MSI GS Series - Discussion | [notebook] Windows | 15.6 & quot; | INTEL Core i7-7700HQ (Base 2.8GH

Rep: (23)
MSI GS Series - Discussion
Windows 10 | 15.6 "| INTEL Core i7-7700HQ (Base 2.8GHz up to 3.8GHz) (6MB Cache) | 8GB
Windows 10 пїЅ | Windows UWP Discussion пїЅ | Change the operating system пїЅ | Search programs пїЅ | Antivirus пїЅ | Ambulance laptop owners пїЅ

Attached Image

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Specifications
• Processor: Intel Core i7-7700HQ, 4-core with a clock speed of 2.8GHz and 6 MB of cache;
• Matrix type: IPS
• Resolution: 1920x1080
• Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050 2 GB GDDR5;
• RAM: 8 GB DDR4-2400 expandable up to 32 GB;
• Solid State Drive: 128G NVME M.2 for installing SSD on PCIe Gen3 x4 (up to 2200 MB / s);
• ROM: 1TB SATA HDD 5400R / M;
• Optical drive: no
• Camera: Front 720P
• Battery: 3,834 mAh Li-ion Polymer;
• Mini DP Port: Yes
• HDMI port is
• Warranty: 2 years
• Computer power supply: 3-Cell / 150 w
• 15.6 "Full HD (1920x1080), panel with a refresh rate of 120 Hz and a response time of 3ms (optional)
• USB Type-C: yes
• Thunderbolt: yes
Instructions
Useful
Reviews
Reviews, tests from members of the forum

FAQ
Theme Rules

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, contact the author of the topic in QMS (personal message) or to the section moderators via the buttonA complaintunder the messages. How to do it right, what would you understand the first time, well describedhere.

Post has been editedstp101 - 23.05.19, 17:10
Reason for editing: Undervolting - lower temperature and increase notebook performance

Rep: (0)
Hello everyone, yesterday I purchased a new laptop from my friend from Taiwan!
Now, thanks to the work, I am thinking about changing the laptop, because my former ASUS laptop has already been used for about 4 years,
and I also plan that in the future I will often go on business trips abroad,
and due to this reason, I decided to buy one ultra-thin laptop and asked a friend who now lives in Taiwan.

Honestly, I really like this laptop because it satisfies all my
requirements, and most importantly - the price of this laptop. In Taiwan, cheaper by 20% than in Russia
(And an extra plus! I got one trendy gray backpack from the collection!)
Attached Image

Post has been editedstp101 - 09.03.18, 21:02
Reason for editing: Pictures under spoiler

Rep: (12)
Man, how long have I been waiting for you and looking for)))

There are a lot of questions for you

1) the first thing that interests you the most is how the body is for durability
If you take a laptop with your left hand for the left corner of the plastic near the 3 yusb ports, it is deformed?

2) Is it hot? (games do not take into account)
3) very noisy with medium loads?

* KobeKober Awww, let's tell me more

Rep: (10)
* KobeKober
Congratulations on your purchase.
Tell me where I took it.

There are a lot of questions for you

1) the first thing that interests you the most is how the body is for durability
If you take a laptop with your left hand for the left corner of the plastic near the 3 yusb ports, it is deformed?

2) Is it hot? (games do not take into account)
3) very noisy with medium loads?

I will answer my own questions =)

1) there is no deformation, because here we have taken into account the experience of previous models, the body is made so that its entire upper part with side edges is integral. bottom plastic with felt.

2) there is nothing to check at the moment (weak internet to download something)
3) if the office work is not audible at all, but still there is noise when the percent heats up and it is not very pleasant, but something must be sacrificed

otherwise very pleased with the purchase

I took in Europe, there you can still make a tax free, and then at a price you will get less than 1k euro

but there is one fat minus for those who buy a laptop without an HDD, since in order to install it later it will be necessary to buy a special cable (about 50 euros), it is quite difficult to find in the free market.
code:K1F-1014005-H39

You can buy here:http://citosoft.com/pr...ble-fuer-msi-gs73.html(I have not bought but plan)

I don’t agree about the touchpad, I liked it, you can make a click almost anywhere

Collects prints well, but there is a rag in the kit if that))
Attached Image

I took in Europe, there you can still make a tax free, and then at a price you will get less than 1k euro

but there is one fat minus for those who buy a laptop without an HDD, since in order to install it later, it will be necessary to buy a special cable (about 50 euros) it is quite difficult to find in the free market.
Code: K1F-1014005-H39

