Message#1
28.01.18, 20:15
VRMAN66
[offline]

Group: Friendssavagemessiahzine.com
Messages 2234
Check in: 07.12.07
Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE SM-G935F

Windows Mixed Reality (Lenovo, Acer, Dell, HP, Samsung Odyssey)

Selected topics | Purchase | Oculus rift cv1 | HTC Vive | Pimax 8K | Pimax 4K | Sony Playstation VR | VR games
  • In the subject are allForum Rules | Section Rules;
  • Useful topics to note:Forum FAQ | How to clean the image under the spoiler;
  • Instead of saying “Thank you!” UsePicture. If you have less than 15 posts - click on the button.Pictureunder the message where you were helped, and write thanks;
  • In the absence of the curator, the moderator fills the topic header. Use the buttonPictureon the message, which, in your opinion, you need to add to the header to contact the moderator.

Attached Image

A small request to the forum participants, write about the model mat. board and the presence / absence of problems connecting the helmet.
The result will be posted in a separate post.

Attached Image

Description and characteristics of devices

��� ����� Windows Mixed Reality (�����������) download

The Microsoft Windows VR Mixed Reality series of PC helmets is a line of virtual reality helmets for Windows 10. This is the 3rd ecosystem of VR helmets with room tracking support and controllers, after SteamVR (HTC Vive) and Oculus.
WMR helmets features
  • room tracking without external sensors (Inside-out) using HoloLens technology without space limitations (World Scale)
  • higher resolution matrices: 2880x1440 LCD (Lenovo, Dell, Acer, HP) - two matrices with a resolution of 1440x1440 pixels each. Or 2880x1600 OLED (Samsung Odyssey) - also two matrices with a resolution of 1440x1600 pixels each.
  • own ecosystem of applications + official SteamVR driver (with support for oculus games via Revive);
  • controllers compatible with HTC Vive and Oculus Touch controllers (touch panel and stick);
  • only works with Windows 10 and c Update 1709 and higher;
  • To operate the controllers, you need to purchase a high-quality USB-Bluetooth 4.0 adapter (a poor-quality adapter can cause problems with the controllers).
Limitations of WMR helmets
  • the need for sufficient and uniform lighting;
  • the controllers work approximately in the zone of 180 degrees of helmet visibility
In the line there are two types of WMR-helmets
  • Type 1: Lenovo, Acer, Dell, HP, Asus
    • 2.89 inch matrix LCD RGB
    • The resolution of the matrix 1440x1440
    • Matrix frequency: 90 Hz
    • Fresnel lenses with a diameter of 42 mm
    • The distance between the lenses is 64 mm
    • Physical lanyard distance adjustment - No
    • IPD software adjustment - Yes (59-67 mm).
    Helmets of this type differ mainly in design and weight. The stated differences in viewing angle do not really matter, because The lenses and the size of the matrix judging by the images and reviews are the same.
    Brief features and differences of helmets:
    Acer - the most budget-made helmet is almost the same as Lenovo, but with lower quality plastic. Facial gasket cheap foam rubber for people with a big nose can push. Cable outlet on the right of the helmet.
    Lenovo - has almost the same design Acer, light weight. It has better quality controllers, face gasket and clip design to the face similar to Acer. Cable outlet on the right of the helmet.
    HP - a heavier helmet, assembled with higher quality materials. Unlike others, it has a detachable cable for easier removal of the helmet. The headphone jack at the bottom of the helmet adds the problem of interfering headphone wires. Cable outlet on the right.
    Dell is also a slightly heavier helmet than Acer and Lenovo, but it has a higher build quality and a reliable opening design, in which the cable does not stretch as in the others. According to reviews, it allows more light in the area of ​​the nose (suitable for large ones). The cable output on the left, as in Oculus and HTC vive Audio Deluxe, does not interfere with a more active right hand.
    As a result, Lenovo received the highest marks among helmets (for weight) and Dell (for build quality, comfort, more reliable cable mounting design and cable output on the left).
  • Type 2: Samsung Odyssey
    • 3.5-inch AMOLED Pentile Matrix
    • Matrix resolution 1440x1600
    • Matrix frequency 90 Hz
    • Fresnel lenses - vertical diameter of 50 mm
    • Physical adjustment of the lens distance - Yes
    • Built-in headphones - Yes
    • Samsung Odyssey has the best quality of matrices (resolution, colors, contrast) and the best quality of lenses (low blur around the edges).
Thanks to the official Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR utility, all games for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift should work. However, some games may have nuances with performance.
Support status of SteamVR games (Reddit)

