Running Windows 10 arm64 on an android device | Xiaomi mi max et al.

Rep: (46)
Run Windows 10 arm64 on your android device

Device or OS, firmware: Xiaomi mi max and others

Good day to all! I think it is no secret that Microsoft gash win10 for arm devices. I rummaged through all the runet and foreign countries and still found images for arm64. I am sure that these are the ones. Since the image is in the ISO format and inside the efi bootloader, it will be logical to say that you will need uefi to run it. I think the EfiDroid program should roll for this purpose, but there is no build for my device. You can download it from the XDA, or from the play market. Let's understand together :)

Link to the forum
Link to win10 images arm64

Post has been editedvitas3513 - 01.02.18, 10:45
Reason for editing: UPD: Corrected the link to the images

Rep: (35)
* Usasha1,
To support the KVM emulator, you need to gethttps://github.com/san…ernel_samsung_santos10
Or build a kernel from the source with the inclusion of the KVM yourself.
And without this, there will naturally be wild brakes, the processor is weak.

Rep: (10)
* = HACKERMAN =,
there is a guide how to get kvm?

Self-compiled kernel from source
Here is the instruction, maybe there are still topics on assembling the kernel from the sources specifically for Intel, you better ask the creators of custom firmware for your tablet, for starters, for example, cyanogenmod, there you can also find the source and instructions for building on your device, maybe in some ready-made custom wasn’t too lazy to set KVM in enabled when building the kernel, and then it would be no longer necessary to assemble it again

Rep: (2)
* = HACKERMAN = , I tried to build the kernel from KVM to arm64, it does not work, we need the HYP processor mode for armv7 and EL2 for aarch64. The bootloader loads the kernel not in hypervisor mode. Snap 810. On x86, KVM works quite well, so running Windows 10 ARM on KVM is not possible without modifying the bootloader

Post has been editednergZd723 - 17.08.19, 23:25

Someone has EFIDroid forks before the census, since now it doesn’t work due to rewriting. The developer has abandoned the project. I would like to build EFIDroid.

Rep: (6)
For those who want to run Windows through efidroid - this is impossible! It is 32-bit and will not launch the 64-bit Windows loader. There is another way to build 64-bit uefi.

* nergZd723,
Isn't the 810 dragon armv8? Cortexes after all 53 and 57 ...
You now wrote as if there are absolutely no custom machines with KVM enabled on the workstation, however, they are not only for intel and exinoshttps: //forum.xda-deve... chine-enabled-t3777356
I found out a lot of phones have KVM already enabled:
* Xiaomi phones, i.e. Pico F1 and Mi 8 with up to 8GB RAM (Mi 9 and Black Shark 2 have 12GB RAM)
* OnePlus phones, i.e. OnePlus 6T with up to 10GB RAM (McLaren Edition)
* Realme 2 Pro with 8GB of RAM

To find out just check the following file in a kernel source code:
https://github.com/MiC...i_Ker...figs/defconfig

Edk2Arm @ 08/18/19, 13:28*
There is another way to build 64-bit uefi.
So don’t Tomi, share the instructions, screenshots of the installed Windows)

* = HACKERMAN = , but you will not put Windows on such uefi (it is necessary acpi). But Linux can

* = HACKERMAN = , He is v8, but as you can see, KVM does not work there. Xiaomi and others, apparently, have a differently configured bootloader. Sony - no. Raising to EL2 mode for a hypervisor inside the Linux kernel is not possible if the bootloader does not.

Posted on 08/18/2019, 14:06:

* Edk2arm , I do not want Windu, but at least something. The EFIDROID developer seemed to want to add 64 bits, but abandoned it, alas. I can help with testing and partially development.

Post has been editednergZd723 - 18.08.19, 14:08

* nergZd723 , uefi for all arm (64) is ready. And even the kernel starts, but there is no access to the internal memory and it has to be inserted into uefi, but even it does not see the storage

Edk2Arm @ 08/18/19, 16:11*
but you will not put Windows on such uefi (it is necessary acpi). But Linux can

I also don’t need Windows in principle, I have enough of the Windows programs that can run vine. And this is only for 810 snap such uefi?

* = HACKERMAN = , for all arm64 (and possibly 32). But until the firewood in the kernel normally gets up on devices without xbl you can’t put it because there will be no output to the screen. I as a normal method will appear so I can throw it off to everyone

Rep: (60)
= HACKERMAN = @ 08/18/19, 12:57*
I found out a lot of phones have KVM already enabled:
* Xiaomi phones, i.e. Pico F1 and Mi 8 with up to 8GB RAM (Mi 9 and Black Shark 2 have 12GB RAM)
* OnePlus phones, i.e. OnePlus 6T with up to 10GB RAM (McLaren Edition)
* Realme 2 Pro with 8GB of RAM

To find out just check the following file in a kernel source code:
https://github.com/MiC...i_Ker...figs/defconfig

This is not correct information, KVM on xiaomi is not enabled by default. CONFIG_KVM = y is only in the defconflig file, and in defconfig, which compiles the kernel (for my phone whyred-perf_defconfig), there is nothing related to KVM. I tried to compile the kernel for xiaomi redmi note 5 with KVM turned on, it compiled and compiled without errors, but on the phone this kernel simply did not work, it didn’t even reach the boot animation, it stupidly hung on the mi logo. Although the defonfig file had the line CONFIG_KVM = y.
Realme 2 pro also has CONFIG_KVM = y only in the usual defconfig, but in other configs KVM is already gone. It seems to me that in all the kernels in the defconfig file there is a line CONFIG_KVM = y.

Post has been editedmonster dimon - 18.08.19, 16:45

* monster dimon
Have you tried to assemble absolutely the same thing, but with disabled kvm? Does the core start at all?

Rep: (60)
* = HACKERMAN =, yes, tried it and it works

Finally, he sat down and launched woa on smart via qemu, it remains only to assemble the kernel with kvm
Attached Image
Attached Image

Rep: (188)
* Semyon Turpanov , I'm certainly not an expert in launching full Windows on Android, but I’ll tell you, this is cool)
If not laziness, tell me if 10k slows down on your smart?
What is your CPU?
If you are not too lazy, do the startup instructions and what you need for it, I also want to start the OS on my Helio)

Post has been editedIddqd228 - Today, 16:36
Reason for editing: UPD

* Iddqd228 , I’m also not an expert, Windows is very buggy, absolutely non-usable, it is certainly better than win10 x86, through limbo, but still it is impossible to use it, I have a samsung galaxy s7 edge, on an exynos processor, a root was received on it, on a phone with such The processor can receive kvm, I will try to install it. I'll post the instructions and all the necessary files after a successful launch of woa with good performance, like in the BB

Posted on 08/24/2019, 16:45:

* Iddqd228 , You can try exagear windows emulator, with this program, take less and everything already works fine on it.

Post has been editedSemyon Turpanov - Today, 16:46

Rep: (188)
* Semyon Turpanov , Well thank you!)

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 08/24/19, 10:49 PM