Librem 5 | Linux secure smartphone

Rep: (3193)
Attached Image

A photo
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Very interesting smartphone. It will run on Linux. Targeted at security and privacy.
I create a theme to be able to discuss the smartphone before its release. It is worth taking or not.
It is especially interested in the opinion of people who understand these issues.
Pre-order began some time ago. Left to wait about a year (according to the developers).

Characteristics from the official site
-Does not run Google Android
-Does not run Apple iOS
-Runs PureOS by default, can run most GNU + Linux distributions
-World's first ever IP-native mobile handset
-End-to-end encrypted decentralized communications via Matrix
-5 "touchscreen
i.MX 6 or i.MX 8 CPU (we're already making progress on our roadmap to i.MX 8)
Vivante GPU (Etnaviv free software accelerated driver)
Separate mobile baseband
3GB LPDDR3
32GB eMMC
Microsd slot
Camera (front and back)
Flash
Headphone and Microphone Jack (3.5mm)
Microphone
Speaker
Power Button
Volume Controls
SIM Slot
WiFi 802.11
Bluetooth 4
Debugging interface (internal)
USB host
USB Type-C
Battery
Sensors:
GPS
Accelerometer
Gyroscope
Compass
Ambient Light
Proximity
Hardware kill switches for:
Camera
Microphone
Baseband

Of site:https://puri.sm/
ChannelPurismon YouTube.

Post has been editedferhad.necef - 15.06.20, 05:43
Reason for editing: a channel on YouTube

Rep: (111)
64-core processor @ 1.06.19, 21:24*
But on the sabget RAM 3 gig, and offtopa - 2.
Offtop also has a version at 64GB ROM and 3 Giga RAM. Both CPUs are built on the ARM Cortex A-53, the truth of Sabza GPU Vivante GC7000Lite, it seems more powerful than Mali 400 on Pinephone. But offtopic price is much lower.

Rep: (107)
* Sony Xperia_98 I would have looked at the revival of Migo / Maleo / Safish.

* ALLAHPARTY Well Maemo, Sailfish, NEMO will be supported by Pinephone

* Sony Xperia_98 Not fly.
Dead phone + dead OS = Nobody needs.

Post has been editedALLAHPARTY - 09.06.19, 20:33

* ALLAHPARTY Well, there is still support from different OS. But neither the Pinephone nor Librem will take off. To a limited public.

* Sony Xperia_98 , Yeah, born dead.
Well, nothing to do anything.

* ALLAHPARTY Well, from the market all skeins. Yes, and the opens is not much developed in this regard. If free alternatives were cheaper and provided the same. Native software or android support app, then Lin could take off. Another Linux is in the masses, but many will scare the new, "complex" and terminal. Although the smarts will be on smarts

* Sony Xperia_98 These "shops" are a garbage from two and a half programs.

And as BE, Androyd - Linux, only cooked otherwise.

* ALLAHPARTY I know about it, but the support of android programs are actively saw, although so-so. Sailfish supports for example, there are also different projects in Ubuntu Touch trying to store support. There will be a software, you can talk about something, discuss further.

* Sony Xperia_98 , Sho say - see.

Although I personally do not believe in the success of emulators.

Forgot to add channelPurismOn YouTube. There are already small widgets with a show of some functions ...

Published Final Specification of Smartphone Librem 5

Rep: (7)
Shipment began on pre-ordershttps://puri.sm/posts/...shipping-announcement/

Order herehttps://shop.puri.sm/shop/librem-5/
Price tag 699 Green rubles.

Do not forget that the crime is now ours, and 2x the rise in price of overseas toys can be pulled out.
However, for many quite lifted.
I would have thought about the order, if I had recently did not defuse almost the same on the electronics, now the toad is stiring stronger.
True now also delivery horse ...

* devrandom , Kek. 45K for the phone without potential. Nace Rofl.

Rep: (35)
Regarding the fact that the phone without messengers - in the modern world will not survive - it is not about Librem 5. On board will be the client using Matrix protocol. At the moment, I unfolded your server, I connected whatsapp and Telegram to it, in addition to them, you can connect a huge cloud of other messengers, right up to IRC, Skype, Discord, and even iRessage (though it will be necessary to deploy MacOS to turn it out). But given the focus of the phone to freedom of software, many to limit the WhatsApp and Telegram - and then only for communication with relatives and friends who are not ready to exchange precious applephones, collecting and merging the cloud of information for a penny advertisers who cannot even normally process such a number of information, And anyway, it is not correctly targeted (hi ​​instagram, but this is already lyrics). In modern phones - the problem is not only in draining information to advertisers, but also that the user has no complete freedom regarding the useof hisDevices. In Librem 5 you canphysicallyDisable, certain functionality, when it may be necessary (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G / LTE, Camera, etc.), without disassembling the phone itself. I believe that this phone may not shoot, but it will definitely find their buyers

Mario116 @ 10/14/19, 9:12*
I believe that this phone may not shoot, but it will definitely find their buyers
True said. For the work of developments, the price is good, but for iron and functionality - no. Yes, this is a free smartphone, with free features / hardware and hardware switch, but most of this is not necessary. And for such a price and Kharki, he will go into the hands of his audience no more.

Rep: (3)
There are already owners?)

* Ncafeo , on the Purism forum there is, there is no) there is just most Europeans who are not sorry for this)

Rep: (423)
ALLAHPARTY @ 06.06.19, 13:47*
Dead OS
in the sense of? I suppose, never used Linux distribution? GNU / Linux Lively Makos and windows
Mario116 @ 10/14/19, 9:12*
In Librem 5 you can physically disable
This statement is incorrect for virgins. I don't know about the release version

* PHPoeniX , on the smartphone, you can also turn off all this using physical switches

Full version    

Help     rules

Now: 14.01.21, 22:06