MSI GS Series - Discussion | [notebook] Windows | 15.6 & quot; | INTEL Core i7-7700HQ (Base 2.8GH

Rep: (23)
MSI GS Series - Discussion
Windows 10 | 15.6 "| INTEL Core i7-7700HQ (Base 2.8GHz up to 3.8GHz) (6MB Cache) | 8GB
Windows 10 � | Windows UWP Discussion � | Change the operating system � | Search programs � | Antivirus � | Ambulance laptop owners �

Attached Image

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications
• Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ, 4-core with a clock speed of 2.8GHz and 6 MB of cache;
• Matrix type: IPS
• Resolution: 1920x1080
• Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050 2 GB GDDR5;
• RAM: 8 GB DDR4-2400 expandable up to 32 GB;
• Solid State Drive: 128G NVME M.2 for installing SSD on PCIe Gen3 x4 (up to 2200 MB / s);
• ROM: 1TB SATA HDD 5400R / M;
• Optical drive: no
• Camera: Front 720P
• Battery: 3,834 mAh Li-ion Polymer;
• Mini DP Port: Yes
• HDMI port is
• Warranty: 2 years
• Computer power supply: 3-Cell / 150 w
• 15.6 "Full HD (1920x1080), panel with a refresh rate of 120 Hz and a response time of 3ms (optional)
• USB Type-C: yes
• Thunderbolt: yes
Instructions
Useful
Reviews
Reviews, tests from members of the forum

FAQ
Theme Rules

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, contact the author of the topic in QMS (personal message) or to the section moderators via the buttonA complaintunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedstp101 - 23.05.19, 17:10
Reason for editing: Undervolting - lower temperature and increase notebook performance

Rep: (25)
* kiabs
Now after a forced reboot nothing eats away
Attached Image

Rep: (16)
* MoOnok , follow it during the work, and better install the dpclat utility, it monitors system interrupts. I had a similar problem, the laptop hung up tightly sometimes, interruptions began to jump under loads, it turned out to be jambs with the battery, he pouted and apparently short-circuited. Replaced and everything began to fly

* kiabs
Ok, I'll try. Thank.
But another thing is that it does not freeze under loads, but during normal use. Once 2, it hung up some time after switching on. The rest of the time when browsing or working in office applications.
I drove him a couple of days off in The Witcher 3 at maximum speeds for almost a long time: heats up, makes noise, the PSU heats up, but I have never even hinted at it.

Here is a screen below about events that have occurred since the moment you turned it on before freezing.
Maybe it will be clear from them where to start?
Most errors are related to wireless, by the way, which sometimes lags with me. There was a problem with bluetooth headphones, lagging sound and image.
"Intel (R) Wireless-AC 9560: Malfunctioning adapter detected."
And a few warnings on CryptoPro CSP.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Now I read about a similar problem with Dell G5 users on our forum. It is advised to reset the wireless settings.
Dell G5 / G7 15 - Discussion (Post by StacyStrider # 82206553)

Post has been editedMoOnok - 01.03.19, 23:43

MoOnok @ 03/01/19, 11:30 p.m.*
Now I read about a similar problem with Dell G5 users on our forum. It is advised to reset the wireless settings.
try, it can help, but also remove the device (network card in the manager) and reboot, after reboot, install the drivers from the MSI website, those that are in the support section of your model, of course, download drivers in advance.

Rep: (0)
Hello!
I decided to use the instruction "Recommendations for installing and updating the components of MSI GS-series notebooks".
On off. Intel's Intel® HM175 search site does not offer to download ME and Thunderbolt 3; only the chipset for Win10-64bit is displayed in the search results.
Download ME and Thunderbolt 3 from the website of the manufacturer of the laptop or is this the case already installed with the chipset?

* Daviddo , put it from the manufacturer’s website, otherwise it may not work correctly, for example, my HDMI did not start.

Is there a GS65 Stealth Thin 8RF owner on the forum? Would you like to receive feedback about this device? How does the updated layout behave in everyday use?

