> Important!

We strongly recommend to familiarize withRules section "Android - devices"

New threads need to be created only inroot partition! In the future, they will be processed by moderators.

Philips S318 - Discussion | Smartphone 5 "

Rep: (1)
DiscussionPhilips S318
PicturePhilips S318, DG1142270
Description | Discussion пїЅ

• Before asking a question, look Android OS FAQandGlossary. Respect your and other people's time.
  • To discuss and search for third-party programs / games, use the following sections: Programs and Games .
  • To compare the device with competitors and on the choice of devices, please contact: Selection and Comparison .
  • The available amount of RAM and memory for installing applications is discussed in the topic: How much memory is in your machine?
  • The results of performance tests of Android devices, see the topic: Benchmark
  • Before posting photos, read the topic Working with Images on the forum
  • Messages that are not related to the topic of discussion (offtopic) are deleted without warning.

Specifications
Main characteristics
CPU:
Quad Core 1.3 GHz
Battery capacity:
2500 mAh
Operating system:
Android 7.0
RAM (RAM):
2 GB
Built-in memory:
16 GB
Screen diagonal:
5 ″
SIM card:
Micro-SIM / SIM
Number of SIM cards:
2 SIM cards
Front-camera:
5 Mp
3G / 4G support:
Yes Yes
Network functions
GPRS (reception + transmission):
Class 12, Class B
GSM frequency:
900, 1800 MHz
MMS (multimedia messaging), SMS (Short Message Service), Multicast SMS, Combined SMS (Long SMS), SMS Presets, Message Presets (SMS, MMS), Email. post office
Services:
WAP 2.0, Internet on mobile, OTA provisioning (WAP, MMS)
Voice codec:
FR / EFR / AMR / HR
EDGE:
Yes
3G:
Yes wcdma
WCDMA frequency:
2100 MHz, 900 MHz
4G:
900 (B8), 1800 (B3), 2100 (B1), 2600 (B7), 800 (B20)
Dimensions and warranty
Warranty:
1 year international warranty
Antenna:
Built
Form Factor:
Monoblock
Tube dimensions:
147 x 73.5 x 8.8 mm
Weight:
Colour:
Dark grey
Image / Display
Main display resolution:
720 x 1280 pixels
Main display colors:
16.7 million
Main display technology:
TFT IPS
Capacitive touch screen:
Yes
Taking photos
Camera:
8 Mp
Camera:
Built
Flash:
Built
Image Sensor Type:
CMOS
View frame rate:
30 frames per second
Image File Format:
Jpeg
Image quality:
Normal, Good, High
Reproduction of photos
Image compression format:
BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG
Rotation:
90 degree increments
Slide show:
Yes
Video capture
Video format:
MPEG4
Video playback
Compression formats:
3GP, AVI, H.263, H.264, MKV, MPEG4, WMV
Frame rate per second:
Resolution (pcx):
800x600, 1280x720
Audio recording
Dictaphone:
Yes, AMR Technology
Audio reproduction
Supported Audio Formats:
AAC, AAC +, APE, FLAC, Midi, MP3, WAV, AMR Technology
Sound
Calls:
Call AMR, Call MP3, Polyphony (64 tones)
Media carriers
Types of memory cards:
Micro SD, up to 32 GB
Memory Card Slot:
Separate
Memory Management:
Dynamic memory reallocation, Memory Status
Comfort
Control buttons:
Side keys, On / Off. nutrition
Call Distribution:
Firewall, Talk time, Conference call, Call waiting, Caller ID, Microphone mute, Call redirection, Received calls, Missed calls, Call hold, Emergency call
Hours / version:
Analog, Multi-Hours, Digital
Ease of navigation:
Touch screen
The convenience of use:
Hotkeys, Vibrate, Graphical User Interface, Handsfree Mode, Flight Mode, Dual SIM, Special Headset Jack
Games and apps:
Alarm Clock, Widget, Motion Sensor, File Manager, Calendar, Calculator, Document Viewer, Schedule, Photo Editor, Stopwatch, Countdown Timer
User Interface Language:
English, Romanian, Russian, Ukrainian
Personal / user settings:
Downloadable animir. GIF images, Downloadable images, Downloadable melodies, Screensaver, Screensaver, Ringtones
Enter text:
Predictive text input
Vibrating alert:
Yes
Volume adjustment:
Yes
GPS
Built-in GPS receiver:
Yes
A-GPS support:
Yes
Connections
Bluetooth:
Yes, version 4.1
PC Link function:
USB 2.0 port
Modem features:
CSFB, DL 150 Mbps, EDGE, GPRS, HSDPA 42 Mbps, HSUPA 11.5 Mbps, LTE, Cat4 LTE, SMS, UL 50 Mbps, VoLTE, WCDMA
Wireless connection:
Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
Bluetooth profiles:
A2DP, HSP, OPP, File Transfer Profile
Headset:
Through 3.5 mm jack
Serial connections:
USB to MicroUSB cable
Accessories
Included accessories:
Battery, charger, USB data cable, International Warranty, User manual
Nutrition
Battery Type:
Lithium ion
Standby time:
612.5 hours
Talk time:
16.5 hours
Country of Origin:
China

Photo
Attached Image

Useful

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvladseverrr - 27.06.19, 07:00
Reason for editing: Navigator

Rep: (160)
* World_Naskela And bluetooth turned off the phone?

Rep: (0)
* timon04 , yes

timon04
Sorry for molestation. For several evenings walking through your link. Carefully studied the material presented by the author. But the trouble is that the author describes the process of firmware smartphone. But I somehow do not need to flash your device. I simply want to make friends with a computer to reset, for example, a photo and a computer it. Something to upload from a computer. And in an article on the link nothing about this. Only firmware.
Or you need to flash your smartphone, and then he will make friends with a computer?

