Music Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus | We discuss everything about music: headphones, players, formats, etc.

Rep: (1797)
MusicSamsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus
PictureSound quality Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus
Description S8 | Description S8 + | Discussion пїЅ | Official S8 firmware пїЅ | Official firmware S8 + пїЅ | Unofficial firmware S8 пїЅ | Unofficial firmware S8 + пїЅ | Purchase пїЅ | S8 Accessories пїЅ | Accessories S8 + пїЅ | Marriage and Repair пїЅ | Camera talk пїЅ | Owners Club пїЅ | power usage пїЅ | Modifications and decorations пїЅ | Operator versions пїЅ | Music пїЅ

Useful
Galaxy S8 based on the Exynos processor has a Cirrus Logic CS43130 DAC on its board.
Galaxy S8 based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor has the Qualcomm Aqstic WCD9341 audio codec onboard
Regarding the improvement of sound S8

There is no curator in the subject. For questions about filling the caps, please contact the section moderators via the buttonPictureunder the messages to which you want to add links.

Post has been editedvelikashkin - 02.03.18, 08:48
Reason for editing: S8 sound enhancement

Rep: (0)
Can't I find these Lines?

The same topic. Android 9

Pretty interesting point. Can someone else with android 9 + root check for the presence of a Root file>system>etc>sapa_feature.xml lines:
<support name = "support_powersaving_mode" value = "true" />
? I would greatly appreciate it. I planned to ruin it for the most part due to an improvement in sound from the same instructions, but here it seems that the situation is welling up, that after upgrading to 9-k, things are not so simple ..

Post has been editedKolyan01 - 09.03.19, 20:01

upd.Looking at all, on 9-ke there really are no lines. Interestingly, it was transferred somewhere to another file or accidentally / deliberately deleted, and if you manually enter it there, it will work. If anyone has the opportunity to test any of the guesses, it would be great! I myself don’t have a root, unfortunately .. I don’t really want to root without this line.

Tell me, can anyone who encountered a problem, purchase S8 + SM-G955U1, when playing music via BT, on the KIA Sportage 3 head unit or BT headset, there is sound distortion (as if the high frequencies were overloaded), before that I used Meizu pro 6 plus - the sound was a great. I just haven’t tried it: updated from Android 7 to 8, in the developers menu I tried to change the codecs (they don’t change, SBC), turned on / off the playback on 2 devices. The sound on the wire is good, but on BT there are wheezing. I noticed that if you select mono in the developers menu, it stops rattling.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedoffcvet - 14.03.19, 09:12
Reason for editing: Attached a picture

Rep: (26)
Hello everyone about sapa_feature.xml. I am currently working on this in order to understand that the developers refused the economy mode or rigidly tied it to the drivers (as they say without options). Yes you are right in 9-ke (Pie) sapa_feature.xml is absent. in the week I found out the reason: in Samsung S9, S9 + there is an amplifier of the Max52- series, then the necessary config has disappeared. And all the firmwares were equalized by S9-ke. But I found out something. And here is a test for your S8.

<patch name = "gain-media-headset">
<ctrl name = "HPOUT2L Impedance Volume" value = "107" />
<ctrl name = "HPOUT2R Impedance Volume" value = "107" />
<ctrl name = "HPOUT2L Input 1 Volume" value = "32" />
<ctrl name = "HPOUT2R Input 1 Volume" value = "32" />

remember these lines in mixer_gains.xml ??? Try an option like this:

<patch name = "gain-media-headset">
<ctrl name = "HPOUT2L Impedance Volume" value = "160 " />
<ctrl name = "HPOUT2R Impedance Volume" value = "160 " />
<ctrl name = "HPOUT2L Input 1 Volume" value = "12 " />
<ctrl name = "HPOUT2R Input 1 Volume" value = "12 " />

In these changes, we put the value of digital gain at least, and at most on analog.
And here is the condition: IF THE SOUND MISSED OR IF YOU HAVE ANSWERED VALUE, THEN THE ENERGY SAVING MODE IS ON, AND IF LOUD AND THE NORMAL IS OFF. AND BE CAREFUL VALUES DATA FOR HEADPHONES ABOVE 50 Ohms FOR COMPARISON. THESE SETTINGS ARE FOR TEST ONLY, NOT FOR PERMANENT USE !!!!!
The fact is that before the maximum value for Impedance Volume was 125 (a larger value led to the absence of sound in the headphones). On my smart, I managed to raise to 165.

