HP PAVILION POWER 15-cb000 - Discussion | [Notebook] Windows | 15.6 "| core i5 7300 hq | 8GB RAM

Rep: (0)
: Yes2: HP PAVILION POWER 15-cb000 - Discussion пїЅ | Description | Buying and Accessories пїЅ
notebook | Windows | 15.6 "| core i5 7300 hq | 8GB

Specifications
Intel Core i5 7300HQ 2500 MHz / 15.6 "/ 1920x1080 / 8Gb / 1000Gb HDD / DVD no / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 / Wi-Fi / Bluetooth / DOS
additional information
HP PAVILION POWER 15-cb006ur (Intel Core i5 7300HQ 2500 MHz / 15.6 "/ 1920x1080 / 8Gb / 1000Gb HDD / DVD no / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 / Wi-Fi / Bluetooth / DOS)
Useful information
Good day!!I need help with this laptop owners , The question arose about Cooling systems

Is it normal that the hot air blowing is directed at the screen and not pour out if it defects with the display, or the cooling system is doing its job? How are you showing a laptop under load? Or is it a bad job with the cooling?

I hope there are owners of the laptop on the forums: yes2:

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, contact the author of the topic in QMS (personal message) or to the section moderators via the buttonA complaintunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been edited1Primera1 - 08.02.18, 15:28

Rep: (5)
* mergen3107,
Let me ask ... And what if you buy this laptop? To undervolting-ohm engaged and the down? Chasing the stress test Aida CPU + GPU for about an hour. Temperatures stayed within 68-72, throttling has not been noticed. And we must understand that laptops are not all the same for games and to require them to something more is not necessary.
* Michael_Shlenskiy,
I'm certainly not percent i7-7700HQ, may in this case. But now, at this moment, I open the browser with a bunch of tabs, Photoshop, Word and laptop slightly warm to the right. Even I noticed that if you turn the keyboard backlight, the laptop starts to warm up quite noticeably. Not hot, but much warmer than if you work with all the garbage that are written earlier. What is the reason is not clear. Therefore, the backlight turns on when sitting in the dark. ))) I also planted at the rear legs rubber shaybochki 0.5 cm thick, increasing the gap between the bottom and top. )

Rep: (33)
* babuka,
Yes, all the same processor heat it has. The effect of illumination did not notice. I check it out. I would not say that my laptop is strongly heated from above by a load, as you wrote, but still in continuous operation in this mode is not very comfortable right hand on it becomes.
P.S. And yes I forgot to mention one important point. At home it is always connected to the second monitor via HDMI - this is likely the case, because then the discrete vidyuha hem.

Post has been editedMichael_Shlenskiy - 27.04.18, 18:24

Rep: (37)
* babuka,
It is not that for which laptop is purchased. And the fact that when there is a problem, you can try to solve it, than to suffer. So I asked Michael, as he had observed tangible overheating.
If you do not have this problem, I am very happy for you!
Let me explain why (a spoiler).

From what I understand about undervolting'a:
By and large, undervolting should be the last step in the settings nouta factory. Chips Processors rivet so that one party will be the majority of the crystals of average quality, plus / minus 2 standard deviations (globally speaking, whether this crystal i3, i5 and i7, and this determined the weak chips a software block defective blocks). But all chips of one model (i7-7700HQ, for example) exhibit the same nominal frequency, as it is easier and more profitable in terms of mass production.
As the quality of the crystal affects the overheating, bad chips at this frequency are ineffective, and good efficiency. By efficiency I mean the proportion of the performance / watt.

That is, in fact, after undervolting'a changing the denominator and not the numerator (it is necessary to change the intake, but not the frequency).

When buying a laptop, you can not know what the quality of your crystal. Therefore undervolting at all different.

mergen3107 @ 27.04.18, 23:46*
when there is a problem, you can try to solve it, than to suffer

So I do not call endure. ) If there is a problem with overheating, is not it better to start with a revision of the decision of SB, if you are sure it has not yet done. Disassemble, see replace the thermal paste. How old is your laptop? Judging from the pictures, there is fine-meshed radiator outlet. Maybe inside he already clogged with dust? Remove the fans, look. And only then engage in a undervolting-and crutches.

* babuka,
in terms of practicality, it is easier and faster to try undervolting, than fumbling with CO. But yes, I agree, if the plant nakosyachili with thermal paste, is definitely worth attention to detail.

P.S. I did not say that I have this laptop :)

guys that like to add a hard drive to the HP Pavilion Power 15-cb038ur 3FY78EA What else adapter (loop) is necessary? who knows?

* nethill,
There are only two slots for storage: ordinary SATA and M.2-2280.
Adapters are not needed.

Post has been editedmergen3107 - 12.05.18, 22:13

Rep: (2)
Good day to all!

First post on this site, please do not throw me in sneaker and have not read the rules of the site conditions.

