> Attention!

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

PocketSprite | micro-console keychain

Rep: (35)
Attached Image

PocketSprite

Ultra-miniature game console with Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Sega Master System and Game Gear emulation. A thing for geeks and just a funny gadget, without pretending to be serious gaming, but still having everything in it (and even a bit more) to be called a full-fledged portable device. Cost - $ 55, with free shipping worldwide.

Specifications
  • Dimensions: 55 x 32 x 14 mm
  • Processor: ESP32 dual core 240 MHz MCU
  • Memory: 128 MBit flash, 520 KB RAM, 448 KB ROM
  • Case: ABS plastic with soft touch
  • Buttons: power, A, B, start, select, game pad, ABS plastic
  • Screen: OLED, 25 x 22 mm, 96 x 64 pixels, 5: 4 ratio, 60+ FPS
  • Sound: 13 mm mono speaker
  • Wireless interfaces: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Low Energy
  • Battery: built-in 250 mAh Li-ion battery, charging via micro USB
  • Complete set: collection packing (95 x 60 x 34 mm) and instruction
  • Emulation Support: GNUBoy for Game Boy & Game Boy Color, SMS Plus for Sega Master System & Game Gear
  • Documentation and sites:https://pocketsprite.comandhttps://github.com/PocketSprite
  • Easter eggs: they are there, just need to look

Photo
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Video and gifs

Reviews

Short description
  1. Very small size - suitable as a keychain on the keys, but it still remains a game console
  2. Plays all Roma with Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Sega Master System and Game Gear.
  3. You can continue to play exactly where you stopped last time.
  4. Downloading games / software / updates in one click using Wi-Fi (built-in web server)
  5. The built-in battery allows you to play for hours with a single charge and be in standby mode for months.
  6. High-quality build with responsive buttons and customizable volume / brightness
  7. Open source software and hardware:https://github.com/PocketSprite
  8. Productive ESP32 development platform
  9. Delivery from China with track number

Purchase and delivery
On the official site:https://pocketsprite.com/Three versions with free worldwide shipping are now available for purchase:
  • plain PocketSprite in a black and transparent case for $ 54.95
  • disassembled PocketSprite "Hacker's Edition" for self-assembly in a black and transparent case for $ 54.95
  • PocketSprite "Deluxe Edition" - the body of aviation aluminum, glass Gorilla Glass 4, color black and (a little later) unpainted polished metal, all this joy for $ 199.00

FAQ
Q: Will there be support for NES and SNES?
A working NES emulator is already there, you can install it with the latest updates, but with one caveat - the text may be unreadable in most games due to the screen features. SNES emulation is not planned by the authors.

Q: Where to get updates and how are they installed?
Always fresh updates are available at the link:https://pocketsprite.com/latest.zip. The installation is the simplest - unzip the file by reference, in turn we upload it via Wi-Fi to the device, then reboot the device, that's it.

Post has been editedAstus - 14.07.18, 16:42

Today I saw the news and immediately pre-ordered, I liked this baby so much. I have it alreadysimilar, sweetest thing. I repeat, there can be no serious game pastime, PocketSprite, if in your own words, is just an expensive keychain for geeks and others nostalgic. How come, I will write a mini-review. But, apparently, it will not be very soon, by the three months described you can usually add as many more.
Already looking forward, especially some Zelda
Attached Image
: D

Post has been editedAstus - 14.02.18, 01:25

Rep: (1451)
* Astus,
Really for geeks. If it's not a secret, what price did it cost?

Dyuss @ 02/15/18 12:52*
Really for geeks. If it's not a secret, what price did it cost?

3320 r. Asked now if the NES and SNES emulation is planned. Not that I was going to play, but still the “Dandy” is the most dear.

Rep: (1451)
* Astus,
Quite expensive, but very beautiful. Unsubscribe later about the experience of use.

* Dyuss,
Yes, the price is too high, for the money on the same Ali you can see a whole bunch of portables. This stopped, hesitated the whole day, but in the end the keychain form factor won.
Upon arrival I will make a small report with a photo.