Reviews
Configure and troubleshoot
Useful
Content
Survey Screenshots
Attached Image

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedZlisten - 23.04.19, 08:27
Reason for editing: Files for printing wall mounts on a 3D printer
aeron_7_62
Message#42
31.01.18, 11:27
User
[offline]

Messages 69
Check in: 05.04.10
Apple iPhone SE

The xbox gamepad would work, everything would be fine

There is also a Xbox gamepad, I'm even more interested in games that can be played with a gamepad (or keyboard + mouse). What can you advise?
I got Subnautica and pushed for a purchase) but it doesn’t cost much + you can use the services and buy it as a gift for 50-40 percent cheaper. I think it’s worth the money, and if they add multiplayer, then there’s generally fire))

--------------------
Apple iPhone SE / Honor Band 3 / WMR Lenovo Explorer
pashaainol
Message#43
31.01.18, 11:34
Tsar of All Russia
[offline]

Messages 1140
Check in: 15.03.13
Xiaomi Mi 3

* aeron_7_62,
Most fire in BP are games on controllers.
wolfhound81
Message#44
31.01.18, 11:36
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1902
Check in: 01.10.08

* aeron_7_62Yes, I have only the fourth day helmet. I understand myself for now. With Klava, it’s generally a dubious pleasure to play, sometimes you also need to wave your head in different directions, and how to look for buttons? Gamepad yes, everything is at hand and tips in the game under it all.
aeron_7_62
Message#45
31.01.18, 11:44
User
[offline]

Messages 69
Apple iPhone SE

Most fire in BP are games on controllers.

Probably yes, but due to my peculiarities, I may have problems with managing the right controller)))
By the way, is it possible to reassign in games so that the right controller is left? What usually in games are responsible buttons on the right controller?

--------------------
wolfhound81
Message#46
31.01.18, 11:47
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1902

* aeron_7_62It depends on the game, but they mostly duplicate each other, and you can play with one of them.
loncaster67
Message#47
31.01.18, 12:01
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1028
Check in: 14.08.10
Xiaomi Mi 5

aeron_7_62 @ 01/31/18 11:44*
By the way, is it possible to reassign in games so that the right controller is left? What usually in games are responsible buttons on the right controller?

You can, you press the stick on the right controller and the hands change places.

Post has been editedloncaster67 - 31.01.18, 12:01
fuel
Message#48
31.01.18, 18:28
VRMAN66
[offline]

Messages 2234

Loncaster67 @ 01/31/18, 14:01*
You can, you press the stick on the right controller and the hands change places.

And what's the catch of this feature, I did not catch up to be honest. And by the way, I never found a SteamVR dashboard in SteamVR.

--------------------
PC VR: Deepoon E2, Oculus DK2, Pimax 4k, Oculus CV1 + Touch, HTC Vive, Deepoon E3, Lenovo WMR, Dell WMR, Sams OD, Sams OD +, Pimax 5k +
Console VR: PSVR + PS4 Pro + Aim Controll
Standalone VR: Oculus Go
loncaster67
Message#49
31.01.18, 22:21
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1028
Xiaomi Mi 5

* fuel,
too, while not thinking about it, maybe a feature for those who want controllers on the other hand to keep the touch on the left)
Try the stick on the left controller (if this is the dashboard).

Post has been editedloncaster67 - 31.01.18, 22:21
Fundoog
Message#50
01.02.18, 03:05
VR experience 4K gaming
[offline]

Messages 845
Check in: 05.10.12
Sony Xperia XZ Dual F8332

* loncaster67Well, there are more achievements you can see during the game and write to someone. Game start or exit.

Posted 02/01/2018 03:07:

In the meantime, I am going to go very soon from the oculus rift dk2 with hydra for vmr. So there will be a very good reason for a very powerful review.

--------------------
I7 4770 3.9ghz<DDR3 1600 16gb<MSI GTX 1080 Ti DUKE<Windows Mixed Reality Headset
pashaainol
Message#51
01.02.18, 08:50
Tsar of All Russia
[offline]

Messages 1140
Check in: 15.03.13
Xiaomi Mi 3

All those who will order from Amazon, using an intermediary, do not highly recommend the shopfans intermediary. My package is from January 19, today it is still at the airport on February 1. A week they took photos for insurance.
loncaster67
Message#52
01.02.18, 09:09
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1028
Xiaomi Mi 5

How to improve picture clarity and text readability for games from SteamVR?
  1. Download and installOpen VR Advanced Settings, updated repository
  2. In SteamVR, we call the menu through the stick on the left controller (if it doesn't work in steam vr>tuning>the developer>Enable navigation menu) and selectiraem Advanced Settings
  3. We are looking for the Supesampling setting and increase it until fps suits us (I put 2.0 for gtx 1070)

PS: Now in new versions of SteamVR, supersampling changes automatically depending on the power of your video card and the system as a whole.There are reports that often SteamVR does not justify understating this figure, so this instruction is still relevant.

