network members
  32. Solving the problem with the proximity sensor (blinks the screen when talking, does not light up later)
  33. Lowering the firmware version from 8.1 to 7.X (from ARB4 to ARB3) with a closed bootloader via MiFlash without scaling
  34. If the Internet disappears when you are online mob. operator. Solution options + Another option + More + Crutch for android 9, need root - Theory
  35. LTE frequency checkroot
  36. Removing embedded applications without root on a locked bootloader + The easiest way to remove applications without root on MIUI 10
  37. the percentage of charge next to the battery on MIUI 10.2.1.0 + Another option with battery percentage
  38. Small on-screen buttons on firmware 10.2.1.0
  39. If in the section "system update" the item of file selection for firmware disappeared
  40. How to disable the browser on svaypu up and return Google? + Detailed instruction + Another option + Disable swipe search
  41. "One-handed operation"
    in the mode "Full-screen gestures"

42. How to remove the overheating message after updating to 10.2.1.0.
  43. Return the flashlight to the lock screen
  44. Autoturn stopped working - Solution
  45. How can I get the phone to see the hard disk on the OTG in NTFS format
  46. Remove update notification in status bar + Supplement for 10.3.1.0 + More options
  47. Making the interface smoother
  48. If Wi-Fi falls off
  49. Not supported Instagram
  50. Fix TTL (bypass distribution limit)
  51. Backup instructions
  52. Optimization MIUI 11 (off advertising and unnecessary applications, battery optimization and RAM)
  53. How does custom recovery affect OTA updates
  54. How to set up picture-in-picture + Features of the function on the 9th Android + Option to stock. YouTube + Another option
  55. How to configure the "smart case" function.
  56. Quick Charge 3.0 Support Information (Quick Charge)
  57. List of applications that can be removed / frozen
  58. Bluetooth connection to the radio
  59. Setting auto brightness on the 9th android. + Make a constant brightness during an incoming call.+ Still
  60. Changes on android 9
  61. The Dark Theme in Mi Explorer
  62. Cleaning the earpiece. + Still. + Increase the volume of conversational dynamics need root access
  63. Fix save to flash drive
  64. Estimated "zhor" of the battery after the update on Android 9
  65. Network configuration with a single tap. + Widget + Instructions for forced change of the network mode (approx. 4G / 3G only)
  66. Wireless connection to TV + Video instruction + More videos
  67. When you end the call, a loud sound is produced through a multimedia speaker.
  68. What people are saying about the last update MIUI 10.3.1.0, Android 9 Reading with thisPOSTand further.
  69. Changes in 10.3.2.0
  70. Block calls and SMS from an unknown number
  71. When 3G poor catches. When, after the call is no internet. When they can not reach
  72. Upgrading 11.0.3.0 PEIMIXM. Fasting is constantly updated. A lot of interesting information.
  73. Manual activation AAC codec
  74. Missing icons in the curtain

Past Survey Results

Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedKeep quiet - 04.08.20, 09:11
Reason for editing: Edit

Rep: (51)
latest 11.0.3 IUJ, Global stock, how to find the setting number = to be stored in the body sms?
and it is now not? dialer syaomnaya

Rep: (4)
Comrades, tell me in all this? And if not all - both zaborot?

When you run Yandex Maps, Yandex browser, Google Maps (not simultaneously of course), the phone begins to blunt. Right here so that there is an incoming call is ringing ringing, and on-screen dialer does not appear - all hovering and miss the call. Or you need to enter a new address, and it hangs for a minute or two. Sometimes it works fine. But in 85% of cases if it launched what some navigation - the phone specifically tupit and lag. As soon as the navigation unload the application - everything starts to work normally.
Infuriates incredible. Often use navigation - but as long as I use to use the phone while on the other it is simply impossible. But again - it does not always. It happens more and more or less normal. It happens after a while begins to blunt. Sometimes just run the application with navigation and goes to blunt that the first address can not be entered.
Phone is like a less cheerful. Really I do not understand this situation. Just should not be.

Worth Global Stable ROM V11.0.3.0.PEIMIXM. Prior to that, as output was 10.h.h.h. All firmware was such a disaster.

And another thing: when updating applications (well, in the process of updating - when downloaded prilozhuhi) phone also Maleh tupit. and quick charging too much lag.
But it usually takes place at home and not too annoying at all.

Post has been editedBoochstarr - 11.04.20, 11:19

Rep: (1062)
z0f @ 11.04.20, 10:07*
= number of stored in the body sms?

In the message settings
-General number of messages (incoming / outgoing / locked)
Attached Image

-Can on Sim card to store messages
Attached Image
Attached Image

Can be more in Mi Accaunt see how many messages there (if synchronized)

I have a Google account and Mi Accaunt (not saved in the phone)

Rep: (99)
* Boochstarr , I use Ya.navigatorom often. During navigation, all other functions are working properly smarta: calls are made in the normal mode, the new address is entered immediately. In general, there is blunted. Dig in the direction of the mobile Internet speed and geolocation, GPS check whether he sees satellites.