Rep: (160)
* baraban_plus , Well, if carefully read all the phone connect to a computer and go to the manager ustroystv.Proshivat do not need anything.

Attached images
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Post has been editedtimon04 - 12.10.18, 04:18

timon04
Actions on the picture 1 and 2, I have long since made. As for the pictures 3, then executed only partially. Those. select "USB Debugging has been made long ago, but the item" Connected as a storage device, "I do not have at all.
But there is an item "USB Configuration". There's a whole column options.
Charging
MTP
PTP
RNDIS (USB Ethernet)
Source audio
MIDI
So, when the configuration of the stands on the MTP, the computer sees the device, but does not fit in with it.
But if you switch to the RNDIS (USB Ethernet), in the "Computer" from the memory device indicating the icon appears. Double-clicking on it opens the contents of all folders. And in the section "USB configuration" is automatically switched to the MTP. These are the miracles.

If you disconnect the USB cable, it all comes back to the original version, and to link the PC with smart, you need to change the USB configuration again.

All good day my problem described just above, also stopped working the microphone during a conversation while flying so during a conversation with the "handsfree" on-off and the microphone is activated

Rep: (7)
World_Naskela @ 08.10.18, 11:20*
I stopped working the microphone in your normal calling.

tikhon9 @ 13.10.18, 15:46*
I stopped working microphone during a conversation

So far, it is treated disabling Google voice assistant, apparently poproavyat in future firmware.

* i166mmx , how to do it?

Rep: (7)
Solving the problem with the microphone at the PHILIPS S318:
Problem Description: When calling the microphone does not work. It starts after the turn on the speakerphone. After it has been also works.
The problem is caused by the Google voice assistant, you need to disable it a permanent job.
the procedure is as follows:

1. Sign in settings
    Attached Image

2. Select "Language & input"
    Attached Image

3. Select "Virtual Keyboard"
    Attached Image

4. Select "Voice Search GoogleВ»
    Attached Image

5. Select "Detection" Google Okay ""
    Attached Image

6. Turn off the option "From any screen"
    Attached Image

Post has been editedMgalex - 17.10.18, 17:01
Reason for editing: In the header

SP

Post has been editedkoktebelskiy - 26.10.18, 12:27

Rep: (19)
How to connect your phone to a computer.

I must say nothing touched: USB debugging is not included, it was necessary only apk on the internal memory to fill.

1) Section for developers: web item and it sub-USB Configuration (default is MTP)
2) Connect your phone to a computer - it accordingly finds drivers for MTP
3) switches to PTP (point to the configuration of USB MTP inscription will remain [likely])
4) Wait somewhere seconds 5-30 and Comp respectively downloads and puts drivers for PTP

resulting in Explorer you can see the camera, going into it to see the internal memory (memory card I have not)
and in the internal memory, you will see a lot of folders and including DCIM, and Music and Download, etc.

Pour back / out everything your heart desires.

Sometimes it is necessary to switch the MTP-PTP back and forth a few times until the computer. It will not connect as expected

Post has been editedReally Handsome - 06.11.18, 16:38

Rep: (19)
I have two smarta 7 android and are both so connected - not comfortable course but if not often that you can tolerate.
Oh, yes there are those computers that focus not see anything (I tried once to this unit is connected - from him as from a confused stump) if you so I do not know how to fight it

Post has been editedReally Handsome - 06.11.18, 16:36

icons unwanted applications (system) can not hide. It is possible here?

maybe someone knows if there is an opportunity to make a socket onscreen buttons clear, or change the contrast?

Rep: (2)
5plyx @ 13.11.18, 01:11*
maybe someone knows if there is an opportunity to make a socket onscreen buttons clear, or change the contrast?

At least some applications may change color. Such as energy efficiency makes orange.

Something about quadrupeds cyanogen mod on this phone? Yet no one has done this firmware?

Lord, I have a question for you on the device.

Not solve the problem found in Google, are as follows:
Constantly come sms "caller tried to call you," outgoing calls work included not.
Already all clambered into the engineering menu, 4d cut off in the settings, reset, battery shot, nothing helps.
Simply throw away or have solutions? Thanks in advance for your reply.
The problem came in the third month of use.

* CrowPuncher I would start by replacing the SIM card, and so on both SIM cards?

Good time! Help the kettle, for God's sake! I used to think that buying a smart phone, I can freely use it, but it was a miracle with blocking all possibilities, which used to ...
1) Previous smart (android 4.2) used except for calls and SMS mainly as notebook reader. Internet is rarely used and little. Settings never keen. New Smart does not have any application to read and compose notes, and does not allow to install third-party applications! So far no problems found only a game, hehe. Fresh applications downloaded, the computer.
2) computer when connected via CSS does not see any files on formatted on it sd card, only folders. How to see and save the files on his computer? Driver on a computer installed without problems, but it does not help.
3) Is it possible to roll back to this version to the standard type android 7, instead of uboischa from Phillips?
4) As I understand it, without the Root rights to work with this reptile is impossible. Can I use a program receiving Ruth rights in one click, type Rootkhp Pro? Otherwise, as I understand it, to be a bunch of fuss (and hell to her), and likely to stay with completely non-working version of Android (and this is a sad, especially given the loss of warranty smart).

philiphs @ 19.12.18, 20:50*
It does not allow to install third-party applications
Settings - Security - Unknown sources include

philiphs @ 19.12.18, 20:50*
Computer when connected via CSS does not see any files on formatted on it sd card, only folders.

and how the files in there?
3 - there is no

Post has been editedDcema - 19.12.18, 21:23

Full version    

Help     rules

Time is now: 23/03/20, 15:32