Post has been editedZlisten - 24.04.19, 16:30
Reason for editing: Updated repository.
wolfhound81
Message#53
01.02.18, 10:07
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1902

* loncaster67This is the right advice, and then the Steam games are much more soap than those from the Maykovsky store. And how to disable duplication on the screen of the monitor Stekovsky and Okulovsky games? I understand this is an extra load on the computer?
aeron_7_62
Message#54
01.02.18, 11:29
User
[offline]

Messages 69
Apple iPhone SE

and then the Stimov games are much more soapy than from the Maykovsky story

Even those games that have compatibility with WMR?

--------------------
wolfhound81
Message#55
01.02.18, 11:42
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1902

* aeron_7_62Well, of course, but how would I play them on my Lenovo? Especially hacked for Oculus, they generally run through three female genitals.
aeron_7_62
Message#56
01.02.18, 11:46
User
[offline]

Messages 69
Apple iPhone SE

* wolfhound81,
I meant, which officially support WMR, or just those that run through one place)))

--------------------
wolfhound81
Message#57
01.02.18, 12:01
Veteran
[online]

Messages 1902

* aeron_7_62Which for WMR seems to take the settings from Windows, others are probably from the settings described above and the settings in the game itself. I will not argue, not an expert, I'm just learning.
fuel
Message#58
01.02.18, 12:10
VRMAN66
[offline]

Messages 2234

* loncaster67,
And why download something if supersampling directly on SteamVR is configured and works?

--------------------
PC VR: Deepoon E2, Oculus DK2, Pimax 4k, Oculus CV1 + Touch, HTC Vive, Deepoon E3, Lenovo WMR, Dell WMR, Sams OD, Sams OD +, Pimax 5k +
Console VR: PSVR + PS4 Pro + Aim Controll
Standalone VR: Oculus Go
loncaster67
Message#59
01.02.18, 12:33
Old resident
[offline]

Messages 1028
Xiaomi Mi 5

* fuel,
I find it more convenient, as there are other settings besides supersampling, as well as a profile that can be useful for various games. And these settings can be called up at any time. For me personally, it was not obvious where the supersampling settings are in SteamVR, until I came out to the desktop and realized that they were in the small pop-up window of steamvr.

Post has been editedloncaster67 - 01.02.18, 12:38
Dr0nUs
Message#60
01.02.18, 20:30
Local
[offline]

Messages 399
Check in: 06.01.10
Samsung Galaxy S8 Snapdragon

In SteamVR, we call the menu through the stick on the left controller and select Advanced Settings.

I will add, and if it is not called through dashboard (as I do), then inside the advanced setting folder there is a batch file that allows you to run it right on the desktop outside steam VR.

fuel @ 02/01/18 12:10*
And why download something if supersampling directly on SteamVR is configured and works?

There are options that are not made in Steam vr.
For example, there is a floor fix that fixes the position in space for many games from the oculus, well, specifically in the warthuner, I had a position in space above the plane and this setting helped me back to the cockpit.

Post has been editedDr0nUs - 02.02.18, 00:54

--------------------
---
Samsung spicaI570EXXJE4 | Fly IQ444 Diamond 2 (Quattro, Gionee Dream D1) | Nexus 6p | WMR Acer | WMR Lenovo Explorer |iPad Air 16Gb WiFi| Samsung S8 (SM-G950U1) | Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 | WMR Samsung Odyssey
Dr0nUs
Message#61
01.02.18, 22:03
Local
[offline]

Messages 399
Check in: 06.01.10
Samsung Galaxy S8 Snapdragon

Since there is a separate topic then I aggregate all my posts about WMR here.

I managed to fuck three slam: Acer, Lenovo Explorer, Samsung odyssey (and left it).

All three bought from Microsoft in the states. The trick is that you have a month to return the goods if you do not like something (without giving a reason), and it really worked.

At first there was Acer, it was bundled with a laptop from the Microsoft website.

I managed to test the acer, I only 4-6 hours, because right controller died.
Well, that is He stopped being determined by the laptop, I tried everything, even the second laptop decided to use in order to eliminate the software error.
As a result, had to make a return helmet.