Rep: (652)
BoochStarr @ 11.04.20, 11:07*
phone starts to blunt.

Clear phone memory, cache, close the application in the background.

kolyaya25 @ 11.04.20, 12:16*
In the message settings
you do not understand, I do not need to tsyfry how many of them, and as soon as it was to limit their number through the settings - such as 300 messages - if more then podtirayutsa older ...
Synchro no nikakova, nafik not nat or ksiom much less of Google

and where you can otregulit timeout display PopUp window volume? and then disappears, or neuspevaesh cho press (((

Post has been editedz0f - 11.04.20, 15:20

Rep: (4)
DemOg_73 @ 11.04.20, 11:35*
Dig in the direction of the mobile Internet speed and geolocation, GPS check whether he sees satellites.

With mobile Ineta all the rules generally. Well, in all three applications downloaded offline map of the city.
Satellites see. Sam navigator if the work - the working standards. All other functions are terribly blunt.
That is, it turns out that when the application is running with zhps - tupit entire phone. And in some cases, the application itself.

Posted on 11/04/2020, 16:33:

Keep quiet @ 11.04.20, 12:35*
Clear phone memory, cache, close the application in the background.

This is done on a regular basis.
In the background is usually a maximum of 1-2 applications. But there is no such that if only launched navigation - working standards. Not associated with shorter running applications.
The only thing - not enough free memory in the body - 2-3 giga all.

Post has been editedBoochstarr - 11.04.20, 16:34

BoochStarr @ 11.04.20, 16:32*
2-3 giga all.

Release, throw the stick.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedKeep quiet - 11.04.20, 16:41

INTO still, there are no such settings?!, ndaa, improve moui 11 nifiga not improved (((

Rep: (153)
z0f @ 11.04.20, 14:46*
where you can otregulit timeout display PopUp window volume? and then disappears, or neuspevaesh cho press (((

Yes, I also only the third time time to catch him. Sleight of hand is required like a magician. With one hand, this operation is impossible to do, except by accident ((

Rep: (115)
* abby58 ,
2-3 seconds - it is so small?

Rep: (211)
* val310,
You just need to disable the settings true phone - incoming / current call "screens calls true phone".
Then when calling the screen will drain dialers and recording
Attached Image

Rep: (1)
Guys woke up today, responding to posts, and suddenly the phone freezes, I thought it was just another time glitch, press and hold the power button, because usually after that it restarts, but this time he somehow got into butlup stupidly welcome logo "Mi" hanging for half an hour, tried to pinch off button and the volume + and - also tried, stands as dead with the logo, not even off. Strange to say, the phone has not recently updated, Andrei was in my tenth and Miui also 10, has not been updated because of the bad reviews about the new update, and was too lazy to get re-Root. I do not understand that this has caused, but I know that I'm not guilty, because Ruth was obtained for a long time, the bootloader is unlocked, too, for a long time (perhaps a year). What could be the problem?

Firmware official standing.

UPD. Just noticed the button works if you hold them for a long time (about one minute), you have 1 minute Turn off + volume - and fastbut start. Strange it all.

Post has been editedMwinchester - 12.04.20, 13:57

Rep: (78)
* Mwinchester The problem is buried in that "tens" (Andr 10) based on MIUI 10 (and any Mui Ne) for our Smart does not exist.firmware from the future?
It is worth to try their luck via the stock twrp - like the Vol + (maybe Vol-: D) and power simultaneously, tvrp he should have put, and there click on reboot system.
MIUI likes to present such surprises: rofl:

SKILLHEARTS @ 12.04.20, 14:56*
the problem is buried in that "tens" (Andr 10) based on MIUI 10 (and any Mui Ne) for our Smart does not exist.

You see, already forgotten what my firmware is necessary, due to the fact that for a long time not to play with it, if I am not mistaken, Miui 10 stands, and Andryukha not remember. Tried to enter the TWRP, (custom), there is also hanging Mi Teamwin. I do not understand what a surprise. : Censored:

* Mwinchester ,
Try the battery at a time to cast away.

Keep quiet @ 12.04.20, 15:03*
Try the battery at a time to cast away.

If you mean on battery disconnect from the phone, I think it's not a good idea, because there are no tools to disassemble the phone, and with a bang in the glass do not want to make it out with a bank card. I postponed it to the side until it is completely discharged, and then charged and turn.

Rep: (0)
Hello, tell me whether there is a formal theme on miui 9 to the photo of the caller was on the whole screen? With me +

Rep: (115)
mak-kisel @ 12.04.20, 17:30*
tell me is there any official theme for miui 9 to the photo of the caller was on the whole screen?

Have you seen these 11 miui? Or do not you know that this will not change the theme?
And in general, this is done by setting a high resolution photo ...

Post has been editedBlackSVaD - 12.04.20, 17:35

mak-kisel @ 12.04.20, 17:30*
photo caller was on full screen

It is then necessary to search ..Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Pro) - Modification and decorations (Post gyord # 73585813)

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 20/09/20, 3:13