Post has been editedJaguar sergio - 16.03.19, 09:11

Rep: (1)
* JaguarSergio, checked, there is sound. Does the energy saving default to 9?

Rep: (47)
Is there a way to force codec switching, say from SBC to AAC, or from AptX to AAC? At least with root. Through the developer’s mode it doesn’t, it automatically discounts on what is “better” for it.
Maybe there are some applications, or patches?

Still here why I did not write about the SBC patch using magisk. I do not know if it works on exynos, while there is no way to check. Maybe someone will try?
A big topic to study this issue herehttps: //forum.xda-deve...audio-quality-t3832615
It looks like the same topic in RussianBluetooth sound enhancement on headphones without aptX and LDAC

Post has been editeddE1l - 21.03.19, 12:36

Colleagues, does the dac generally work when playing music via Bluetooth? Given the edited sapa_feature.xml on android 8.0?

Rep: (90)
* NikitaS8 +,
Not. It transcodes the initial digit into the digit of the bluetooth codec, and sends it to the ears. The digital-to-analogue conversion is already in the ears.

Rep: (33)
Good day. After rolling back to Android 8, I can’t set up switching tracks in turn using a headset. Can you tell me where to look ...

Rep: (3)
JaguarSergio @ 02/09/18, 10:08*
root-rights to this device

Need a direct Root or will Magisk work too?

Hey. I stitched my nine. I installed a custom kernel, firmware, root, magisk. Well, everything is as it should.
I removed this sound alive to the dicks, now I'm looking for a replacement for the system equalizer. Can you tell me where to dig? Well, make the sound in your ears and bt louder

Rep: (41)
Good day. And in our devices for outputting sound on yusb what is used: cdla or direct audio? What kind of headset to buy, what would it work for, and then native akg is still G ... (в‚Ѕ $ 8ka on a dragon)

How to turn off the sound when taking pictures? In the camera settings is empty about the sound

Did someone find a dac configuration at 9? I didn’t find how much

People, tell me, please, what could be the problem - I selected headphones here and noticed that some headphones when connected via Bluetooth at maximum volume, they sound very quiet. In this case, if you connect the headphones over the wire, then with a volume everything is ok.
Other phones were connected to these headphones (including iPhone 7) - there the Bluetooth volume is very decent - 40 percent more than my Samsung gives out.
Can this be fixed somehow? Or is it a feature of Samsung itself?
Now on the phone is the latest official firmware with 9 android.

Rep: (2)
Hello ! no one paid attention that after increasing the volume above 88%, the sound becomes quieter, no matter how strange it sounds? How to get around this explicit software limitation? I’m missing a little volume ... rut?

Post has been editedgremik - 31.05.19, 18:56

Rep: (4)
* gremik , Hello!
If you have wireless headphones, then try turning this option on in the developer’s settings, and then restart the phone, just remove paired headsets and pair again (see attachment).

* Zvibizd
By the way, with a quiet sound in some wireless headphones this can also solve the problem. And plus disconnect in the bluetooth settings (click on Advanced or Advanced in the device search menu) Media volume sync or synchronize the volume with the phone, if available.

Attached images
Attached Image

Post has been editedognevuik - 01.06.19, 11:34
Reason for editing: Added info

Rep: (2)
No, the headphones are wired - Sinha cx 300 ...

Hello everyone, tell me please, I have audio technica ath im50 headphones, is there any sense in buying a headphone amplifier? It just seems to me s8 does not reveal their full power.

Rep: (36)
I bought Sennheiser Momentum Free ears. The sound is great, volume too. The codec is AptX Low Latency, so the sound in the video does not lag behind the word at all.

* oleg-efeso, only after all, the phone does not support Aptx Low latency and Aptx HD ... But, if there really is no lag in the video, that's cool.

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 09/06/19, 3:01 PM