> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Pro) - Discussion | Smartphone, 5.99 "
Update on android 9
I updated.
Answer yes [ 459 ] ** [91,25%]
No answer [ 44 ] ** [8,75%]
I am pleased with the firmware.
Answer yes [ 317 ] ** [63,02%]
No answer [ 177 ] ** [35,19%]
There are problems with auto-brightness.
Answer yes [ 241 ] ** [47,91%]
No answer [ 252 ] ** [50,1%]
There are problems with the Internet.
Answer yes [ 135 ] ** [26,84%]
No answer [ 359 ] ** [71,37%]
Rolled back to 8.1
Answer yes [ 36 ] ** [7,16%]
No answer [ 453 ] ** [90,06%]
After the renovation I caught a brick
Answer yes [ 18 ] ** [3,58%]
No answer [ 473 ] ** [94,04%]
Total votes: 503

Rep: (592)
DiscussionXiaomi Redmi Note 5
PictureXiaomi Redmi Note 5 (in India - Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro)
whyred

Description | Discussion пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | Accessories пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | MIUI firmware пїЅ | Custom firmware пїЅ | Kernels пїЅ | power usage пїЅ | пїЅ | Mi Account пїЅ | Bootloader unlocking пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Modification and decorations пїЅ | Owners Club | Xiaomi club пїЅ

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory do you have in the machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • If you want to thank the user for a useful post, do not write the message “Thank you! You are super!!!". Just press the buttonPicturenext to his reputation. If you do not have 15 helpful posts, ask the moderator to raise the reputation of the person who helped you through the buttonPicture.
  • We kindly request in order to facilitate the work of the curator and section moderators to use the buttonPictureif you think the message does not matchthe rulessavagemessiahzine.com
  • Be mutually polite, do not allow rude and not respectful attitude to other forum users.
  • Respect the work of people who are trying to help you, even if they give you wrong recommendations.

• Messages to which there is an answer in the topic / header of the topic, flood and offtopic, for which profile topics are created, are deleted without warning.

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Specifications
  • Battery: 4000mAh (typ) / 3900mAh (min), non-removable 5V / 2A, QC2.0 lithium-ion polymer, QC 3.0
  • Processor: Snapdragon 636 14nm FinFET; Octa-core 1.8 GHz Kryo 260 CPU
  • Graphics processor: Adreno 509 GPU
  • RAM / ROM Memory:
    Attached Image
  • RAM Memory: LPDDR4X
  • Memory ROM: eMMC 5.1 Flash
  • Expandable flash memory up to 128 Gb(hybrid slot - or a memory card, or a second SIM)
  • Cameras:
    Attached Image
  • Display: 18: 9 Full screen display 15.2 cm (5.9 "), 2160 Г— 1080 FHD +, 403 PPI
  • Back cover: metal. Front: 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
  • Mobile networks: 4G Dual SIM VoLTE support
  • Network ranges:
    Attached Image

• Dimensions: B-158.6 Г— W-75.4 Г— T-8.05 mm
  • Weight: 181 g.
  • SIM: Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM or Nano-SIM + Micro SD card.
    When using two SIM cards simultaneously, the primary SIM can support 4G + / 4G / 3G / 2G calls and data transfer. The second SIM can only support 3G calls.
  • Bluetooth 5.0, Bluetooth HID
  • Wi-Fi Display, Wi-Fi Direct
  • 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz WIFI
  • Sensors: Electronic compass, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Infrared, Ambient light sensor, Gyroscope, Hall sensor
  • Navigation: GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, BeiDou positioning
  • SAR for India: SAR 1g limit: 1.6W / Kg; SAR Head: 1.188 W / Kg; SAR Body: 0.334 W / Kg (distance 15mm)
  • Set: mobile phone, network adapter (without QC support ), USB 2.0 cable, warranty card, instruction, SIM tray clip, slim case.
  • Body colors:
    Black front panel only for models in black, the rest - white.
    Attached Image

UPD : c 26.06.2018 the fiery red version of the Chinese version , with the front panel as black and white.
Specifications on the official website:
Global version:http://www.mi.com/my/redmi-note-5/specs/
Chinese version:http://www.mi.com/redminote5/specs/
Indian version:http://www.mi.com/in/redmi-note-5-pro/specs/
Photo
Attached ImageAttached Image