I myself am a web developer and a former repairman pc / beech, photographer (hobbies), in November bought the book for the work instead of your PC.
acquired:
- Beech 15-cb009ur
- SSD Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 PCIe 3.0 250GB (MZ-V6E250BW)
- additional RAM SODIMM Samsung 8GB DDR4 2400 (M471A1K43CB1-CRC)

How to remove the bottom cover - watch videos
cover, youtube

Waiting - a powerful, two coolers, a good heat sink, easy to remove the bottom cover, the screen resolution of 1920 * 1080.

In real life
- remove the bottom cover heavier, maybe a strong latch
- put ssd RAM and luckily I had the screws for beech that could fix the bar ssd
- reset from scratch windows ver 10 1709 set drivers, etc.

Six months
- work with a resolution of 1920 * 1080, 15.6 and scaling to 125% or 100% - so-so, each time you to set the font size in the program.
- friezes and small hang this potential problem, the authors have written above or read under the spoiler, while working, I temporarily disabled nvidia graphics card, well, can not be tolerated when the browser chrome friezes, the context menu on the desktop and in Windows Explorer. Changed difference nvida intel graphics driver and chipset - no result. A support Hp silent. Vindous updated until 1803, not Vries context menu, but the browser chrome and the entrance to Freese desktop. drivers are the latest version. On this issue, it is known a year ago (spoiler)
Forum, microsoft

- BIOS - the latest version F.14, I do not remember at what version of the BIOS to change the video card was the point. Why removed - xs.

- purchased HP Elitedisplay e273q monitor (27 "2560 * 1440), is very convenient to work with him when scaling 100%, hdmi cable, it turns out that there is no need to connect a second monitor (if you are using a PC or a laptop lid is closed, it's all according to your taste ), before I had a monitor 23, 1920 * 1080.
- while working with the monitor not Vries, maybe continually worked nvidia graphics card. (Freese - occurs during the nvidia graphics card switching (spoiler), all of it on the Internet is written for the sake of battery life and so on.)
Freese, youtube

As for temperature, using using aida64 program
- no-load CPU temperature fluctuated ~ 48-60gr, during photoshop, browsers, movies and so on. except games (many years did not play / not play) I gained up to ~ 85gr, and also at the closing of the laptop roof, changed the thermal paste arctic mx-4 and terpoplanku arctic, the same situation.
- I tested aida64 stress test - the processor has reached to about 99gr, did not continue to parse.
- By the way, the radiator can be easily removed, which greatly facilitate your work (the screws are attached to the processor and video chip, nothing else to look for).
- notice that one cooler is working and the other is not, maybe in the first cooler small dust accumulated on the blade, and the second cooler - then I'll test.
- a processor operated at 100% capacity (power setting), the CPU frequency reached to 3.6, the value set to 99%, turbobust turned off, the frequency dropped to 2.7, the temperature fell to ~ 85 (stress test ayda64), decided to make undervolting to -0.140 in the section Core Voltage Offset using the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (spoiler), the temperature dropped to -75. During operation, the above listed hesitated ~ 50-65gr temperatures that are quite satisfied.
intel

- ssd ~ 40-48
- hdd ~ 40, depending on how you pay for it, if you regularly then more
- ubuntu did not try to put it on the Dev vmware, I gave her 8GB RAM and 780mb video card (recommendation program) works well.

Yes disappointing due to the cooling system, which is a bit of money is obtained.
Someday I will have the desire - to work with the program rw everything and notebook fancontrol (spoiler), repeatedly I was able to set up a cooler full capacity on some laptops.
There is a risk of breakage fee if not correctly choose the value in the program rw everything. If you're curious and want to control the cooler - a guide (spoiler), I am not responsible for your actions and failure.

guide and bend

And what about the noise in the courtyard of my prospect and the more I am hard of hearing, so is not particularly critical for me))

Though it is necessary to understand that there are some models of intel 6700k 7700k 8700k temperature jumps sharply from 55gr to 90g during a stress test in order to avoid such a problem - buy a good cooler with a size of 120 cm ^ 3 or scalping. Intel company knows this situation and said norms, so perhaps there is nothing surprising if 7700hq.

Rep: (20)
The people of such a problem. Appeared recently at the kind of sound, it is not clear what has caused. Can coolers with that?

Problem solved. If a man have the same troubles in the BIOS, disable the permanent inclusion of the fan, must crack the abyss.

Attached files

Attached fileSoundRecord-2018-05-20-16-20-04.wav(647.54 KB)

Post has been editedgaussssss - 20.05.18, 17:17

Hello. Son bought a laptop for my birthday. And it without a pre OSes. I put kryaknut. Can someone help podnlitsya recovery for the HP Pavilion Power 15-cb007ur. Thank.

* opii73,
The idea is you rekaveri optional. Almost all the drivers from the HP website, you can download

* opii73,
A rekaveri you for what? ) If you want him to do the type of recovery, you will still be without a key. With pre-installed key sewn into the BIOS. If drivers are needed, then they rekaveri old. Better as already suggested above, to download from the HP website.

* jmz-h,
jmz-h @ 17.04.18, 14:27*
Somebody put a Linux distribution?

Yes, I configured Dual-Boot with rEFInd.