Post has been editedkiabs - 06.03.19, 14:43

kind
A few months ago, I became the owner of the GS73 Stealth Pro 8RE, but now everything is very bad, I transported the laptop in a backpack and apparently didn’t bend my back somewhere than I pressed the cooler on the process, now this muck is awful, I took off the lid I thought I could see it and put it on, total nothing is visible there. As I understand it, the bearing there, could it so easily rest? Is it possible to try to disassemble and replace the valve. In the service, they said 200 bucks, in other stores the cooler is about 60-70 percent, or ali 20-30. I know how to disassemble, but if this rubbish is so easy to bother it is no longer fun :(

Rep: (36)
* kiabs ,
Is there a GS65 Stealth Thin 8RF owner on the forum? Would you like to receive feedback about this device? How does the updated layout behave in everyday use?

And what is interesting for GS65, ask specifically pzhlst, otherwise I did not understand your question about the layout.

* gbjb ,
- PC temperature under light loads (for example, only surfing the Internet), how comfortable it is to keep on your knees, for example, the GS 43 is heated to 60, and they will sweat if they’re on their knees.
- build quality, in the reviews they wrote that the case creaks
- Well, the general impression of use.

Thought to buy, but so far I think, but nowhere to touch

* kiabs ,
- the case when surfing is practically not heated and the coolers do not make noise, even when you watch the vidos on YouTube
- the case creaks, it is especially felt when you take a laptop with one hand. I still don’t understand: the laptop is not cheap, why it has such a strange assembly and the shape of the case is also a bit strange, in terms of docking the top and bottom of the laptop case
- convenient to use, in this regard there are no questions for him. Fast, powerful and visually looks cool.
I have a GS65 8RE, but the difference with 8RF is minimal so that I can distinguish them somehow on these points.

Post has been editedMoOnok - 06.03.19, 20:08

Rep: (36)
Kiabs @ 03/06/19, 18:59*
PC temperature under light loads (for example, only surfing the Internet), how comfortable it is to keep on your knees

When surfing, watching a movie, the GS65 does not heat up at all and does not make noise at all. The temperature of the CPU and disks in the region of 40 degrees in similar modes, the speed of the CPU fan in the region of 2000 revolutions. Keep on your knees without any problems. But at maximum loads it will be hot!

build quality, in the reviews they wrote that the case creaks

The build quality is normal, everything fits snugly and does not move away; it is assembled neatly and yet rather poorly for extreme operating conditions. Very pleasant to the touch and to use, but by the way very easily soiled, spots on the lid constantly remain even from clean fingers. The case really does not have rigidity, it is felt when you take it with one hand over the edge in the open state, it feels like it is bending. And the aluminum edges are scratched about everything, if you drag it carelessly in a bag. In general, I would not chop nuts. This laptop will, with proper care, live happily at home for a long time, but with daily carrying around with it in a bag, it will quickly start to look not quite new.

Well, the general impression of using.

Sumptuously. Screen tale. The keyboard is super. Everything works out of the box. Everything is conveniently located, ports, ventilation holes, legs of the case, buttons on the keyboard, I would only move the touchpad a little to the right. The lack of rigidity of the case does not entail absolutely any difficulties, the laptop does not change shape and remains flat, the joints do not loosen, the joints do not diverge with time. If you do not climb in with inept hands and do not keep it on the couch, where it is instantly pumped with dust, then this laptop will last for a long time for any tasks and with a margin. Yes, there are simply no more of them yet, all models similar in parameters have much more weight, and this one is really light and very convenient.

Post has been editedgbjb - 07.03.19, 10:22

* MoOnok ,
* gbjb ,
Thanks schA review, now I will think. While I choose between these GS and gigabyte aero x15.

* gbjb , subscribe to each item.
The only thing when I take it with me is to put it in the black case that came with it. I sewed Velcro to this case, and now it really looks like a case. Nothing is scratched or rubbed.

Posted on 03/07/2019, 18:00:

* kiabs , also considered this gigabyte, but, at least, the design of the MSI is cooler. And it is inferior to the characteristics.

Post has been editedMoOnok - 07.03.19, 18:01

* MoOnok , the laptop will be a workhorse, so the strength of the assembly and the body as a whole is important

Comrades, there is a question. I think to take gs65 8re.
Who knows what kind of monitor is there?
How do eyes feel when working for 8 hours (coding, for example)?
I do not want to stumble upon something that burns out my eyes in the evening.
A supercritical question, in general.