Reviews
USEFUL / INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Bootloader unlocking
  2. Archive of usefulfrom uvMadMixture
  3. Random over stuffing in sabzh
  4. Live device photos + unpacking
  5. Screenshots of the item "About the device" and the result of Antutu
  6. Checking the phone for originality
  7. Fix to increase the width of the WiFi channel from 20Mhz to 40Mhz
  8. WhatsApp Double Beep Solution
  9. How to save in contacts the phone number in the memory of the device itself
  10. How does the synchronization with the Mi-account work (useful for newcomers to MIUI)
  11. Disabling advertising without ROOT access
  12. How to enter the settings if they do not open
  13. Face ID (Unlock Face)
  14. Why did unlock in the face go
  15. Information about the Leaks (leakcanary) icon | Addition
  16. The operation of the device in the Wi-Fi repeater mode
  17. Setting and using SIP-telephony Option 1 | Option 2 + Addition + 1 more addition to sip telephony
  18. How to make the effect of scrolling desktop wallpaper
  19. X home bar - alternative to gestures and on-screen buttons
  20. Fix increasing the width of the Wi-Fi channel at 40 MHz without Root
  21. How to change fonts on MIUI 10 without changing the region
  22. The easiest way to remove ads
  23. The way to disable advertising
  24. residual image problem solution + Another option
  25. How to make sure that Google is not updated in the Play Store
  26. If the sound disappears when switching to speaker
  27. Instructions for forced change of the network mode (approx. 4G / 3G only)
  28. Configure VOLTE operator Tele2
  29. VoLte operator Yota
  30. WiFi calling
  31. Instructions for setting up 4G to receive incoming calls on the example of the operator Megafon + Addition + Why I don't have 4G network members
  32. Solving the problem with the proximity sensor (blinks the screen when talking, does not light up later)
  33. Lowering the firmware version from 8.1 to 7.X (from ARB4 to ARB3) with a closed bootloader via MiFlash without scaling
  34. If the Internet disappears when you are online mob. operator. Solution options + Another option + More + Crutch for android 9, need root - Theory
  35. LTE frequency check
  36. Removing embedded applications without root on a locked bootloader
  37. The easiest way to remove applications without root on MIUI 10
  38. the percentage of charge next to the battery on MIUI 10.2.1.0
  39. Another option with battery percentage
  40. Small on-screen buttons on firmware 10.2.1.0
  41. If in the section "system update" the item of file selection for firmware disappeared
  42. How to disable the browser on svaypu up and return Google? + Another option + Disable swipe search
  43. "One-handed operation"
    in the mode "Full-screen gestures"

44. How to remove the overheating message after updating to 10.2.1.0.
  45. Return the flashlight to the lock screen
  46. Autoturn stopped working - Solution
  47. How can I get the phone to see the hard disk on the OTG in NTFS format
  48. Remove update notification in status bar + Supplement for 10.3.1.0 + More options
  49. Making the interface smoother
  50. If Wi-Fi falls off
  51. Not supported Instagram
  52. Fix TTL (bypass distribution limit)
  53. Backup instructions
  54. Optimization of MIUI 10 (disabling advertising and unnecessary applications, optimizing battery and RAM)
  55. How does custom recovery affect OTA updates
  56. How to set up picture-in-picture + Features of the function on the 9th Android + Option to stock. YouTube + Another option
  57. How to configure the "smart case" function.
  58. Quick Charge 3.0 Support Information (Quick Charge)
  59. List of applications that can be removed / frozen
  60. Bluetooth connection to the radio
  61. Setting auto brightness on the 9th android. + Still
  62. Changes on android 9
  63. The Dark Theme in Mi Explorer
  64. Increase the volume of conversational dynamics need root access + Another method.
  65. Fix save to flash drive
  66. Estimated "zhor" of the battery after the update on Android 9

Past Survey Results
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Important:We recommend to check your smartphone for the absence of a bug with sticking frequencies.
Learn more about the bug, how to detect it and how to inform developers about it.
in this post.

Special attention, important information.
If your smartphone after updating to android 9 hangs in recovery, caught the bootlap, turned into a brick, DO NOT write about this topic, immediately go to the firmware theme and read the instructions for restoring your gadget.LINK

Topics CuratorKeep quiet

Post has been editedKeep quiet - 04.07.19, 10:52
Reason for editing: Zhor battery. FAQ of general instructions and recommendations for Xiaomi devices

Rep: (152)
X! LDEN @ 02.26.18, 18:44*
if the gadget is with cameras worse than indian and without treble.