Rep: (0)
ordered, waiting for content under it

dasdas2121 @ 17.02.18, 11:28*
ordered, waiting for content under it

Content for it for twenty years as heaps)

pocketsprite is open source and the creators have launched a contest for development for it, so surely by May (when she gets to me) ponaclip software or even IGOR is made especially for her. the games are understandable, but there is also software, however, since this is a very popular esp32

Post has been editeddasdas2121 - 17.02.18, 15:10

* dasdas2121,
There is such a thing, too, I hope, but I don’t expect much on the number and variety, a specific thing after all.

Rep: (98)
50 bucks, zhuuuut, from the key fobs in the same money, probably onlythoriumI can remember tritium :)
The taste and color of course, IMHO super expensive, surely teapots will come up with cheaper clones without howling foy, blupup and even more slow downs.
Minus key fobs - they are worked out for six months in the "difficult to know" state if used as a keypad)

Post has been edited-dE- - 12.03.18, 11:43

* -dE-,
agree with everything. Shield to do it, I love every such gadget ВЇ \ _ (гѓ„) _ / ВЇ On the keys, of course, I will not wear it, I will put it at home, as a funny souvenir.

Rep: (4)
-dE- @ 12.03.18, 11:42*
50 bucks, zoo

Type custom ESPh32 with a top flash drive - 15-20 dollars
Screen - Three Dallar
Dissipation, battery, sound chip from the controller from the electric motor, charging controller - near dallar
Scarf - some cents
The case of high-quality plastic - a few dallar.

So that the price is normal. Or you offer creators without a margin to work?

Rep: (98)
Sovietotaku @ 03/30/18 11:37*
So that the price is normal. Or you offer creators without a margin to work?
If you read carefully - I did not offer)

I added two anboxings / reviews to the header.

Today came my copy. Still not figured out what and how.
From what confuses
1. When charging, there is no charge indication
2. Devaysik slightly but unpleasantly squeaks when turned on. Launched an already installed 2048, the squeak was very loud

Borisphen @ 07/10/18, 15:54*
Today came my copy. Still not figured out what and how.

My yesterday rushed) But there was no time even to rum some run, only managed to charge. In the off state, when charging, it shows the battery on the screen and the diode is lit on the left.
On the console, from the fact that the first catches the eye - what a miniature he is, of course. It's one thing on a photo / video, another thing when you hold this crumb in your hands. Very small. And that's cool.
It is assembled at first glance well, but already a little later, upon closer inspection, I noticed two jambs: first, to the left of the power connector, a noticeable such discrepancy between the parts of the case, secondly, the action buttons are very noticeable worn, as if shakryabali them / , or like a used / used console. Unpleasant, of course, but not critical.

* Astus,

Will the diode go out after charging? By the way, this does not seem to be a diode, but a part of the screen that could be disposed of with great intelligence))
The screen, as for me, is very small, it seems it was possible to cram something bigger in both size and resolution)
Does the device squeak if you bring it to your ear when it is on? Or just so unlucky.

Borisphen @ 07/10/18, 16:47*
Will the diode go out after charging?

I took off the charge at night, I do not remember, but it seems not, the screen and the "diode" were burning.

By the way, this does not seem to be a diode, but a part of the screen that could be managed with great intelligence))

It also seemed so) A strange decision, if so.

The screen, as for me, is very small, it seems it was possible to cram something bigger in both size and resolution)

That yes, one could make it into a black frame size. But, on the other hand, there would have been no particular gain with a total amount) It’s still a toy, that is so.

Does the device squeak if you bring it to your ear when it is on?

After work, check. At the same time I will test normally.
UPD squeaks very quietly, almost inaudible. If I didn’t hold it close to my ear, I wouldn’t hear it at all.

Post has been editedAstus - 10.07.18, 21:45

Updated to the latest firmware that supports NES. In Mario, it is still possible to play somehow, it is unrealistic to play in casteling, nothing is visible and it is difficult to control the crosspiece quickly.
After a night charge, there was an indication of a full charge, so everything is ok.
Cool console, but you can play in something simple, where you do not need a quick response and the graphics are not very rich. Maybe the second version will be released with more thoughtful ergonomics)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 07/17/19, 17:15