I took this model in St. Petersburg train comes
Attached Image

I am satisfied with the purchase.
+ In my opinion a very good matrix.
+ Great design
+ Good gaming performance.
+ Comfortable keyboard.
+ All necessary connectors in stock.
+ No pre-installed OS
- Expected perceptible noise under load (personally does not bother me)

Post has been editedstp101 - 09.03.18, 21:02
Reason for editing: Pictures under spoiler

xponik @ 03/05/18 12:20*
I took this model in St. Petersburg train comes

what does complete mean ??
Is it already installed in the middle or has the store provided it?
I did not buy anything in vain =)? (I haven’t disassembled the laptop yet because I haven’t decided which HDD to install)

I was assured in the store that there was no possibility to install HDD there, because of this I began to search the forums for how to install HDD there. and this element for many absent

What is your modification of the laptop?
my GS63-7RD-086PL

xponik @ 03/05/18 12:20*
+ No pre-installed OS

I have the version of "HOME for one language" out of the box (it would be better if nothing was)

I agree with all the pluses, weight and compactness

Post has been editedkosvkv - 05.03.18, 16:23

what does complete mean ??
Is it already installed in the middle or has the store provided it?

Lay in the factory sealed box with a laptop.

What is your modification of the laptop?
my GS63-7RD-086PL

MSI GS63 7RD-066XRU

Post has been editedxponik - 05.03.18, 16:41

Tell me, please, how is the machine for gaming performance?

Tell me, please, how is the machine for gaming performance?

Well, as you say, pulls all the games, like the usual bunch of i7 7700hq + 1050 with 2GB of memory. (on YouTube is full of examples), but only consider one thing - it will be noisy =) (although it does not bother me)
Heating the case is.

Thank :)

How is the laptop after a few months of work? Have any non-obvious flaws surfaced? Interested in the deformation of the body, did not become manifest? thank

There is deformation if you press in the right places with more than usual force, since the body is thin. There is not a uniform gap between the display and the case in the open state (does not affect anything and does not bother me). In general, the laptop is more than satisfied. In the tanks on the ultra (all at a maximum) - stable 30 fps (below did not happen).

The body is very collect prints = (
If you play games, then it’s problematic to hold on a bare belly - hot from the bottom center, there is no fabric cover (well, there shouldn’t be there, there is a percentage in the area and a video card)

Attached Image

I'd add a question:
Has someone already used thunderbolt to connect a monitor?
just no where to check = (

Post has been editedkosvkv - 03.04.18, 22:26

Rep: (17)
Greetings! I thought about buying a similar laptop from this series, the price tags for them certainly bite) there were several questions about the OS, if there is a preinstalled windows 10 home for the market of another country, let's say Germany (it says that the language will be only German) is it possible to download or to replace language packs, at least with English? Suppose you can’t change the language, then the next question, reinstalling the OS, how are things with the drivers? Somehow, manually, you will have to put everything on all wifi BT modules, etc. or is there some kind of utility or something similar in the kit to easily install all the necessary drivers on the new OS? Well, I would be happy for tips on where to order laptops?) While I look closely at computeruniverse I have repeatedly ordered them and I am satisfied with the service, but not such things as laptops)

Bushanger @ 04/04/18, 20:43*
if there is a pre-installed windows 10 home for another country's market, let's say Germany (it says that the language will be only German)

I bought my laptop in Poland, I was also afraid of this moment, but when you first started, you could choose the language you want, there was no specific binding

Bushanger @ 04/04/18, 20:43*
reinstalling the OS how are things with the drivers?

it's just a fairy tale, there is no such thing as in most models that components from other manufacturers are used, everything is built on components from the same thing, no need to look for what wifi module you have installed.
you can download everything fromoff site

How are you doing with the battery? Really 3 hours at minimum brightness?

Posted 04/28/2018 23:45:

And who can have links to delicious European online stores? thank you in advance

How are you doing with the battery? Really 3 hours at minimum brightness?

4+ hours of web surfing + work in inventor-e (software for designing in 3D). Brightness 30%

Brightness 30%

How comfortable is it?

Tweakker @ 04/29/18, 21:10*
How comfortable is it?

For me, more than that, if there are no direct rays of the sun, then it is quite normal, I throw up to 20% in the evening, but sometimes I keep it at 50%, depending on the lighting. But here, for my taste, very high-quality IPS matrix and anti-reflective coating. Access to the outlet is constantly there, so I don’t “save” the charge of the Akum backlight, I work at a comfortable for me.

Tell me.
In the factory configuration, the computer comes with ssd for 256 gig.
Is it possible to install hdd?

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/22/19, 01:28