Changes will be only in the red notes of 5 india (the one that is redmi 5 +), this will change the camera for the best in it when they start selling in China! In the red notes of 5 pro in China, the name will remain the same, and nothing will change!

Rep: (1)
Attached Image

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is a global firmware.

Post has been editedsava50 - 26.02.18, 21:10
Reason for editing: Spoiler

Rep: (235)
Here are the official wallpapers who need
https: // androidfilehos ... fid = 818070582850492980

Rep: (5)
* X! LDEN , thank you, cool wallpaper: rofl:
Attached Image

Rep: (24)
Where to read reviews how convenient is the use of "shovels" of this size?

Rep: (0)
* andyback , I used Redmi 5 plus, it is the same size, lies in the hand as 5 inch in width, very comfortable, does not slip in the hands

Post has been editedDemon 15 - 27.02.18, 15:05

Rep: (83)
* Demon 15 , in width and thickness it is like Le pro 3 5.5 inches, nor how it is not 5 inches.

Demon 15 @ 27.02.18, 15:05*
Lies in hand like 5 inches wide

It says nothing to me. I did not have 5 inches. Interested in how to go with him, where to put it especially in summer, when there are few pockets. Does it interfere. How not to break in half, etc. etc.

Post has been editedandyback - 27.02.18, 15:14

Demon 15 @ 27.02.18, 15:14*
better to wear in a backpack

What is the difference from the tablet then?

Rep: (152)
* andyback I have redmi notes 3 pro, I held 5 + in my hands and compared them in place, I really liked how 5+ lies in my hand, better than 3 pro notes, 5+ in size like 3 pro notes in a case, but I I really liked the efficiency of the screen 5 +, with the same screen size more, it is very important for me!

* andyback , screen 18 9 autonomy better processor better now even a tablet does not have 6 7 inch on 4G working with two SIM cards

Rep: (12)
On the xiaomi website, in the firmware for redmi note 5, in addition to the Indian version, a global one appeared (http://en.miui.com/download-342.html), size is different, version is different (size and version are the same as redmi note 5 pro Indianhttp://en.miui.com/download-341.html)It looks like the Chinese version is the global version of the Indian 5 pro, I suppose that the numbers of the 28th in the second series of sales in India will appear in China redmi note 5 (but immediately as a global version).

Post has been editedJianjo - 27.02.18, 16:08

Demon 15 @ 27.02.18, 17:14*
Very long, not all pockets climb, it is better to wear in a backpack, and buy a protective case for any

Visual comparison of length, width and height.

Rep: (80)
Well, it looks like the first Chinese stores decided on the price of the new Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro - $ 250 (14,447 rubles)

What do you think, the price is normal?

2G: GSM 850/900/1800 / 1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900 / 2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE B1 / B3 / B5 / B7
TDD-LTE B38 / B39 / B40 / B41

OS MIUI 9
CPU Snapdragon 636 Octa-core
ROM 64GB
RAM 4GB

Post has been editedDommer - 27.02.18, 17:39

Link to the store

Rep: (17)
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5

Post has been editedspikerQ - 27.02.18, 20:07

Rep: (7)
Dommer @ 02.27.18, 17:38*
Well, it looks like the first Chinese stores decided on the price of the new Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro - $ 250 (14,447 rubles)

What do you think, the price is normal?

2G: GSM 850/900/1800 / 1900MHz
3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900 / 2100MHz
4G: FDD-LTE B1 / B3 / B5 / B7
TDD-LTE B38 / B39 / B40 / B41

OS MIUI 9
CPU Snapdragon 636 Octa-core
ROM 64GB
RAM 4GB

And the changes in the cameras there, compared with the Indian version? And this is not a global version: beee:

The site has a price for version 6/64 - 16758 rubles. charging EU Charger
Redmi note 5

Post has been editedAvestnik - 27.02.18, 20:48
Reason for editing: Version 6/64

Rep: (30)
Well, I decided to sell the 8th galaxy and buy this unit. Because the speed of work in social networks and messengers is no different from Redmi 5 Plus, and in Note 5 Pro everything should be better than that of the younger brother. The rest of the pribludy like wireless charging, ANM, Edge panel, etc. I do not use. It saddens one thing that Type-C in Note 5 Pro was not delivered.

* DenH8k,
Well, there is 9% with this porridge today, I don’t know whether the phones fall or not.

Rep: (45)
* X! LDEN,
In the link, only one thing is said ...
There are three of them on Tenaa:
MEE7s
MET7s
Mec7s

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/08/19 22:53