Model 15-cb010ur (i7-7700hq, 8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 4GB, 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, FreeDOS).

The laptop I needed mainly for work, often require linux. But to put it was not quite easy.
Now successfully works Dual-Boot: Win10 + Ubuntu 18.04 (I plan to continue to change it), both running on the SSD. Wind in my license, activated via the Internet without any problems.

In general, it appears that the SSD 128 Gb (that is 111 GB, on really) small even for a single Win10, if you put Office + Visual Studiom it will have "a bit crowded." But for linux disk I had to repartition more, now there are two main sections of 50 GB, and a few office for rekaveri and EFI. HDD also broke into several partitions, the main - 500 GB, to point out all of the programs installed (although many only installed the SSD, in spite of the variety of ways to HDD).

Very happy launch velocity. What is Win10, that ubuntu - 10 seconds before the logon screen, after entering the password - instantly appears working environment.
Has created an NTFS partition to 100GB, mount it as / home / user / shared in ubuntu, disabled hibernate on it and caching, received total win + linux disk.

In general, to change the SSD at the same fast, but the 256 GB .... But I do not know, on what would have to change the model. The 8 GB memory until I rest.

Installing linux and rEFInd complicated by the fact that ubuntu could not consider some keys of UEFI and Win10 strange somehow partition your hard disk, and instead of 4 sections ubuntu installer saw only one large encrypted partition type "windows basic data" (although encryption I included). It turned out that the older version of ubuntu I could deliver without problems, and the new - no.
I wanted to put ubuntu studio 18.04, but had to put ubuntu 14.04, and then two upgrades to move to 15.04 and 18.04. As a result, we have ubuntu 18.04. 14.04 The installer did not see partitions on SSD, but it was decided a change in the size of the system partition in Windows ( "Shrink volume" in Disk Manager). Then in the resulting empty space by the installer, I created a section ext4, and everything installed without problems. Problems with drivers on linux was not.
Now we need to understand how I from the standard ubuntu 18.04 ubuntu studio 18.04 receive free installation "from scratch", and "update" ...

However, I also have some questions / requests:
1) Could anyone put any drivers or software to link to IR illumination. In my model there are HP IR FHD Wide Camera, which is compatible with Windows the Hello, but of HP I can not find drivers for it, and those that put Windows 10 - too shabby (the camera has no settings, IR control impossible).

2) Do I have anything further to enable / disable the settings when using the SSD in this model in order to prolong his life? All the swap file I transferred to the hard disk, linux-swap 8GB there, but neither one nor the other is hardly ever used. Does Windows 10 for TRIM SSD itself? The "disk optimization" properly defined types: HDD and SSD, stated "automatic optimization". A bit annoying, frankly, that there is nowhere stated what is meant by "optimization" for each disc.

3) Is there a body at least one metal part? I understand that it is mostly made of plastic, but somewhere in the review mentioned metal inserts - in fact, where are they?

4) Standard question: if to change the SSD and add memory, whether this will lead to a breach of the HP warranty or not? And is it possible, for example, give the laptop a bar SSD memory and an authorized HP Service Center so that they have established them, keeping the warranty?

* ReMF626,
1. Poor searched. _ttps: //support.hp.com/ru-ru/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-power-15-cb000-laptop-pc/15551388/model/16916975 Section "Keyboard, mouse, input devices"
Here are the latest at the moment of the HP dated 8.11.2017 _ttps: //ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82501-83000/sp82570.exe
2. SSD I do not have, and is not needed. Here is an article about the TRIM. Esteem can come in useful. _ttps: //remontka.pro/enable-trim-ssd-windows/
3. There. This is the side on which the keyboard. ))
4. Here a difficult question. The idea is not, but if something happens, you can get to the bottom. As an authorized center to install, the warranty is not affected. That's why he and the authorized center.

Post has been editedbabuka - 25.05.18, 06:06

* babuka, thank you very much!

And, it turns out, all models are 15-cb0XXyy differ only by a complete set of CPU + RAM + SSD + HDD? The rest of the periphery is the same?

Just a page of my 15-cb010ur these drivers were not.

Rep: (542)
* ReMF626, guarantee will lose only if damaged laptop components. If carefully put everything, nothing to lose. Additional questions about the warranty can be given in this topic .

* ReMF626,
cb000 line - sb099 different fillings. Drivers for this line is almost the same. I suspect that when you search, you simply choose OSes. )

* mergen3107,
The fact is that if you take only the beech with the SSD, then SATA screw no loop or attachment, only the connector Nurse lonely sticks.

It is necessary to re-buy:
Hard drive bracket 926877-001
Hard drive cable 926874-001

The easiest way to buy a trail to Ali:
https: //ru.aliexpress....999.261.754e3c003T5Kr1

* nethill,
I'm better than lecturing a detailed service manual, everything is painted in detail. ) All beech in the analysis and details of the name.
Here is a screen of it:
Attached Image

Post has been editedbabuka - 27.05.18, 11:34

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 17/09/19, 22:10