* Svmatveev , more than once it has already been clarified here that the screen of the GS65 is excellent or at least very good.
There are many photos and video reviews of the laptop itself and its display.
The viewing angles on the screen are excellent, color reproduction is also on par.
There are many color gamut tests in various systems.
He acts as a confident good-guy there.
No PWM, which will be a huge plus, especially if you have to work often at night.

MoOnok @ 03/25/19, 20:40*
SVMatveev, more than once it has already been clarified here that the GS65's screen is excellent or at least very good.
There are many photos and video reviews of the laptop itself and its display.
The viewing angles on the screen are excellent, color reproduction is also on par.
There are many color gamut tests in various systems.
He acts as a confident good-guy there.
No PWM, which will be a huge plus, especially if you have to work often at night.

Yes, I generally read it. There were doubts after reporting on a laptop with a similar matrix:
Dj Alter Ego @ 12.17.18, 21:09*
I rarely write reviews about something, but this time I will write, maybe it will be useful to someone.
A week ago I bought the MSI GS63VR 7RF STEALTH PRO (GS63VR7RF-674US)
Display 15.6 IPS (1920x1080) / Quad-Core Intel Core i7-7700HQ (2.8 - 3.8 GHz) / 16 GB RAM / HDD + SSD: 1 TB + 128 GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 6 GB / Windows 10 / 1.9 kg

In my city, this was not just a touch, but it was not possible to see from far away. They sell one consumer goods.
A week I watched video reviews, I read, I thought I read, I thought, and eventually I bought it.

I will describe three points that are annoying:
1. Awful screen for this price. It is written by IPS but on the quality and inversion of colors - like on my HP shit for 10 thousand. I really feel "pain" at work, and constantly adjust the position of the monitor to the position of the body. Slightly moved ... and everything, already a white screen turns red
2. When loading a type of game, the battery discharges and charges. With these jerks she quickly swings. Therefore, many people swell batteries
3. Cooling ... if you put a cooler boost, the head starts to hurt from the sound. He is not loud, but he is treble. Squeak from the turbines so-so
If in auto mode - it heats like hell, and it is no wonder that after a year another chip will fall off.

Summary - if I saw it before buying, I would not have taken it from behind the screen.
Keyboard - I really like it. I’m typing into the blind very quickly and don’t miss.

And what’s the most annoying - I don’t even know if there are any reasonable alternatives to it. Took to work and rarely play. But the screen upset me

p.s. UPDATE - the screen is not terrible, but it is not IPS. In some color profiles and at high brightness - the color distortion is not so noticeable, but still it is far from what you expect for the money.

That is, the monitor, as I understand it, differs from the MSI GS63VR 7RF STEALTH PRO but inthe best side ?

One more question.
I read all 12 pages of this topic and did not find anything aboutP65 Creator 8RE .
Is there any kind of info about him?
As I understand it, there is an IPS-level screen, but with 60 hertz. Does anyone have any opinion on him?
The laptop is primarily for coding, photo processing and all that. Not a player. Please share your opinion about the 60Hz screen. Thanks, experts;)

* Svmatveev , well, there was originally a talk about the GS65, and how they didn’t know about the GS63. By the way, at first I wanted to take the GS63, but then changed my mind.
Perhaps in the year before last model there was a shitty matrix.
But this is of course redneck in a laptop of such a price category to put a shit matrix.

Post has been editedMoOnok - 25.03.19, 21:59

MoOnok @ 03/25/19, 10:58 p.m.*
SVMatveev, well, there was originally a talk about the GS65, as it is, I don’t know about the GS63. By the way, at first I wanted to take the GS63, but then changed my mind.
Perhaps in the year before last model there was a shitty matrix.
But this is of course redneck in a laptop of such a price category to put a shit matrix.

All in all, great news for me about the GS65.

Then the question is, how are things going withP65 Creator 8RE ?
Has anyone ever used this machine? How is the screen?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/22/19, 03:08