The next one was Lenovo, I bought it for a stock on the Microsoft website too for 180 bucks.

Comparison of Lenovo Explorer vs Acer:
  • landing is more convenient for lenovo
  • slightly heavier than lenovo but not significant
  • the lenses are the same
  • tracking of controllers seemed to me much better for Lenovo, maybe for acer just a defective controller was
  • Heats less than acer. Acer for an hour of work was significantly hot in the area of ​​the screen
  • paralonchik (or how this seal is called?) is more convenient for lenovo
  • interpupillary identical as on lenovo (up to 62-64 ipd)

As a result between Acer and Lenovo, the choice is unequivocal in favor of Lenovo.

In general, I liked Lenovo, but then one unpleasant personal factor appeared - my ipd 67-70 and both Acer and Lenovo helmets were washed on one eye, no matter how hard I tried to wear a helmet.
A small remark, on the acer it seemed to me that it was washing a little more than lenovo.
The biggest problem was that I needed a helmet in general for simulators, and elite dangerous.
In elite, in the end, for me personally, the text was difficult to read, and this could be a little corrected if you unscrew the SS to 2 in the stim BP, but it was still not comfortable.

In the end, I decided to order the Samsung, as a second helmet along with Lenovo, in order to be able to compare and then return the Samsung. The price for it is two times higher than Lenova.

By the way, I’m a fan of tearing my eyes off the screens :), so when sams came, I was crazy about the chromaticity / blackness of the screen, and only then noticed that there was a “sweet spot” on the lenses, more.

So I came up with the following comparison.

Comparison of Lenovo Explorer / Acer vs Samsung odyssey:
  • on the Samsung interpupillary distance is regulated mechanically. I have 67-70 (I used handicraft methods) and I almost twisted the adjustment roller at close range.
  • Samsung headphones on the helmet, in general, comfortable
  • On the Samsung there is a microphone on the helmet, and did not check it. I don't like social networks. The rumored microphone is excellent.
  • On the odyssey, adjusting the squeegee on the helmet - mechanical buttons as in gear vr.
  • amold screen on odyssey, and lovers of amoledov mast hev. The picture is brighter and blacker than on Lenovo / Acer.
  • The weight of the helmet is twice as much on the Samsung, and this is a minus of the Samsung. Many are not comfortable after an hour or two of active use. I personally, 4 hours played no special problems
  • Landing a helmet on a lenovo acer is more convenient than on a samsung. The hole under the nose that the petals from the seal to the end do not close. But with Samsung, you can fasten paralon (which is there under the skin or skin) and apparently change to another lining.
  • At the end, the most important difference for me is the “sweet spot” which is more on the Samsung and therefore you can already read the text even at an angle. What is especially important for wlite dangerous upper information socket.
  • Samsung controllers differ slightly modified grip. And then the controversial issue is better. Many people like the Samsung, I personally more comfortable on lenovo.

As a result, I left the samsung to myself (simply because for the money I could at that time and my interpupillary for lenovo is not suitable)

Conclusion: if you have an interpupillary distance standard (62-66) :) and the price is 200-250, I would recommend Lenovo. If the price for Lenovo 350-400 is better than Oculus cv1.
Samsung for 450-500 is too high for its price, although in my opinion the picture on it is better than in the oculus, but the tracking of the controllers is slightly worse than in the same oculus.

I bought Samsung to play mostly simulators (Asseto Corsa, pc2, iRacing, Dirt Rally), flyers (Elite Dangerous, IL2) so tracking controllers is not the most important part for me, the picture is more important. Although I would not say that tracking is bad, because everything that I played with the controllers worked without problems (this means without falling off or the mythical disappearance of the controllers).

If anyone has a question on simulators in BP, then maybe I can help because In addition to the helmet, I have a fanatec and hotas thrustmaster t1600m steering wheel.

For example, dirt rally in time (to run through revive) sometimes lags if the quality (inside the game preset) is set low, but lags pass if you put ultra. Such is the paradox.

Under elite dangerous there is a greatlinkon the guide for settings on wive. It is great for us.

Post has been editedDr0nUs - 01.02.18, 22:07

--------------------
---
Samsung spicaI570EXXJE4 | Fly IQ444 Diamond 2 (Quattro, Gionee Dream D1) | Nexus 6p | WMR Acer | WMR Lenovo Explorer |iPad Air 16Gb WiFi| Samsung S8 (SM-G950U1) | Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 | WMR Samsung Odyssey

396 pagesV  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

mobile version    Now: 04/30/19 16:02